[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Trek Beyond thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (119 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
119 KB, 1920x1080
Are you guys worried about it? Would you rather have Abrams behind it? What about the trailer? Even Simon Pegg disliked it.
>>
i remember walking out of star trek (09) feeling optimistic that the franchise still had a chance, some concerns that it was trying to dumb itself down to become a bit more appealing to the masses, but the movie had an energy that was almost magical and worked on several levels. i was so happy that it wasn't going to die, not yet.

then into darkness happened. i honestly can't think of a more infuriating and disappointing 3rd act in a movie. it ruined not only that movie (which was terrible) but retroactively hurt the first movie too. it was a sickeningly brutal experience that i hope never to repeat.

so based on that and the god awful star trek beyond trailer, im gonna pass, and i even find myself rooting for it to fail and die.

as a trek fan, i hope that this movie is not only as bad as it's trailer, but somehow worse.

how did this happen so quickly..
>>
I'm hopeful pegg & lin will save it.
>>
>>63910626
Does anyone care about this franchise? Hardcore Trek fans don't and it makes dick compared to capeshit and Star Wars.
>>
Chris Pine's hair looks gay in the trailer
>>
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/chris-pine-deeply-regrets-not-getting-jack-ryan-right-1201388184/

no jack ryan 2
>>
>>63910626
I still think it might be very good. It won't be a Star Trek film, but it might be as good as the first reboot.

It's like you've all forgotten Sabotage was already used in that film. Oh wait, you have.

But this is /tv/ where everyone judges movies based on trailers even though that medium favors the likes of Zack Snyder.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRVD32rnzOw

>This time we're going..... BEYOND

jesus christ really?
>>
>>63910900
>zack snyder
justin lin byebye
>>
sick of the new trek universe now desu
>>
>>63910626
>Would you rather have Abrams behind it?
Yeah, 2009 was great. STID was more about Abrams being out of touch with the ST universe. No one wants an old story done again, just make up something new.
>>
>>63910939
>comparing lin to snyder
erm, justin makes films people actually like
>>
I hate Justin Lin so much. His only decent movies are Better Luck Tomorrow and Fast Five.
>>
>>63910900
We didn't forget, we hated it in Star Trek '09 and we hate it now.
>>
>>63911278
>we
I liked it and I have been into Trek since I was five.
>>
This is Enterprise's fault, that show was confused from the start. If they actually just took a break from Star Trek for a while instead of riding the wave of success that TNG started then we might have a good a series. With that series they could have waited some more, until around now, and made another series.

Honestly, the Star Trek films, as a whole, have been pretty bad. It is meant to be a series, even a mini series involving the Equinox would be great.
>>
>>63911451
Are you 11 now?
>>
You know what would make this movie good?

If they somehow, some way, completely killed Riker.

I don't know why he's involved in almost every series, but I want him dead.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.