[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the jedi always near extinct in every movie and game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 250x105) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 250x105
Why are the jedi always near extinct in every movie and game? Are they really that bad at military strategy to get c ucked by the sith everytime?
>>
>>63908402
I actually never thought of that. They really are pretty much always nearly extinct. The prequels not so much, but in lots of EU...
>>
There were a ton more Jedi than Sith in Ep 1-3.
>>
>>63908402
They're all over the place in KOTOR
>>
>>63908454
EU got btfo.
None of it is relevant until it's recycled into the new episodes.
>>
>>63908508
And every single one of them dies. Like why even be a jedi when you're odds of survival as a clonetrooper are higher?
>>
>>63908402
>where are there no Jedi except in the three films where there are a shitload of them

anyway, it's because Jedi are like Knights of the Round table, they have to be rare or their mystique is gone.

just like magic swords and dragons and other fantasy plot elements are better off used sparingly, see Game of thrones.
>>
well if they try to procreate they become self destructive edgelords who want to kill all their friends

like seriously i've always dug the space samurai thing but the whole "jedi code" doesn't make any fucking sense
>>
>>63908568
I know. I'm commenting on it being an overused trope.
>>
>>63908402
Cos the force is an asshole.
>>
>>63908402
Genetics.
The jedi find someone with really high midichlorian count. They take him in as a jedi, and just like that he's out of the gene pool. Really high midichlorian count never gets passed on.
>>
>>63908402
>yfw luke didn't say the line he was famous for "kept you waiting huh?"
>>
You can say cuck now, OP.
>>
jedi are good, the rebellion is good. the good has to be overwhelmed by the evil for there to be tension.

it has less to do with their military/war experience than their plot convenience.
>>
>>63908402
>Why are the jedi always near extinct in every movie and game?
they use close proximity weapons in a gun fight
>>
>>63908402
The whole lone gunman/samurai dynamic requires the hero to be an outsider. How better to explain this outsider than through lack of colleagues?
>>
>>63908402
Because the movies are better if the heroes are underdogs. There's not much tension if they're hundreds of Jedi and 7 Knights of Ren.
>>
>>63908402

It boggles the mind.

You can only have two Sith at any given time, and you can have infinite Jedi depending on, uh, Midichlorian counts..., yet the Jedi are just getting buttfucked endlessly.

They just suck. I can't stand them.
>>
>>63908402
cuck desu senpai baka
>>
Jedi are dumbasses. There's literally nothing wrong with the Empire/First Order.
>>
>>63910070
This is just not true. The Sith were gone for 1000 years. 1000 years of the Jedi running the galaxy, then the Sith come back, rule for 20 years and get BTFO again by a lone Jedi Knight. The Order of Ren aren't even Sith, they're something else.
>>
my guess is that Luke will discover that the early jedi weren't emotionless monks

you need a balance between dark and light
>>
>>63908402
Well, they were not in the prequels. it was only near the end.

Plus Luke actually TRIED to bring back the Jedi Order. Kylo Ren just went off and became a huge asshole and killed them.
>>
>>63908402
cuck is no longer filtered
>>
>>63908402
The force has to continually fuck up both sides to keep in balance.
>>
>>63910108
>>63910383
>>63909974
Im gonna trust you guys

cuck
>>
>>63910044
Those 7 ?
>>
>>63910412
Whoohoo you did it.
>>
>>63910412
holy cuck
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.