[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this was better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: 1450463451363.jpg (170 KB, 1368x770) Image search: [Google]
1450463451363.jpg
170 KB, 1368x770
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree this was better than RotJ?
>>
Obviously. Didn't have a useless ewok scene.
>>
ROTJ
Meh movie with a great conclusion
TFA
Great movie with a meh conclusion

Pottery
>>
>>63914221
>meh conclusion
What do you mean?
Starkiller was kinda lame, but it wasn't the main focus.
>>
>>63914675
I mean that the main villain getting shreked by a girl who never used a lightsaber before was a pretty shit conclusion. Outside of that it was good.
>>
>>63914163
V>IV>VI>III>VII>I>II
>>
>>63914163

No, it was a mess.

Worse than rotj

On par with Revenge of the Sith, but for different reasons.
>>
>>63914163
the dust hasn't settled yet, faggot.
>>
>>63914728
Well she was already trained with the staff, and Kylo was in a weird state of mind, had been blasted by Chewie, and had had a round of sparring with Finn.
>>
>>63914728
Kylo was a physical and emotional wreck at that point, and I can't imagine it's that hard to swing a lightsaber.
Though I do agree Rey was a bit too good at stuff.
>>
Best film in the series. Not meming. Take off your nostalgia goggles. The OT is a product of its time.
>>
>>63914800
Nah, Empire is pretty much perfect.
>>
>>63914756
V>III>IV>VII>VI>I>II
>>
>>63914728
What this guy >>63914788 said + the fact that she was aided by the force because she is apparently extremely force sensitive. You can call the fact that she can use the force so effectively an asspull, but the fight makes sense.
>>
>>63914817
>cringey dialogue
>a second act that drags
Still a great film but not perfect
>>
>>63914881
>second act hat drags
U wot. The Yoda scenes are some of the best in the film. And the filler Asteroid scens are great too.
>>
I really must wonder what the average age is of someone who actually thinks the shitshow that is 7 isn't the worst SW movie yet is. You niggas cant be old enough to post here.
>>
>>63914163
No it competes with Attack Of The Clones for the position of the worst movie of the franchise.
ROTJ is so much superior of it, I think you're probably baiting.
>>
>>63914881
There are some kind of cringey parts (I feel like the Han/Leia "romance" falls flat), but having rewatched it recently it's still pretty good. I feel like the Rebel Alliance has a big part in the first 1/3rd and then disappears for the rest of the movie. It would've been a little better if they'd found a way to show the Rebellion in disarray like halfway through the film.

Overall an 8/10 movie and probably the reason why Star Wars is even as big as it is.
>>
>>63914937
Have you seen AotC before? Tell me 3 good things in that movie. I can give you 10 for TFA.
>>
>>63914937
Well meme'd my friend :)
>>
>>63914163
Its better than TPM and AOTC and that is it, in no way, shape or form is it better than any of the originals. Its not even better than ROTS.

You are letting nostalgia blind you.
>>
Why do people dislike ROTJ so much, or at least much less than IV and V?

I've never really been able to look at it from a critical perspective because I grew up on the films and have too much nostalgia bias to them.

I definitely think V is the strongest, but i'm not sure why VI is looked down upon so much
>>
>>63914163

Honestly TFA was pretty shit.

If it wasn't starwars themed it would have been shitcanned for being so pathetic.
>>
>>63914163
Of course its V>IV=VII>VI>III>I>II
>>
>>63915014
Very weak second act. Han and Leia have jack to do most of the movie. Repeat of the Death Star (Yes TFA does this too, they both lose points for this). Way too much time spent on Ewoks.

Its not a bad movie at all, but its clearly the weakest of the OT.
>>
>>63915014
Bad pacing, Ewok stuff is worse and more stupid than anything in TFA. Vader vs Luke is GOAT but everything else about the film past Jabba's sail barge is not that good.
>>
>>63915069
>>63915076

Fair enough, I can definitely see that the Ewoks are pretty lame, watching it now I could see that.

Thinking about the film doesn't really have a middle act.
>>
>>63915014
Because as fucking amazing as the dagobah and every scene with Luke, Vader, and the Emperor are in that movie, over half the movie is pretty boring with no great moments.
Seriously, all the throne room scenes in the movie are some of the best in the entire series. But the rest boggs it down.

I'd still put it above TFA for ACTUALLY HAVING GOOD MOMENTS though, which TFA lacks. TFA is just a competent movie, but there's nothing there memorable, distinctly due to the lack of quiet moments to break up the action.
>>
>>63915127
>but there's nothing there memorable,
I promise you that Han's death(particularly with the sun's light being sucked in the background) will go down as one of the most memorable moments of the series
>>
The rankings are pretty simple

V>IV>VI=VII>III>II>I
>>
>>63915014
Also - Death Star, again; hamfisted and worst decision to make Vader and Leia related. juvenile sounds; jokes. over-expository script
>>
>>63914974
TFA as entire plot is a fucking disaster, and doesnt even have the small details right to compensate. The whole thing is fucking full retard. AotC jist suffers from bad acting by Hayden. The plot is fine, the battles are great, and the political plot with Sheev is believable. Its a much fucking better movie that TFA is as of now. Only an extended cut with at least another hour of character building dialouge could save it at this point.
>>
>>63914163
haha no
>>
>>63915188
But it wasn't that memorable.
It was predictable and derivative. A copy of Obi Wan's death in A New Hope etc. It felt forced, like "well shit, we have to have SOME kind of super emotional moment, because IV had it and I tried to do it"
>>
>>63915189
I>II
By a mile. TPM at least has two good scenes.
>>
>>63915218
If it's worse than ROTJ - I'll skip seeing it. Should I skip it; spare my eyes, heart and mind?
>>
>>63915314
eu was better
>>
>>63915263
>A copy of Obi Wan's death in A New Hope etc.
An old guy getting killed doesn't make it a copy of Obi-Wan's death at all. This is a tone-deaf criticism.
And yes Kylo being conflicted and on the edge of making a decision when all the light suddenly gets sucked out of the room and he decides to kill his dad is absolutely memorable.
>>
>>63915060
This, except IV > VII
>>
>>63915314
If you want to watch a movie and have moments where you go "Hey, there's x, I'm watching Star Wars" yes watch it. If you want to watch a film that arguably has a worse story than the Tomb Raider reboot as one of its plotlines, then no, stay the fuck away.
>>
Rankings adjusted for nostalgia.
3>2>1>5>4>6>7
>>
>>63915357
Mentor figure to our protagonist has a discussion with character in mask that he has a very close history with, but had ultimately fallen to the dark side. The mentor figure is killed, but their death serves as inspiration and sense of purpose for our protagonist to press forward.

>It's not copy paste
Just because Han didn't disappear after he was killed doesn't make it not copy pate.
>>
>>63915357
Its absolutely retarded and was an act so evil even Vader couldn't do it. Not even remotely in line with Kylos character as shown so far, and defeats the purpose of every scene in which he "struggles". Just make him the ultimate douche from the start and skip all the nonsense theatrics. Him being a cool and calculated villain of tantrum kid would have gone a long way to making the movie average instead of shit.
>>
>>63915060
V>IV>I=VII>VI>III>II
>>
No. The first quarter of rotj is better than anything else in the OT and ewoks were fine because IT'S A KIDS MOVIE
>>
>>63915412
>Mentor figure to our protagonist
He's not a mentor figure, what the fuck are you even talking about?
>The mentor figure is killed, but their death serves as inspiration and sense of purpose for our protagonist to press forward.
That never happened in this movie. Watch it before you shitpost there's a fucking cam out already
>>
>>63915373
oh man, advice taken.
>>
Is it worth watching in 3D?
>>
>>63914163
the real question is... will it manage to do better than furious 7 ?
>>
>>63914728
>girl who never used a lightsaber before

is this really going to be /tv/'s top meme about this movie going forward?
>>
>>63915478
yeah the first half is very visually pleasing
>>
>>63915397
Bait adjusted for this thread
>>
>>63915205
>the plot is fine.
Wjat was Dooku's role in the film again?
>the battles are great
That must be some kind of sick joke. Putting 100 shiny things on the screen at the same time is not "great". If you don't think that TFA's battles are 100x better you're literally being a contrarian faggot.
>political plot with Palpatine
Palpatine does fucking nothing in Clones.

Not to mention awful dialogue, horrendous romance scenes, poor CGI even for the time, stiff acting by everyone not named McGregor, the weird oveecomplicated clones subplot, etc.

TFA at least had
>decent villain
>servicable acting by all of the leads
>sense of humor
>likable characters
>simple plot
>nostalgic callbacks that aren't in your face
>great practical effects
>dialogue that made it past the first script
>plenty of good action scenes
>good lightsaber fights
>fun sode characters
>isn't fucking boring
>no shoehorned romance
>chemistry between actors
If you want me to keep going I can. Hate TFA all you want, AotC is a genuinely bad movie in every sense of the word.
>>
File: 1450455060891.jpg (79 KB, 613x402) Image search: [Google]
1450455060891.jpg
79 KB, 613x402
>>63915948
>>decent villain
Kylo was fucking fantastic.
I'm convinced anyone who complains about him being "whiny" or "edgy" is a mongoloid.
>>
>>63914163
Oh look another thread trying to push the agenda
>>
>>63915948
>>nostalgic callbacks that aren't in your face
Death star 3 was pretty in my fucking face, and was the central plot point of the second half of the movie.
>>
>>63916183

This. I'm so pleased we got a Vader fanboy rather than a Vader copy. He's as raw and inexperienced as the heroes are and will also have lots of development over the next two movies. It's really refreshing, and this is coming from someone who had doubts about Driver's casting.
>>
>>63915948
Dooku was Sheevs patsy to throw the Jedi off

Gotta go fast fighters and ANOTHER trench run are not better than the clones fighting and the bounty hunter chase. At least one movie was original.

He has parts here and there.

Only the romance was bad, and mostly due to Hayden not being able to act his way out of a paper bag.

Kylo is a trash tier fanfic villain

Acting was indeed ok. The material they had to work with was garbage and usually nonsensical throughout so it doesnt matter however

Whos likable? 10 mins of Poe? Traitor Finn? Mary sue Rey? I'll give you Han and Chewy, and even they had awful scenes to work with (intro, bowcaster x2)

The plot wasnt simple, it was full fucking retard and had they bothered to pause and explain literally anything it would have crumbled to the ground. It was instead just one long action scene of a movie, none of which were even that great.

> nostalgia callbacks arent in your face
You wat?

It had terrible lightsaber fights. Only the new lighting technique was decent about it.

It was by far the worst SW movie to date, and was much more akin to transformers or faat and the furious than anything resembling a space opera.

>>63916183
He killed Han in cold blood which ruined tge whole emo conflicted thing they wanted to portray. Vader was evil for decades and even he couldnt kill his own kin. Add in the terrible mask voice and he's completely irredeemable. You have to be under 18 to like that sort of drivel.
>>
>>63916276
Driver was perfect. The shit he did during the fight because he got shot (the punching himself in the stomach/side) came out surprisingly flawless.
>>
>>63916262
It wasn't in your face. Yes it was just the death star, which is underwhelming to say the least, but they barely even compare it to the Death Star 1 other than a throwaway line. Its not like "Hey guys remember your favorite bounty hunter BOBA FETT?"" The only "in your face" callback is the chessboard, and thats on-screen for half a second. I loved how Ackbar was on-screen and no one stopped and mentioned him, no "Its a Trap!" Thing, he's just there, says his line, and the movie continues. And it makes sense for him to be there too.
>central plot point in the second half of the movie.
Its literally the third most important plot point of the second half of the movie, you'ree kidding yourself if you believe otherwise.
>>
>>63914163
I just saw this and holy shit, the mary sue character destroys it all for me

>hurr durr I've spent my whole life scavenging for a meal a day
>oh lol circumstances put me up against a trained jedi who's used the force since forever but I still beat him lololol feminism xD

fuck this shit series
>>
>>63914163

About on par. TFA took a while to get going but it did feel like a proper Star Wars sequel.
>>
>>63916366
>The only "in your face" callback is the chessboard, and thats on-screen for half a second
Also the trash compactor but that was funny and worthwhile
>>
File: Riot_Stormie.jpg (72 KB, 1020x576) Image search: [Google]
Riot_Stormie.jpg
72 KB, 1020x576
Can we agree that this was the best character?
>>
>>63916334
Im convinced this is b8 but Ill respond. Name one action scene in Clones that matches up with the scene where the First Order and the Resistance attack the same castle place. Just one.

>terrible saber fights
So you'll take Dooku vs. Anakin/Obi-Wan/Yoda over Ren vs. Finn/Rey? Yes its stupid that Fonn lasted more than a second and Rey got plot help. And the fight is still much more entertaining,emotional, and better choreographed than the one in Clones.
>>
>>63916183
>>63916276
>>63916353
THANK YOU. finally someone who gets it
>>
>Odin tier
IV
V

>Great tier
VI
VII

>Bretty gud tier
III

>Kek tier
I
II
>>
>>63914163
No, but we can agree it's better than the PT.
>>
>>63914675
>Starkiller was kinda lame

To be fair, out of all the Starkillers in the history of star wars writing, this is the best one
>>
>>63916455
TRAITOR
>>
>>63914728
Rey was profecient with melee weapons and Kylo was badly injured and off his game.
>>
>>63916528

V>VI>IV=VII>III>I>II
>>
>>63916455
I like to imagine that he called Finn traitor not because he betrayed the empire, but because he trained Finn in hand to hand combat and Finn betrayed him personally
>>
>>63916481
Clones had yoda. Sorry. And the bounty hunter scene was better than leveling the cantina theyd been at all of 10 minutes. How fucking fast is lightspeed in the jj verse?

>>63916455
This is the single character in the entire film that made sense. Finn turning trooper killer didnt. Rey having full force powers didnt. Hux was a whiny bitch for the leader of a gigantic base. Kylo ive covered. Han would have never left Leia. Luke would have never left a map. Its all so fucking dumb. But trooper bro bieng royally pissed Finn went on a stormtrooper murder spree and kicking finns ass? That makes sense.
>>
>>63916519
I'm with you too. We finally get a villain on his way to pure evil and we get to see the transformation and story. The throw away villains in I, I I and I I I were just lame. General grevious and Obi-Wan were the only characters I ever gave a fuck about in that whole trilogy.
>>
>>63916591
IV is absolutely not equal to VII, because VII distinctly lacks quiet moments in its awful pacing.
>>
>>63916623
There are quiet moments in Maz's catle
>>
>>63916455
yep... by thee-fault
>>
TFA - eat this shit and take me my money!
Disnay.
>>
>>63916623
It had quiet moments when they meet Han and when they meet Maz.
>>
>>63916643
And at the Rebel base. Basically the whole second act except for the attack on Maz's castle.
tfw you realize Maz is so old a civilization built a temple in her honor and she just turned it into a bar
>>
>>63914163

I'm not so sure, sure the Ewoks were dumb but I enjoyed everything else about Jedi. I wouldn't even compare them to be honest. I liked the OT and I think I'm going to like this new trilogy. The power of nostalgia is too great for me to confidently say TFA is better than any movie of the OT.
>>
>>63916643
Nope.
There is an overlying tension throughout the scene, as the resistance and first order are immediately on their way, so the audience is acutely aware that shit is about to happen, preventing anyone from having a chance to just take everything in. As Rey also approaches the lightsaber, some idiot (probably JJ) decided to use horror movie type music to fucking increase tension in the scene, and then have PTSD loud visually crazy flashbacks when she touches the saber in what could have been an otherwise incredibly beautiful and OT style moment.

>>63916675
Nope. And when they first meet Han there's the whole rush to stop the poison, then rush to cause the poisonous gas, then the gang showdown, then the monster escape. Again, poor directing in what could have been a nice quiet moment increased tension and action to "keep the movie going" when it had no reason to.

Think about Luke staring at the twin stars. There's no rush to be anywhere. If you erase that moment nothing about the plot changes, but that's why it's beautiful, it gives the audience a moment to cool down.
Obi Wan's hut? Same thing. There's no rush at all through the entire scene, no tension, just a nice quiet moment.
On the falcon as they're going towards Alderaan? Again, same thing.

That's what this movie lacks after the first act. Tense free moments of quiet.
>>
>>63916455
TRAITOR
>>
File: daisy.webm (627 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
daisy.webm
627 KB, 720x304
>>63916757
>Think about Luke staring at the twin stars.

Rey had a shot like that. Too bad you were too busy looking for stuff to hate to notice it.
>>
>>63914846
V>VI>IV>III>II>VII>I
>>
>>63916528
that's exactly how I'd rank them desu senpai
>>
>>63916842
Cute! CUTE!
>>
>>63914163
No, fuck off.
>>
>>63916842
>thinking that's anywhere close to the fucking twin star moment
It was cute, and a nice scene, but my god no it doesn't come close. Luke staring at the twin stars is a moment that has gone down as one of the most beautiful in cinematic history. You think the helmet of pottery scene is going to come close to that? Hell no
Again, I said after the first act. Rey's intro is the first act.
>>
>>63914756

This is correct.
>>
I would say it was equal.

5>4>7=6>3>1>2
>>
>>63914756
>III>VII
Oh boy, Plinkett's gonna rip you a new asshole son
>>
>>63916528

well done, anon
>>
>>63916842
Rey sitting in front of the buried star destroyer's engine and at the cowtipped ATAT's foot were 2 of my favorite moments in the movie. There's nowhere else in the film series that shows you how big the shit in star wars is.
>>
>>63916947
Hey, I didn't say it was as iconic as the binary sunset. It did serve the same function and it's a quiet moment. As for quiet moments after the first act we have meeting Han, meeting Maz, the reunion between Leia and Han, and the scene with Kylo and Han.

And may I remind you that ANH goes full action once they reach the Death Star.
>>
>>63917035
see
>>63916757

And the scene right after they leave the death star and escape the empire is a quiet scene, where Luke grieves the death of his friend.
>>
>>63916842

Oh, I could watch this on loop all day and think about how alone I am...
>>
I wanted more that Pao and Finn Bro-op.
>>
>>63914756

I dont understand this meme that 5 is god, it has more plotholes than 7. What rlm did to the prequels can be done to all of them except ANH
>>
>>63914846
V>IV>VI>III>VII>II>I
>>
>>63917082
So are the scenes with Leia in TFA.
>>
>>63917126
This movie would have been a decent movie if it was just Poe and his merry band of X-wings taking on the first order in covert warfare. Instead the only likable new character gets 10 minutes of screentime. Maybe Rogue One will do it right, but I'm not quite sure any of the actors in thay are as charamatic as Poes is.
>>
Yes.

And I even liked ROTJ.
>>
File: asdv.jpg (186 KB, 513x816) Image search: [Google]
asdv.jpg
186 KB, 513x816
I was pleasantly surprised
>Nigger isn't a Jedi
>Stronk womyn phasma gets her shit pushed in
>X-Wing scenes
>Lightsaber battles that aren't interpretive dance
>>
>>63914728
Ren is an undisciplined bitch who ditched his training because he wanted UNLIMITED POWER without having to work for it,, and Rey is strong as fuck in the force and fairly determined in general. I'd say it's about even.
>>
>>63917198
Short and nearly non existent in comparison to ANH scenes. Also plagued by tension in every case except the end of the movie.
>>
>>63915060
>IV=VII>VI
More like IV>VII=VI. Very close though.
>>
>>63917254
>And I even liked ROTJ.
Almost everyone did. It's just the weakest of the OT.
>>
>>63917344
Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
>>
>>63916183
He's whiny and edgy, which is all part of his character and makes him interesting, but not all that entertaining in a lot of cases. He's like prequels Anakin with better hair and acting, but the same bitchy melodrama.
>>
>>63916455
In another thread somebody posted an action figure of this guy. His name isn't actually TR-8R obviously so I can't actually track it down anywhere. I'd legitimately buy one, this guy is an inspiration and the highlight of the movie.
>>
>>63917462
>with better hair

how wrong can you be
>>
>>63917552
Riot control stormtroopers.
>>
>>63916481
Dooku vs. Anakin/Obi-Wan/Yoda was much better then Ren vs. Finn/Rey.
The fight showed that Anakin, despite being the fucking chosen one, couldn't defeat a sith without training. However Rey, just Mary Sued the shit outa starwars and handed Kylo Ren's ass to him.
>>
>>63918159
>Yoda fighting
Hang yourself.
>>
>>63914881

empire is perfect because of Hoth. it put the "war" into star wars
>>
File: Anakinredeemed.png (2 MB, 1918x816) Image search: [Google]
Anakinredeemed.png
2 MB, 1918x816
>>63917567
Why the fuck did they pick such a pretty boy to play Anakin?
>>
>>63919495
Anybody have the shoop from around when the special editions came out, that had Hayden's face beneath Vader's mask in ROTJ?
>>
>>63916183
He is an edgelord, but I like that about him. It's like it they turned a teenage sith fanboy into an actual Star Wars character. It's an interesting approach and I'm curious to see where they'll take it.
>>
>>63916455
This is my favorite meme.
>>
>>63919495
>tell your sister to stockpile on vitamin d suplemets
>>
>>63914163
>now that the dust has settled
I fucking hate this, the movie has been out for a fucking week and there is a new thread about it every 10 minutes.
Just fuck off, no one cares about your shitty opinion that you and 30% of the board agrees with. Fucking ask your question in another thread, god.
>>
>>63914163
The Battle of Endor and Luke's confrontation with Vader and the Emperor still kicks the shit out of anything in The Force Awakens.
>>
>>63922323
Sheevposting has gone too far
>>
>>63922323
The "III is actually good, guys" meme has gone too far.
>>
>>63914163
TFA is worse than AoTC let alone TPM of RoTJ
>>
The entire third act of VI is one of the greatest parts in Star Wars history, Yoda's death and destroying Jabba's palace, even if you hate ewoks the movie is pretty much the best conclusion to all the characters.
And TFA absolutely shits on them, i dont know whose idea was to take everything back to square one or make Luke disappear but im glad JJ and Kasdan arent writing anymore.
>>
>>63915060
perfection right here
>>
>>63915060
please get cancer and lose your children in a traffic accident.
>>
>>63916614
>Clones had yoda

yeah a CGI ragdoll of Yoda dancing to George's demands.
>>
>>63915060
agreed,
>>
>>63922848
Still better than emo faggot with a broadsword special snowflake lightsaber getting his ass kicked.
>>
File: Rey.jpg (221 KB, 640x958) Image search: [Google]
Rey.jpg
221 KB, 640x958
>>63914163
It was better than A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. Basically its the best Star Wars yet.

Yes I'm serious.
>>
>>63916621
exactly
i always thought the previous parts were lacking some transformation of a sick villain (anakin aside). kylo ren really is an authentic villain
>>
>>63923201
>>
>>63923257
Is this canon?
>>
>>63922949

>special snowflake lightsaber
it was shoddily made because he sucks as a jedi. notice how it made waves but the others in the movie didn't?
>getting his ass kicked
he was mortally wounded trying to fend off two frsh fighters at once
>emo faggot
yeah all emo bitchcakes live to eventually kill our true fathers too
>>
File: ctf.png (276 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ctf.png
276 KB, 1280x720
>>63914756
VII>V>IV>VI>III>shit>II>dysentery>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I
>>
>>63923321
>Still responding to b8
>>
>>63922949

>special snowflake lightsaber

all jedi make their own lightsabers as a rite of passage. he just made a bootleg shitty version with extra parts to make it look more awesome.

Vader fanboy is best villain
>>
>>63914846
V>IV>VI=III>VII>I>II
>>
>>63923338
kill yourself millennial

TFA is shit. Even reddit knows let alone 4chan.

You can try to delude yourself, but not others with your wishful lies.
>>
no, it was worse than PM
>>
>>63914163
No we can all agree it's worse than PM though
>>
>>63923338
>shit is better than dysentery

explain yourself
>>
>>63923321
Firsr two points aside because the story is just shit and allows it, killing his non agressive father is a perfectly emo fucking thing to do. Not even Vader was that evil. Man I can't wait til you kids outgrow this shitty movie in a few years.
>>
>>63923460
>killing his non agressive father is a perfectly emo fucking thing to do

thinking about it? Yes

actually following through with it? No.
>>
>>63914163

Original Trilogy > Revenge of the Sith > The Force Awakens > The rest of the prequels
>>
>>63923460

>not even Vader was that evil

WOW IT'S LIKE THAT WAS THE POINT OR SOMETHING AND WAS SOMETHING HE DID OUT OF HASTE TO BECOME MORE ONE WITH THE DARK SIDE.

Also Vader could have killed Luke anytime he wanted to but didn't because he was still conflicted about killing his kin and the emperor wanted him alive.
>>
>>63923694
>Revenge of the Sith > The Force Awakens

spotted the underage
>>
>>63923658
Nah. Actually doing it is pretty emo.

>>63923745
Vader absolutely could have, but didn't because he was kin. Yet here we have this faggot being all "oh woe is me I'm so torn on my path" all movie long, just to be a needless dick at the end. It kinda goes against the entire rest of his character and makes sitting through all his awful acting completely pointless.
>>
>>63914799
There should be a trope for this type of diversity character implementation in movies.

She WAS too good at stuff. Answer this, at one point in the movie did she have to rely on any of the characters?
>>
>>63923786
sup reddit
>>
>>63914163

Yes, this is the truth. All of you prequel apologists are BTFO.

V>IV>VII>VI>Bigass power gap>Any prequel, they're all terrible.
>>
>>63923905
>"oh woe is me I'm so torn on my path"

how was Vader any different again?
>>
>>63923950

>SHE'S A NATURAL!

also something something she was trained before amnesia something something
>>
>>63923984
I didn't see Vader start whacking away his saber like something my younger brother would do before he outgrew by like 12. Kylo is suppose to be 30 for fucks sake.
>>
>>63923905

Kylo killed his dad in cold blood

Anakin couldn't even kill his own son even when his superiors demanded him to.
>>
>>63923905
>awful acting

You have shit taste kid.
>>
>>63924043
>I didn't see Vader start whacking away his saber like something my younger brother would do before he outgrew by like 12

like Luke did in Return?
>>
>>63914163
Yep was miles ahead of RotJ. And any criticisms about some of the plot points can be explained by PAYING ATTENTION to the flick.

>Rey beating Kylo Ren
Kylo Ren appears to have shitty haphazard training. Rey growing up on a dangerous scrap planet using a staff as a weapon, it's not a far cry to assume she can adapt to using a lightsaber easily especially against someone like Kylo Ren.

>Finn using lightsaber
He fought that one Stormtrooper that had a melee weapon, so it can be assumed Finn had that same training to use melee weaponry. But a lightsaber is a different beast of course, so while he held his own to a degree. As we saw Kylo Ren kicked his ass.

>ANOTHER DEATH STAR?!
I took it as young kids thinking "Man that was a cool idea The Empire had...but they fucked it up ...maybe if we have not only a steel door blocking the exhaust. along with a planetary shield AND make it to where there are these like numerous panels you have to take out there is no way they can destroy it!"
>>
>>63924169
or Anakin in Clones?
>>
>>63914163
>63914163
can someone tell me where are the rebel fleets or the imperial fleet???

wtf is going on
>>
>>63924154
Sorry, grown man temper tantrums and the to close to a mic on skype voice effect just did him no favors. Neither did the full minute staring conest with Rey that was more fit for a youtube video than a major motion picture.

>>63924169
Did you see Luke attack any inanimate objects? I sure didnt. He just went rage mode on Vader momentsrily.

>>63924122
And then how does that fit at all eith conflicted storyline they tried hamfistedly to tell?
>>
>>63914756
>3 better than 7

I thought you had to be over 18 to post here
>>
>>63924269
>Neither did the full minute staring conest with Rey

Holy shit this page IS full of children
>>
>>63924402
Mother fucker you cannot with a straight face say there was any redeeming part to that. I almost laughed. Its literally what fans and commercials have been doing as a joke for years... only now its suppose to be serious? No
>>
Was fugging brilliant. Couldn't believe what they did to Han
FUGGGGGGG
>mfw the villain reveal
jesus christ what a dweeb
>>
>>63914817
This t b h. Familia. Only ANH comes close.
>>
>>63924191

>shitty haphazard training
>its literally stated that this nigger killed the new jedi luke was training

Before telling others to pay attention, maybe you should do so yourself.
>>
>>63924943
>looked like a bunch of kids

yeah really tough dude killing kids.
>>
>>63924980
also his lightsaber is shit, so it looks like he didn't even get to that in his training with luke.
>>
>>63916994
>giving a shit about that a fat basement dweller's autism
>>
>>63924980
Luke had to have been on premise. Why would he leave a bunch of kids alone?
>>
>>63925064
won't know till next movie I guess, I am to assume he wasn't there. I would think Luke would be able to beat Kylo.
>>
The OT aged terribly.
>>
>>63925123
It can be real cheesy at times, but it's far from horrible.
>>
File: 4ReqKsK.jpg (57 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
4ReqKsK.jpg
57 KB, 919x720
>>63914756
>>63914846
>>63916883
>>63917148

>putting III above ANYTHING except I and II

Jesus christ, neo /tv/ has some garbage fucking taste
>>
>>63925201
III > VII
>>
>>63925198

It's not horrible, and I'm not faulting it for its age, but it's honestly not that entertaining without nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>63924943
I thought the movie was saying Kylo Ren WAS the Jedi Luke was training, before he turned to the dark side and fucked everything up
>>
>>63925201
3 was pretty good, arguably on par with the OT. Much better than 7
>>
>>63914163
fuck off, its better than eps 1 and 2 at best
>>
>>63925201
V > VI = III > IV > VII > I > II

>>63925344
Yep.
>>
File: TO5Wn7N.gif (72 KB, 129x150) Image search: [Google]
TO5Wn7N.gif
72 KB, 129x150
>>63925284
>muh female lead
>muh black character
>'N-n-not MY Star Wars!'
>>
>>63914163

V > IV > VII = VI > (power gap) > III > I > II

People have really fond memories of return of the jedi but the movie is a mess. Han Solo wasn't even supposed to be in it so the whole story has to take a 40 minute detour to Jabba's to go pick him up and then because he had no story obligations in the script Han just stands around in front of the shield generator for the last half of the movie. He was a completely useless character. Richard Marquand was a pretty terrible director and RotJ had more shots called by Lucas than by him and it shows. The confrontation between Luke, Vader, and the Emperor is fantastic, but you can't justify one sequence holding up an entire 2 hour movie.

>the prequels

If you haven't read "How Star Wars Conquered the Universe" and you want to weigh in on how good you think they are you should consider reading it, it's eye-opening as to how much bullshit was going on at Lucasfilm and made its way into those movies.
>>
>>63914728
You never used a lightsaber before, so you wouldn't know.
>>
>>63925423
Neither of those factor into why 7 is ass
>>
File: 1391136762037.jpg (74 KB, 370x353) Image search: [Google]
1391136762037.jpg
74 KB, 370x353
>>63925423
Who are you quoting?

>>63925444
>VII = VI
>>
>>63925444
V > VI = III > IV > VII > I > II
>>
>>63925469

VI and VII are both pretty flawed movies, but for different reasons. Neither are terribly good.
>>
>>63925341
In that vision sequence you see a bunch of dead kids on the ground. They also said he was training new Jedi, meaning more then one. I took his lightsaber being shit being that they never got to that in training. Luke was probably training Kylo and others like Yoda did, a focus on The Force. I assume Kylo got his lightsaber training in with The Knights of Ren and chances are they have no idea what the fuck they are doing. Probably a bunch of other angry kids under the guidance of Snoke. Rey used a staff on Jakku, a melee weapon she seemed proficient at. So I can see how she would beat Kylo.
>>
>>63914163
IV
V
VI
III
II
I
VII
>>
>>63914221
>TFA
>great

commit sudoku
>>
>>63925522

That's fine, I just can't square all of the story and character issues that III has and those bog it down quite a bit for me but it's a far cry better than I and II.
>>
>>63925284

This

5>4>6>3>2>1
>>
>>63914728
Maby lightsabers are easy to use? Maby she had previous jedi training from luke before her mindwipe? Maby she had nothing better to do than practice self defense for the 10 years she was stuck alone on a desert planet with nothing but her skills between her and death, rape, or slavery?
>>
>>63914163
No, fuck the Muh ewoks crowd

Jedi is underrated at in the Star Wars series, and TFA is debatably on par with SITH
>>
>>63925524
>Neither are terribly good.
Except RoTJ is good and like the rest of the Original Trilogy and Prequel Trilogy, it doesn't ape on past movies in the franchise to stand on its own. There's nothing to TFA that makes it stand out, it apes ANH, TESB, and RoTJ completely.

No one gives a shit about the Starkiller planet/superweapon. The pacing is awful and I mean that honesty: there is no build up to it, no menancing intimidation in the story or exposition to give a shit about it. It just happens after General Ron Weasley/Hux gives his Nazi speech and blows up a bunch of planets we have no emotional attachment or investment to unlike Leia with her home world when Tarkin did it.

The entire fucking sequence as well with the space tentacle man-eating monsters was pointless filler and I can go on. It was a decent movie but its not some return to the magic of the original films and there's really nothing memorable or iconic in it that lets it stand on its own.
>>
>>63914846
IV>V>VII>VI>III>I>II>Clone Wars movie
>>
>>63915948
>Wjat was Dooku's role in the film again?
If you had watched the clone wars series you would know the story.
>>
File: hot opinions.png (553 KB, 555x644) Image search: [Google]
hot opinions.png
553 KB, 555x644
IV - 8/10
V - 9/10
VI - 7/10
I - 4/10
II - 4/10
III - 5/10
VIII - 8/10
>>
No way in hell TFA is better than Jedi
>inb4 MUH EWOKS
>>
>>63914163
Nothing in VII was as good as Jabba's Palce/Rancor/Sarlacc and that eventually showdown with Luke. Vader and The Emperor.
Added to the fact that the trilogy (as it was before the bullshit expansions) comes to a redemptive conclusion makes this film piss all over a wannabee lets reinvent the wheel, almost TV movie adaptation of VII (and the prequels) (albeit the prequels were original in some areas).
Nah, RotJ is by far the superior movie and its mythology (because its not a pastich like VII is) makes it so.
>>
>>63925738
same except

VII - 6/10
>>
>>63925738
>I the same as II
>III not above >VII
Kill yourself
>>
>>63925763
Name anything great about it OTHER then the only great scene of the film the Emperor's Throne room confrontation.
>>
>>63915357
The only reason Han's death is memorable is because it's the moment where the new films jumped the shark

It was a forced plot point, lacking all substance, included only to evoke an emotional reaction from the audience so they could delude themselves into thinking the movie was "powerful"
>>
>>63914163
Yeah. It was a solid 9/10
>>
>>63925708
How can you put 7 so high when Finns whole arc in the movie is like a worse Tomb Raider 2013. He starts off not wanting to kill and shaken by having his squadie die in front of him, then not 10 minutes later he's running off with the dude who killed him slaying the only people hes ever known. It absolutely awful.
>>
File: ack.jpg (24 KB, 301x328) Image search: [Google]
ack.jpg
24 KB, 301x328
IV > V > VII = VI > I > III = II
>>
>>63925660

>Except RoTJ is good

RotJ is easily the weakest of the original films and has some pretty severe issues. Lucas couldn't get the script to work with all of the open plot points that Kershner left so he had to sloppily wrap them all up in the first half of the movie, Han is thawed out immediately, Yoda is killed off, etc... The whole reason the Empire has a second death star is because Lucas didn't want to spend the money to build the Imperial homeworld like originally intended (not coruscant, Zhan created that in the 90's) and couldn't come up with anything clever so he put in a second death star against the urging of Kurtz and Kasdan. The list goes on. It a very flawed movie that has an intense amount of nostalgia propping it up due to the few scenes that it does amazingly well. But you can't pass a movie on a few scenes holding up the rest of it that doesn't work.

VII is obviously a soft-reboot and while I wish they would have just done a straight sequel I understand why they went with this approach. RotJ was 30 years ago, moron mainstream audiences wouldn't allow a straight sequel because they're too stupid to follow along.
>>
>>63925820
The sheer amount of world a species building with jabbas palace

The sailbarge assault

Any scene with luke

Luke vs the Rancor

The sad fat guy crying over the rancor

Space battle of endor

Every father and son moment with luke and vader

Every scene with sheev

Literally the ewoks did nothing wrong
>>
>Empire Strikes Back
>Force Awakens
>New Hope
>Return of The Jedi
I don't talk about those other ones.
>>
>>63925818
>>I the same as II
I has Jar Jar and kid Anakin, II has bullshit romance.
They're both bad
>>III not above >VII
Why the fuck would I put it that high?
I love McDiarmid, but he couldn't save that shit show.
>>
>>63916676
She said she was over 1000, that she had seen the rise and fall of the old Republic. It was interesting to find out that the sw universe had such old characters. Makes you wonder how old snoke is or if luke found some eldergod light user on that planet.
>>
>>63925976
>Memorable things means its good
>A fat autistic man crying over a dead beast means the film is great
>>
>>63924169
>luke is a villain

How stupid are you?
>>
>>63925945
>What I don't like about it makes RoTJ the weakest of the Original Trilogy
Fuck off retard. The second Death Star was hinted at in TESB, Han getting unfrozen from carbonite was the plot driving to have Leia in fetters while being Jabba's sex toy, and so on was perfect. Everything about the Tatooine/Jabba arc in RoTJ was perfection, you aspie.

>>63925994
Because you are a piss-ant with sub-human taste. VII has nothing going for it except visual effects and TR-88 kun.
>>
Can someone explain to me why people keep rating III so damn high? It has every single issue that the previous films had in terms of pacing, cinematography, flawed special effects, shitty characters, terrible dialogue, and tonal dissonance where it tries to blend slapstick cartoon humor with serious tension and drama. But it does all of that while rushing at light speed through Anakin's turn from good guy to child-slaughtering sith lord because there's too much shit to wrap up in a single movie. It then ends by smashing all of the characters into their Episode IV starting positions despite the fact that there is still 18 or so years until the start of that movie.

I don't get it.
>>
>>63926080
Because you lack knowledge of the Sheev
>>
>>63926080
It's /tv/ there is not logic here.
>>
Because they want to look special.
And memes.
>>
>>63914163
no faggot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXOWRnrBAXU
>>
>>63926038
>Implying I ever said memorable equals good

They're memorable because they are good
>>
>>63926080
I don't understand it either.
>>
>>63926143
I said name GREAT scenes other then the only good one. You named off a bunch of other shit that's just alright. Search your feelings...you know Return of The Jedi is mediocre.
>>
>>63926080

Sheev, basically. And not the character as depicted in the movies. The character as understood by hundreds of thousands of meme autists.
>>
Can someone explain to me why people keep rating VII so damn high? It has every single issue that the previous films had in terms of pacing, cinematography, flawed special effects, shitty characters, terrible dialogue, and tonal dissonance where it tries to blend slapstick cartoon humor with serious tension and drama. But it does all that while rushing at light speed through Rey's turn from average nobody to super-Jedi-beating-trained-dark-sider Force User because there's too much shit to explain in a single movie. It then ends by smashing all of the characters into their irrelevant finishing points despite the fact there is still nothing explained by the end of the movie.

I don't get it.
>>
>>63926184
It isn't mediocre like VII it's great.

Minus the throne room, the sailbarge assault, rancor fight, the space battle, luke and vader leading up to the throne room and their final goodbye afterwards, and the fire funeral were all great
>>
>>63923439
Nigga, I rewatched the entire original trilogy to prepare for TFA, in its original Theatrical Cut mind you, and I can say with certainty that this is the best Star Wars yet.
Take off your fucking nostalgia goggles and shove them up your ass because J.J. Abrams made a movie that blows Episodes IV and V out of the water.
>>
>>63914163
No, that garbage was prequel tier.
>>
>>63914728
This does seem like the hot topic. As others have said, I do feel like Kylo was in a position to get defeated. He had just killed his father, is constantly at odds with himself in being pulled towards the dark and the light, had been shot by Chewie, and worn down a bit by Finn.

But one thing I don't think anyone considers is that the lightsaber Rey uses is one that Luke an his father both used at one point. The force, from what it seems, moves through that lightsaber just as much as it moves through anything/one else. Lightsabers are powerful by themselves, let alone when used by powerful force users. And Kylo was using his shitty homemade saber that wasn't nearly as well crafted as Anakin's. Food for thought.
>>
>>63923454
Shit is just plain shit. Dysentery is vile, bloody, bacteria infected shit. Shit is the lesser of two evils. Understand?
>>
Putting TFA and any prequel over Jedi is honestly on the same level of ridiculousness as putting crystal skull over temple of doom
>>
>>63916556
>Vanilla is better than shit
It's not particularly hard to make something better than the original Starkiller.
>>
>>63915456
Being this triggered
>>
>>63926341
Crystal Skull was better than 7 though. At least Indy is suppose to be campy action the whole way through. Star Wars is not.
>>
>>63926320

People here are so used to Jedi / Sith "powerlevels" and medichlorians and fighting techniques that they can't grok that other things could possibly play into a fight like that, such as someone having been shot, or previous fighting experience shown earlier on in the same movie etc...

It's all "He's obviously a mid-high tier sith user who has maxed out his force push and mind-reading spells and has achieved sith level 7 where he built his own lightsaber so obviously he should be able to defeat a level 3 scavenger with staff-mastery and tits."
>>
>>63914221

Holy shit, end yourself.
>>
File: pG36FRf.jpg (103 KB, 600x598) Image search: [Google]
pG36FRf.jpg
103 KB, 600x598
>>63916528
OBJECTIVELY CORRECT RANKING, COMING THROUGH
>>
>>63916560
A staff. Not anything special as well, just some rod found in an imperial star destroyer.
>>
>>63916528

Pretty much this, but III still gets too much credit even if Sheev puts in an A++ performance.
>>
File: 1431076585806.png (152 KB, 269x270) Image search: [Google]
1431076585806.png
152 KB, 269x270
>all these butt blasted TFA fucbois
>can't cite a single reasons it's better than PT

Holy shit, I'm so happy to have lived to see the day where the prequels were finally proven to be pretty good movies compared to modern shit.

Amazing.
>>
>>63925818
>III better than anything that wasn't I or II
>>
>>63923201
Funny but I really think the same. The old movies have that special nostalgic bonus but if you just think about if all those movies were new: VII would be the best one. The acting, camera settings, story, etc. all a bit better.

Btw. who else thinks that Rey kind of looks like Anakin from episode 1?
>>
>>63926816
Kylo is a great villain m8. The best Star Wars has ever had.
>>
>>63926975
>kylo
>no sheev

ok underage, back to leddit
>>
>>63926975
>best Star Wars villian

Hello underage
>>
>>63927016
>>63927040
Evil space wizards are gay. Kylo is actually relatable in a way Sheev or Vader never could be.
>>
>>63926966
> 7 has a better story
> than anything

I'm pretty sure Chronicles of Riddick is a better space themed movie than 7. No scratch them, without a doubt it is.
>>
>>63927100
If you relate to Kylo ren you should go back to your linkin park cd and probably notify your classmates
>>
>>63927170
You just don't GET me ok. Kylo would. He's the villain I've always wanted.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.