[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did the Empire actually do anything wrong? They were just trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 736x1137) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 736x1137
Did the Empire actually do anything wrong? They were just trying to bring order to the galaxy
>>
They are supposed to be Nazis. So yes, now I wait for the /pol/ responses
>>
>The Empire a good boy
They literally blew up a planet
>>
>>63917966
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE EMPIRE IS EVIL
>>
>I'll show YOU the dark side

What did he mean by this? is JJ secretly a cuck?
>>
the Rebel side is filled with gamblers and scoundrels, why anyone would support them over the Empire is beyond me
>>
>>63918075
>secretly
>>
>>63917966
I know the Empire blew up planets and stuff. But what exactly did they do to oppress the galaxy, or whatever? It seemed like things were pretty chill for you unless you were an active Rebel.
>>
>>63918051
Are you sure the planet didn't deserve it?
>>
>>63917966
They blew up a planet bro
>>
>>63918397
The planet was actively trying to disrupt order in the Empire

It was a matter of galactic security
>>
>>63917966
>Blew up a planet
>Slavery
>Genocide of the Jedi
>Wasted trillions of tax credits building a base with the exact same weakness as the first
>Ruled citizens through fear
>Sterilization of Geonosis
>Making deals with organized crime (Hutts)
>Forced new religion

Yeah, the empire were the good guys.
>>
Look /pol/ if it makes you happy just imagine a New Conglomerate type faction that is exclusively human, its prolly out there.
>>
>>63918425
Does anyone have any evidence that Alderaan actually exploded?
Don't tell me people actually buy that a ship blow up a fucking planet in an instant and didn't get hit by any of the debris.
Does anyone here know how much energy it actually takes to blow up something the size of a fucking planet?
>>
>>63918440
>Wasted trillions of tax credits building a base with the exact same weakness as the first

truly this was the greatest of their sins
>>
>>63917966
Who illustrated that OP. Vader on a fashion catwalk.
>>
>>63918498
I don't think so. What probably happened is that the Alderaanians put up 2 decoy shields in front of their planet. One was a decoy Alderaan loaded with explosives, obviously the one we saw explode, and then one coated in vantablack to make it appear as though Alderaan was gone
>>
>>63918498
I think I might be able to shed some light onto just how the death star was able to destroy Alderaan.

[Spoiler]It's a movie[Spoiler]
>>
>>63918498
>Does anyone here know how much energy it actually takes to blow up something the size of a fucking planet?

If we detonated 15,600 Tsar Bomba's at the core of the Earth, It'd explode. Not as quickly or violently as Alderaan, maybe more like how the Starkiller imploded on itself.
>>
>>63918269
I get what you mean but if the lore that existed in the prequels still exists and in episode 4 we even learn the following things take place after the empire takes over

>Large Corporations and businesses are basically annexed by the government
>Slowly but surely all the democratic processes are removed
>systems no longer have self rule
>enslaved multiple races to further the empires rule
>>
>>63918030

Not so much though.

I always thought of Empire vs Rebels as British Empire vs American Colonies.
>>
>>63918498
About 2.25x10^32 joules, which is roughly 53 quadrillion megatons. By way of comparison, the Chixulub impact (the suspected Dinosaur killer) is estimated at 90 million megatons, almost a billion times as powerful.
>>
>>63919727
Or rather, the Death Star blast is about a billion times as powerful as the Chixulub impact of.
>>
>>63918440
Genociding the Jedi was probably a good thing, those fuckers were bizarre
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.