[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /tv/ feel about this one then? Personally I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 15
File: Screenshot_2015-12-21-09-41-10.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-21-09-41-10.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
How does /tv/ feel about this one then?

Personally I don't mind. In don't think hermione was ever described as white anyway
>>
>>63910243
IT'S A FUCKING PLAY
>>
>>63910259

Your face is a fucking play
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 724x611
>movieplebs are shocked and upset by a theater production engaging in colorblind casting
>clickbaiters acting like this is a new or rare occurrence
>>
>>63910308
BTFO
T
F
OFTB
>>
>>63910243
It can't be wore than before anyway, since Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King
>>
File: Ogre.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ogre.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
I wanted to see Emma blacked but not like this.
>>
File: 1444392527775.jpg (41 KB, 251x221) Image search: [Google]
1444392527775.jpg
41 KB, 251x221
>>63910308
Holy shit Kek
>>
>>63910460

>anime

>>>/a/
>>
>>63910521
Nani, desuka?
>>
File: 1439554010450.jpg (25 KB, 922x391) Image search: [Google]
1439554010450.jpg
25 KB, 922x391
>>63910308
Anon on suicide watch.
>>
>>63910418
This anon gets it.

Everyone is stupid and we should just watch and laugh at it.
>>
>>63910243
>I don't think Hermione was ever described as white
>Hermione is described as white in PoA
>Hermione's white face was sticking from behind a tree

BTFO
>>
>>63910243
>shitty play no one will know or care about
>blackwash a character
>center of attention

A good fucking business decision is what it is.
>>
>>63910418
>4chin hates affirmative action
>Gets upset when whites lose "their" roles

>>63910887
Her race was never even mentioned. All we got was her hair and teeth
>>
File: megakek.jpg (51 KB, 452x419) Image search: [Google]
megakek.jpg
51 KB, 452x419
>>63910308
Fucking rekt.
>>
File: 654153.png (136 KB, 472x359) Image search: [Google]
654153.png
136 KB, 472x359
it's a fucking play, who cares?
>>
she was described as white in prisoner of azkaban but honestly who gives a shit it's creative license and if you seriously care about what colour her skin is it's pretty embarrassing

i'm more irate than 1) the actress isn't fuckable and 2) Ron isn't a redhead tbphwu f^m(ily)
>>
File: 1436553716743.jpg (20 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1436553716743.jpg
20 KB, 258x245
>>63910308
BASED
>>
>>63910954
Nigger, go grab a copy of Prizoner of Azkaban. Page 401. Read that shit and tell me it wasn't mentioned.
>>
To get funding nowadays, a diversity officer is required and at least one main character needs to come from a diverse background, and so do 30% of the onstage cast.
>>
>>63910452
That was thorough, thank you.
>>
>>63911120
The one where it mentions her hair? Sorry, I can't recall HP books off the top of my head.
>>
>>63911248
No, the one where it literally mentions Hermione having a "white face."
>>
>>63910243
They forgot to mention that both actors are gay. Or is that not fashionable anymore?
>>
>>63911427
That means afraid or shocked, anon. I'd ask for context, but you already know I'm right
>>
>>63910243
>west end play
Zero fucks given, only faggots and women care about that outdated entertainment medium anyway
>>
>>63911163
>at least one main character needs to come from a diverse background

The funny thing is they don't even care.

"Diversity" just means non-white. You could have an all-black cast of Shakespeare and it'd be called diverse.

The progressive left is mentally ill.
>>
>>63910243
This shit happens all the time with plays and musicals. The only time anyone gets upset and 'shuts it down' is when a white person is castes as MLK or something.
>>
File: 50cent.jpg (18 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
50cent.jpg
18 KB, 300x298
>>63910243
Was a spell accidentally cast on her?

"niggerus becomus!"
>>
>>63911502
Alright, what about the fact that she's literally always been portrayed as white in the book covers? Or the fact that she's described as pale in certain scenes.

You're wrong, family.
>>
Now I get why everyone called her mudblood.
>>
>>63911592
Book covers aren't cannon. Her race was never mentioned so you're free to imagine her as whatever you want (probably white in your case). That's the beauty of literature.

Also, pale is often used to show that a person is afraid or shocked.
>>
>>63911706
Then why black? Why not Asian?
>>
>>63910243
She was a ginger in the movies, might as well be a nigger
>>
>>63911502
Never been whitefaced.

Source: Am a nigger. Can confirm.
>>
>>63911706
she's white you fucking dumdum
>>
>>63911706
Alright then. How about the fact that J.K. Rowling's sketches of her own characters portray Hermione as white. There's even a sketch with Dean Thomas who was at the time named "Gary Thomas" and Dean was not revealed to be black until J.K. told Chris Columbus that while they were casting for Sorcerer's Stone.
>>
>>63911735
Ask the producers of the play.

>>63911761
It's a literary technique and you're lying anyway
>>
>>63910243
I'll be honest, I just don't care. I won't see it anyway.
>>
>>63911815
Literary technique my ass and definitely not lying.
>>
>>63911761
>Am a nigger. Can confirm.

Back to /reddit/ with your shitty memes.
>>
>>63911706
Nignogs don't go pale when they are shocked.
>>
I don't have an issue because it's not like this is canonical but rather a re-imagining or interpretation of the work by someone. It's just a local production. This is no different than some all boys/girls schools who have to cast a man as a woman or a woman as a man because it's all they have to work with.
>>
>>63911802
>Alright then. How about the fact that J.K. Rowling's sketches of her own characters portray Hermione as white

That's how she saw her, but she also left her race out while describing other features she had. This lets people of other races identify with her and doesn't take away from the story. She was white in the films and probably white in your head, doesn't mean she can't be black, asian or whatever in someone else's head.

>>63911855
3/10
>>
>>63910243
She was though in official artwork and in book 3 after her holidays in France.
>>
This thread isn't even about the play anymore. People are just spamming if Rowling said she was white or not. And guess waht, that also means nothing.
>>
>>63911913
Well considering the fact that I actually fucking pay attention to what I read. As I pointed out already. Hermione is explicitly stated as white. But no shit people can make up a race for her....those people are wrong.
>>
>>63911706
What other race has brown wavy hair?

Niggers, Arabs, Indians, Asians etc all have black fucking hair.
>>
Looks pretty fucking white to me
>>
>>63912058
Here you go, brown hair.

>>63912024
>Hermione is explicitly stated as white

But she isn't and that's where this issue is coming from
>>
>>63912098
She's trying to be polite. I mean we can post her this, other canon-approved art or passages from PoA where Hermione is "darker" after her holidays but this may make things worse and Hermione may get canonized as black in future works.
>>
>>63912144
>Black people don't tan

Wanna know how I know you grew up in a white suburb?

No one gives her shit for mentioning the races of the two male main characters. Why do think she wouldn't mention Hermione's?
>>
>>63910452
Nice pasta.
>>
>>63912133
I just told you where to look as well as the line that states it. That's like saying "Lee Jordan is not black, because she only said 'he was a boy with dreadlocks in a small crowd'", then ignoring that he was casted as such in the movies.

So, you're telling me. That Hermione is the only fucking character in the book subject to this debate, and that J.K. being involved in the casting and her picking the people closest to what she imagined them looking like meant nothing.
>>
>>63912270
Well there's nothing saying that Potter was white or straight either so what's the problem?
>>
>>63912218
Just look at the god damn sketches she made herself

You've got to be a special kind of deluded to ever think she was supposed to be remotely black.
>>
>>63912270
Movies =/= the book. Hermione is white in the movies, no one is trying to take that away from you.

Hermione is the only main character subject to this debate. I'm sure there are others who's race isn't brought up, but they're not important so it doesn't matter.

>>63912339
If she had truly wanted Hermione to be white in everyone's minds, she would have mentioned it in the damn books. As I've said, the sketches are how she sees her character, but she left it open to interpretation by the reader
>>
>>63912376
Nothing that mentions Hermione being cis or neurotypical either.
>>
>>63912376
Anyone would realize that she's white so she didn't have to explicitly state "she's white you retards"

She didn't "leave it open to interpretation", she just didn't have to write it out like that since she had already written about her white face sticking out, ok'd the artwork where she is white and even done her own fucking sketches where she's white.

Stop fucking trying to change the race of people who're clearly white. Fuck you nigger
>>
>>63912458
> she had already written about her white face sticking out

She wrote about Hermione's teeth, not her race.

>people who're clearly white

She's whatever race you want her to be since it wasn't even mention in any book senpai.

>>63912450
Well she did end up marrying Ron. She probably was autistic tho
>>
>>63912376
>Hermione is the only main character subject to this debate. I'm sure there are others who's race isn't brought up, but they're not important so it doesn't matter.

Pft. Of course. So, fuck Lavender Brown and her rapey ass ways....and also the fact that she was never described. Except for when Harry thinks that he can't tell Ron and Lavender's limbs apart when they were making out. Must totally be asian, hispanic, black, etc. Right? Right. I mean come on. Like he can't tell, so logically. They can't be a similar race at all.
>>
>>63912515
Absolute bullshit. She definitely did mention her race.
>>
>>63912515
She wrote about her white face sticking out as well you fucking spook

It's already mentioned in this fucking thread
>>
>>
>>63912667
No, she didn't. Hermione's hair and teeth were described and you filled in the rest.

>>63912645
>Lavender Brown
>Main character

Are you pretending to be retarded?

>>63912692
>It's already mentioned in this fucking thread

It wasn't. What book are you even talking about?
>>
>>63912758
Are you fucking blind?

It's mentioned right here
>>63910887
>>63911120
One post even has the fucking page number. Prisoner of Azkaban page 401.
>>
Come to think of it, was it ever explicitly stated that she wasn't a tranny? could have a found a decent black male actor tbqh.

Is boyega busy?
>>
>>63912832
Idris Elba as Hermione in the re-shoots confirmed
>>
>all these plebs that have no idea of theatre
>>
>>63912758
Except for when I didn't because as someone else just pointed out, I posted both the quote and page number.

And fine. How about Albus Dumbledore.
>His blue eyes were light, bright, and sparkling behind half-moon spectacles and his nose was very long and crooked.
Probably doesn't say he's white. Those characteristics do.

And again. Somehow you missed the fucking proof right at the top of the thread
>>
>>63910954
Let have women be played by men in wigs again.

Let's see how fast you fags get upset.

>2015
>no genderblind casting

I mean, COME ON.
>>
>>63912832
She had a baby senpai

>>63912823
>Hermione's white face was sticking from behind a tree

And like I mentioned before, the color of her face is used to show fear. It's when they're in the middle of freeing buckbeak. You retards made me grab my book, I'm done being autistic today. Hermione is white in the movie and your minds and there's no point in continuing this conversation

>>63912932
He's a fucking main character you dumbshit. The big question is whether he's gay or not
>>
>>63912994
Yes, it's used to show fear, but the fucking word "white" can't describe anything other than a white person's scared face.

If she was a nigger Rowling wouldn't have used the term "white" you stupid fuck, she could've said something like "pale" or "flushed" but not white.

A nigger would have to be really fucking scared for her face to go white you intentionally retarded fucking cunt
>>
Idris Elba as Bond? You must be mental, James Bond can't be black!
>>
File: 1328415822779.jpg (2 MB, 2796x1800) Image search: [Google]
1328415822779.jpg
2 MB, 2796x1800
>>63913070
>>
>>63912994
>The color of her face is used to show fear.
>I'm done being autistic today

You're obviously not. The day you meet a black person with a white face that does not have vitiligo. You let me know.

Also. Wait. So, I'm pretending to be retarded for mentioned Lavender as a Main, when that wasn't even the intention. But, when mention an actual main. I'm still retarded because the question isn't what his race is but if he's gay. Okay.
>>
>>63913109
That's right, you realized how fucking pointless it is to keep trying to change her race and just gave up

But I don't understand why you feel the need to take our characters in the first place. Dean is a nigger, Angelina Johnson is a nigger and Lee Jordan is a nigger. Plenty of minorities already in there

She even included a couple of curryniggers, a chink and a kike for good measure
>>
>>63913070
I cant speak for blacks but I am non white and my language have the equivalent of turning white in fear. I always thought its just a literary thing .. no ones face actually turn white.
>>
>>63913216
But that still doesn't make sense because she didn't write that her face is turning white, but that is WAS white.

Therefor she can't be anything other than white, since any other race would have a different colored face just slightly paler.
>>
>>63913270
This also the fact that if her face was turning white. That usually means she's went flush. Which she probably would have wrote that as...but she didn't. Going flush would also be the least confusing thing to as well, because it doesn't specify a color for her face to turn.
>>
>>63913206
>our characters

I guess Hitler would be glad you're defending "white" characters (she's totes whatever you want her to be tho senpai).
>>
>>63913614
I don't know about Hitler but I sure do know that you was KINGZ N SHIEET
>>
File: 1450683829920.png (123 KB, 629x850) Image search: [Google]
1450683829920.png
123 KB, 629x850
>>63911706
>Her race was never mentioned
Nice factual statement.
>>
>>63911502
Book 3 'Hermione's white face', niggers don't get a white face ever. Book 5 'Hermione, whose face was white', again, nigger's faces don't get pale for any reason.

She comes back from holiday and has a tan, she is cold and her cheeks get pink, she is embarrassed and her cheeks go red.

She is also intelligent, has two employed parents, and Rowling's own illustrations depict her as white and when she cast the film she cast a white girl and never misses an opportunity to describe how 'diverse' her characters are.

You're just a fucking idiot, this 'who says they're white' argument is all you retards ever have and shows that you probably can't even read, just like your pet apes.
>>
File: cersei-lannister.jpg (22 KB, 237x233) Image search: [Google]
cersei-lannister.jpg
22 KB, 237x233
>mfw SJWs turning the most talented kid into a black
>mfw SJWs will replace the muggle-born insults with whites insulting her for being black
>>
>>63910243
People are focusing on Hermione for obvious reasons, but they all look miscast. Harry looks more of a ginger than Ron there.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.