[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
daily reminder that this is MOTY and there is nothing u can do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
daily reminder that this is MOTY and there is nothing u can do about it ;)
>>
agreed
>>
File: TFA rt.jpg (45 KB, 698x324) Image search: [Google]
TFA rt.jpg
45 KB, 698x324
>>63912581

NOPE
>>
File: bring-shiny-crome.png (1 MB, 559x828) Image search: [Google]
bring-shiny-crome.png
1 MB, 559x828
Agreed.
The Force Awakens will be remembered as a competent entry in a franchise.
Fury Road will stand on its own.

>>63912790
MEDIOCRE
Though now I'm thinking what based Miller would do if handed a Star Wars deal
>>
>>63912790
GLIB
>>
>>63913243
>Though now I'm thinking what based Miller would do if handed a Star Wars deal

He'd probably just turn it into an entire Universe of Pod Racing on steroids.
>>
>>63913325
As if Post Apocalyptic Pod Racing would be a bad thing.
>That Mandalor Clan teaming up with the Sand People in chasing down our heroes
>Actual functioning Pod Racers were constructed, real Jet packs were used
>>
ITT wannabe classic blockbusters with paid-for positive critical reception
>>
>>63913243
>>63913325
>>63913426
production and filming would take 4 years, throwing off Disney's entire schedule of movies, they fire him and hire the Russo brothers
>>
>>63913243
He'd just make Mad Max in space with his own alien creations.
Or it would be monumentally family friendly. He's a man who works with extremes.

Fuck I'd watch that.
>>
Doof Warrior=Man of The Year?
I don't want to do anything about it, OP. Sounds grand.
>>
>>63912581
It's ok.
But what's FOTY (Film of the Year), COTY (Cinéma of the Year) and KOTY (Kino of the Year)?
>>
>>63912581
It really has beaten out the entire blockbuster year.

Only one I was willing to watch more than once.
>>
>>63913500
Son of Saul

Room

Youth
>>
>>63912581
you are right, OP
And secong best movie is Inside Out
>>
>>63912581

I forgot it even existed until this thread.
>>
>>63913500
Cinema of the year would go to Alamo Drafthouse for having a no children under 6 policy, reasonable ticket and food prices, and strict cell phone use restrictions.

Unless you're pretending to be a patrician by acting like there's another definition of the word cinema just because you put an accent on the e.
>>
>>63913535

I tried watching Inside Out the other day.

Can you tell me why it was good? Because it seemed pretty bad to me. Although I liked some of the animation.

They really needed a logic character and to do more with the concept rather than have them run around chasing balls.

Also she was such a boring character. Most regular kids have much more interesting inner lives than she did. It felt like a bunch of interesting concepts not really fleshed out to their full potential.

Yes, I know it's a kids film. Still, I'm watching it as an adult, and I assume you are too.
>>
>>63913559

It's a shame the chain is run by obnoxious faggots.

And that they serve food in the middle of movies.

No one would should move or talk beyond controlled breathing when you are experiencing cinema.
>>
The most okay movie ever made, a solid 7/10 every day
>>
>>63913325
-Takes place completely on Tatooine with Ewan McGregor reprising his role as middle-aged Obi Wan, only he's more crotchety because of all the heat/sand/lawlessness of the forsaken fucking place
-Speeders, Pod Racers, Tuskan Raiders, and bounty hunters everywhere
-Max Reebo/Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes are out. Some hardcore ripping Wookie shit is in.
-Finale involves big fuck-off barges that put Jabba's to shame.
>>
>>63913594
well, Riley wasn't really the main character, those were Joy and Sadness.
And I simply loved the idea that instead of some nonsense like talking cars or fish, they took an actual scientific model of emotions as their base premise. I think the movie did a great job metaphorically explaining what happend in Rileys head by using the emotion characters.
Also, I really liked the message of the movie. In our culture, that values happiness above all, how often do you get the message that sadness is actually a useful emotion.
>>
>>63913793
How is sadness useful?
>>
>>63913837
According to the movie it's an outlet. She was deeply depressed until she cried her anxieties out at the end.
>>
>>63913500

Film: Madmax
Cinema: TFA
Kino: Love or Hateful 8
>>
>>63913837
it gives you the opprtunity to slow down and think about your situation.
Also, sadness it the basis for empathy
>>
Is /v/eddit really this dumb? It wasn't even the best action movie of the year. Mission Impossible was legitimately better in every way and even used a lot of 'muh practical effects'.

Blackhat was better.
Sicario was better.
Even Spectre was better.

That's before we even start looking at other genres.

The only reason Fury Road is loved here is because of le ebin quotable meme dialogue xD
>>
>>63913974
>Blackhat was better.
>/v/

nope
>>
>>63912790
>Star Wars
>Winning awards

lol
>>
>>63913974
>spectre
>mission impossible five
>blackhat
>better than fury road

You should've stuck with Sicario and nothing else. Shitty bait.
>>
>>63914032
What makes Fury Road better than Mission Impossible 5?
>>
>>63914103
I actually remember Fury Road.
>>
>>63914103
The same thing that made Man from UNCLE better than Mission Impossible 5.
Memorable characters.
>>
File: Capture.png (94 KB, 565x209) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
94 KB, 565x209
You're all wrong, because if we go by RT (the only way to go), this movie is the MOTY for 2015.
>>
>>63913500
Film - Queen of Earth

Cinema - Stations of the Cross

Kino - Evolution
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.