[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finn, who has spent his whole life being raised by the evil first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 480x640
Finn, who has spent his whole life being raised by the evil first order to be nothing but a brainwashed mindless soldier who just follows orders, to the point where he has never even had a NAME, is this funny, charismatic, lighthearted guy. The fuck?

Sorry but this completely ruined the immersion for me. He didn't even have any second thoughts in murdering the men he grew up alongside. They could have started him out being abit cold and not sure if he was doing the right thing helping Poe, maybe have him not understanding certain social conventions that he wouldn't have learnt whilst with the first order, then he could have followed an arc and become the funny likeable guy he is. But him being like this from the get go made no sense and made the first order look like a joke.
>>
File: 1434834193322.jpg (23 KB, 510x383) Image search: [Google]
1434834193322.jpg
23 KB, 510x383
>>63912305
if they were writing him as a bloodthirsty brainwashed soldier they'd be FCKIN RACISTS
even in star wars there has to be a funny black guy no matter it doesn't make any sense
>>
>>63912305

It seemed like Finn didn't want to kill his old comrades in the First Order he wanted to run away to the Outer Rim. But circumstances forced him to keep fighting. Like one second he escapes the first order and the next they are back. There was almost no time to think in this movie as is typical of JJ productions. It was all fast action.
>>
File: gundark.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
gundark.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>63912305
>>
>>63912305
You're pretty on point.
I think part of the reason why he had issues killing where no one else did even through brain washing was because force sensitive.
They feel death like no one else.
>>
>>63912509
This probably.
Or because he was originally delegated to janitorial duty (probably due to being declared mentally unfit for combat) and had it more lax than the guys at the frontlines, enough buddy up with those that share a similar fate and start messing around and thinking for themselves.
Phasma probably had high hopes for him, getting attached to the "children" she was assigned in taking care of, thus ordered him on the frontlines despite better judgment to "man him up". He rewarded that by throwing her down the trash compactor.
>>
FN-2187, HOW DOES THE COMMANDANT LOOK?
>>
>>63912305
>First Order
>evil

Leftie pls go.
>>
>>63912623
i bet you're an eu guy
>>
>Goes against a lifetime of indoctrination and training.

"Because it's the right thing to do"

>Horrifically slaughters fellow humans by the hundreds in his escape.
>Probably dozens of men he's known and grown up with since childhood.
>Established to be real people and not clones, probably mostly slaves and PoWs like he was.

"Because it's the right thing to do"
>>
File: it's been a long day.jpg (13 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
it's been a long day.jpg
13 KB, 256x256
FN-2187, POLISH MY BOOTS WHILE I SIT ON YOUR FACE.
>>
>>63912736
How does he know what is right and what is wrong? Nigga doesnt know shit about life outside order.
>>
>>63912686
ALLSHINY SIR
>>
>>63912825
It was the right thing to do.
>>
>>63912305

I get the feeling JJ just threw in the "Stormtroopers are kidnapped and indoctrinated from childhood" part just to make the First Order sound more evil and gave zero thought as to how this might affect his characters.
>>
>>63912912

Does he actually say this? Is it a new meme?
>>
>>63912982
Yes

Small pause, zoom on his face:
It was the right thing to do
>>
>>63912305
>maintainance officer
>First deployment
>Sees a fellow trooper die
>Sees a dark jedi stop a bolt mid air, ordering troops to kill an entire village
>Freaks the fuck out and escapes
Seems pretty believeable though. Also, don't forget the troops weren't allowed to take off their helmets without orders. Probably didn't even know the other storm troopers. Also, I doubt he was a stormtrooper janitor, just maintainance staff, regular joes who drink beer and kid around all the time. He probably was on his first stormtrooper mission.
>>
>>63912982
He said it to Poe when they were escaping
Poe then said "seriously?" and Finn said "Okay I really just want to escape"
It was one of those "joke" moments
>>
>>63913042
A lifetime of preparation and exposure should have normalised this shit to him, at the very least he should be socially stunted from such an upbringing.
>>
>>63913042
dude tr-8r knows finn just by seeing him. finn should be like them, a cold imperial diehard. he doesnt have to be crazed but it would make him more believable if something happened where he got had and had to escape because they were going to execute him. then he teams up with poe because he doesnt want to die and they begrudgingly become friends at the end of this movie. in TFA he meets poe and 5 minutes later theyre laughing at eachothers quips. it doesnt work. han never liked luke until they escaped the death star because he was a real character and transporting luke and obi wan was just another job to him so he could pay off jabba
>>
>>63912305

obviously they were not that strict then, and could have a bit of banter or even mix with civvies
>>
>>63912623
Janitor? In the german Version hes a doctor. Are you kidding me?
>>
>>63913167
>han never liked luke until they escaped the death star because he was a real character and transporting luke and obi wan was just another job to him so he could pay off jabba
This. Also Han immediately likes rey. So bad.
>>
>>63913087
no fag.
it was
"you need a pilot"
"I need a pilot."
>>
>>63913189
Ha, what? He said he did sanitation duty for the First Order.
>>
>>63913188
They obviously didn't have banter if when Poe called him Finn that was the first time anyone had even given him a proper name
>>
>>63913167
>entire empire hunting a person, while knowing his background
TR-8R probably was showed his picture in the mission prep.
>in TFA he meets poe and 5 minutes later theyre laughing at eachothers quips
Han was just shipping Ben and Luke for the money. In the escape scene, both were vital so they had to get along. Also, there is literally no reason to not like the guy who just busted you out. Same as there is literally no reason not to like the guy who flies you off the ship you're trying to escape.
>>
>>63913189
Haha wat
>>
>>63913423
>Same as there is literally no reason not to like the guy who flies you off the ship you're trying to escape.
other than the fact he's a literal nazi soldier?
are you retarded?
>>
>>63913509
>Nazi soldier: Dude, I'm getting you out of Auschwitz
>Prisoner: Nah dude I'm cool, get away from me
Things that nobody said ever
>>
>>63912982
he says it to convince Poe to take him. Poe astutely infers that Finn just needed a pilot.
>>
Somebody mentioned Cell 2187 is the same number as FN-2187, right?
>>
>>63912305
He cleaned the order's shitters.
He probably got made fun of for it.
Of course he's got no sympathy for his old allies.
>>
>>63913189
Please another german confirm this
>>
>>63912305

Child soldiers was already pushing it. Couldn't make him too serious or they might as well got that actual African dude actor
>>
>>63912305
You even said they were brainwashed. Why would you expect the other stomtroopers to have any human empathy? Also everyone seems to forget his "sanitation worker" reveal and that Jakku was his first combat outing before he ran. Finn was hardly a hardened soldier.
>>
>>63912305
i do wonder: is it canon that the Empire brainwashes the stormtroopers?
>>
I think the brainwash wasnt that 100 percent effective. Just like those two troopers who heard Ren's tantrum then turned around. The human side isnt completely wiped from them.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.