[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the chosen one When will this shitty trope die? SW, Harry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg (70 KB, 475x600) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg
70 KB, 475x600
>the chosen one

When will this shitty trope die?

SW, Harry Potter and Hunger Games use this trope and the result is paper thin Mary sue protagonists.

Lord of the rings on the other side handled it perfectly,showed that everyone can make a difference, in SW if you're not the chosen one you're screwed
>>
>>63912507
jj ayybrams ain't no tolkein tho
>>
>>63912507
you're talking about the oldest known archetype.
go read more fagoli.
>>
>>63912507

>a film about a mythical space race is unrealistic

OP do you even hear how retarded you are
>>
>>63912507

I think you're kind of an idiot, so I'm gonna use your thread for something else.

Screenshot this shit for when the next movie comes out so your mind can get blown: Rey is a clone of Obi-Wan Kenobi.
>>
>>63912544
Rey is a bastardization of that archetype and you know it.
>>
In the OT, there was no Chosen One bullshit.

The weird thing is that the CO thing had been done to death before, to the point that Joss Whedon made fun of it in the Buffy movie/series.
>>
>>63912563
Too realistic. Cloning in movies will never be like irl. Movie clones are always identical twins. Doesn't matter that animals cloned irl are NEVER identical (except for their DNA, of course).
>>
Was half expecting for Rey to pull a Neo saving Serenity bullshit with Finn at the end there. Just reaching with her incredible control of the force all of a sudden and making his heart pump. Like... she would make a pumping motion with her hand and he'd suddenly gasp.
You know, make her like Jesus while you're at it, make her even more fucking perfect.
>>
didn't Yoda always refer to it as the one who will restore balance to the force? he didn't mention if it was for good or evil
>>
>>63912633
>that accent
>dreams of Kamino
>innate skill with the Jedi mind trick
>doesn't use blasters
>easily survives in the desert
>gives Luke his lightsaber
>>
>>63912582
She's an exaggerated version of it
>>
>>63912507
BASTILLA?
>>
>>63912507
Star Wars is and always has been about chosen ones and fate and destiny.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.