[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or is this worse than episode 1? I know episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
Is it just me or is this worse than episode 1?

I know episode 1 was bad. But at least it had some good action scenes. Be it extremely silly and pointless. But still.

I just thought episode 2 was so fucking boring. I guess it was meant as a setup for episode 3.(which honestly I kinda liked that one.) but episode 2 is nowhere near as bad as episode 1.

Discuss.
>>
I mean it's at least better than episode 7, but yeah, it was probably the worst of the prequels.
>>
Both Episode I and II were awful in different ways and unnecessary. Prequels should have started during the Clone Wars, Anakin and Obi Wan already acquainted with one another and veterans of war.
>>
>>63913717
This basically. One of many reasons for episodes 1 & 2 being so bad is that they should have been one movie. The second movie should have been set in the heights of the clone wars.
>>
>>63913647
objective list coming through from someone whos seen all the movies
V>IV>VI>III>I=VII>II
>>
It would've been interesting to see more Obi-Wan/Anakin tomfoolery and to extend the Obi-Wan detective story.

Lucas spent way too much time on the Love Story when Anakin's mom being enslaved to Tusken Raiders was enough to push him towards the Dark Side.
>>
>>63913813
really? VI weaker than new hope? why?

I thought it had way better confrontaitions such as the fight of vader and luke. The deathstar scene in new hope was indeed really awesome. But I think the emotions going on with the fight of vader vs luke was way way way better and well written. Plus Lucas didn't direct jedi which is why I honestly felt it was better.

I do like empire a lot more than both jedi and new hope though.
>>
It is worse, only good part vs Obi Wan vs Jango.
atleast Ep1 had pod racing and Darth Maul.
>>
>>63913647
Of course it's bad. It's the shittiest of them all.
>>
>>63913832
I thought it was more or less agreed that VI was the worst of the Original Trilogy. I know a hell of a lot of people hate it simply for the Ewoks
>>
i actually dont get the hate for 1 and 3

2 would be close to the worst movie ever but 1 and 3>7 imo
>>
>>63913832
ROTJ was weaker because the story jumped around too much. the jabba palace scenes were half the movie and then they jump right into endor where the dumb ewoks happened. if endor was kashyyyk it wouldve probably been two on the list since wookies wouldve made the movie believable. in the end it just felt too rushed and didnt really serve anything other than to end the story. it didnt tell its own story it just finished the trilogy. however there are amazing parts of it which bump it above the rest of the movies (like vader and lukes duel, the emperor, luke in the beginning where hes a gray jedi)
>>
>>63913647

The novelization ironically is one of the best of the prequel books.

All of the things that got cut for pacing are what made their entire relationship make sense and majority of it got left on cutting room floor.

It also adds inner monologue to things that were not given enough time to be expressed, or should have been expressed so people would believe it.

You fix that and some of the dialogue like the book did and it all feels more normal.
>>
episode 2 is hands down one of the worst films ever made

I fucking love it
>>
>>63914461
true, also the novelization of ROTS was fucking amazing. you understand everything and actually get emotionally evolved. but i think thats inherent in books, you get every nitty gritty detail that cant be portrayed in a movie. also the poem about darkness was beautiful
>>
File: 1320463616806.jpg (9 KB, 349x314) Image search: [Google]
1320463616806.jpg
9 KB, 349x314
>yfw luke turns to the dark side in episode 9
>>
>>63914456

why is empire considered so good? do we just give movies bad endings and now they're classics?...

I mean, I guess it was paced a lot better than ROTJ but still.
>>
>>63914461
>>63914553
The sad fact is they also serve as the much needed additional drafts to mend and flesh out Lucas's rushed, unedited scripts.
>>
4 > 5 > 7 > 6 > 1 > 3 > 2
>>
>>63914553

I understand that but Anakin and Padme's relationship is written almost like a world war 2 relationship where people got together because of the war type of deal and the book carries a lot of context into a world where that isn't apparent so people are like why did they get together..

I mean it is the narrative forcing things instead of it making sense you know? A lot of book filled in those details because they weren't given enough time to do it on screen and I think to some extent, the formula for a starwars movie doesn't allow that kind of time, which is why ESB works, it uses innuendo to fill the gaps and keep the story on other places.

Lucas wanted people to care but he used the wrong approach. He used to use world war 2 themes in his ideas, like the diving fighter short to give a sense of pacing for A New Hope.

So that makes me think he wanted to show the relationship like that but without context of other materials. People are like, why?

The home scene where Padme is interacting with her family is something that was needed, infact I believe it was probably cut because of criticisms of Phantom Menace. It would have been a retread of Anakin's home scenes in a lot of ways, but without that grounding in the beginning, it makes people not care.
>>
I thought Ep. II was good except for the awful romance shit
>>
Also, Episode 1 has a great lightsaber sequence at the end. Probably the best of the entire series.
Nothing can save episode 2 climactic fight, it feels like a cartoon
>>
>>63914760
>good except entire movie

5>4>6>1>3>7>2
>>
>>63914724
5 > 4 > 7 > 6 >= 3 >> 1 > 2
>>
>>63913647

I watched one as a kid and loved it.

Even rewatching it as an adult, there aren't too many issues, besides Jar Jar.

2 was basically a shit movie the entire way through.
Without the section with Obi-wan on kamino the whole movie would be utter garbage. Even then I think the whole kamino plot was poorly conceived, just well acted.

3 was trash, except for the epic lightsaber fight between Anakie and Obi-Wan, which is exactly how I imagined fights would look between 2 seasoned Jedi.

The whole saga is fucking shit though, just set in a cool universe with a cool protagonist in Han Solo.

Force Awakened is an exercise in face-to-orbit cringe.
>>
>>63914964

They did exactly what you said in your second to last line, they pandered to retards like you. Eat your bowl of shit and shut the fuck up.
>>
This movie is in my very soul, tormenting me.
>>
>>63914996
holy shit, calm down
>>
>>63913690
>better than episode 7
bait/10
>>
Yeah ii is the worst

5>4>7>6>3>1>2
>>
e1 is one of the comfiest movies ever made. i understand why it's considered shit but it doesn't stop me from sitting down with some beer and a pizza and shutting off for a few hours and enjoying some cheesy mindless fun.
>>
let's admit the good parts of either film

I
>duel of fates music is AWESOME
>darth maul is cool
>jar jar was awful, but he did give it a boost of energy (all the others were like robots)

II
>...

II has no good points, all the people are boring, Christopher FUCKING Lee is underused, the lightsaber battles are shit, it makes no sense
>>
>>63915215
It has that arena scene before 100000 jedi come in and fight against 2000000 bugs and 30000000 robots

>Like literally, war and peace

Sometimes I wonder what runs through that man's mind.
>>
>>63913647
1 > 3 > 2

1 has some fairly nice settings and scene. It felt more like an adventures movie than 2 and 3.

Trade federation base
Naboo jungle
Under water city
Podracing

Episode 2 is just people talking in front of green screens. The action feels weightless and is boring.
>>
>>63913647
you have hit the nail on the head
>>
>>63913813
this is the objective list
>>
>>63913690
>>
>>63915384
Samefag
>>
>>63914964
>Even rewatching it as an adult, there aren't too many issues, besides Jar Jar.
bro

There's no main character. In the entire movie. How does that not bother you?
>>
why are people rating 7 so highly?

but 1/3 sucked?

what movie did you guys watch
>>
File: small.jpg (30 KB, 300x348) Image search: [Google]
small.jpg
30 KB, 300x348
>>63915414
>plinket drone detected
fuck off you little worm
>>
>>63915506
it's reddit
>>
>>63915414
Time to get educated, prequel basher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yzTSuOkZeE
>>
>>63915581
What the fuck am I watching lmao
>>
>>63915581
How does this guy use a computer with an autism level that high
>>
>>63915414
>>63915581
kek I'm not even a plinkett fanboy.

Really, watch Ep1 again. I admit it has the best fun of the prequels. But everyone in that movie is either boring or sounds like a robot.
>Jinn and Obi-wan only have very strained conversations (the negotiations we short after all)
We don't learn who they are, what drives them etc.
>Padmé
Talks like a robot when she's in and out of her costume.
>Anakin
Is introduced very late and is just plain annoying.
>>
>>63915506
1 and 3 weren't even fun to watch
>>
>>63913813
Nearly perfect list but I is better than VII. If nothing else, I has a much, much better score and a more interesting, original story. And it feels much more like a Star Wars movie.

II is just a really bad, boring movie.
>>
V, IV, VI, I, III, II, VII

I want my fucking money back Abrahms.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 544x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 544x800
>>63913647
It should have been written as a zombie movie, with the Sand People coming en masse to the Lars Homestead, and Anakin and Lars have to defend the women from rape. Then Anakin makes an additional offensive, finds his mother raped and slays the sand people's children. That night he would dream about becoming Vader, etc. etc.

I didn't need all of that shit dialogue about his mother.
>>
>>63915346
This guy gets it. Menace had a lot going for it. So many scenes I'll always be fond of. I mean it had fucking sets. SETS!
Sith was better than Clones only by default, because Clones was a fucking dreary cgi addled mess. Sith had SOME atmosphere about it... I guess.
Phantom Menace though, had the opening (which I genuinely liked), models for ships (some of the time), Maul, great design, great score, the podrace scene was genuinely good and the lightsaber duel was the best in the series.
The Meme Awakens was utter, irredeemable, fan pandering, apologising, poorly paced dreck.
Every character was an up-and-at 'em go getter who just knew what needed to be done right then and there for no reason.
It wasn't even shot properly for a Star Wars movie.
No wipes, too much close ups and shaky-cam and holy fuck the sound design was so off tone for Star Wars.
>I'll just put my helmet in this bucket of sand here
>THUMP (with unnecessary close up)

Also the constant explosions and shit were awful.

This isn't even getting into the tired old issue of fucking shitty cgi.
That orange bitch with the goggles looked less realistic than Monster Inc.

Fucking movie was Battle of Five Armies tier
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.