[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lucas sells out and shills for Disney crap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: 07-geroge-lucas.w657.h657.jpg (131 KB, 657x657) Image search: [Google]
07-geroge-lucas.w657.h657.jpg
131 KB, 657x657
http://www.vulture.com/2015/12/george-lucas-delivers-a-verdict-on-force-awakens.html#

>Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy recently said that George Lucas, godfather of the Star Wars franchise, saw The Force Awakens and “liked it.”

>“I think the fans are going to love it,” he said. “It’s very much the kind of movie they’ve been looking for.”
>>
He signed an agreement where he loses all his money if he shit talks any of Disney's new Star Wars media.
>>
>>63913828
>that very subtle dig at the fanbase just wanting the OT all over again

That's not shilling, OP, don't be a faggot.
>>
>>63913828
>>“I think the fans are going to love it,” he said. “It’s very much the kind of movie they’ve been looking for.”
Sarcasm. Still mad that the prequels were not as acclaimed as he expected it to be. I mean, TFA is a rehash, he laughing at how pathetic is JJ.
>>
>>63913828
>“It’s very much the kind of movie they’ve been looking for.”
You hear that? This is the kind of shit you "fans" wanted.
>>
>>63913828

>liked not loved

>"are you not entertained, fan fucking shits?"
>>
He sounds kind of bitter desu.

I wish I knew where he lived, because I'd write him a letter thanking him for the prequels, and of course the OT. I'd just like to tell him how much I enjoyed his films, yes including the prequels, I enjoy the heck out of them unironically.

BABY COME BACK
>>
>>63913828
He looks so sad...
>>
File: 1419410949992.jpg (184 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1419410949992.jpg
184 KB, 500x370
>>63913828
>>63913948
This, he's literally throwing shit in your face. Based George does it again.
>>
>>63913865
BINGO
>>
>>63913993
>wanting to write George a letter
I had the exact same thought.
>>
>>63913993
Same. The prequels weren't perfect but damn were they entertaining as fuck.

I also liked TFA.
>>
He's saying that the babbies got the exact same movie he put out 39 years ago and they cant handle change so they'll be happy that JJ has no creativity
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104 KB, 1440x1440
>le prequels are suddenly good meme
>>
>>63914121
They may not have been great movies, but they expanded on the Star Wars universe in a meaningful way and opened the doors for potential new media (such as video games) to be made. TFA is just a popcorn flick that will be forgotten in a couple of months. Who talks about last year's big capeshit movie anymore? Who talks about Jew Jew's Star Trek reboot? Fucking no one, because those movies were not memorable in any way.

For better or worse, at least people still remember The Phantom Menace.
>>
>>63914243
Watto is LITERALLY a better character thananyone in TFA.
His cgi is also better than orange Yoda's.
>>
Or he just genuinely liked it.
>>
>>63913828
requesting we get the lucas in the background of interview gif up in here please?
>>
>>63913828
That's pretty funny, he recognizes that fans just want the original trilogy again.
>>
>>63914331
or you can have a basic understanding of human psychology.
>>
>>63914331
>jewish devil's advocate
nah I ain't gonna do it
>>
>>63914121
I find that more people here are saying that the Prequels are more entertaining than Star Wars: The Abrams Awakens. No one is really defending the overall quality of the films, just that they had more originality, better worldbuilding, and had heart. Many people here have just found the Prequels more entertaining than the TFA not that they're necessarily better, fwiw, and ultimately, that is basically what determines how good a film is IMO.
>>
File: 1449715618259.jpg (387 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449715618259.jpg
387 KB, 1920x1080
>>63913828

>“I think the fans are going to love it,” he said. “It’s very much the kind of movie they’ve been looking for.”

anyone have that pic where he mentions how Disney kept rejecting his ideas to make "something the fans wanted"
>>
>>63914121
Nobody said that you angsty reddit faggot
>>
>>63913993

Yeah, I can accept the problems of the prequels' narrative structure, but they still brought me joy in both how good and stupid they could be. And at least Lucas didn't rip off his own movie as much as Abrams apparently ripped off his
>>
>>63913828
BASED GEORGE

He's calling out the retarded fanbase.
>>
I loved it so I'm good :^)
>>
>>63914498
this
>>
>>63914121
Nice straw man.

People are comparing the concepts and ambitions of the prequels to TFA.
>>
the only thing george did wrong was the special editions, but maybe if his fans weren't so ungracious he would've released the unaltered ot.
>>
Is he shitting on the fans?
>>
>>63914600
I think he was only so stubborn about the SE's in response to the manchildren who hated the PT.
>>
Will Georgeposting be a thing from now on?
>>
>>63914791
>____posting
back2reddit
>>
>>63914331

George was actually kind of complaining about how Disney rejected his ideas to pander to the fanbase not too long ago.

Obviously he's not gonna say it's bad, and probably doesn't think it was "bad" but that feels like he's cleverly digging at the fact that it's more pandering than his own ideas.
>>
>'The [ideas] that I sold to Disney, they came up to the decision that they didn't really want to do those,'

>'So they made up their own. So it's not the ones that I originally wrote.'

In terms of broad strokes, Lucas is a fantastic ideas man and always has been.

Disney effectively went, "thanks but no thanks, George. We're just going to repackage A New Hope with a few tweaks and the audience will eat it up".
>>
>JJ took out all the garbage slapstick family bullshit.
>JJ took out all the funny looking comedic try hard characters
>JJ actually got good actors
>JJ didn't take the easy road and chock it full of the original actors for fan service

The truth is George Lucas is a great writer and a terrible director. His only good films are THX, American Graffiti and A New Hope. The best film in the star wars universe is a Lawrence Kasdan movie through and through. Even the screenplay was basically rewritten by him. The best thing that could have happened to star wars was a giant company buying it and handing it to someone who can write and direct, who has a love for the original 3 films and who also has the sensibility to fix what was broken and make something new. The force is strong with JJ, you guys just need something to whine about for attention, because everyone else is enjoying the shit out of it.
>>
>>63915271
>The best film in the star wars universe
is ANH by a country mile
>>
>>63913865

This. Lucas is based

>It's exactly what you guys wanted: garbage!
>>
>>63913828
> Lucas sells out and shills for Disney crap
> Make a movie's
> Everyone hates all three of them
> How ? what ? Well fuck you then
> Sell rights
> Complete shit gets released
> Well here have it, this is what you wanted right ?
You got what you wanted OP, leave George alone
>>
>>63915271
>The force is strong with JJ, you guys just need something to whine about for attention

The denial is strong in you. bitch please all he did was to make a rehash of Episode 4
>>
>>63915297
No, its empire by 6 country miles.
>>
>>63915372
> implying a rehash isn't better than 1,2 and 3
>>
>>63915372
Which is exactly what was needed after the prequels

It was a wash.
It played it safe to make room for great sequels now.
Just a simple sign to show that star wars is back and not shit anymore.
>>
>>63913828
Sold for 4 billion dollars.. He played everyone like a tune
>>
>>63915380
kill yourself
>>
>>63914600
Even then, some changes were fine or in the case of replacing Yub Jub with Victory Celebration, desperately needed
>>
File: 1347980934243.gif (980 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1347980934243.gif
980 KB, 221x196
Meanwhile, at George's mansion
>>
>>63915457
>it's shit on purpose!!!11!!111!!!!!
shill/troll get out
>>
>>63915500
this
victory celebration makes 6's ending good.
>>
>>63915380
You mean return of the Jedi by 12 parsecs
>>
>>63915457
>it's okay that it's shit because the next two might be good!
it was a waste of a movie and there's no reason to believe the next two will be any better.
>>
>>63915529
No way is Hedi better than hope or empire. Jeri has the best first 40 min. Of any film ever, then nose dives into crap
>>
I miss you already George. I don't want an eternity of glib facsimiles. Please, come back ;_;
>>
>>63915569
Except that it's not shit, just unoriginal.
>>
>>63913993
>I wish I knew where he lived
The location of Skywalker Ranch isn't exactly a secret.
>>
>>63915271
>JJ took out all the funny looking comedic try hard characters

>JJ didn't take the easy road and chock it full of the original actors for fan service

Have you actually seen the movie?
>>
/tv/ sends Lucas a collage card apologizing when?
>>
File: 1442941902774.jpg (86 KB, 533x467) Image search: [Google]
1442941902774.jpg
86 KB, 533x467
>>63913828
>>“I think the fans are going to love it,” he said. “It’s very much the kind of movie they’ve been looking for.”
you can taste the spite
>>
>>63915723
We need to do something about this.
>>
>>63913828
George is absolutely based
>>
>>63915723
I'd be down with that.
>>
>>63915690
With all the autist fanboys over the years, I bet he doesn't read most of it any more

>tfw I can imagine the amount of hate mail he got from neckbeard autists when he released the Prequels
Poor guy, I really feel for him.
>>
>>63913828
Even if George didn't write the script for the last three movies to coincide with the books that had been held up as canon until Shitsney came up with their own "plan"

Han Solo's family still playing a main part and it not being Jaina/Jacen/Anakin
Luke shouldering guilt and trying to create new Jedi and it not following the NJO storyline
New strong female lead that will possibly be the greatest protagonist in the Star Wars universe. NOT JAINA.
Random people they threw in as original characters so that they could say that they didn't even visit the books for plot lines. NOT Tennel Ka, Zekk, Older Boba.
A new superweapon! Not Eclipse or the Human killing virus.

Jesus they could have made three movies from any number of storylines in the books and the masses would have been just as happy with a side of damn some of those people read the books and they love that shit.

Instead they just revamped ANH and pandered to what would be the new generation of Star Wars fans. There's almost no correlation between the rushed JJ Autist's style and the story telling, wide eyed wonder, immersive exploration of any of the other movies.
>>
>>63914331
HeLLOOO reeeddit
>>
>>63915457
>Which is exactly what was needed after the prequels

Damage control. Not a single person here or anywhere else wanted a beat for beat remake of ANH before this movie came out. Now that it's out, JJ playing it safe without any creativity of his own is "what was needed". No one asked for a "soft remake" going into this movie.

Movies are also not supposed to be 2 hour long trailers for sequels that may or may not be good. Big movies no longer stand on their own as complete entities which for some reason is acceptable. "It'll be explained in the sequels". Probably just indicative of the current movie culture.
>>
>>63915701
Yeah have you? Han is the only one who is a central character. Luke and Leia are barely in the film. Where are the comedic try hards? The only real humor is Fin and it's basically a handful of quips. No fucking JarJar, Watto, Boss Nass, silly Droid etc. What fucking movie were you watching?
>>
>>63915723

thirding
>>
>>63915569
Although it is shit, Rian will takeover from JJ. So he COULD save the trilogy
>>
>Lucas sells out

You mean more so than when he literally sold out to Disney? Literally selling the rights to the entire franchise?
>>
File: 139924-george-lucas.jpg (241 KB, 950x1295) Image search: [Google]
139924-george-lucas.jpg
241 KB, 950x1295
>>63913828
I liked Episode VII but I to this day contend that the fans are very disrespectful and unappreciative of George Lucas and everything that he has given us. I am sick of hearing people make up these revisionist stories about how George Lucas doesn't even deserve credit for the original trilogy. They want so badly to divorce their Star Wars obsession from George Lucas that they are willing to divorce their brains from reality.

George Lucas took us to a dozen new worlds in the prequels that where wholly unique in their own right. Where did Episode VII take us that wasn't just Tatooine, Yavin or the Death Star? This is why pandering to the most vocal complainers is a bad idea. Instead of trying to find a balance between the OT and the ambitions and creativity PT, they just said "fine, you want the original Star Wars? Here's a beat-for-beat retelling of Episode IV with new characters."

Like I said, I liked Episode VII, but I think the criticism of it being too much like Episode IV is a valid one. If the next movie is a repeat of Empire Strikes Back then I think the trilogy as a whole is going to be a disappointment. They need to prove that they can do more than just rinse and recycle the original trilogy. George Lucas never had to prove that, because each one of the prequels was just as fresh as any of the original movies, even if they were lacking in competent execution. Lucas should remained as executive producer rather than directing again, but he still had ideas.
>>
>>63913828
Based Lucas, taking digs at both the makers of the movie for making a glib simile of ANH, and at the fans for liking it, all under pretending to be shilling for Disney.

How can one man be so based with just two sentences.
>>
>>63913828
I liked Lucas' poetry. JJ is an uncreative hack
>>
>>63915621
>Of any film ever
dude
>>
>>63915621
what movie are you talking about?
>>
>>63915947
He's a poet
>>
>>63916018
His post is full of typos, he's talking about Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
>>
>>63915851
Finn is in there for comic relief in very scene other than the end. BB-8 and Chewbacca are also in for humour though they're done well.

The entire movie is a call back. Han and Leia and Chewie are in there for fan service and callbacks. Vader's mask is there, the falcon returns, a female Yoda stand in, there's a new Death Star, there's several mentions of the last Death Stars, there's jokes about trash compactors and the kessel run. That's just half of it. It's all there for pandering.
>>
>>63915947
George has the high ground over Disney and the fans
>>
why didn't lucas direct TFA

its the magnum opus of his life

How the fuck could he not direct it
>>
>>63916115
he wanted a new vision
disney wanted pandering
>>
>>63915947
He's an absolute mad man.
>>
>>63916139
this, also his spirit was crushed and he doesn't want to many people to watch his new films
>>
>>63916173
too* many
>>
>>63913828
That was the classiest middle finger to neckbeard "fans" ever.
>>
>>63913828
>It’s very much the kind of movie they’ve been looking for.

You can just sense the bitterness in his soul.
>>
>>63913828
>Lucas sells out

KEK

Lucas sold out decades ago anon
>>
>/tv/ loves George and the prequels now

Quelle surprise
>>
>>63916279
i don't think the autistic star wars "fans" are even fans of cinema
>>
>>63913848
>headcanon
>>
>>63913828
>Lucas sells out

WOW REALLY
>>
>It’s very much the kind of movie they’ve been looking for

What a passive-aggressive piece of shit.
>>
>>63916285
Ignore them, people were predicting this as soon as Episode VII was announced, just the tryhard contrarians who think 4chan culture is just "the opposite of what's popular"
>>
>>63916299

That may be so, but TFA was actually decent, which is more than I can say for the prequels. It probably burns his ego pretty hard that he was unable to write and direct a movie as enjoyable as this.
>>
>>63916285
We just didn't know what we had until it was gone. Sometimes people don't realise how much they appreciate something/someone until they're gone. This is one of times.
>>
>>63915944
>They want so badly to divorce their Star Wars obsession from George Lucas that they are willing to divorce their brains from reality.

>George Lucas comes to my house and makes me pancakes for breakfast
>internet bullies me into saying it was actually Gary Kurtz and Marcia Lucas who did all the pancake making
>>
File: 1424794810513.jpg (35 KB, 578x472) Image search: [Google]
1424794810513.jpg
35 KB, 578x472
>>63916388
>>
George needs to move on with his life
>>
>godfather

He created it
>>
>>63913865
This. Lucas is fully aware what we want, he just doesn't give a fuck.
>>
File: 1447359674221.png (721 KB, 700x919) Image search: [Google]
1447359674221.png
721 KB, 700x919
>>63915820

While I don't think Lucas would have followed the books too closely himself (I'm sure he had no problem creating a new canon), I think Lucas has enough respect for the old Expanded Universe that he would at least try to make a movie that appealed enough to all the different kinds of people without watering down the story.

Let's say Lucas didn't sell the rights to Disney and just decided that Lucasfilm owned by him would produce the new sequel trilogy (whether or not he directed or wrote it), chances are Lucasfilm would have made a story featuring a son of Han and Leia who fell to the darkside whose name was still Jacen Solo and still had some of the essential traits of the Jacen Solo character. Lucas probably wouldn't have gone for the Yuuzhan Vong, but I could see him creating a new canon that was at least more consistent with things and characters seen in the old EU. The fact that Darth Bane's ghost appears in the The Clone Wars and that one episode even directly references the "Deceived" trailer for the Old Republic imply as much.

>Jesus they could have made three movies from any number of storylines in the books and the masses would have been just as happy with a side of damn some of those people read the books and they love that shit.

This is what I don't get, really. I've even met people who are completely new to the Expanded Universe after watching The Force Awakens who find it confusing why Disney didn't just use a version of the Solo Twins.
>>
>>63916371
>but TFA was actually decent,
no
>>
File: 14507080742110.png (370 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
14507080742110.png
370 KB, 640x480
Forse really awakens!
>>
>>63916403
>>internet bullies me into saying it was actually Gary Kurtz and Marcia Lucas who did all the pancake making
no... internet opnes your eyes to the fact that without kurtz there to keep tabs on him, lucas would have put so much milk in the pancake mix that you be drinking it like baby formula

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/star-wars-was-born-a-long-time-ago-but-not-all-that-far-far-away-in-1972-filmmakers-george-lucas-and-gary-kurtz-wer/
>>
>>63916454
THEY WON'T LET HIM!!!
>>
Is Lucas ever going to direct another movie

why doesn't Disney let him do one of the spinoffs
>>
>>63916403
>tfw George will never come to my house to make breakfast and talk about life. ;_;
>>
>>63916620
He can direct other shit, it might be good for him to be involved in other stuff except Star Wars.

Although he's already a billionaire and doesn't seem to care too much anymore, so maybe he just doesn't want to
>>
File: 1338616028478.png (404 KB, 631x627) Image search: [Google]
1338616028478.png
404 KB, 631x627
>>63916115
>Lucas actually has treatments for Episodes VII, VIII, and IX
>they were handed to Disney so no we'll never see them
>>
>>63916620
He said he wants nothing to do with Star Wars anymore
>>
>>63916620
Willow 2 when?

I love the novel trilogy sequel to Willow, but I wouldn't mind Old George making his own sequel.
>>
so it doesnt matter what lucas said, /tv/ will think hes bitter regardless
lmao

you are all fucking pathetic.

i bet next month we'll be seeing threads where people proclaim that the phantom menace is actually the best SW movie.
>>
>>63916719
>next month

try in the next hour
>>
>>63916555
Kurtz's involvement with the creative side of Star Wars is greatly exaggerated.
He was the producer, so he's main job was handling the budget, finding locations, and making everything be in place before the shooting starts.
Also, all his ideas for the ending of ROTJ were edgy teenager level nonsense.

>kill Han Solo 25 minutes after they devoted the whole first act to saving his ass
>Leia having to struggle with balancing the budget in the new Republic and dieing al old hag cause the love of her life was killed halway through the movie
>Luke wandering off into the wilderness to cry about Vader, the guy that spent 3 movies trying to kill him

Sure, let's end this space fairytale in the bleakest way possible so hopefully the audience can contemplate their own meaningless existence and the futility of trying.
>>
>>63916719
The PT gets better after a few viewings. It's not on par with the OT, of course, but it's not that bad. At least George tried something different (kid main character in TPM, politics, etc.) It's when he tries to make it more like the OT that he fails (C3P0 and R2D2, the Gungans Not!Ewoks shit, etc.)
>>
>>63916748
GL had great ideas back then, but his spirit was destroyed by the retards he had to hang out with and listen to.

I think the only non-retard around him was Marcia, and she ended up cheating on him.
>>
>>63916814
>The PT gets better after a few viewings

Once was enough, there's enough good cinema out there to spend hours watching instead of that bullshit dialogue and weak acting
>>
>>63916882
Now that I think about it... I think Lucas is severly autistic. He had great ideas that he had to fight for because nobody got his vision and they where pitching ideas that even a 12 yo would think are dumb.

When it was time to make the PT, he tried to do them the way he tought ordinary, non-autistic people would want them to be. But being THAT much of a brillant autist, he couldn't undersatnd the fine line between complete buffoonery and samrts that the average person walks daily and he went ful retard.
>>
>>63916906
As a whole Star Wars is a better experience if you watch all 6 episodes in chronological order. You are never going to un-spoil the fact that Darth Vader is Luke's father and Leia is his sister, but if you watch the prequels suddenly Darth Vader becomes a much deeper character when you see him in the OT. Because he's the main character of the prequels, every time he shows up and does something it seems that much more important, and you end up pondering a lot more about what he's doing or saying because you have that new perspective on his character.

Yes, the prequels could have been a lot better, and Lucas should have been the executive producer rather than the directer, but even with all the bad acting and stiff dialogue I still get a lot of enjoyment out of them, especially as part of my larger Star Wars experience.
>>
>>63917191
I agree
>>
>>63917191
Well said, I completely agree.
>>
>>63913910
>he laughing at how pathetic is JJ.
Pathetic that now JJ is seen as a savior as star wars and Lucas will always be remembered as the one who killed it?

I think he's crying, not laughing.
>>
>>63914010

heheh, based george, he knows tfa was a soulless fanservice fest *army of boba fetts, darth vader is from tatooine and builds c-3po etc. etc.*
>>
>>63917059

if you look at the Prequel Trilogy, you definitely see hints that Lucas was doing things he probably didn't want to do. One of the flaws of both TPM and AOTC I think is that they feel like Lucas is trying to shoehorn things in that he thinks his audiences wanted to see.

The Phantom Menace when it isn't trying to be a "kids movie" is actually quite brilliant in some areas, especially in the world building. That's one of its problems, this kids movie part and this part about intergalactic politics, trade routes and an ancient evil religious cult returning from hiding in the shadows for a millenia seem to clash, especially since some parts of the kids movie portion while otherwise just fine in thousands of other kids movies feels kind of insincere.

In Attack of the Clones, it almost feels like Lucas was trying to bring in a female audience with an incredibly unsubtle love story involving a stalker kid that clashes with as Ewan described it at the time Obi-Wan's dick tracy detective stint and Anakin's dealing with these horrifying dreams of his mother and dealing with the darkness inside him, both of which are actually quite good in my opinion.

It makes me wonder if these two things were even something Lucas himself wanted to do or if they were perhaps things he felt he had to include to sell his movie to wider audiences.
>>
>>63917358

But people generally thought those things were retarded, and at the same time, people are getting really mad at TFA having things like Finn briefly whipping out Luke's training ball or Han referencing the trash compactor.
>>
>>63917191

>Because he's the main character of the prequels, every time he shows up and does something it seems that much more important, and you end up pondering a lot more about what he's doing or saying because you have that new perspective on his character.

Agree with this. One of the funs of watching the OT after the PT for me has always been trying to figure what Vader's actions mean and what his thoughts are in context.

>>63917355
>army of boba fetts,

this is not fanservice at all. The idea that Boba Fett and the Mandalorians were somehow linked to the Clone Wars had always been a part of Lucas' original ideas for the Clone Wars.
>>
>people feeling sorry for Lucas
>after making billions of dollars over the years from merchandise, books, games, movies etc

wow what a poor guy :((
>>
File: HIGH GROUND.jpg (55 KB, 1600x681) Image search: [Google]
HIGH GROUND.jpg
55 KB, 1600x681
Was he the only good thing and OT quality tier about the prequels? Why is he so based holy shit?

HE IS THE TRUE OBI WAN, not that old man Ben shit
>>
>>63917459

You mean it's not fanservice for a background character with minimal dialogue who was loved largely for his design to become one of the most significant figures in the universe's history by having an ENTIRE ARMY of him?

I've never heard of it being part of his original vision, but if it was, it was something he really, really should have gone without, and screams fanservice in every basic regard.
>>
>>63917406

>But people generally thought those things were retarded

I'm not saying he was right though. I'm saying that the reason these particular elements feel out of place or like they have little effort put into them may be that Lucas really wasn't that interested in them but felt like he needed them for some reason.

TPM doesn't really do much in the way of the kids movie department that is different from other kids movies. But there's something about the blatant kids movie parts in the way George does them that feels a little insincere compared to other parts where Lucas clearly gave it his all.
>>
>>63917475
Money cannot stitch back together a broken heart.
>>
>>63917574
broken heart? he literally decided to let go of star wars.

disney had every right to reject his ideas, the moment he took the 4 billion he gave up all rights he had for star wars.

with 2 of the 3 prequels widely disliked, im not particularly surprised that his ideas were rejected also.
>>
>>63916301
http://www.contractstandards.com/clauses/non-disparagement
>>
>>63914545
>apparently

you're shitposting about a movie you haven't even seen with only the opinions of the most cynical part of the internet? And you think they're right?
>>
>>63915944
>Where did Episode VII take us that wasn't just Tatooine, Yavin or the Death Star?

A snow forest
Ireland
>>
>>63916285
Recognising the concepts and ambitions of the prequels and comparing them against TFA is fair though.

Those saying the prequels were better movies than TFA are being stupid or baiting.
>>
>a-at least the prequels tried something different!
>unironically rating films from their subjective intentions rather than the objective execution

Do prequel apologists actually expect to be taken seriously?
>>
>>63916319
He's completely right though considering the overwhelming response to TFA.
>>
>>63917551
Because it was a fantastic casting choice, despite being almost constantly written like shit. You can practically hear him laughing at the end of 'he killed the younglings' in RotS.
>>
Keep your chin up, George.
>>
File: 1425698793570.gif (3 MB, 740x416) Image search: [Google]
1425698793570.gif
3 MB, 740x416
>>63913828
>In a recent Washington Post profile, Lucas characterized his decision to sell Lucasfilm to Disney and cede control of the Star Wars franchise as the equivalent of a divorce. “I gotta go to the wedding,” he said. “My ex will be there, my new wife will be there, but I’m going to have to take a very deep breath and be a good person and sit through it and just enjoy the moment, because it is what it is and it’s a conscious decision that I made.”
Poor George
>>
>>63917625
He let go of Star Wars because it grieved him so much, thanks to autist fan boys who mercilessly gave him shit for the Prequels which weren't that bad
>>
>>63917554

First of all, the army wasn't of Boba Fett but Jango Fett. Boba himself is just a clone of Jango Fett that Jango kept as a sort of son. If anything, some Boba Fett fans were probably upset about this explanation of Boba being a clone of literally who?

One of the original ideas for the Clone Wars was something more along the lines of a planet of clones attacking the Republic and the Jedi answer the call to arms and Anakin's fall to the dark side would be within this context. Boba was supposed to be somehow linked to these clones, though was not particularly important himself.
>>
>>63917695
>Do prequel apologists actually expect to be taken seriously?

more seriously than bandwagon faggots who suck jew jew abrams dick over a fucking forgettable popcorn movie written explicitly for children.

say what you want about the prequels but they didn't compromise Lucas vision for where the series should be heading.
>>
I honestly feel kind of sorry for him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da8s9m4zEpo

He really thought what he was making was good, he had no idea people were going to react so negatively to it that he decided to wash his hands of the franchise completely
>>
>I MAY HAVE GONE TOO FAR IN A FEW PLACES
>>
>>63917812
>say what you want about the prequels but they didn't compromise Lucas vision for where the series should be heading.
So you dislike TFA out of principle because Lucas wasn't involved? Are you really that autistic?
>>
File: 1444768529618.gif (801 KB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
1444768529618.gif
801 KB, 250x170
>>63917787
>which weren't that bad
>>
>>63917852
Lucas IS Star Wars. Jew Jew Abrams is a literally who.
>>
Money is the key to all of this
>>
>>63917554
Boba Fett's connection to the clone army makes his small interactions with Darth Vader more interesting. He was always a badass for being the only guy to talk back to Darth Vader without getting force choked, but now there's more to it. He is a perfect, unaltered clone of a man who was chosen as the pattern for specifically making an army of jedi killers. Darth Vader does not want to risk putting him to the test.
>>
>>63917911

autism, got it
>>
>>63917812

How was TFA written for children? BB8 was cutesy looking but was remarkably inoffensive. The movie had a complete lack of the awkward slapstick humor that characterized the PT and things like the droids that went "ouch!" and made funny noises.
>>
>>63917863
Memery and reaction images won't make me redact what I said. I stand by it. The Prequels weren't as bad as what people make them out to be.
>>
>>63917952

I'd go one step further and say TFA's humor was fairly witty
>>
>>63917679
TFA was a better made movie, but it is indisputably no where near as creative as the prequels or the original trilogy.
>>
>>63917972

How do you respond to the plinkett argument against the prequels?
>>
>>63917988
>adding a bunch of shit cgi animals
>creative
>>
>>63917972
>The Prequels weren't as bad as what people make them out to be.
You still think they're bad then.
>>
>>63917629

Stop being such an insecure little faggot about your new favorite movie. I didn't say anything about TFA sucking as far as cinematic execution goes. And I don't need to have seen the movie to know that the plot doesn't seem to bring me in regardless of how well it is executed in terms of the technical aspects of film making. I'm still planning on seeing it in the next couple days, but what I know of the entire story I'm not at all impressed by it because everything about it sounds like A New Hope 2.0 with a sprinkle of Marvel summer/winter blockbuster.

Also, the clips I have seen from the camrip do nothing to sell the movie to me either, especially not that "NO! The Supreme Leader is WISE!" shit.

I didn't say shit about the people who like the movie. All I said is that Lucas didn't go so far as Abrams to just modernize A New Hope with his prequels. Which anyone who's seen the movie, even those who praise it, can confirm.
>>
>>63917925

And yet beyond him capturing Han Solo and being killed by him, there was nothing else about him we knew. He had minimal dialogue. He was renowned as being a mysterious figure with a great design and became a fan favorite solely because of those things.

In AOTC, we see this little aspect magnified many, many times over by him being the basis of the clone army, and therefore, an entire army of him. He is elevated from a mysterious background figure with a cool design to one of the most important figures in galactic history. Sorry, the whole thing is one of the most shameful exercises in fan service you can go for. You could have explained why Vader didn't choke him or whatever without going for that.

>"But they talked about Han Solo's past in a brief scene!!! Fanservice pandering!!!"
>>
File: Battle_of_Geonosis.png (535 KB, 1024x435) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_Geonosis.png
535 KB, 1024x435
>>63918018
Show me one thing in TFA that is anywhere near as creative as this one still from Attack of the Clones.
>>
>>63917952
>>63917980

no point in arguing for children who enjoy di$ney moneygrabs.

TFA was made to sell action figures for executives, nothing more.

prequels were made outside the studio process by an auteur and they took actual risks.
>>
>>63918062

ooh wow a a war, so amazingly creative
>>
>>63918006
Most of what he argues is just unnecessary nitpicking with sardonic humour as a means to convince the audience to conform to his view. The only valid points he has from my point of view is the force-run in TPM, the de-mystification of Yoda and lightsabres, and the over-reliance on CGI.
>>
>>63918062

Fuck the battles in the PT were so bad.
>>
>>63917911
>Lenseflare McCliffhangers
>who

Fair enough, I guess.
>>
>>63918043
I will only go so far as to say that they weren't as good as the OT.
>>
>>63917695
No one is saying that the prequels are objectively better than TFA.

They are discussing the merits of the prequels' ambitions against the ambitions of TFA and how safe it was played.

You're just annoyed cause they're right.
>>
>>63918006

Not him, but I never watched that review because

A. It was too long

B. It didn't sound like it said anything I hadn't heard before, considering that so many anti-TPM arguments seem to just parrot whatever Plinkett said and I have never needed to watch the review to address its main arguments apparently

& C. I don't need fucking reddit-tier youtube shit to tell me what movies I should enjoy or not enjoy and why nor do I need unfunny youtube "critics" to validate my opinions for me.
>>
>>63918062

The PT on the whole had many more creative design choices than TFA, I won't deny. Countless other things ruin them though. Like how that scene is a battle between droids that stood as the most useless antagonists in Star Wars history, that go "ow!" when they get hit, and an army of clones. There is remarkably little emotional weight to the battles in the clone wars. TFA has battles between beings with individual identities, and in the case of the First Order, soldiers that were often kidnapped as children and indoctrinated.

Nevermind the fundamentally bizarre moral conundrum of the Jedi raising an army of obedient clones.
>>
>>63918081
It's Star WARS. You'd better find a way to be more creative than just "There's a big space gun shaped like a moon, and they have to hit its weak point" by now. There was not a single superweapon in all of the prequel trilogy, and the expanded universe spent decades failing to escape from overused superweapon tropes.

The first thing Disney did with Star Wars is go back to superweapons. As good as the movie is, that aspect did not inspire a lot of confidence, and Starkiller Base had better be the last damn super weapon we ever see in the new trilogy.
>>
>>63917988
>but it is indisputably no where near as creative as the prequels or the original trilogy.

It's backing plot events aren't that creative, but the new characters are actual new characters and not reskins of the original cast (rey is a grey area). Finn's character is an entirely new concept for a main character in the films, as is Poe. Kylo is a completely different (and significantly better) execution of what anakin was trying to be. Those characters had some creativity behind them, and luckily the characters are the focus of the movie and not the events that happen on a bigger scale
>>
>>63918006
The what?
>>
>>63917812
praising the prequels for the broad strokes, the plot, the universe, etc, is like praising the rape of your mother because it was done to achieve world peace.

There was no good reason for the prequels to be as terrible as they were. The broad strokes you're praising were apparent from the original trilogy. The way lucas served them was idiotic and incompetent.

Which is all to say, you don't have to praise the prequels because you like the broad plot and general ideas, as those were a part of the OT, and the main reason everyone was excited for the prequels. Then lucas not only shat all over those ideas, he went out of his way to shit on some of the best scenes of the OT, because those scenes came from people other than him.
>>
>>63918129
>No one is saying that the prequels are objectively better than TFA.

I'm saying that. Prequels are objectively better movies than TFA.
>>
>>63918129
>They are discussing the merits of the prequels' ambitions against the ambitions of TFA and how safe it was played.

And then concluding that the prequels are somehow better movies because of that principle, which is objectively incorrect
>>
>>63918129
>No one is saying that the prequels are objectively better than TFA.
I am.
>>
>>63918152
>Nevermind the fundamentally bizarre moral conundrum of the Jedi raising an army of obedient clones.
That is part of why the Jedi lost their connection to the force. On principle they should have opposed the use of a clone army and demanded their liberation, but instead they accepted the unholy apple from the serpent. They compromised their own morals to make winning the war easier.
>>
>>63918070

>TFA was made to sell action figures for executives, nothing more.

People have made this dig with Star Wars since ANH, and haven't been entirely inaccurate. See also the ewoks.

>prequels were made outside the studio process by an auteur and they took actual risks.

And those risks often turned out to be horrible ideas and cash grabs in and of themselves. (a character blatantly designed to appeal to young children, trying to appeal to little girls with all of Padme's outfits etc.)
>>
>>63918206

So why is that never addressed in the movies?
>>
>>63918160
>praising the prequels for the broad strokes, the plot, the universe, etc, is like praising the rape of your mother because it was done to achieve world peace.

It's these kind of drama queen arguments that just make you look stupid, not clever.

>There was no good reason for the prequels to be as terrible as they were.

Mediocre at many times, sure. But I would hardly say terrible. I can probably think of hundreds of movies, even some much better than the PT, I'd not sooner rewatch.
>>
>>63918206
but-t muh practical effects doe
>>
>>63918206

If that was the case, it was something that was barely communicated in the movies.
>>
>>63918055
>one of the most important figures in galactic history

He's nothing of the sorts. He's basically a remnant of a conflict that happened years before. It fits perfectly into the lived in world of SW. A fuckload of fantasy type settings do this. Shit Tolkien built an entire universe on "you wouldn't believe how much shit went on in this old as balls place".
>>
>>63918206
>EU
lol
>>
Poor George. I've been wanting to write him a thoughtful thank you letter to cheer him up for a few months now. He just seems dejected these days.
>>
>>63918233
Its nice to see you have no counter arguments and have chosen to retreat to the realm of opinion.
>>
>>63918161
>>63918184

lol
>>
>>63918265
Hes autistic. He's basically holding onto the fantasy that disney will come crawling to him to make star wars good.
>>
>>63918265
Me too. This board should really do something in tribute to him.
>>
File: 1428264402246.jpg (118 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1428264402246.jpg
118 KB, 640x480
>>63913828

>Don't call this a grave. It is the future you chose.
>>
He's right though, I loved it.
>>
>>63918154
>and luckily the characters are the focus of the movie and not the events that happen on a bigger scale

This isn't true after Jakku. They trade in a character driven adventure movie for ANH 2.0.
>>
>>63918358
... ANH was a character driven action movie
>>
Ranking the films in terms of artistic fidelity:

III > V > II > IV > I > VI >>>>>>>>>>>> VII
>>
>>63918161
Well then you are lost.
>>
Reminder that george lucas posts on 4chan. See: >>63918377
>>
>>63918179
I'd agree with you. The prequels are poor movies. TFA is an average movie.
>>
>>63918154
>Kylo is a completely different (and significantly better) execution of what anakin was trying to be.

They're like the opposites.
Anakin is a road to hell is paved with good intentions type of character.
Kylo is a guy that is actively trying to be DARKNESS, but has urges to be good which he finds are bad.
At some point you might relate of what Anakin is trying and failing to accomplish. Kylo feels like he was randomly generated by a machine. He seems to be in control of his faculties, but is angry that at certain moments feels bad about doing a nice thing.
>>
>>63918358

You're kidding right? Did you completely miss all of the character moments regarding finn's development, rey's development (which admittedly could have been handled better) and kylo's devolution to insecurity? The lightsaber fight at the end between the three of them is literally RotJ 'emotional luke hacking at vader's hand' tier of quality character drama, you can see all of their inexperience and emotion coming through with how they fight - it's not choreographed gymnastics, it's people who are roughed up and emotional trying to kill each other

And to suggest that ANH isn't character driven is idiotic
>>
>>63914121
It's leddit revisionism at it's finest.

You skunks would make fine Japs.
>>
>>63918377
I'd say this:

IV > I > V = II > III > VI
>>
File: 1448333599757.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448333599757.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
>>63918152
>Like how that scene is a battle between droids that stood as the most useless antagonists in Star Wars history, that go "ow!" when they get hit, and an army of clones. There is remarkably little emotional weight to the battles in the clone wars.TFA has battles between beings with individual identities, and in the case of the First Order, soldiers that were often kidnapped as children and indoctrinated.

I actually liked how the clone wars were between mass produced robots and humans. Especially in the other material outside the PT, this element played a huge role in differentiating the clone wars from other previously galactic conflicts. So while I can agree that in the movies themselves, the battles have less emotional weight than the battles of the OT, the concept of the clone wars which the movies introduced actually provided the inspiration for a whole range of stories that explored this idea that the war seems continuous with droids and clones that do nothing but obey orders to fight and kill and are replaced by two droids/clones for every one that goes down.

Some of the best episodes of The Clone Wars CG cartoon which was produced by Lucas himself are the episodes involving how some of the clone troopers deal with being manufactured pre-conditioned soldiers. Likewise, in the comics, the ARC troopers are differentiated from other clone troopers by their greater individuality. I understand none of this would make the movies themselves retroactively better in and of themselves and I'm certainly not saying the prequels are better than the PT, but I always looked at the prequels in the wider context of the Star Wars lore in general and I don't feel that things in the PT need have the same "emotional weight" that made the OT great to make them creative in terms of concepts and design.

While I haven't seen TFA yet, Finn's backstory sounds to me like something that's already been explored in the Star Wars universe before, perhaps much better.
>>
>>63918415
>He seems to be in control of his faculties
I'd argue the opposite, he still has much to learn. At the start he's well composed, but he hadn't been emotionally challenged yet. As soon as he takes off the mask (poetry) and learns of rey and her positive interactions with his father, he starts to lose it and become mentally unstable
>>
>>63914498

I'm definitely not finding most people saying they're more entertaining. Saying they're entertaining because of more originality and better worldbuilding is a joke, because most of those were executed horribly.

And the PT having anything the way of heart... yeah, no. It's kind of hard when your characters mostly range from sterile and lifeless to unlikable and creepy (Anakin.)
>>
>>63918480
>While I haven't seen TFA yet, Finn's backstory sounds to me like something that's already been explored in the Star Wars universe before, perhaps much better.

Except this time it's canon and finn's an entertaining character who isn't melodramatic about it
>>
>>63918275

You didn't really provide any argument based on particulars for why the prequels were terrible beyond over dramatic opinions yourself though.

The sum of your argument was basically: whatever you like the PT for, the OT did better, the PT was terrible, fuck you if don't disagree, you're not a real lover of SW if you support it.

I actually have addressed particular arguments in this thread more thoroughly, don't get mad at me if I don't find you worth much response. Make better posts.
>>
>>63918480
The prequels did not introduce the idea of the clone wars. They were mentioned in ANH.

Nothing good about the prequels came from the prequels.
>>
>>63918539

If you watch the making of documentary >>63917827, I'd say that lucas had heart - it's just very misguided and he'd lost his touch by that point

Kind of makes me feel sad for him
>>
>>63918480

At face value, I agree with a lot of that. Those are just things we didn't see in the movies at all. Referencing EU events is pointless here.
>>
File: Felucia-wide.png (2 MB, 1919x816) Image search: [Google]
Felucia-wide.png
2 MB, 1919x816
>>63918154
I did not say the movie is bad, or not even better than the prequels. It's a lot better than the prequels as a whole, but given the amount of visual creativity we saw in the prequels, we should not lower our exceptions for the new movies just because they have better acting and characters. A very large component of Star Wars is still in its creative visuals, and Episode VII fell short of the previous two trilogies there. There simply is not much imagination going on in Episode VII when it came to the art department. Everything had to in some way or another be a rehash of something we saw in the original trilogy.

The most creative elements of Episode VII were BB8 and some of the aliens. There wasn't much of anything new in terms of the ship designs though, and the planets we saw were all rehashes of planets from previous movies. We had planets that were practically expies of Tatooine, Yavin, and Coruscant, a snowy forest and an Irish island.

The prequels gave us an desert planet that looked like a giant termite colony on Mars rather than Tatooine, the exotic Italian-inspired marble cities of Naboo (as well as the underwater Gungan city), a planet full of giant bio luminescent mushrooms and flowers, a volcano planet, our first detailed look at coruscant, a stormy ocean planet with exotic looking arcitecture, the Wookiee homeworld (complete with a Wookiee army), and more.

I criticize Episode VII's lack of creative new locations and visuals not out of hate, but out of love. I do feel it is a much better movie than the prequels, but I want the sequel trilogy to be at its best going forward. If they are just going to keep repeating stuff taken from the OT and don't offer us anything new, the ST might end up being a disappointment, and no-one wants that to happen.
>>
>>63915380
Hello there reddit!
>>
>>63918581
>I can't read
>>
>>63918584

Kind of. I really like TFA, but it didn't really have the iconicness or authenticity of the OT, and on some level, there was more of a sense of wonder in the PT than in TFA. A big part of that was probably TFA's forgettable soundtrack, which is something you'd never say about a Star Wars movie before.
>>
>>63918570
It seems you've retreated so far into opinionland, that you can't see anything but opinion.

Is very effective defense. Because at any point you can just drop to "well that's just my/your opinion."
>>
>>63917629
I've seen the movie, and it fucking sucks.
>>
>>63918232
They didn't spell it out but it's in there. The Jedi losing their connection to the force is something that Mace Windu brings up in the movies, and it all started with the Jedi accepting the creation of the clone army.
>>
>>63918628
10/10 rebuttal
>>
>>63913865

Totally, this. Good for you George. Stick to your guns.

That said I loved TFA.
>>
>>63913865
That just makes him look like a petty clown who can't accept that the prequels (which had and unrestrained George Lucas at the helm) were shit on by Star Wars fans.
>>
>>63918605
>a planet full of giant bio luminescent mushrooms and flowers,

This and some of the other planets in ROTS we saw mainly in glimpses that lasted under a minute. I agree the PT had on the whole much more original settings, but some of the most inventive ones of all were ones that weren't explored in any way.
>>
>>63918539
When I said 'heart', I meant Lucas' vision and his love of his creation. You feel the enthusiasm and devotion of Lucas emenate through the Prequels. That's what I meant by heart. It was Lucas' heart - not of the actors'.
>>
>>63918129
But the prequels are better.

At least they're original ideas.
>>
>>63918698
So you're praising the prequels based upon something that isn't shown or quantified in any way, shape, or form, in the prequels.
>>
>>63918522
I think his devotion to actively be a part of what was told as the evil part of the equation for 6 fucking movies to be weird. It's a hacky way to introduce a moral gray area. He hasn't succumbed to the Dark Side, he actually unironically talks about darkness as the right choice and "light" being some temptation like heroin or torturing animals. It's like that whole every villain looks at himself as the hero, but taken to some extreme bizarro offshot where up is down and the sun is wet.
Maybe, I should think about it too much, cause Kasdan & Abrams manifesto was: moves fast/don't think too much/DELIGHT.
>>
>>63918733
How is a trilogy that does nothing but retread ideas introduced in the OT constitute "original ideas?"
>>
>>63918804
see: half the posts in this thread
>>
B T F O
T
F
O

BASED LUCAS TELLS SW MANCHILDREN TO "EAT A DICK", CALLS THEM RETARDED AND DESTROYS HIS CAREER.

SW SHITTERS ON SUICIDE WATCH.
>>
>>63915502

He gave the 4 billion to charity

He's still loaded
>>
>>63918755
In my first post, I was merely reporting what people had about the prequels, not exactly what I thought. As far as my personal opinion goes, all I said was that an entertaining film was better than one which isn't. My description of 'heart' is my inference of what people meant by it. I'm just a messenger.
>>
>>63916139
but he didnt have to sell it to disney did he.
he could have made and funded it, if he had wanted to.

george is scared to make movies now. he basically told everyone that, in a recent chat.

im a big fan of lucas, i love thx1136, american grafitti, star wars and indiana jones and wish he would make/create another movie/franchise.
>>
>>63918415
Anakin was seen by everyone as being a sweet little boy who wanted to make everyone proud of him. His better nature was eventually turned against him and perverted into a lust for control, and that led him to the dark side.

Han and Leia were afraid of Ben even when he was a child. He clearly has some kind of serious personality disorder, and they thought that if Luke trained him as a Jedi it would help him become a good person. From what we can tell he was never actually a good person. He was born somewhat of a monster, and rather than trying to better himself he just wanted to rid himself of his conscience.
>>
>>63918555
>Except this time it's canon

canon is pretty subjective as far as fictional sagas are concerned. I just treat Disney's new stuff as mostly fanfiction, unless I really like it and can fit it in with the Legends timeline.

Also, TCW is considered canon by Disney

>an entertaining character who isn't melodramatic about it

Nothing I've read or heard so far about Finn sounds like it wasn't done better by a Cartoon Network tv show to be honest family. As far as him being entertaining, I guess I'll have to see the movie, but I find it hard to believe token black dude who says shit like "droid please" is better than Dee Bradley Baker's clones dealing with how they're literally programmed like their droid enemies to fight and are denied basic freedoms to be normal humans by the Republic they fight and die for.

But my point was mostly that I disagree that the the Clone Wars as AOTC introduced it was a bad or uncreative concept

>>63918581

It was "mentioned" in ANH but nobody really knew anything about it beyond a few mentions here and there in other Star Wars books and interviews with Lucas or his old notes. Lucas actually forbade the EU staff from ever treating the clone wars or the era he reserved for the prequel trilogy. That was off limits until he finally was able to get his prequels off the ground.
>>
>>63918939
>canon is pretty subjective as far as fictional sagas are concerned. I
>I

Your headcanon not withstanding, the people who own a franchise get final say in what is and is not canon.
>>
>people get really mad over finn whipping out luke's training ball, scream "FANSERVICE PANDERING!!!"

>AOTC had the original training in ANH, complete with helmet hiding vision, as an official jedi children's training regimen, completely trivializing what was billed as an on the fly training setup, and opening up why han solo had a jedi children's training device
>>
>Among the materials turned over to the production team were rough story treatments Lucas developed when he considered creating episodes VII–IX himself years earlier; in January 2015, Lucas stated that Disney had discarded his story ideas.

Reminder that Lucas got shit on by Disney
>>
>>63915723
tweet it to his obsessive son, he'd definitely see it and get it to his pops
>>
>>63916498
Darth Bane was created by George himself as part of his backstory notes for Phantom Menace.
>>
>>63918645
You're doing the exact same thing. There's no objectivity that isn't relative. Objectivity isn't some magical power you have on your side just because you think your opinion is right.
>>
>>63918991
All this just explains that luke was to old to do what a child would have been able to do, and why Han was able to not shot first.
>>
>>63918977

I didn't say they don't, but it's fiction, not religion. Unless the mouse is going to send the inquisition after me because I only recognize what I like as genuinely canon, nobody can stop me from just regarding TFA as no more canon than the average fanfic but maybe liking some of the Darth Vader comics Marvel is releasing.

The Legends/Old EU is still its own canon and if there's anything I like from the new Disney canon, I'll treat it as canon on par with the Legends stuff I'm more favorable to. Disney can create all the new lore it wants, but it won't stop fans of the old lore from preferring the old lore to whatever they make if what they make happens to suck.
>>
>>63919122

canon isn't a feeling you have in your heart, it's something established by a company that applies to their body of fiction
>>
>>63919159
I didn't say anything about canon.
>>
LUCAS IS A FUCKING HACK
ABRAMS BEING EVEN BIGGER HACK DOES NOT CHANGE A THING ABOUT IT
PREQUELS ARE STILL SHIT
>>
>>63918991
There's an infinite number of reasons to have a little floating ball that shoots things on a smuggling ship.

Making them into standard jedi training devices, one of which is in the possession of a guy who does not believe in the force at all, is pretty hackish.
>>
>>63919204

fuck I completely read the wrong post as a reply
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (19 KB, 412x480) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
19 KB, 412x480
>>63919117

And Aayla Secura was created Jan Dursema and Ostrander and Lucas included her in AOTC. Likewise, Lucas included Zahn's Coruscant (which was based on George's idea for the Imperial capital Had Abaddon) as the historic seat of the The Republic in the prequels just as it was in the EU. He didn't change it for the PT so he could have a spare planet to blow up. Lucas didn't bind himself to the Expanded Universe, but he definitely respected it or at least the work others put into it.
>>
>>63919140

What you have is a headcanon. There is an official canon. your decision to ignore it for the sake of headcanon is incredibly autistic
>>
>>63919122
I made an argument about how the means do not justify the ends. You called it melodramatic and then proceeded to spout opinion. Which means, in your opinion, the prequel trilogy has no flaws what so ever. Which means there is no point in engaging with you further.

That other guy also clearly responded to the wrong post.
>>
>>63913828
Does anyone else feel like he's sneak dissing, and saying that all these plebs deserve is a glib facsimile?
>>
>>63919277
Or it could just be common technology. Nobody ever said it was Jedi specific.

I agree that it's a great example of unnecessary pottery but this is the kind of pointless nitpicking people always resort to with the prequels. It's a nonissue that you can hand wave because it's ultimately irrelevant to the story.
>>
>>63919377
Nope. No one has derived that conclusion at all.
>>
>>63919140
Headcanon =/= canon pal
I dont know and i dont care what are you two arguing about, but official, genuine canon is pretty well defined and it's novels/comics released after certain date, TV series and movies.
>>
>>63919377
He's mad that jew jew abrams fucked up colosally and produced steaming pile of shit and it's still better and more popular than prequels
>>
>>63919342
I'm not the guy you're arguing with. I'm pointing out that there is no such thing as true objectivity. You're falling back on that like a crutch just like he's doing the opinion thing.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.