[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game of Thrones will become less triggering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 15
File: ramses.jpg (248 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
ramses.jpg
248 KB, 900x506
http://www.forbes.com/sites/dongroves/2015/12/18/game-of-thrones-rape-scene-repercussions-play-out-in-new-season/
>Season six of Game of Thrones will reflect the widespread reactions to the last season’s rape scene involving Sansa Stark (Sophie Turner) and Ramsay Bolton (Iwan Rheon)
>The show’s creators Dan Weiss and David Benioff “were responsive to the discussion and there were a couple of things that changed as a result,”
>The show depicts a brutal world where horrible things happen. They did not want to be too overly influenced by that (criticism) but they did absorb and take it in and it did influence them in a way.”
Where were you when the SJW's won?
>>
>>63913911
>Where were you when the SJW's won?

At home shitposting on 4chin
>>
File: two-legged anachronism.jpg (408 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
two-legged anachronism.jpg
408 KB, 1024x576
D&D are SJW sellouts. Since when was this news?
>>
>>63913911
Too late. I'm already triggered since Stannis died. What is the point of even watching anymore?
>>
>>63913911
They won a long time ago. The sooner we accept this, the sooner we can start fighting back effectively.
>>
Fucking D&D. Hope the book is released before season 6.
>>
>>63913964
> He thinks he's fighting a war by angrily typing on the internet

Yes, yes, keep it up. It's because of some mysterious tumblr conspiracy that you're unemployed and alone!
>>
>>63914019
pfft

stop projecting honey
>>
File: grrmfeed.gif (46 KB, 895x549) Image search: [Google]
grrmfeed.gif
46 KB, 895x549
>>63913970
any day now
>>
>>63913911

I mean the season 5 finale was so bad that I'm going into to season 6 with low expectations. This just lowers my standards even further.
>>
They just started making up extra rape scenes for the fuck of it. It's lazy. it's good that they got their shit pushed in over it.
>>
>>63914106
I think ur mom's lazy and has shit pushed into her

how bout that shit cuck
>>
>>63914106
That rape was in the books. It was just with a different character than Sansa. And it was much more brutal too
>>
>>63913911
>>The show depicts a brutal world where horrible things happen. They did not want to be too overly influenced by that (criticism) but they did absorb and take it in and it did influence them in a way.”

what if that means that season 6 they're just going to start shoehorning more rape and murder and women getting slapped and being subservient
>>
>>63913911
>unironically liking game of plebs
>unironically liking game of subreddits
>unironically liking game of sjews

can you get any more pleb tier?
>>
They are completely destroying GRRM's vision.

Fucking hacks.
>>
It's a show made for women.

So they are catering to their audience.

If you don't like capitalism, move to China.
>>
>>63914170
I don't remember hearing Sansa saying 'no' in the show or reading Jeyne saying 'no' in the books.
>>
>>63914311
Well, Theon "raped" Jeyne first.
>>
>>63913911
So they're literally changing the show to make it less offensive to "MUH FEELINGS DON'T TRIGGER ME" leftards?

Well the show's ruined.

Sometimes when people are evil you gotta show them doing evil stuff. That's how you establish villians as evil.

Fucking liberals.
>>
>>63914128
>how bout that shit cuck

Every time someone uses that word, the rest of us can tell that they've an unhealthy fixation with black dick. Sorry.
>>
>>63913911
My god this world is fucking annoying. Don't like the material? Don't fucking watch it. I mean of all the shit to get mad over its a woman letting her husband fuck her. Where was the outrage when the same thing happened to Dany? When theon got his dick cut off? I guess it wasn't a popular show on tumblr at the time. I bet the majority of these fucking bitches whining and getting triggered are 13 and too young to be watching it anyways.
>>
>>63914128
Wait, there's no filter?

smb desu senpai cuck
>>
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 123x147) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 123x147
Why are we still watching this? There is no character to rooting for now.
>>
>>63913911
>Weiss
>Benioff
oy vey
>>
>>63914019
That's literally what sjws do and it works.
>>
>>63914280
>move to China.

The place where you can get a gold toilet and has the world's largest economy with countless fuckloads of rich people?
>>
>rape scene

what rape scene?
theres no rape scene in the bolton / sansa storylines, unless we're counting theon being raped and mutilated via castration.

did I miss a rape scene somewhere?
>>
>>63914170
>It was just with a different character than Sansa.

It was to a girl who lost her frigging nose and is no longer important. The rape in the book was to make Theon sad. It was completely unnecessary. I know they don't know what else to do with Sansa, but giving her the leftover rape scenes is just dumb.

>>63914466
>Well the show's ruined.

Hahaha, sorry that you need so many rapes per hour to enjoy tv. I'm sure they'll find plenty of excuses to put in boobies so you don't need to put up your lube yet. It'll be ok.
>>
>>63914203

If I was a producer that's exactly what I would do. Look at all the attention the show go due to the rape scenes. Dumb SJWs don't realize that their outrage is just free advertising.
>>
>>63913911
I really hate SJW.

Today everything will be the same thing, fade and tasteless, for not hurting the "muh feeling" of everyone.
>>
But was it really rape?
>>
>>63914019
>He thinks he's fighting a war by angrily typing on the internet

that's literally what sjws did
now look at the entertainment industy
>>
Why GGRM still okay people keep butchering his story?
>>
>>63914604
>I really hate SJW.

Good lord you guys cry over the goofiest shit.
>>
>>63914067
>thats no ordinary breeze jen snew, but the winds of winter

Bravo
>>
>>63914581

Sorry that you are the rapist raping shows to make them bow down to your fucking feelings because you don't respect creative freedom of writes to do as they wish.
>>
>>63914621
what rape?
there was no rape
>>
>>63914578

> theon being raped and mutilated via castration

Why isn't this triggering but sansa being raped off screen triggering? I legit cringed at some of the theon torture scenes but everyone else seems to think it's less of a big deal than sansa being raped.

They were apparently originally going to show what's left of theons genitals in the bath tub scene but felt like it would have been too much.
>>
>>63914531
We get to see the Greyjoys getting butchered next season. Get hype.

I'm betting that Euron will be gay.
>>
>>63913959

>stannisfags have finally admitted to themselves that he is dead

wow i thought i would never hear this
>>
>>63913911
It will be another 10 seasons of soap opera with Emilia Clarke getting fatter.
>>
>>63914485
great shit m8

I just love to find out new shit about myself from random internet spergs

by the way, don't delude yourself. nobody here shares your beta faggot view besides a couple other nerds who probably don't even have enough balls to post

but by all means, sperg out some more faggalo
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 351x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 351x240
>white guy gets his cock cut off, is forced to sleep in a dog cage
>COOL SHOW

>girl is fucked doggy style off screen against her will
>SOMEBODY CHANGE THIS HORRIBLE SHIT
>>
>>63914666
>writes to do as they wish.

Writers? The Author didn't have the character (A) getting raped in (B), the show did that cause they didn't know what else to do with Sansa. Good lord. People are complaining about a completely shoe horned in rape scene that didn't happen to that character in the books and you guys are crying big fat tears cause you think there might be less rape next season.

You're being completely ridiculous.
>>
>>63914676
> sansa being raped
sansa wasn't raped
>>
>>63914676
Because white men are not people, so it's okay to depict them murdered en masse and horifically tortured. Everybody knows that.
>>
>>63913911
Does anyone else completely lose interest in a show when they start ignoring the source material, ESPECIALLY when the author or whoever is okay with it?
It just kills it for me, I don't know why.
>>
>>63914794
The last two seasons have been shit regardless, so I can't blame you.
>>
>>63914754
>can't rape anyone IRL
>can't even escape by watching tv shows because there's not enough rape in them

You're the ridiculous one sweetie. I need my rape.
>>
Best case scenario is that the "reflection" is in Sansa's character changing
Worst case scenario is that there won't be a rape scene
Not much to get rustled over lads
>>
>>63914742
>against her will
>after she affirmatively consents, in a marriage she arranged with the full knowledge she was using her body in furtherance of a political scheme, with sample opportunities to back out, with nobody forcing her or coercing her

if a prostitute accepts $50 to suck a mans dick even if she didn't 'want' to, does that make it rape?

why is it rape when sansa intentionally marries ramsay as part of a plan to betray him and seize the north, knowing it means sleeping with him, to which she says "yes"?
>>
>>63914794
>I don't know why.
A) it's deviating from the story great enough to earn an adaption into another medium
B) the creator is a spineless fraud okay with distorting his story for poor reasons
>>
>>63913911
Soo.... we won't be seeing Sansa titties or...?
>>
Sansa died after jumping off a 30ft wall with Theon.
>>
File: Fast and Furious 3 Angry.webm (3 MB, 1302x816) Image search: [Google]
Fast and Furious 3 Angry.webm
3 MB, 1302x816
>>63913911
why the fuck don't they follow the book? making up things that didn't happen in the book just makes the show less meaningful.
>>
>>63914835
So let's remake "The Accused" to remove the rape scene so it doesn't trigger anyone, ok cupcake?
>>
I'm just surprised it took so long. The more mainstream appeal you have, the more bland and inoffensive you get.
>>
>>63913927
Beats beat a slave in the jew's workhouses. Hows yer mortgage bro?
>>
>>63914887

maybe so people that read the books aren't fucking bored the whole time because they know everything, it adds a layer of excitement to people that wouldn't have it otherwise.
>>
>>63914725
>beta faggot view

You guys view every interaction through this lens of worrying about an other guy's penis. Man, seriously, normal people don't think about dick as much as you guys do.
>>
>>63913911
I don't actually care, D&D just use rape like they use random deaths of characters.

Bait for people to tell their friends and advertise for them on social media.

An interesting part of Sansa in the books was that she was still at heart an innocent maiden, and I always wondered if this'll play into her storyline down the road. (And I like the theory about the Starks being the aspects of the 7).

I don't really need some edgy scene where Dany or Ellaria sand gets raped next season. If they want us to feel sorry for characters, and get emotionally invested then they need to work for it and write competent storytelling
>>
>>63914923
No. People who read the book want to see it on-screen. They get butthurt when things are changed for no good reasons.
>>
>>63914531
>we
Easy there, reddit.
>>
>>63914835
>You're the ridiculous one sweetie. I need my rape.

Wow.
>>
>>63914702
>I'm betting that Euron will be gay.

Well he did molest Aeron as a kid
>>
>>63914895
I literally don't know what you're talking about, CUNT.
>>
>>63914936
dany had a rape scene in like episode #1 of the entire fucking series
>>
>>63914976
>I literally don't know what you're talking about, CUNT

I think this rape enthusiast is mad online.
>>
>>63914976
You leftists are sanitizing shit so it doesn't offend you while bullying writers into self-censorship.

Go ahead and dance around it; that's what you're doing.
>>
>>63914931
great projecting faм

>>63914960
Are you triggered, buttercup? Maybe you should cry about it.
>>
>>63914976
Please don't use gender-targeted insults.
>>
>>63914960
Not him, but there is nothing wrong with escapism in entertainment.

A lot of people have fucked up fetishes, doesn't make them bad people. It's what you DO to other people that makes you a bad person.

If a girl has a rape fetish, it doesn't mean she's going to go out and look to be raped irl.

Fantasy and fiction are fantasy and fiction.
>>
>>63914978
I'm talking about next season not the first season.

And Dany's rape was another retarded D&D change that butchered Khal Drogo's character
>>
>>63913911
THAT'S IT HBO IS DONE

DONE!
>>
>>63914994
I'm a rape connoisseur, don't misgender me please.
>>
>>63915047
>GURM writes a fairly PC love story with female fantasy
>D&D turns it into a rapefest

>GURM writes a character who rapes and tortures his wife and makes her fuck dogs and brutalizes her
>D&D add about 20 different scenes showing how she affirmatively consents to doggy style sex

?????????????
>>
>>63915010
>You leftists are sanitizing shit so it doesn't offend you while bullying writers into self-censorship.

Jesus, put down your cross.
>>
>>63915125
>>63915125
Who even gives a shit about GURM anyway. He's a fat beta and an SJW enabler. He's also attracted to negro beasts.
>>
>>63915149
Maybe you should be a little more tolerant, huh?

Oh wait, being tolerant toward white male Christians is fucking taboo. My bad.
>>
>>63915016
>great projecting faм

I'm satisfied just being right, you're the guys worried about having other dudes fuck your old lady. (which is fucking weird man)
>>
File: 1421027604642.jpg (45 KB, 336x346) Image search: [Google]
1421027604642.jpg
45 KB, 336x346
>>63915187
>Oh wait, being tolerant toward white male Christians is fucking taboo. My bad.

kek
>>
>>63915206
sperg out some more kiddo

>>63915219
>m-muh /pol/

le tinfoiler detected :^)
>>
File: 1450204751639.gif (997 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1450204751639.gif
997 KB, 160x160
>>63915219
>>63915149
>literally no argument
>>
>>63915296
Shut up, Chloe.
>>
>>63915045
>Not him, but there is nothing wrong with escapism in entertainment.

There is if you get this mad when they cut down on the rape to just thge stuff that's in the books at least. It's also kind of distressing when you blame a group of scary skeleton enemies so you can get real mad at them when you have less rape to spank it to.

Yes, escapism is fine. Most people escape to GOT and watch tv for an hour. The vast majority have spoken and they're not happy with an extra helping of rape scenes. Sorry pals.

You can curse sjws until the end of time but it's not social justice-y to have a distaste for rape. FFS. And if it is, if you guys have gone so far to the edge that your enemy is "rape is bad", then I'm glad you're losing.
>>
>>63914946

I can honestly say that reading source material often discourages me from watching whatever it's based on. If you read a manga and the anime is the same almost word for word why bother? Same with books and movies (though this isn't common). But I guess that's just me.
>>
>>63914531
Jon is alive 5 minutes into episode 1 or I will paypay you $1000 dollars. Respond with your email.
>>
>>63915370
tl;dr ho

go back on tumblr and sperg out there
>>
>>63915296
Cameron pls go
>>
>>63913911
lel just watched the scene
is that it? not even graphic
>>
>>63915296
>>literally no argument

I can't argue against "the world is ending, they've come for our everything and left us with nothing, a bloo-bloo."

Some things are necessary for an argument. A shared reality is the bare minimum.
>>
Why do people hide from reality? Why don't people take a stand? Things like murder, rape and torture are real, especially in the times GoT represents it was rampant.
>>
File: 192.gif (491 KB, 500x229) Image search: [Google]
192.gif
491 KB, 500x229
The only reason to watch this show anymore is the dwarf and ramsay.

All other interesting characters have been killed off.
>>
>>63915417
is "shared reality" some kind of reddit euphemism for cuckoldry?
>>
>>63915433
>rooting for a little cripple degenerate

tsk-tsk faм
>>
>>63915399
>go back on tumblr and sperg out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_23z9yJAq0

Imagine the little chub dude saying the word SJW every now and then and it's like looking at the first few posts of this thread animated.
>>
I don't understand why of all the brutalities depicted in the show suddenly this rape became unsustainable. We had toddlers brutally murdered in front of their mothers, kids burned alive, crippled, a pregnant woman stabbed in the belly, but suddenly the non graphical depiction of a rape (during a time when these things happened all the time) became "too much". What the hell, I could understand someone who is easily triggered saying that the show is offensive from the beginning, that I could understand, but this?
>>
>>63915473
Yeah but he and ramsay are people that would post here.
>>
>>63915504
>actually expecting me to watch some gay bullshit

laughing_serial_rapists.jpg
>>
File: mccan-306-1396892254.jpg (94 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
mccan-306-1396892254.jpg
94 KB, 306x306
>>63914531
Yeah, once best character stopped appearing it just hasn't been the same.
>>
>>63915532
Yes, but as you can see, mentally ill SJW degenerates also post here. In fact I bet there's a huge number or people who belong in death camps that post here.
>>
>>63913911

Hopefully they've just gone even more extreme as a giant "FUCK YOU!" to the SJWs.
>>
>>63915519
>I don't understand why of all the brutalities depicted in the show suddenly this rape became unsustainable.

I'm sure every character shits at least once a day. I wonder why they don't air that too?
>>
>>63915563
meant for
>>63915530
>>
>>63915504

>god did this to me to teach me a lesson
>god ruins someone else's entire existence to teach you a lesson

Are the souls retarded? Or do they become smart when they leave the body?
>>
>>63915568

I'm sure that they're working on that right now. Then they can retire then on that crazy 4-chan money.
>>
>>63913911
>Burning a child is alright, rape is too far
God bless the USA
>>
are we gonna see arya's boobs now that she's legal? that's the big question
>>
>>63915594
>Are the souls retarded? Or do they become smart when they leave the body?

There's no such thing as a soul. Just brains and that kid got a fucked one.
>>
File: 33_truman_1.jpg (127 KB, 957x1088) Image search: [Google]
33_truman_1.jpg
127 KB, 957x1088
>>63915563
>>63915590
>SJW degenerates also post here

The only SJW board here is /co/.
SJWs are really all on reddit,tumblr and co.
>>
Once they killed off Barristan I said "fuck it" and now just watch it very mild interest.
>>
>>63913911
JUST
>>
>>63915612
Who gives a shit, she's a disgusting little stank goblin
>>
>>63915624
What about /lit/ and /v/? And besides, I'm not saying that it's mostly SJWs here. I'm just saying that there's clearly some.
>>
>>63915600

SJWs are just the vocal minority.
>>
>>63915633
>Who gives a shit, she's a disgusting little stank goblin

pleb opinion
>>
>>63915627
>singlehandedly sprung the king from a fortress and cut down dozens of knights like rambo stapled to machete in the book canon
>can't hold his own against 2 commoner thugs while wielding a sword against KNIVES
>>
>>63915681
not an opinion m8

the fact that she's in the gene pool fills me with dread
>>
>>63915726
Also killed the highest ranking gladiator in the last book in an effortless manner and became the fucking lord with Danerys being here.

But no, let's have some spoiled bitches shank and kill him while the boring Grey Worm that literally nobody gives a shit about stays alive.
>>
>>63915752
m8 of mine fingered her outside a club in Carlow
>>
>>63915779
but m-m-muh romantic subplot with a eunuch
>>
>>63915651
SJWs like to stay with their own. They hate not being able to censor shit they find triggering.
/co/ actually has SJW janitors so they stay there.

/lit/ are just snobs but they aren't SJWs.

There aren't actually any SJWs on /v/ but epic baitmasters. To be fair /v/ is just /b/ 2.0 at this point.
>>
>>63915794
I'm so sorry
>>
Dropped.
>>
>>63915802
I wonder how /co/ could be dealt with.

/pol/'s influence has clearly been growing though, so at least that's reassuring.
>>
>>63914019
>projecting
>>
>>63915842
Yeah /pol/ and its views have been growing mostly because of the shit happening IRL.

Hell I'm European and I'm hearing more and more /pol/ views from complete normalfags.
>>
>>63915842
Imagine actually typing this post out and caring this much about a Cambodian Tiddlywinks forums, get a life brah
>>
File: 1347799615139.png (42 KB, 1585x1527) Image search: [Google]
1347799615139.png
42 KB, 1585x1527
>mfw Feminazis act like Ramsay committingnot-really-rape is worse than his dogs eating a girls face while shes alive
>mfw the whole point of the show is triggering emotion through loss or cruelty and people want to remove it
>>
>>63915571
>he doesn't want to see the liquid shit mum of dragoon scene from the book on screen
>>
>>63914170
He gets the dog involved as I remember.
>>
>>63915946
Yeah, I'm a Yuropoor as well. I actually don't want the Right to win democratically though. I want it to be frustrated until they lose faith in the system and violence breaks out. Otherwise both democracy and the EU would probably survive and I'd hate for that to happen.

>>63915951
I'll care about what I want m8.
>>
Show is a parody of itself at this point anyway
>>
It doesn't say which way it influenced them. It could be that it influenced them to add more and more rape. If they were smart that's what they'd do, it generates more publicity for the show and gets people talking about it
>>
>>63916030
its also actually rape in the books too since jeyne was forced into the marriage against her will with threats, whereas show sansa willingly marries ramsay as part of a scheme
>>
File: edgy.png (233 KB, 525x477) Image search: [Google]
edgy.png
233 KB, 525x477
>>63916053
>I want it to be frustrated until they lose faith in the system and violence breaks out. Otherwise both democracy and the EU would probably survive and I'd hate for that to happen.
>>
Anyone else feel like the show is gonna drop of the face of pop culture with this season?

It's getting worse and worse.
>>
>>63916177
No, last season got the highest viewership and won the most awards.
>>
>>63914648
He gets money and free advertisement for his books, books always outlive their adaptions and/because they can still be read when the tv show is outdated and adapted again.
How many people remember the original Lord Of The Rings movie from the 1970s, not many people, but it certainly helped get the second adaption made.
Or the countless Alice in Wonderland or Tarzan adaptions.
And don't forget claiming something is a closer adaption is a selling point.
>>
>>63916104
please explain why. I know I know nothing about cinematography, I haven't read the books but I find the TV series genuinely enjoyable
>>
>>63916177
It's getting better and better

Imagine this: people have different opinions than you. Next season (from what we know of spoilers and whatnot) will be the biggest and most eventfull. There's a lot of storylines introduced and a lot of characters have cool stuff to do. There's also the WW invasion that's most likely going to happen. This season will kick off the endgame, with the WW becoming the main villains
>>
File: 1434147086247.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1434147086247.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>63913911

The show was too successful for its own good.

In seasons 1 and 2 they were busting their ass to get the public to take fantasy drama seriously. Once they were showered with rewards and attention, they stopped trying.

Everything that happened in Dorne and Mereen was Legend of the Seeker tier.
>>
>>63916282
Others>White Walkers
Cold Hands>Chilly Darth Maul
>>
>>63913911
74% of all women have been raped in some way or another and the rest have been raped too, they just dont know it or are afraid to accept it.

i think rape MUST be showed so as to understand how this shitty world treats women of all ages.
>>
>>63916439
What are you trying to say?

Boring zombies are better than ice demon wizards?

I'll agree Coldhands is better than a character with no dialogue and hardly any screen time, but I don't get what point you're trying to make or why.
>>
File: B8 Guts.jpg (86 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
B8 Guts.jpg
86 KB, 680x989
>>63916504
>>
>>63916507
Other way around
Others aren't the wrinkly come at me bro zombies, they have dignity.
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.