[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HEY /TV/ DID YOU LIKE THIS MOVIE??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 15224930.jpg (46 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
15224930.jpg
46 KB, 500x500
HEY /TV/ DID YOU LIKE THIS MOVIE??
>>
>>63908962
I wish the 27-28 yr old PTA made it. The boogie nights one. That would've been something. This old respectable John Huston PTA is boring af
>>
yeah and I loved it
>>
>>63908962
I liked it but didnt love it.
It felt like watching a guy play an RPG. Gets the main quest and 2 sidequests and does a little bit of each as he goes along.
Also Joaquin Phoenix in real life is an animal rights loving tree hugging vegie endorsinghippie.
>>
Hard to follow at times.
>>
>>63908962

I liked it better the first time when I saw it in the late 90's and it had John Goodman in it.
>>
I loved it. Has quickly become an alltime favorite which says something for a lifetime movie lover.
>>
File: 1449563638641.jpg (313 KB, 960x1226) Image search: [Google]
1449563638641.jpg
313 KB, 960x1226
>>63908962

I like Detective films

I like stoner movies

This is both.
>>
It's PTA's worst film to date.
>>
>>63911169
>liking lifetime movies
>>
>>63911169
What a stupid thing to say.
>>
>>63910567
It's confusing because it's supposed to convey the atmosphere of Pynchon's novel. I think it's the first time that his novel is put on screen, which is really hard to do. And it's confusing because this describes the état d'esprit of the main character and not just him but the whole atmosphere of the post 60's era. And on a second viewing it's much more clearer and you can see how well directed the film is. This is also a highly conceptual film, in that it finishes the trilogy that PTA started with "There will be blood" and continued with "Master".
>>
>>63909239
Why do you care about their personal life? Are you one of those people that refuses to see a Woody Allen, Polanski, or Gibson film? Also, tree hugging and vegetarian/vegan describes enough actors to the point that all films are unwatchable for you.
>>
DUDE
DRUGS
LMAO
>>
>>63908962
the first time i watched i didn't like it, i came from reading the book

i watched it recently and it was fucking great
>>
>>63911790
You simply have to watch it another time to appreciate how trully great the film is, whole new details are discovered on the second viewing and you can better appreciate how wonderfully complex it is.
>>
>>63908962
No. It was Big Lebowsky but the plot is even more confussing and pointless. Great cinematography and cool scenes and atmosphere, but I can say I liked it as a film
>>
>>63911169
I love the whole, let's called it "PTA American History Trilogy": "There Will be Blood" and "Master" were also GOAT.
>>
>>63908962
I did yes, thank you for asking.
>>
>>63911939
It was nothing like Big Lebowsky. Yes it's about a stoner and whatnot but that's about it. Whole different experience.
>>
>>63911740
>the trilogy that PTA started with "There will be blood" and continued with "Master".
trilogy about what?

It's confusing because it's supposed to convey the atmosphere of Pynchon's novel

cool. great, seriously, but it's not an excuse. If the novel makes a bad movie, don't make the movie.
>>
>>63911970
dude, it's big lebowsky. Every character feels just taken from that movie
>>
>>63911939

exactly

see
>>63910927
>>
>>63911939
The whole point is that's it confusing and pointless, like the era was confusing and how all the '60s hippy strugless seemed pointless then.
>>
You're supposed to be confused, that's the point.
>>
Got bored with the novel and stopped reading partway through, wlked out the movie halfway
>>
>>63912022
Uhh

'No'.
>>
>>63911997
>>63911970

Lebowski. With an "i".
>>
Bad movie. Great film.
>>
File: 125235.jpg (67 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
125235.jpg
67 KB, 1920x1080
The only good parts are the ones with Josh Brolin.
>>
>>63911979
trilogy about key and formative moments in American history. Think about it.
>>
>>63912104

That's not a trilogy. That's a vague, loose, connection, and none of them were about moments.
>>
>>63908962
Well, it's not Disney's Star Wars: Force Awakens in IMAX 3D. But it's ok I guess
>>
>>63912022
you can show confused hippies and not confuse the audience. not saying that this movie should be like this, confssing the audience is a legitimate choice, but you have to make it work somehow. Lebowski worked fine, this, IMHO, didn't
>>
>DUDE WEED LMAO
>>63908997
this
>>
>>63912104
you could say that about every movie he made. This movie focus on a particular group of people and they didn't really had much to say about america
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.