[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>find out about some weird cosmic energy >use it for really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: jediorder.jpg (165 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
jediorder.jpg
165 KB, 1152x864
>find out about some weird cosmic energy
>use it for really nothing other than martial expertise to be glorified foot soldiers for a fruity little club

Bravo, Jedi Order.
>>
Well they used to fight sith and mandalorians back in the day but after annihilating those guys they went to shit.
>>
What I liked about TFA is that it brings The Force back to being a weird existential zen thing instead of midichlorians that make you go fast.
>>
>>63917027
I force myself to believe the explanation that midichlorians are just microbes attracted to force sensitive individuals.
Anyway, you're right. It's clear that they tried to make the movies as if the prequels were details in the Star Wars bible rather than three movies that were made and people saw.
>>
>>63917027
>>63917145

Literally nothing wrong with midichlorian explanation
>>
>>63917466
The very idea of explaining it is wrong in the first place. The Force shouldn't be explainable or really understandable.
>>
>>63917466

It's a boring explanation. You can't really quantize a spiritual concept like that.
>>
>>63917466
>Here's a mystical thing that starkly contrasts with the technology-fueled rest of the setting
>lel it's something that can be measured with technology never mind
>>
How does the light color works? Is it a rank system?
>>
>>63917872

Depends on the crystal inside the saber, not a rank thing as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>63917872
This is EU wankery, but it's the only explanation. The crystals the Jedi use form organically, with the colour being a side effect of that. The Sith have to use synthetic ones due to the Jedi keeping the places that the legit ones form closely guarded and a side effect of that process is that they all come out red. Also, apparently Kylo Ren's is cracked or something, thus the ragged appearance.
>>
>>63917954
>Jedi guard crystals
>Sith can just make them anyway
What is the point? Do they not want the sith to have different colors?
>>
>>63918003
I'd assume it's a lot harder to make the synthetic ones.
>>
>>63917953
>>63917954

Oh, I see. I thought it was green for leaders, blue for warriors and pink/purple for spiritualists or something. But the crystal explaination makes sense. Thanks
>>
>>63917872
Green is force powers over fencing
Blue is fencing over force powers
Yellow I forgot
Purple is Special Snowflake
>>
>>63918178

I remember that was in KOTOR which takes place a long time before the PT by which time I don't think the colors matter anymore. Also disregard Disney for saying KOTOR isn't canon.
>>
>>63918426
what if they did?
that means they'd have to make TOR canon as well
>>
>>63918640

Yeah but these are events that aren't taking place anywhere near the events of SW so to me it just kind of makes the universe smaller to just disregard all that.
>>
>>63918750
>include raw sewage in canon just to make it bigger
why
>>
File: 1450497115613.jpg (7 KB, 130x179) Image search: [Google]
1450497115613.jpg
7 KB, 130x179
>>63916163
what a fucking edgelord windu is
>oh look at me an my purple stick
what a faggot
>>
>>63918897

I actually haven't played TOR so I'm not entirely sure how much of a raw sewage it really is.
>>
>>63917466

I'd actually be fine with the idea if it was explored or played consistently. If midichlorians enable a stronger connection to the force, then blood tests for jedi powers should be a thing. Palpatine could be tested easily.

There would be experiments where the sith or even the jedi were trying to inject people with midichlorians to get their force powers up. There'd be all kinds of shit and it could actually be interesting.

I think what annoyed people the most about it wasn't just the fact that it exists at all, it's how it was introduced. The only reason it came about is because Lucas needed a way of demonstrating that lil' Jake Lloyd was actually a super badass force guy. And because he somehow lost his ability to even think of cool concepts, rather than having him demonstrate this beyond doubt, he reduced "force potential" to "blood test readings", and then never brought it up again.

>He must be the chosen one, this medical chart says so!

The concept is retarded when introduced in that way.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.