[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I honestly liked The Force Awakens, thought it was a 7/10 movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: traitors.jpg (37 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
traitors.jpg
37 KB, 600x350
I honestly liked The Force Awakens, thought it was a 7/10 movie but one scene just bugged me so much.
>Chewie and Han are pinned down
>Chewie using the Bowcaster
>Can I try that gun?
>Shoots a couple storm troopers
>Something along the lines of "I LIKE THIS GUN!"
Of all the quips in the movie I thought this was by far the most awkward and unnecessary. It pulled me out of the movie immediately. Why couldn't Han have just smirked or whistled or done anything other than awkwardly deliver such a silly unnatural goddamn line.
And it doesn't even make sense in the context of the story. Are we really supposed to believe that after decades of adventuring together Han never once fired the bowcaster, and then all of a sudden at this specific battle just became super interested in it?
Maybe I'm being autistic but I hated this scene so much and I honestly think that removing it would have made the movie at least a little better.
>>
>>63908813

>Maybe I'm being autistic

Yes, yes you are.
>>
>>63908813
I find it weird that in all the years they'd traveled together Han never tried it before.
>>
You know exactly what that scene was for.
http://www.hasbro.com/en-us/product/star-wars-nerf-episode-vii-chewbacca-bowcaster:47BF4B7F-5056-9047-F5BA-EAA1594BED42
>>
I won't lie, I thought the exact same thing

40 fucking years and he never once tried the bowcaster?
>>
>>63908846

Same
>>
File: 21 - rsbwono.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
21 - rsbwono.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>63908813

First off.

Doesn't the bowcaster shoot green bolts?

Also, doesn't it only work with wookies because the recoil breaks the shoulders of any smaller species trying to use it?

Or is that all LOL JEW JEW ABRAMS AND DISNEY RAPING THE LORE AGAIN LOL
>>
>>63908896
that was my first thought too
>>
>>63908878
>>63908878
Yup. Never. That's the fucking joke.

YOU FUCKING AUTISTS
>>
File: 8jsyDgj.jpg (29 KB, 344x291) Image search: [Google]
8jsyDgj.jpg
29 KB, 344x291
>>63908824
>legit criticism of the movie
>dude even said he liked the movie
>lol, autist
>>
>>63908813
Han deserved a funeral desu or at least more acknowledgment than a 20 second rage scene from Chewbacca.
>>
>>63908846
>>63908888
That's the joke...
>>
>>63908813
Man this bugs me too I made a few posts about it. Also how it shoots a fucking powerful shot but has no recoil, it should only be able to be handled by chewie because his retard strength. Also it didnt move kylo back an millimeter after he got shot in his penis.
>>
>>63908944
Only Vader got any sort of funeral scene in Star Wars (and Qui Gon if you consider the prequels to be canon).

This is a fun space adventure series, we really didn't need Han getting buried.
>>
>>63908933
>>63908955
But
that's a terrible joke
>>
>>63908998
>thinks they're an authority on comedy
>also doesn't understand SW is for children

no hope left for you anon
>>
>>63908955
Thats a retarded fucking joke.
>>
Abrams has ruined so many things in The Force Awakens, ruined the lore so much that you just stop caring at some point desu

I just imagine the whole thing is its own seperate timeline from the rest of the universe desu
>>
desu senpai Abrams really is an absolute cuck with this film
>>
File: youfuckingidiot.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
youfuckingidiot.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>63909098
>too stupid to get a kids joke
>"I-I'm not retarded! It's the joke that's retarded!"

kek
>>
>>63908896
That's all from the EU I guess so it's not real anymore. But yeah, the green bolts thing was my first thought too
>>
han only said that so when Kylo Ren gets shot with the bowcaster you know that he really took a pretty intense shot to the stomach
>>
File: 1449473272566.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1449473272566.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>63908984
>laser weapons work the same as firearms with bullets and gunpowder because ???
>>
>Hey, can I try that?
>I like it!

These are the sorts of things an old man on the verge of senility would say in that situation. So those lines are perfect fine. It really tickled me the way Han asked Chewy. I almost expected him to go, "Pretty please?"
>>
>>63908813
what does chewie do with that thing he wears? is that ammo or dog treats or what?
>>
>>63908846
You can say the exact same thing about Chewbaccas giant wookiee cock.
>>
>>63908933
>>63908955
oh then in that case AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>63909442
Because these are blasters actually behaving like plasma and making storm troopers fly away when they get shot.
>>
Actually that's the second time he fires it in the movie
>>
>republic and new order
>guys working for the republic are called the resistance

the fuck does that even mean, you're the republican army, you aint resisting shit
>>
>>63910165
The Republic and the First Order have a treaty that says there will be peace. Leia and others that aren't retarded know the First Order will just build up weapons and fight the Republic anyway, so they form the Resistance.

The Republic funds and supports the Resistance under the table because those that aren't stupid in the Republic know the same thing; that the First Order will fuck them up if they don't fight them. But the Republic can't openly fight them.

Basically it's just an excuse to have rebels vs imperials again, just like in the original movie. This entire new movie was basically a remake of ANH.
>>
>>63910285
None of that is mentioned in the movie
>>
>>63909226
/thread
>>
>>63910305
But it's still the canon reasoning. I don't know what book or whatever it's from but it's been established.
>>
>>63908813
I actually agree OP.. It does not make great sense.
>>
>>63910366
There was no reason not to put it in the opening crawl tho
>>
>>63909442
The bowcaster actually fires as huge fucking bolt encased in plasma, at least that is the "old" data why they are so much more powerfull and why not everyone use them, the recoil is suposed to be retarded.
>>
>>63908896
>>63908932
>>63909223

No. Chewie fires his bow in ESB when checking for mynochs attached to the MF. The laser is clearly RED.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.