[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sicario
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: 1422274551255.jpg (144 KB, 1280x1072) Image search: [Google]
1422274551255.jpg
144 KB, 1280x1072
Who was right, /tv/?

Did he do anything wrong?
>>
overrated as fuck, it was good but nothing great

>muh tacticool

literally ZDT tier
>>
Let his wife and child be slaughtered by some narco scum

I'd count that as doing wrong.
>>
How did some lawyer suddenly become an operator?
>>
>>63912902

Not enough cucking for you bitch weak ass.
>>
File: damn, I fucked up.png (408 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
damn, I fucked up.png
408 KB, 1280x536
I was about to turn it off when Jeffrey Donovan showed up, then I kept watching hoping he would come back. Instead, I got Jon Bernthal.

Film was good overall, but felt too much like No Country for Old Men: Benicio Edition.
>>
>>63912963
That was before he became colombian batman
>>
>>63913729

It doesn't say how long it has been since his family was killed. Dude doesn't care about dying, learning tactical skills isn't rocket science.
>>
>>63912845
I liked the part when Emily Blunt gets bullied.
>>
File: The Time Has Come.png (63 KB, 1000x920) Image search: [Google]
The Time Has Come.png
63 KB, 1000x920
>French-Canadian director Denis Villeneuve’s personal moral fascination is what makes his movies’ political topics so greatly compelling. He brings moral seriousness, not topical attitudes, to Sicario’s war on drugs. The title, an arcane hitman-assassin reference, purposely alludes to a group of Jewish Zealots in the a.d. 70 Jewish–Roman war in the Holy Land, in order to broaden — and complicate — an issue that otherwise would be subject to political controversy.

>As in his powerful 2010 film Incendies (about the effect of the war in Lebanon on later generations in North America), Villeneuve closely examines the motivations of his three main characters: local DEA agent Kate Macer (Emily Blunt), federal agent Matt (Josh Brolin), and covert agent Alejandro (Benicio Del Toro). Looking beyond their legal jurisdiction, Villeneuve depicts them as players in a grave human tragedy.

>Villeneuve sees — almost smells — the bloodiness of their efforts. No filmmaker since Sam Peckinpah has handled violence so effectively. “Be alert. Be vigilant. Be aware,” an FBI commander tells his troops. And that’s how Villeneuve directs. His Southwestern landscapes are presented existentially: plane shadows over flesh-like terrain; the Big Earth seen from above, catching microscopic human movements. One extraordinary vista features a sign (Las Biblias es verdad) on a mountainside. It gives an almost numinous perspective on the characters’ vexing, mundane maneuvers. And on the ground, in tunnels, or in hide-outs, the action involves all one’s senses. Sicario is technically superb, with vibrant sound effects and imagery ranging from sun-bright clarity to spectral night-vision by cinematographer Roger Deakins.
>>
Expected more from DV.
>>
File: White Man's Burden.png (49 KB, 300x207) Image search: [Google]
White Man's Burden.png
49 KB, 300x207
>Sicario always returns to human scale — to Kate, Matt, and spooky Alejandro’s political conflicts, which are also moral conflicts, as the film shows how their noblest intentions get thwarted by unforeseen realities. (Brolin’s jug-jawed certainty works on an immediate level, Del Toro’s quiet passion is deeply stirring, but British actress Blunt, alas, isn’t convincing at conveying American temperament.) Sicario recalls the profundity of John Ford’s most sagacious western, Two Rode Together (1961), where moral ambiguities met political exigencies — a complex vision lost in our current, self-absolving, bifurcated culture.

>Most of our movies today trade complexity for partisanship and sensationalism, whether for liberal or conservative ends. But Villeneuve brings back hard thinking and emotional response — a conservative value, and a nearly lost art.
>>
Why did they attack the tunnel? It literally served no purpose whatsoever.
>>
>>63914238
It was a distraction so Blunt wouldn't find out what Del Toro was doing
>>
>>63914274
But it didn't matter anymore because they no longer needed Blunt to be at the operation. She just went to "see things through."
You wouldn't put your Delta Force operators at risk for that.
>>
>it's a women are incapable of understanding the big picture and complains incessantly episode
>>
>>63914274
The distraction was for Del Toro
>>
File: sicario.jpg (51 KB, 630x331) Image search: [Google]
sicario.jpg
51 KB, 630x331
did they do it?
>>
>>63915233
Doubt it. The black guy was full cuck in the movie, arranging her dates, giving her advice on how to look presentable for her white bull et cetera.
>>
>>63912902
>literally zdt tier
Except this managed to avoid most of the cliches zdt fell into. I bet you liked h8ful uno farto as well.
>>
>>63914341
>>63914274
>>63914238
God you people are fucking idiots. The entire purpose of attacking the tunnel was to have on paper that the cia was involved in stopping a drug smuggling operation with assistance from local authorities, literally why fucking blunt was there and why she had to sign the papers, to cover their tracks. The entire fucking purpose was so alejandro could could get into mexico and have a paper trail stating he was operating in the tunnel.

Jesus fuck you dense mother fuckers.
>>
>>63915375
umm but he is a Sicario then why does he need the CIA? isn't this illegal?
>>
>>63915515
>isn't this illegal
Of course it's fucking illegal, that's why on paper he never leaves the tunnel, he's just a consultant, on paper it probably states he sat in the fucking truck the entire time and was just there to advise them on the dangers of a drug smuggling tunnel or some shit.

He's still technically employed by the CIA and will need to continue to operate with them to return control to the more controllable columbian drug cartel.
>>
Benicio did nothing wrong literally.

The decision to hire Sicario as stated in the film was an executive level decision made either by the president or congress, so she had no right to go against that decision.
>>
CON PAZ
CON PAZ
>>
>>63912845
The stuff in between the scene where she sees the "fire works" and the scene where soldiers walk through the sunset were pretty eh.
Also Del Toro gave the guy a wet willie? That doesn't hurt at all
>>
>>63915640
He lubed up his finger to press on his ear drum.
Which really really really fucking hurts, any thing even brushes against your ear drum will cause severe pain.
>>
5/10 at best to be honest with you, family
>>
>>63915753
shake my head to be honest familia
>>
Being a CIA spook seems like a really cool job. They always seem to be one step ahead of the situation in all the movies I've seen.
>>
>>63915896
>CIA are omniscient god-beings
>after the iraq war and rise of ISIS and countless other fuck ups

I like movies where USA are the good guys and shit but come on
>>
>>63915938

Well I remember seeing somewhere that the CIA makes sure their image in movies are portrayed accurately but obviously they're going to exaggerate.
>>
>>63915896
that's what they want you to think to be honest. this flick is literally a CIA recruitment viral.
>>
>>63915896
They made the cartel seem incompetent as fuck in this movie.
>oooo dey big and scary look at dem bodies o mai lawd
>sends 2 car fulls of lazy fucking beaners to deal with 3 suvs full of operators
>your one of the heads of the mexican drug cartel
>only have like 5 guys standing guard
>>
File: 1353688057192.jpg (25 KB, 324x278) Image search: [Google]
1353688057192.jpg
25 KB, 324x278
>>63915976
>butthurt cartel member detected
>>
>>63915976
hola esé
>>
>>63915976
ayyy cabron
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.