[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Leftovers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 531x277) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 531x277
I know I missed all the thread and such, but what did you blokes think of season 2?
What's with Garvey cheating death all the time?, and all the psychics.
I missed all the theories and such.
>>
Three episodes into season 2. When does it get good? I thought this was the best season of a tv show in ages?
>>
>>63914365
Season 2 starts a bit shaky, but let it get its legs
What did you think of the first season?
>>
Bomp
>>
Our hearts were pure
We knew for sure
It's a mir-ah-cle

I think the show would be much stronger if the Guilty Remnant left (totally okay with a cult plotline but seriously chain-smoking mutes? Fuck off).

And if it didn't delve into all that mystery/purgatory stuff that Lindelof likes so much
>>
>>63914603
What is the purpose of the smoking?, intimidation I'm assuming
And I think the purgatory shite just adds to the mystery that has been building steadily
>>
>>63914647

Honestly I'm ready for a full season of answers about everything, the departure etc. But I understand that the show is about these people dealing with loss/grief and their emotional damage.

So when they started dangling new mysteries like divine intervention earthquakes, purgatory, mystics and seers I was hurt coz it strays from the answers I want and generates new questions ;_;
>>
>>63914856
Fair point, with the lenses and the demon name drop, there are so many questions beings spouted about. Also oldmate who sacrifices goats and such. Still I fucking love this show
>>
All this supernatural shit is reminding me of lost

I hope they finish this series relatively quickly and well unlike lost
>>
>>63915112

Yeah it's a wonderful show still, I think they did a great job with season 2 without further books to base it on.
The final scene though could he be dead for real? It was so dream like with everyone there in the living room and shit
>>
>>63915238
I don't think so, the preceding scenes all lead up to them all being together
>>
>>63915332

Okay good, then it was just a really well filmed scene and a great way to cap the season. I actually do pay attention to shit I swear, I finished the final ep at like 4am after a marathon sesh
>>
Where will season 3 be set?@ miracle was a neat concept and there could be more answers there :^)
>>
>>63915465
Yeah for sure he's still alive
>>
File: 125534245224.webm (1 MB, 612x716) Image search: [Google]
125534245224.webm
1 MB, 612x716
who's /nora/ here?
>>
>>63914365
ep 4-5
>>
>>63916406
>dat flat butt
It hurts
>>
>>63916406
Jill is literally top tier
>>
>>63914647
theres no purpose. remember the number sequence from LOST? errbody was like "whats it mean" and it was nothing.

probably the people who started it smoked a lot, then the newcomers would pick it up and then somehow it became part of the cult
>>
File: Margaret Qualley.jpg (65 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Margaret Qualley.jpg
65 KB, 900x600
>Jill still hasn't been BLACKED
I can't believe this shit.
>>
>>63917433
Ah, right.
What about the white and no speaking?
Also what did Garvey wish for in the bathroom?
>>
>>63917643
I'm only halfway through season 2 but are you telling me she never gets BLACKED by John and his son at all?

Absolutely ridiculous
>>
>>63914647
The GR, in the book, were a clumsy metaphor for cancer-awareness groups and the departening was a clumsy metaphor for lung cancer. As lung cancer is 2% of cancer deaths.
>>
>>63917733
yes, it's totally crazy! she's literally asking for it but Michael is too chaste to give it to her, that's what I call bad writing
>>
>>63917667
i wish i knew what he wished for as well.

id also like to know if the black dude was for real or just another cult leader with a fetish for asian girls. also, who shot him?

i guess the departure would cause all kinds of cults to pop up and ppl rushing to get some kind of comfort.
>>
>>63914365
4 is the first episode of the show I really enjoyed and where S2 starts getting good
>>
>>63916406
favourite scene from the show desu
>>
>>63917735
>still forcing this meme
>>
File: S02E04.nora.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
S02E04.nora.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>63917335
it's not that flat
>>
>>63918117
Maybe she's done squats for season 2, but her nude scene in season 1 was disappointing
>>
>>63918149
>disappointing
eh?
her tits are like literally perfect
>>
>>63917893
I've read he wished for his family which would make sense given the finale.

I assumed he wished for the departed back given Wayne's face and the wish got skewed.
>>
>>63918180
Ass you dumbass
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.