[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder to OT fags that if you like C3P0 but hate Jar Jar you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: jar_jar_binks.jpg (14 KB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
jar_jar_binks.jpg
14 KB, 300x228
Reminder to OT fags that if you like C3P0 but hate Jar Jar you are a complete hypocrite.
>>
>>63917487
Nobody likes C3P0
>>
if you think the two are that comparable then you're really bad at understanding characters and should probably stop posting for a while
>>
>le c3po is as bad as jar jar meme

How do we stop the prequel apologists from shitting up /tv/?
>>
Hey man at least C3PO didn't step on shit and talk in babyspeak
>>
C3P0 had a much more minor role, wasn't a general in a battle and when he was annoying was properly bitchslapped by Han or Leia.
>>
>>63917549
the same way we stop retards pretending TFA was anything better than the prequels
>>
>>63917487
You were supposed to find 3po annoying

Jar-jar was supposed to be cool
>>
C3PO was useless until ROTJ and I don't like him, but Jar Jar was integral to the plot of TPM.

That's a bigger problem.
>>
>>63917539
>both are the comic relief
>significant side character that follows the main protagonists
>awkwardly feminine
>saves the protagonists in a dire situation
>is key to the overarching plot
>these are positive traits for the robot
>these are somehow negative traits for Jar Jar
>>
>>63917660
The traits aren't the problem, it's how they are executed.
>>
>>63917660

>one is well written
>the other isn't

Now fuck off.
>>
>>63917617
He and R2D2 had the stolen plans for the deathstar. If it wasn't for 3P0 recommending R2 to luke when they were buying droids then he would have never seen the message from Leia
>>
>>63917723
>C3P0 is well written

Um...
>>
>>63917660
the difference is that jar jar was a failed attempt at comic relief despite being shoved in your face constantly
>>
>>63917660
>significant side character
>C3P0 follows the story around and pops in with quick one liners and is promptly told to shut up
>Jar Jar Binks leads the Jedis to his home world, makes small talk with everyone he meets and eventually commands an Army in battle.
>>
File: 1434456573663.png (194 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1434456573663.png
194 KB, 499x499
>prequel apologist
How embarrassing
>>
I always thought Jar Jar Binks was cool growing up. OTfags BTFO
>>
>>63917820
the only one btfo is you, for having such shit taste
>>
>>63917842
S T A Y M A D
T
A
Y
M
A
D
>>
>>63917660
Yes they're both comic relief

But you're ignoring a lot of other things.

For one, C3PO is meant to be the foil of R2D2, their "comic relief" role works as a duo. It's not really accurate to single them out. If it was just C3PO prattling on about how dangerous everything around them is, he would be really fucking annoying. But you have R2D2 (and Han, occasionally)to provide some pushback which makes for good comedy. Jar Jar on the other hand has no counterpart, and it shows.

You're also ignoring the type of humor that each character uses. C3PO's comedy is built on his interactions with other characters, the vast majority of Jar Jar's comedy comes from purely slapstick/potty humor. You can even see this start happening to C3PO in the prequels with that ridiculous droid factory scene in Episode II.
>>
at least C3P0 is an affluent british white man, not a nigger.
>>
>No one mentioning the ebin sith Jar Jar
>>
>>63901523
>>63917515
some people
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 258x196) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 258x196
>>63917487
Hi there OP. How are you doing? C3PO and R2 were largely based on this British vaudeville act, Laurel and Hardy, who everyone who was raised in the 70s knew of. Who was Jar-Jar sidekick? -get well soon.
>>
>>63917515
Its not your fault you're just a millennial.
>>
>>63918390
Nobody cares grampa
>>
>liking Jar Jar
>hating C-3PO

This is some epically shit taste here.
>>
>>63918736
What if I think they are both equally bad?
>>
>>63919104

Still shit taste.

C-3PO is fucking classic.
>>
>>63917946
>C-3PO droid factory scene

That fucking abomination of a scene is pretty much the sole reason why I still rank TFA above AOTC.
>>
>>63917756
Basically this,
>LOOKS ITS JAR JAR
>WHOOPS HE FELL OVER HAHA
>HES SO CLUMSY IN BATTLE HAHA
>HE SUGGESTS EMERGENCY POWERS BE GIVEN TO PALPATINE EFFECTIVELY SIGNALLING THE DOWNFALL OF THE REPUBLIC AND THE JEDI ORDER....HAHA
>>
>>63917946

What happened to C3POs arm? I notice he got it back in the end, how did he manage that?
>>
>>63917487
Jar Jar is also fucking aesthetically displeasing to look at. I get a mild metal boner when looking at c3po's beautiful golden curves.
>>
>>63917487

his humor is based around slapstick while C3P0 is more supposed to be more about his dialog with other characters. C3P0 reacts to the world around him while the world reacts to jarjar.

Totally different.
>>
>>63918644
You know what they say about people who don't like Laurel and Hardy...
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.