[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're the Worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 14
File: 281776-1.jpg (218 KB, 680x1000) Image search: [Google]
281776-1.jpg
218 KB, 680x1000
What did you guys think of this? It's this months featured show on BTN so I just marathoned it.
I thought Season 1 was stronger, funnier and more interesting overall but Season 2 wasn't exactly bad, I just didn't like where they went with Gretchen. It did hit close to my feels though, so maybe I was just uncomfortable.
>>
File: mpv-shot0016.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0016.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
main qt getting a foot rub from foot guy lead
>>
i like the neighbor
>>
File: mpv-shot0019.jpg (186 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0019.jpg
186 KB, 1280x720
>>63906759
The kid? Yeah he's cool.
>>
File: 1446265297368.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446265297368.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
File: mpv-shot0020.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0020.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>63906925
That house of horror shit was mad, is that an actual thing in the land of the free?
>>
>>63906502
>this months featured show on BTN

what are these words?
>>
>>63907476
BroadcasTheNet? Every month the staff feature a popular show on the homepage that they think people might like. Or the users might vote for it, I can't remember.

Last month it was Nathan For You, for example.
>>
So, how are you liking this show overall? I remember seeing previews for it and it looked entertaining but I never bothered to check it out. This and Married looked funny, I'll have to give them both a shot sometime soon.
>>
File: mpv-shot0021.jpg (91 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0021.jpg
91 KB, 1280x718
>>63907569
It's different in a nice way. Every time you think the writers are going to dive in to some shit romantic comedy cliche and end a relationship or whatever they flip at the last moment and you stay interested.
>>
>>63906502
Season 1 is GOAT as a date show friendo
>>
I liked S2 a lot. It wasn't as funny as S1, but it added much more depth and substance.
>>
>>63907569
married got canceled unfortunately
>>
>>63906502
I thought the second season was just as good, or even better than the first. If you haven't seen season 1 since it was first on, it's totally worth watching again after watching season 2, the number of callbacks I missed was staggering. Just little things like when Paul is living in his friend's backyard and he tells that really dark story about how the wife got dragged on her bike, I had totally forgotten that you actually meet that couple for about 15 seconds in season 1.

Also I really dig how they let Vernon and Paul shine this season, those two killed it in every scene they were in, and especially when they were together.

Overall, already one of the best and most quotable sitcoms ever in my mind and I hope it enjoys a long run.
>>
>>63907691
>tfw no outgoing improv qt gf
>>
File: GOATvernon.gif (2 MB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
GOATvernon.gif
2 MB, 500x289
>>63908060
Married was pretty 'meh' tier, my ex liked it better than You're the Worst and that was the moment I realized she was a pleb with shit tier taste and the beginning of the end for us.

>tfw you can make your own trash juice and breakfast nachos, pizza, and lasagna

https://archive.is/o0IfU
>>
>>63908270
but muh judy greer
>>
File: 1449822527864.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1449822527864.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>63908240
Dorothy is incredibly annoying tbqh and only made me laugh once, specifically when she threw out guesses for Jimmy's halloween costume. The whole standup plotline was the only thing I wasn't onboard with this season really.

>tfw introvert gfs are better b/c they dont get nearly as much dick swung in their direction
>>
>>63908378
>>>/trash/
>>
>I thought Season 1 was stronger, funnier and more interesting overall but Season 2 wasn't exactly bad
Agreed, season one had a distinct arc, direction, and clear premise, two toxic emotional retards discovering their compatibility for one another, and the trials that ensue
This season doesn't have that same kind of focus so much as several dramatic plots, most of which only encompass parts of the season. Good writing all round, but very meandering and nothing like the first.
Great theme song.
>>
File: mpv-shot0023.jpg (91 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0023.jpg
91 KB, 1280x718
>>63908482
>his season doesn't have that same kind of focus so much as several dramatic plots, most of which only encompass parts of the season
I actually found myself skipping the ancillary plot lines in the last few episodes because I was only really emotionally invested in Gretchen and Jimmy. I wanted to care about the others but I just didn't.

That could be because I'd just watched 20 episodes in a row though.
>>
File: HighViscosityAndOpacity.png (2 MB, 1281x713) Image search: [Google]
HighViscosityAndOpacity.png
2 MB, 1281x713
>mfw Tom has a crazy good singing voice
>>
File: Osteoperos.png (1 MB, 1276x716) Image search: [Google]
Osteoperos.png
1 MB, 1276x716
GOAT Vernon
>>
File: Kek.png (2 MB, 1274x715) Image search: [Google]
Kek.png
2 MB, 1274x715
>>63908399
>Daily reminder that your shit waifu was dumb enough to almost to squish a mouse on someone else's floor
>>
>>63908992
10/10
>>
>>63906502
I like it a lot.

The red head is cute as fuck and her story arc this season was fantastic. Depressing, but fantastic.
>>
>>63908199
I noticed that when Jimmy tries to break into Gretchen's phone in Season 1 the first password he tries is 6969.

The same thing Lindsey tries to get into the safe in the Man Cave. (which works hilariously)
>>
>>63906925
>You now realize that right before this scene the guy says that we live in the golden age of television.
>they walk in on The Situation fucking Steven Spielberg
>>
the fat friend got hella cute in season 2

i agree that the improv sidestory felt contrived and kind of pointless

i mean i get it, improv comedy is something a lot of comedians have done and it's how they've built their career/made contacts and shit but no one wants to see a show about a show. at least not about a show as boring as their improv show. i find myself being unable to articulate my issues with that part of the show if anyone knows where i'm coming from and thinks they can articulate better please be my guest
>>
>>63908270
Married had a pretty good first season, went to shit in the second one, so it's not that big of a loss
>>
>>63910529
I never had a problem with the improv arc.

They kept it mercifully short, I thought.
Mostly just showing the beginnings and out of context endings.

They completely took the piss out of it the whole season, too. So it never even approached preachy.

And it gave us Gretchen's rant on Dorothy in ep 7.
>>
>>63910560
I actually felt the opposite way about Married. I thought season 2 was pretty good but didn't really like season 1. In season 1 the couple just seemed too miserable, their life was too depressing to really be funny.
>>
>>63910529
I don't think the improv comedy arc was about improv comedy at all. It was about Edgar and his progression as a character. He finally found something he was good at, something he could define himself with since coming home from Iraq. Also it's where he met Dorothy. Improv is just a vehicle to progress Edgar's character with.
>>
Watched the show after a thread in /tv/ with the last scene from the end of season 2...

Kind of a sucker for romance shit if they are done right.. That's why I love and seen shit like downton abbey and oc and Gilmore girls and alias etc..

Anyways didn't like that she fucked some black dude but really liked it and season 2 hit too fuvking close to home cuz my long distance gf has crazy depression and anxiety and it was portrayed pretty fuvking accuratey
>>
>>63911627
>Kind of a sucker for romance shit if they are done right

May I please have recommendations? I really enjoyed this.
>>
>>63907041
Yup. Have to sign waivers and shit, so that the people can put hands on you. Otherwise they're just people popping up and screaming.
>>
>>63911776
High Fidelity senpai
>>
>>63911776
humm well im not sure if you are looking for only comedy stuff but heres some drama and comedy with good romance plots

Billy & Billie (closet to you're the worst i can think of)
wonderfalls!
the oc (seth and summer)
downton abbey (mathhew and mary) (watch it up to the end of season 2 and then the Christmas special)
sports nights (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KCwLRCvVkY)
emma 2009 mini series
North & South (super dramatic but good )
>>
>>63912219
>Billy & Billie (closet to you're the worst i can think of)
GOAT show, too bad it won't be picked up for a second season
>>
>>63912259
seriously?? ughh fuck
>>
>>63912347
I'm assuming as much. Joyce scored the lead gig on some new Lena Dunham show on HBO, not sure on Brody, but there also hasn't been anything in the news about the show since February, so I'm assuming it's safe to say it's not getting a second season. Damn good show too, I kept trying to recommend it to people, but they couldn't get over the incest part of it
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.