[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do we all agree that the freighter scene was shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4096x1716) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4096x1716
It went on and on and on at point where the movie would have benefitted from slowing down. The long drawn out gang confrontation was entirely pointless when they were all dead 10 minutes later.
>>
File: kekekekekekek.jpg (103 KB, 360x452) Image search: [Google]
kekekekekekek.jpg
103 KB, 360x452
I'm sorry the video game pacing of the prequels and a healthy diet of shonen Anime has spoiled you OP.
Perhaps you should get yourself diagnosed with AD&D.
>>
>>63912396
I thought it was pointless, clunky and added nothing to the plot.

But all my friends loved it and especially liked these rolling CGI monsters. I guess it was put there to satisfy the people lusting for some lighthearted action.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>Bring in the guys from The Raid.
>Have them get eaten by CGI monsters without a fight.
>>
>>63912440
>video game pacing of the prequels

This is entirely untrue. It's more apt for TFA. After Jakku there aren't enough moments of calm to allow relationships to grow organically among other things.
>>
>>63912569
>After Jakku there aren't enough moments of calm to allow relationships to grow organically among other things.
They fly the Falcon and do nothing but talk for about 5 minutes, then go to the cantina and only talk for about 10 minutes. These scenes weren't very memorable, sure, but they were there and they were long enough.
>>
The scene reintroduced Han as the cocky, charismatic, smooth talking smuggler we remember him as being. It created a bonding moment for Rey, Finn, Han and Chewie that otherwise wouldn't have happened "Oh you guys have our ship... get the fuck out". The expedited escape allowed for Rey to show off her expertise that impressed Han. That impression led to Han wanting to keep her around.
>>
>>63912666

/thread

OP got rekt
>>
>>63912396
Han Solo randomly entering the film was actually where it started to suck. The whole first act of the film was simple enough to be almost impossible to fuck up, and all the three main characters got decent introductions in spite of Tatooine being the setting.
>>
>>63912396
Not sure if it was shit, but its when I took my tactical bathroom break. Glad I realized it was a slow part of the movie.
>>
>>63912666
That's great, but I felt none of that when I watched it. You explained the concept, but unfortunately the film engendered none of that.
>>
>>63912607
character development started to suffer the longer the movie went on, because the plot wasn't properly designed around the building the characters. the dialogue wasn't memorable because it mostly wasn't grounded in any dramatic surprises or character arcs.

so the character stuff didn't feel like it fit the Death Star III bullshit and just kind of sat there but for a couple of effective scenes.
>>
>>63912396
I fucking loved it. It felt like a vertical slice of Mass Effect in movie form. Wish there was more of it.
>>
>>63912666
The writers also needed a way to alert the first order that Han had the droid.
>>
>>63912666
trips of truth
>>
>>63912666
And the best way to do that was with an extended Guardians of the Galaxy sequence?

We already know who Han is. Some (lighthearted) tension between characters is lacking in this movie. Han immediately falling in love with Rey was stupid. Hugs between Finn and Poe and Rey and Leia are unjustified.

It's JJ forcing relationships on the audience. Just like Lucas did when he put Anakin and Padme together in romantic settings to show they're in love.
>>
Nope, I enjoyed it. Plus random scenes with space mosnters are a staple in this series.
>>
Expect more of that with Rogue One
>>
>>63912957
>Hug between Finn and Poe
>Unjustified
They helped each other escape certain death and then thought the other was dead. A miraculous "HOLY SHIT YOU MADE IT!" moment warrants a hug.

>Hug between Rey and Leia
>Unjustified
Rey watched Han die, Leia and Hans history is well documented. They were comforting each other. It's obvious Han talked to Leia about who Rey was at some point or Rey was the one who relayed the message of his death on the way back to the rebel base.
>>
>>63912835
I can't understand the people that call this a "character driven movie" with everything that happens after Jakku. If it had been an adventure movie with each faction in a race to find Luke, like the opening title crawl says (!), then you could consider it a movie that priorities character over everything else. And we'd get more moments of genuine bonding. This kind of movie would have been a better jumping off point for the two movies to come.

The direction that TFA takes in the second half would be like if Raiders of the Lost Ark was about Indy trying to find the ark before the nazis, and then, with an hour to go, Indy forgets all that and has to stop a nazi super weapon.
>>
>>63913094
No, a hug between Leia and Chewie would have made sense and would actually have had some emotional weight.

Leia and Rey hugging is JJ forcing a relationship that hadn't existed up to that point.
>>
>Looking for girl
>Han makes head gestures
>Girl is saving herself behind black guy

Like I get it was suppose to be comical but it just ended up killing any/all tension and purpose.
>>
>>63912559
I thought they were gonna play the Knights of Ren and then they turn up as a gang to be eaten by big squid monsters that any stock background character could have done.

Maybe they'll still play the Knights of Ren?
>>
>>63912836
Yeah but does Mass effect belong there?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.