[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things You Hated About TFA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: OH_COME_ON.jpg (26 KB, 1212x592) Image search: [Google]
OH_COME_ON.jpg
26 KB, 1212x592
Who else thought the Snoke hologram was a major flaw?

What were some other things that kept this film from being perfect?
>>
Rey was a Mary sue
>>
it's a shot for shot remake of a new hope

han solo is transporting hentai tentacle monster

new death star sucks up a sun without disrupting gravity in the system
>>
>>63904914
>What were some other things that kept this film from being perfect ?
A better question would be; what are some things that kept this film watchable? TFA approaches perfection in zero regards.
>>
>>63904914

kylo rens face revealment being too early, should have been at han solo confrontation.

leia saying 'may the force be with you' was really flaccid and lame.

that fucking cliff ending, and camera spin, would have preferred luke staring out to a sunset and turning around and cut to credits.
>>
>>63904944
>Mary sue

lol why's that?

Her average looks? Dull personality? Her ability to become a skilled Jedi lightsaber master within a matter of seconds?
>>
snoke hologram was perfect
>>
I didn't like Snoke, he seemed quite generic, me mam said it looks like Voldemort kek, although I'll reserve my judgement until the next movie since I get the feeling there is going to be some epic twist like he's actually Darth Plagueis/doesn't exist and is a virtual avatar for another character/is actually a 4 feet tall insecure manlet
>>
>>63905040
>TFA approaches perfection in zero regards

You gotta admit it started strong though.. They definitely made the Empire dark as fuck.
>>
>>63904944
There's more to her character than is shown. There's hints of a past forgotten in her flashbacks and stuff she keeps at her home . Plus Anakin was also a Gary Stu. He was gifted and talented only due to being a walking force tank forged by Plaguies. Please.
>>
Maz Kanata looked like something from the prequels, should've made a puppet like puppet yoda
>>
>>63905137
It's too bad JJ and his editors were too busy rapidly cutting the footage. It would be better to slow down and let everything settle and digest.
>>
File: glory_days.gif (239 KB, 241x124) Image search: [Google]
glory_days.gif
239 KB, 241x124
>>63905112

I'd totes wrek mamy's baby button m8
>>
>>63905137
>Anakin
Dude was an autistic hot headed retard. Being good at things=/= Gary Stu
>>
>>63905120
Sure, it was a good start. And got progressively worse and more clichéd as it continued like every single Abrams film ever. He's a total fucking hack.
>>
>>63905154

This, I cannot agree with more.

Bitch looked like a character out of Ratchet & Clank.
>>
>>63905137

>Citing the PT to justify the NT

It's like you're trying to shoot yourself in the foot.
>>
>>63905120
>They definitely made the Empire dark as fuck.

Yeah, all of the scenes were so poorly lit or the set design was so dark you could barely distinguish shit. At least the actual Empire used gray in their hallways.
>>
my biggest problem is that everyone becomes best friends instantly. ANH is good because there's tension b/w Luke, Han, and Leia and they don't really get along until they escape the death star and it makes it interesting. Poe, Finn and Rey had virtually no chemistry together, they're just like "WOW GREAT JOB BUD"
>>
>>63905173

This. The editing hurt the movie badly.
>>
>>63904914
How is a fucking hologram a flaw?
>>
>>63904944
Sue was a Gary Rey
>>
>>63905137
Anakin CONSTANTLY bitched, moaned, lost his temper, and most importantly, failed at his tasks.

by definition, he was NOT a gary stu.
>>
File: NIGGER.jpg (8 KB, 269x200) Image search: [Google]
NIGGER.jpg
8 KB, 269x200
>>63904914

I have a lot of reservations about it, but I think the part that bothered me the most was the whole scene on han's freighter.

It felt exactly like the bullshit it was to shoehorn him in to the plot, and the entire fight between him and the two gangs was unnecessary
>>
>>63905310

Hell there was no reason as to why Finn betrayed the First Order. We can gather that he was motivated after seeing his compatriot die (though that certainly didn't make him hesitate later). But we didn't see him get chewed out by Phasma or anything like that that could serve as fuel. He just decided to jump ship all of a sudden. Ignoring that he was essentially raised from birth to fight for the First Order
>>
Why did Luke just run away to a desert planet?
It makes him look like a total bitch. Why didn't he just slap the shit out of Kylo?
>>
>>63905256
I..I yeah, I wanted to prove my point. I shouldn't of used the Prequels as an example. You still get my point I hope. We just need to fully see the other movies to get the whole story.

But yeah, as of know I don't blame others for seeing her a Mary Sue. To much went over people's head.
>>
>>63905075
They should have just named her Bella instead of Rey
>>
>>63905173
Well, probably because they're going to expand on her past in the next film. Why reveal everything so early?
>>
>>63905310
100% agree
>>
Rey = Cannon Sue

She is a attractive but plain girl from a totally not tatooine planet, abandoned as a child yet somehow survives on her own without help from anyone, she speaks droid, (not just kind of contextually gets it like the originals but she speaks beep) She Speaks Wookie (even though we have no knowledge that she has ever seen a wookie.) Han almost instantly takes a liking to her, She fixes his ship when he can't. (I am willing to give this one a pass due to having been around the junk monger that would have been rigging it with different parts than Han is used to.) She is a capable pilot when all we see is her flying a speeder bike. Finn falls for her right away, she masters a force power it took 2 films for luke to even get right. She is impervious to the little force mind scan because either she is too strong willed or too powerful in the force. She beats a (wounded and hurt, so minor pass on this one) trained force user with a lightsaber that she has never even used before.

She never needs help with anything it seems or struggles with a task for more than a few minuets. For Fuck's sake man Everything about Rey screams cannon sue, and if she turns out to be related to Luke I will never stop calling her Bella Skywalker.
>>
>>63905310

You kinda become friends when the other person saves your life...
>>
>>63905310
I agree.

I think Poe should have been with Finn since the beginning. That would develop a bromance between them. Granted that would force the plot another way.

Also the romance seems a bit forced imo.
>>
>>63905457

I don't think anything went over anyone's head. They just did a poor job handling her character. Is there really going to be any payoff for developments with her character? Where can she go from here?
>>
giant laser kills like 6 planets instantly, including Coruscant

literally nobody cares

where the fuck is the entire New Republic fleet

why is the New Republic called the resistance

imperials go from being relatively normal people commanded by a few bad people to all being literal nazis, salute and all

chewie mourns Han for about 4 seconds and then is happy again
>>
>>63905369

It looks like Voldemort in a fucking PS3 cut-scene.
>>
>>63904914
Han's death is handled horribly, Chewie sees him die, shoots fag son and some stormtroopers and then it's not brought up again. Not even when they return to Resistance's base, the first thing Leia does is hug Rey, someone shes never met before.
I rewatched the OT recently and it makes it worse, those movies and characters were perfect and to see Han dying and treated like that is a disgrace.
They've already shat on VI enough i hope they go somewhere else from now.
>>
>>63905173
Exactly. There could very well be adequate explanations or better hints to how Rey was able to a lot of things instead of making it look like she pulled everything out of thin air.
I get that they want to add mystery but there are better ways at giving clues and foreshadowing than what they did.
>>
>>63905445

Are you forgetting his decision to _not_ kill innocent civilians?
>>
>>63905526
> if she turns out to be related to Luke I will never stop calling her Bella Skywalker.
I was using Mari Soo Skywalker but I like that one too.
>>
>>63905548
I undestand, but it's part one of a trilogy. I agree she was handled poorly in the explanation department and her character came off as a Mary Sue "in" this movie.

She has room for improvement and hopefully a proper explanation that doesn't rely on vague details that happen in the background or flashbacks. We just have to wait and see.
>>
>>63905565
Seriously? The reason she hugged Leia in the first place was to console her and mourn Han's death.
>>
>Chewie and Rey walking off the Millennium Falcon after Han's death
>Leia completely ignores Chewie and gives Rey a hug
>Someone she has never met since she was kidnapped before she landed

It might work if Rey actually is her niece or something but damnit, the two people who cared about Han should have reacted to him dying.
>>
Chewies x-bow blaster shoots a fucking huge powerful laser beam and Han just realized this, also it has no recoil. His blaster should of had massive recoil so that only chewie could shoot reliably because of his strength. Also its shot doesn't push kylo ren back an inch.

What I liked tho was Finn getting fucked up by a random stormtrooped because it looks like finn wasent trained in plasma weapon combat.
>>
I don't really like Maz Kanata at all.
>>
>>63905703

At that point it will just be correcting mistakes. We'll have to wait and see of course.
>>
>>63905445
Shell shock.

Imagine you're in the military, your day to day job is something non combat like say, a sanitation engineer, mundane, you haven't fired your weapon besides basic training and qualifications, but you, the humble space janitor Rodger Wilco get tapped for this muster a landing duty that you have been bedding your sergeant to send you on for months to get some real action, to be a hero..

Then you land, and the shots start flying and people you know start dying, You old the body of your friend in your hands as he breathes his last undignified breath and dies on the battlefield, unmourned and unloved. Then your commanding officer orders you to murder the people who surrendered, some of whom weren't even fighting but just lived in that village. Right then and there you decide you're never going to be part of this, no matter what they call you, coward, traitor, You refuse to fight a war on these terms even though this service is all you have ever known.

That my friends Is Finn's character.
>>
>>63905817

not even jj liked her, that's why they cut her screen time
>>
WHAT THE FUCK IS KYLO REN

WHY DID THEY PICK THE GREASIEST KIKE NOSED SPERGLORD. WHO WROTE HIS DIALOGUE LIKE THAT. WHO MADE THIS CHARACTER. I AM TALKING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I AM ANGRY.

ANGRY ABOUT KYLO REN
>>
>>63905828

so a typical nigger, since they always take commo and cook MOSs anyway
>>
>>63905828
Begging. what the fuck autocorrect.
>>
>>63905871
>I AM ANGRY.
>ANGRY ABOUT KYLO REN

why am I laughing so hard
>>
>>63905225
Yah he sucks. Surprised?
>>
>>63905828
Finn was just a janitor when he was stationed at the super-deathstar and if the prequel book is cannon was the top cadet in his division.
>>
File: 1448180085078.gif (2 MB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
1448180085078.gif
2 MB, 438x363
>>63904914
>Snoke
>Starkiller
>Pacing
That's about it.
>>
>>63905873
But what makes Finn likable is that he isn't the best, he's barely a storm trooper. He says it himself he worked in sanitation. A literal Shit detail. But when fin got the chance to find and fight for something he cared for. Than he got up and did it, He wasn't going to let who he was (a nobody) determine his fate.
>>
>>63905847
Good call. Too bad they didn't scrap her entirely. Keep the actress and put her in some kind of practical effects costume.
>>
>>63905828

If he was actually a janitor then why does he have a combat uniform and why was he brought on that strike? You would think he would have been one of the guys in just a jumpsuit with little to no combat training.

Also he was trained from near birth to fight. He should be living and breathing the First Order. We could have had some characterization of the First Order itself if he found that that act went against the FO as he understood it.

Finn turned because it was convenient to the plot. That's it. There was nothing really motivating his character given the background information that we're given.
>>
The part at the beginning where they had Oscar Issac try to make a joke when meeting Kylo Ren. This is EVERYONE'S first introduction to the villain, and they try to slip in comic relief?
>>
>>63905713
Console someone she's never met before (and that recently met Han) and not his friend for over 30 years?
>>
When he took his helmet off and it wasn't javier bardem, I was shocked... and it was a faggot the entire time under that mask, who ruined the movie
>>
>>63904914
They couldn't have picked an uglier motherfucker to play Kylo Ren.
>>
>>63905908
I mean, no. Not my first exposure to JJ. I just approached it like one slows down to get a good look at the scene of a car crash. It fulfilled my expectations in that respect and gave me some laughs with its cringeworthy dialogue.
>>
>>63905605
so no other stormtrooper in the history of stormtroopers ever thought "hey this killing thing isn't a good idea"
>>
The worst was kylo ren
>>
>>63905962
I agree with you.

He had almost no discipline that you'd expect from years of being in the military, and he's not rebellious in the sense of 'fuck the cause' he's almost like a teenager. You'd expect him to be more reserved and coordinated rather than a total noobie at everything even if he was in sanitation. It's the fucking Empire.
>>
>>63905290
THIS
The black looks so much worse than the grey, I know they're supposed to be evil but they've got to be able to see where the fuck they're going and not to walk off the edge of a hangar bay
>>
>>63905962
Because in combat arms we are all janitors. :p

I laughed at the fact that he said sanitation more as a soldier than at any other joke he made. Ask any enlisted soldier in the marines or army what they do more of... Sweeping and cleaning or shooting shit. So Finn is a conscripted soldier, he is raised from birth to be a member of the new order, a trooper and in the time he isn't enforcing the will of the emperor his main job day to day is to sweep the motor pool and take out the trash. just like every other boot private.
>>
>>63905962
It seemed strange that he was so happy killing the only friends he had up to that point while escaping. They must have treated him like shit.
>>
>>63905981
b-but all resistance fighters are friends
>>
>>63904914
I rooted for the Empire because it was obvious that they represented white males oppressing woman, minorities, and deviants (aliens).
>>
>>63906071
But wait

If Finn was a Janitor

That means he did it for free???
>>
>>63905975
This bothered me as well
>>
>>63905063
>leia saying 'may the force be with you' was really flaccid and lame.

Kind of like when Hillary said it at the DNC debate on saturday.
>>
>>63906111
Despite your trips this post makes no sense, could you explain?
>>
>>63904914

The only thing I really disliked was the lack of exposition.

I wanted one scene, just one scene where Leia was arguing with a leader of the republic so we can understand the relation between the republic, the resistance, the first order and the empire.
>>
>>63905040
The only thing perfect about the movie imo was the special effects and visual design. It certainly looked and felt like a Star Wars movie should in terms of presentation.
>>
>>63904914
>What were some other things that kept this film from being perfect?
It'd be a shorter list saying the things this movie did right.
>>
>>63906157
>4chan janitors do it for free

do you need it spoon fed to you right anon?
>>
>>63905137

>Anakin was a Mary Sue

Yeah except for that one part where he became a baby killing mass murderer.
>>
>>63906189
>when good memes go bad
>>
>>63905975
yup Oscar Issac was kind of shit
too cocky and arrogant. Not in the jaded way like Han was either. He reminded me of some douchebag I'd meet at a bar
>>
>>63904914
cgi was obvious as fuck, and downright terrible. Non-cgi bits like the puppetry and so on had a nostalgic charm to 'em.
>>
>>63904914
I thought there were a few points that were obvious callbacks to the earlier movies that were kind of necessary and out of place in the larger structure of the narrative, but I kind of expected that so I sort of let it slide.

I also feel like they mishandled a lot of stuff about Ren

It was pretty cool that he was Han's son but that bit of dialogue where Snoke says something like "Your father Han Solo" to Kylo shouldn't have happened, it felt really out of place and ruined what could have been a decent reveal. It should have been hinted at through dialogue like "I saw our son" and stuff but not directly stated until Han confronts him on the bridge. They should have also held back on him removing the helmet until that point.
>>
>>63906189
So that is what they are calling baby mods these days?

If that was a joke you need to work on your delivery.
>>
>>63905904

Because you're new.
>>
>>63906177
This.
>Poe/Finn scenes were cool
>Kyle stopping the laser was neat
>overall, the action was competent
>nothing egregiously offensive like in the prequels
>THE scene was done relatively well

'bout it.
>>
>>63905993
>javier bardem
>han & leia's son

yeah, that would have worked out alright..
>>
>>63905605
Yeah, unlike those cowardly german nazis that refused to disobey orders.

Never forget the 6 gorillion, goy.
>>
>>63905032
>shot for shot
No it fucking wasn't.

It definitely drew a lot from it though. I'd have liked a bit more variation. Not quite Prequel Trilogy "Is this even Star Wars?" variation, but maybe less superweapons, less having to rescue people. Two people got broken out, one even by someone in a Stormtrooper uniform. Damn.

Also I feel like Finn hiding that he's a defector seemed kind of pointless. I always hate the "Character A is hiding secret from Character B." I'm only glad that it didn't do the usual weak second act trope of it coming out and blowing up in everybody's faces. When he finally revealed it, it was more of a point towards his own self-loathing, and Rey was honestly more upset that yet another person was abandoning her.

Maybe a bit less Force skill for Rey, maybe not understanding Chewie, but everything else was fine. Shit, she didn't even get the Mind Trick right the first time, and it took her a while to finally figure out how to fly the Falcon. I think everything else can be chalked up to her knowing about parts as a scavenger, and probably having been in the Falcon itself a good number of times since it belonged to the guy she traded parts to for rations.

>>63905063
I'd have liked Rey to show him the lightsaber, then him to pull out his own to show he already had one. Or maybe that's stupid and you're right about the reveal being it. Or a pan out from them instead of a spin.
>>
>>63906166

Yeah but the score kinda sucked balls.

Super cliche'd generic straight out of Battlefront music with not a single memorable track
>>
File: 1449649727590.png (19 KB, 200x220) Image search: [Google]
1449649727590.png
19 KB, 200x220
>>63905951
>pacing

See this is what I was worried about most. People are always running around manically in jj films. I find that boring because it's just a distraction to make up for the fact jj can't write dialogue.
>>
>flaw

But he's a big guy.
>>
>>63906165
Never gonna happen in a high-speed action packed planet blowing up jj Abrams clusterfuck.
>>
>>63905981
So you need to know someone for 30 years in order to console them about their dead husband who you just saw get murdered by their son who turned to the dark side? Obviously she knew who Leia was or made the connection. But whatever you say. :^)
>>
>>63904914
I was really upset about the hologram because now I can't make all the Huge jokes I wanted to.
>>
>>63905445
>But we didn't see him get chewed out by Phasma or anything like that that could serve as fuel.
I don't know, man. When they were talking about having his blaster checked, sounded an awful lot like "I want to see you in my office." Really seemed to me like he was about to get told off.
>>
what's wrong with the prequels????
i just see people hate on it for no reason can I get a tl;dr or something
yes I'm aware of Jar Jar
>>
>>63906257
I feel like RedLetterMedia was right at that specific part, it was best not left as some kinda attempt at shock value. Revealing it early focused more on what it meant rather than some "OMG" moment that I think the internet proved it was ready to spoil for everyone at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>63906220

Poe was a little too chipper all the time.
>>
So why did Luke fly away?

Did he feel bad after fucking up with Kylo?
>>
>>63906416
Yes. Han literally says this.
>>
>>63904914
3 cgi characters, and they were all terrible.
The soundtrack was weak as absolute fuckall.
Kylo goes from stopping blaster bolts in mid air to getting wrecked by a first time force user and no-time force user. Yes, I know he took a blaster bolt from Chewbs, but it was more likely a glancing hit, and he wears armor ffs.
>>
File: wjdk bird.gif (994 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
wjdk bird.gif
994 KB, 250x250
anyone else feel like there was alot "off" with this movie? By that I mean a lot of stuff that just felt weird

like, the order destroying those five or so planets and the trillions of people that were probably there

it felt like that was a thing for maybe thirty seconds then everyone pretty much forgot. I would have loved a line from Rey along the lines of obi-wan's from ANH after alderaan is kill

also, Finn being totally cool with killing shit tons of first order dudes. Like, he probably grew up with alot of these people, they are the closest thing he had to friends/family from being a young child to a twenty something.

Immediately after he decides to help poe escape he's in the tie fighter personally blowing up dozens of the people he's worked with for a decade +. And he doesn't say a fucking word about it

>>63906257
>spoilers paragraph

I was also going to post everything you just said, that shit was completely bizarre. I've seen the movie twice and both times the audience didn't have any reaction to "your FATHER han solo" besides for a few muffled "huh?"s

i guess JJ didn't want to vader it that hard? but the entire rest of the movie is filled with homages and call backs, so I just don't know many.

Lots of weird choices with this. It was a decent movie but it would have been so much better if they had only done a few extremely obvious changes
>>
Luke is literally Obi Wan
>>
>>63905817
I liked her but kind of wish she was a Jedi. Maybe one besides Luke who survived Kylo Ren's backlash.
>>
>>63906387

Obviously he was about to, but without the context of what that actually involved, it seems like he's just getting reprimanded. I mean it's not like he was sent to the brig. Or did I miss that he decided to break Poe out on his way to see Phasma?
>>
>>63906416
in search of the first jedi temple
crawl says so.
>>
So many people fucking giggled when Kylo took his mask off.
I was one of them.
Terrible casting choice.
>>
The best part of the movie is when Kylo Ren is throwing a temper tantrum and the two storm troopers chuckle as they run away.
>>
>>63906501
you mean han.
luke is yoda
>>
>>63906416
did you not see the movie?

>>63906532
he looks like a goof but that's his character mate

he's a whiney little bitch boy who throws temper tantrums when shit doesn't go his way, wears a cool mask to ape vader, wants to be super tough stronk guy like vader but deep down knows he's not made for it
>>
File: anakin.jpg (15 KB, 340x318) Image search: [Google]
anakin.jpg
15 KB, 340x318
>>63906501
>literally

>>63905137
>She's not a Mary Sue! She has amnesia!
Come on. I love her but that's the Sueiest of Sue flaws.

>>63906524
Well, it WAS only his first offense. But it might have been that since he'd never been reprimanded before, he feared the worst.
>>
>>63906481
>Finn being totally cool with killing shit tons of first order dudes. Like, he probably grew up with alot of these people, they are the closest thing he had to friends/family from being a young child to a twenty something.

Finn is the odd man out when it comes to characterization. making him a trooper instead of a spy or something makes him the most in need of perspective and the movie doesn't and unlike Rey we don't see his day to day life to have any idea what is relationship with the empire is like.

Also does anyone remember why poe doesn't come back to jakku and get fin?
>>
File: spergwars.jpg (316 KB, 800x362) Image search: [Google]
spergwars.jpg
316 KB, 800x362
>>63905871
hey that's a marine you're talking about.
>>
>>63905137
Anakin may have been the Chosen One, but he still trained for years to master his abilities and still hadn't reached his full potential by the end of Episode III. Plus, even after training for years, he got his ass handed to him by Count Dooku the first time they fought. And then he got his ass handed to him by Obi-Wan Kenobi. And then he got his ass handed to him by Luke.

Rey, meanwhile, picks up a lightsaber for the first time in her life and can best someone who trained under Luke. Yeah, okay.
>>
File: Capture (6).jpg (24 KB, 520x511) Image search: [Google]
Capture (6).jpg
24 KB, 520x511
>>63906387
>>63906524
guys phasma states that finn "reported to my section and was cleared something something reconditioning"

i guess after that is when he decided to betray the only people he has known for probably around twenty years, break out some guy he doesn't know, and straight up kill dozens of the people he's worked with for around twenty years

you know finn just felt totally wrong, like not even a day after getting out of the evil nazi mindbreak clique he's got his own personality, is doing shit like screaming "WHOO DID YOU SEE THAT DID YOU SEE THAT" and etc

also his immediate friendship with rey and poe, what was that man? him and poe knew eachother for maybe twenty minutes and then they great eachother like best friends? he spends a day with rey then he's in love with her?

don't call me /pol/ his blackness has nothing to do with any of these criticisms

>>63906749
>Also does anyone remember why poe doesn't come back to jakku and get fin?

we don't even know how poe got off jakku and reconnected with the resistance in the time it took rey/finn/han/chewie to get to maz's place
>>
>>63906220
>He reminded me of some douchebag I'd meet at a bar
nailed it.
>>
>>63906106
If you imagine swapping in *all* black people for this... that would be fucked up (and yet also.. very funny too....). How come it's okay to demonize white people only? Doesn't anyone else want to be demonized?
>>
>>63906382
>every force user know each other
>:^)
Fuck off JJ defener, the movie is not utter trash like most say but you cant excuse this kind of shit
>>
Character development seemed really rushed at the beginning.

Kylo Ren should have been played by a badass, not some pretty boy with flowing hair.
>>
File: ensign cohman sence.jpg (58 KB, 558x818) Image search: [Google]
ensign cohman sence.jpg
58 KB, 558x818
>>63906820
>Rey, meanwhile, picks up a lightsaber for the first time in her life and can best someone who trained under Luke. Yeah, okay.

b-but rey was trained under luke too! as a toddler and then dumped on jakku for 15+ years

m-maybe when she was mindwiped they also made her think that she was dumped when she was four and she was actually dumped when she was a lot older, that explains why she's so good at everything immediately!
>>
>>63905828
The problem is the movie spent less time making that idea hit home than you did.
>>
>>63906292
this has been the critique/mentality of everyone i talked to IRL. on the internet it's been pretty apparent everyone got their hopes and were dissapointed, or had no expectations and were pleasantly surprised
>>
File: Shadowsmusic.jpg (145 KB, 750x760) Image search: [Google]
Shadowsmusic.jpg
145 KB, 750x760
Oh, you wanna know what I hate OP?

I hate that all of the (admittedly, mostly shitty) Star Wars comics, books, and games that I grew up with, read/played over and over, discussed with friends in grade school, argued about with people over the internet, and generally spent all of my life up until college absorbing, have been entirely swept away and mean literally nothing now- all to make way for this rehashed, sterile, insincere, bullshit of a continuity.

That's what I hate.
>>
>>63907070
Shadowsssssss we mourn thee
>>
>>63906820

Didn't Yoda imply that the power of the force comes from the willpower and drive of the user?
>>
>>63906974

>pretty boy

I think the hair was to hide his ears
>>
Rey and Finn used Anikin's lightsaber wrong. The button they pressed was in adjustment knob. There is a copper-looking strip that was power switch.
>>
>>63907004
Not him but I picked that up pretty quickly.

The blood on the mask and his shaking weren't exactly subtle but then again I watched BoB, TRL, Full Metal, Platoon, etc. religiously.
>>
>>63906820
>Rey, meanwhile, picks up a lightsaber for the first time in her life and can best someone who trained under Luke. Yeah, okay.

She had plenty of time practicing her sword play with that dudes BBC

xDD
>>
File: image.png (224 KB, 650x310) Image search: [Google]
image.png
224 KB, 650x310
>>63907070
Don't be sad because it's over be happy because it happened
>>
>>63907070

Most of it is shit. Then you realize all the canon that matters is what you've taken with you.
>>
>>63907070
>Implying adapting any of those stories wouldn't be a legal and creative minefield, full of disappointment and resentful loyalty checks.

Blame Lucas for failing to commit to a new trilogy, and instead licensing off those eras to authors and media that had no cinematic future.
Star Wars doesn't do book to movie adaptations.
>>
>>63904914

That cop-out kiss on the forehead. Why didn't they just fucking make her kiss him on the lips?
>>
>>63906292
>Rey to show him the lightsaber, then him to pull out his own to show he already had one

anon the rest of your points were good but this is retarded, what would be the purpose?

why would he not have his green lightsaber from ROTJ? been a while since i've seen it but he doesn't lose it in ROTJ right?

>>63907070
disney don't give a fuck about people like us mate, choo choo all aboard the normie "nerd" fad money train
>>
File: 74658685.jpg (2 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
74658685.jpg
2 KB, 125x93
Did you see the evil, ugly racist bad guy with a mask, holding his flaming cross?

Subtle as fuck. It was pottery.
>>
>>63907236
get out of here sweden

why would rey kiss a friend on the lips? finn's like the brother she's never had
>>
>>63905981

We don't know that Rey never met Leia.
>>
Finn
>lives off government funds his whole life
>educated by the government
>raised by government personnel
>realizes he has to work so he runs away
>macks on white girls
>get beat up by tonfa wielding riot cop

Rae
>hardened muggers? beat them up!
>abandoned on a desert planet? survive alone!
>always has the right ideas
>marksmanship despite firing one-handed
>defeats sith in lightsaber combat
>>
>>63907163
I think everyone got it, but it's almost as if he sees one bad thing and just decides "fuck this, I'm out". I do understand they only have a certain amount of time to fit everything in, though.
>>
>>63907297
mate what? when would Rey have possibly met Leia?

leia doesn't strike me as the "fly to some backwater ass planet to go hangout with scavvers" type, maybe that's just me.

>>63907236
>>63907282
>>63907310
oh boy /pol/ is here
>>
File: j466u4.jpg (48 KB, 577x475) Image search: [Google]
j466u4.jpg
48 KB, 577x475
I loved the evil white stormtrooper with his police baton and riot shield beating down the poor brave black man.

Didn't you?

So subtle.
>>
>>63904914
so much exposition instead of storytelling. throwaway explanation lines everywhere.
>>
>>63906974
>Badass
>Pretty Boy
He is intentionally written as a villain that hides his insecurities, awkward face, and bad temper. Where did you get "pretty boy" from? If you want a "badass" go watch some capeshit.
>>
>>63907343
But how many innocent villagers do you have to getting massacred in a town square before you have to be like, "Yeah, that'll do. That's definitely filled my dead women and children quota."
>>
>>63907353
>mate what? when would Rey have possibly met Leia?

I don't know but she's her aunt (assuming Rey is Luke's daughter), it wouldn't be out of the realm to say they've met.
>>
>JACKu
>JOCKu
>jackOO
WHICH ONE IS IT EVERY PERSON IN THIS MOVIE PRONOUNCES THAT SHIT DIFFERENTLY
>>
>>63905040
>what are some things that kept this film watchable?

Kylo Ren for me. Seems like he was the only one with any story or plot going on and the rest of the things that happened in the movie was just go give him something to do.
>>
Nothing in TFA makes any goddamn sense. So much shit that is central to the plot is so wildly implausible I can't stomach it.

>One TIE fighter can get away from a star destroyer. And disable it's main guns by itself without dying.

>Poe survived the crash but didn't at any point run into Finn in the only tiny ass town where he could have gotten to and survived.

>A lone scavenger who has to scrape for food rations still somehow has the free time to learn to astromec, wookie, and how to fly the Millennium goddamn Falcon.

>She can also shoot one-handed with perfect accuracy on her first try.

>An ex-stormtrooper janitor knows exactly where to go to shut off a planet station's shields.

>Phasma doesn't bother to turn the shield back on after the protags leave.

>An entire planet's worth of TIE fighters+surface guns can't destroy a few dozen X-wings.

There's more that I don't feel like typing, but all the nonsense adds up.
>>
File: bb8_1.png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
bb8_1.png
1 MB, 800x800
would you spend 150 on this m8s

mite pull the trigger
>>
File: e20.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
e20.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>63907236

Rey won't have a romantic interest. She'll be a loner, just like Luke.

Finn will get some other chick in the next movie.

Bookmark this.
>>
The whole thing is filled with subconscious propaganda.

e.g. there was the scene where Rey and Finn both sneak off somewhere in the Millennium Falcon. While they are both panting heavily, the Rey says, "I can't believe we're doing this!" This is subtle shit, and if you're not looking for it you will miss it, due to the fact that this is not presented in a overtly sexual way. I promise the impressionable registered the message subconsciously.
>>
>>63905565
In Leia's defense, Chewie walked right past her without even looking (I was literally watching for this) and then on the ship Chewie is right as rain.

Wookies just don't dwell, I guess.
>>
Lens flares
>>
>>63907430

only if it will flip me off
>>
>>63905995
I think they needed someone with a voice.

He does have Han's nose though.
>>
>>63907434
To be even more progressive they'll make Finn and Poe gay.
>>
plot was rehash
mary sue
cg maz and palpatine guy
han and leia never evolved
han leaving leia
luke reveal

i hated everything, but the reald 3d was great for space combat immersion

jj makes shallow movies that cater to fanboys and sjw
>>
>>63905703
>>63904944
>>63905075
>>63905526
>>63906673

"Mary sue" only means "competent female"
The movie is amazing and all of you are just being contrarians as usual. God forbid there is a positive role model for girls out there, we can't have that, oh fuck no!
>>
File: 26562.jpg (66 KB, 704x476) Image search: [Google]
26562.jpg
66 KB, 704x476
That scene when the x-wings pilots talk when they're flying on the starkiller planet

>first shot: the hispanic

>second shot: the woman

>third shot: fat white guy

>fourth shot: the asian guy back in their headquarters

>fifth shot: the black guy
>>
>>63906974
>Kylo Ren should have been played by a badass

god damn anon you're pretty shit at basic comprehension huh

>>63907401
she is definitely her aunt, but how could Rey possibly know that? she thought luke was a myth until the events of the movie

maybe leia recognized her? immediately and after not having seen her since she was like 4?

it was definitely implied that Han knew something about her with the scene in maz's cantina
>>
>>63907436
This
>>
>>63907445

I thought his angry rampage after SPOILER HAPPENS was a bit muted. Wookies are known to pull peoples arms out of their sockets for losing at space chess and he just shoots a couple times and sets a bomb off?
>>
>>63907367
I know this is /pol/ b8, but I'm picking up a traitorbro figure as soon as one is available.

Maybe the shiny butch captain too.
>>
>>63904914
Fuck off
>>
>>63907436
>>63907481
>>63907485

stop baiting, this has been a pretty decent thread so far
>>
>>63907436
>that moment when you realize subconscious propaganda has never been proven to work
>>
>>63904914

Rei really was to powerful. That's my only complaint. Though I believe Rei will turn out to be the real chosen one and Anakin was the prophecy misread
>>
File: Nazi_party_rally_grounds_(1934).jpg (522 KB, 1125x754) Image search: [Google]
Nazi_party_rally_grounds_(1934).jpg
522 KB, 1125x754
I liked the the Nazi caricature villains (including one who fights the black guy with a burning cross lightsaber, and they even throw in a full-blown nazi rally for good measure).

The only semi-major white male characters in the film are two old men that they probably felt they needed to include out of marketing obligations: Han Solo who gets killed off and Luke Skywalker who shows up for 5 seconds at the end and literally went into hiding out of jedi guilt due to his failure in training the villain, which led to the deaths of his students.

Why is anyone on /tv/ defending this cultural marxist SJW propaganda shit? I'm disappointed.
>>
>>63905871
Maybe you should go punch your vagina, you're clearly bleeding from it.
>>
>>63907481
God forbid a woman ever actually get in trouble or struggle with anything, that would be sexist! Even though Luke in A New Hope needed to be saved over four times!
>>
>>63907485
>>63907367
>>63907282

you're persistent I'll give you that
>>
>>63907409
That's actually pretty realistic. Get in a room of reporters, politicians and military all discussing Qatar.
>>
I feel like the part where Rey calls Ren a "masked creature" and then he does his dramatic unmasking reveal was there just to bait shippers into Kylo/Rey, in tandem with Rey's offer to her later about teaching her the Force.

Rey's unmasking would've been much better saved for the scene with his dad.
>>
>>63907481
overtly competent. Bitch could've done everything on her own the way she was written. Fuck, even Finn was only there to be comic relief and to show how much more awesome and competent Rey is compared to him.
>>
>>63907475
>i hated everything, but the reald 3d was great for space combat immersion

The theater I was at had moving, vibrating seats as well. It would probably feed well into your autism.
>>
Pretty much everything about the death planet

>How were they able to build it wth just the remains of the empire
>How the hell did the republic not fucking notice it
>where did they get the power to fire it the first time

And other shit like that
>>
>>63907531
i know he's baiting but he does kinda have a point, i mean all that shit is just coincidence?

don't call me /pol/, it's just pretty obvious that JJ had a bit of an agenda with this. I mean i'm pretty sure he straight up said something like "why are there so many white people? we need diversity"

>>63907579
>The theater I was at had moving, vibrating seats as well.

oh shit nig where at? I have nothing like that in Oregon
>>
>>63905556

exactly.
>>
>>63907481
>responding to b8

These are the same people who thought Jessica Jones was sjw programming despite her laundry list of flaws.
>>
I didn't like Ren. Not to say I thought he was a bad character, at least he fucking has character, I just didn't like him as a villain. He felt like an emo kid with a shotgun. Granted, that is a perfectly viable character that you can do things with, it's just not the kind of characters I like. Him punching his blaster wound to hype his anger up was fucking awesome, though.

They needed to throttle down the fan-service about 20%

Why did they need the whole map? That bit BB-8 had would have been perfectly fine to find Luke with. Where did the map come from? Why did everyone dismiss R2 having the rest of the map when that's the first place anyone would look?

Was Snoke a giant, or was his hologram just big? I need to know this.

Why is a 20-something babyface a general of the empire?

They could have slowed down the pacing a bit.

Overall, 8/10 movie, 9/10 Star Wars movie.
>>
Not enough Poe
Maz sorta felt out of place
I think they revealed Snoke too soon
How the hell did they see the planets get blown up from there I know this is science fantasy but c'mon man.
The scene at the cantina was where it got too similar to A New Hope
>>
>>63907601

And it's actually a less practical weapon than the death star in the long term. The death star would have been able to destroy that planet as well
>>
>>63907636
>Why did they need the whole map?
didn't they say they couldn't match the fragment to any known part of the galaxy?
>>
>>63907636
>They needed to throttle down the fan-service about 20%

Not for this one. It needed to really wipe the slate after the prequels.

The next two definitely need to do a lot more when it comes to reinvigorating the script/formula.
>>
>>63907631
>These are the same people who thought Jessica Jones was sjw programming despite her laundry list of flaws.

No they aren't. It's not OK that Rei was able to use the force better than somebody who has trained their entire life
>>
>>63907166
I bet you a dollar that she also trained under Luke but forgot about it cuz space magic. Also keep in mind that Mr wamabee sith was shot by Chewie and probibly hadent had to fight another force user in forever too, so it wasn't like she beat Darth Vader at the top of his game
>>
>>63907668
Yeah, but I feel like nothing was accomplished with the rest of the map of the galaxy from R2. I thought it would be something clever like a bunch of unnamed systems in one sector, and the other half had more unnamed systems in that same sector. Overlay them, and run it through a pattern recognition thing. I guess I just expected more and it felt a little weak
>>
>>63904914
Why did R2 wake up near the end ? Seriously, he reactivated like a day after the protagonists and their part of the map arrive, what was he waiting for ?
>>
>>63907607
>"muh diversity"
>the black guy still gets his shit pushed in by an emo kid so the white bitch gets to be the hero
>>
>>63907636
>That bit BB-8 had would have been perfectly fine to find Luke with

It didn't match any known/charted systems tho, they literally stated that explicitly.
>>
File: 76576.jpg (250 KB, 1088x650) Image search: [Google]
76576.jpg
250 KB, 1088x650
>>63907607
Why is he "bating"? JJ is a cultural marxist like the rest of Hollywood. It's not a secret. That's why they constantly push that all races are the same. That's why they push atheism as the intellectual choice alongside secularism and bringing in muslims. They believe their ideology is strong enough that (for example) if they keep bringing in more and more muslims and blacks they will eventually conform to the raceless religionless mud that is cultural marxism and then all people will fall under the same structural powerbase.

Obviously this is plan doesn't actually make society better. It just creates an self governing underclass that squashes interior decent by ostracizing anyone who speaks out against the regime or anyone who chooses to be different rather than the same.

Another major flaw is it has produced a group of blacks who's ideology has more in common with nazis than liberals but the liberals are so cult like in their following of political correctness and cultural marxism they actually support the black power movement.

Same thing with supporting muslims. The cultural marxist whites don't realise that blacks and muslims have stronger beliefs than they do and they will never conform to them.

Both groups, muslims and blacks only see white liberals as a group to be used and exploited for their own gain and pleasures.

The most obvious, prevalent and disgusting of these that in former times would have inspired hatred in all white men is the sexual exploitation of white women who believe that sleeping with the enemy is an act of rebellion against oppression.

All of these people believe that the white men who have been their protectors for thousands of years are their oppressors.

Now white men are taught as something old and weak and of the past, just like Snoke and the old "empire".
>>
>>63907510
>>63907515
you might not have noticed it, but your brain did.
>>
>>63907394
2 or 3
>>
>>63907730

For the force to awaken, clearly. But seriously. "Oh that droid that was with Luke? Yeah it's very unlikely he has anything in his data banks about where he is"
>>
>>63907297
There is not a single time in the movie where Rey could have possibly met Leia, she's kidnapped before Leia even talks to Han and then brought back to Resistance's base at the end of the movie.
>>
>>63907636
Totally agree about Kylo.
Decent character, but I can't stand him.

Oddly, good casting. Adam Driver has most of the twat-iness of someone like Paul Dano, but with some modicum of masculine presence.
>>
anyone else think Poe will be Rey's love interest? I'm sure people would call it racist though because they badly wanted finn to dick her.
>>
>>63907730
he was waiting for luke or his daughter
>>
>>63905526
Kylo Ren is also the ultimate Gary Stu so in my mind there is no doubt at all that they are made for each other.
>>
>>63907751
>>>/pol/
>>
>>63907730
What did R2D2 call C3PO, anyway?
>>
Yesterday had a kind of a small talk with friends about movie and they said that 'Reb may be the first bad guy in series without a bunch of fans'. And I think that even if people don't like him he is well suited for fan girls.
>>
>>63904914
We didn't get to see Luke build this Jedi Order before another rogue Jedi destroyed it.

Not shown Ren's descent so he comes off as mostly a whiny brat.
>>
>>63907797
Poe will be bisexual and will fuck literally everyone because of his alphaness
>>
Snoke seems just like Thanos in the marvel movies. Generic big baddie that sits on his throne while the heroes easily overpower his underlings. I bet that in episode 8 he'll see Kylo fail again and say something like "looks like i'll have to do it myself". Not to mention he's literally a deformed humanoid which is disappointing since they made a big deal with the mocap shit. Pretty much Sheev without the character.
>>
BB8 reminded me too much of Disney animation.
It felt like the droid mimicked human emotions and characteristics too well and the comic relief was overplayed. R2-D2 was sort of the same way but in the "oh what a goofball he's a droid" instead of "wow it's like a little puppy" as was the case with BB8
>>
why did poe like finn so much? they were together for like 15 min max
>>
>>63904914
Less blacks clapping every 10min.
>>
>>63907426

>One TIE fighter can get away from a star destroyer. And disable it's main guns by itself without dying.
Literally called him the best pilot in the resistance

>Poe survived the crash but didn't at any point run into Finn in the only tiny ass town where he could have gotten to and survived.
Literally said he woke up at night and couldn't find Finn meanwhile Finn was still unconscious until daylight.

They didn't run into each other because he'd already left.

>A lone scavenger who has to scrape for food rations still somehow has the free time to learn to astromec, wookie, and how to fly the Millennium goddamn Falcon.

We know nothing about her past. Maybe she knew it from before.

>She can also shoot one-handed with perfect accuracy on her first try.
Why not? She's already shown to be proficient at combat with that spear thing.

>An ex-stormtrooper janitor knows exactly where to go to shut off a planet station's shields.
How doesn't that make sense? He's probably been everywhere on the ship as a janitor. Or else he hears it from his buddies.

>Phasma doesn't bother to turn the shield back on after the protags leave.
Yeah, not like she got thrown in a trash compactor or some shit.

>An entire planet's worth of TIE fighters+surface guns can't destroy a few dozen X-wings.
They destroyed half their fleet
>>
>>63907751
JET FUEL CANT MELT STEEEL BEEEEEAAAAMMMSS
>>
>>63907735
> Grabs Reys hand as she says let go
> Asks rey if she has a boyfriend
> Do that stupid circle dance once escape in Mfalcon
> Says Rey looked at him like no one else has
> Han solo says "women always find out" like they are dating
> Rey gets all sad when he want to leave (loves Finn)
> When Rey gets captured Finn must save her
> Once the find her Han Solo says that it was Finn who fought to save her.
> They have long romantic hug
> Finn tries to fight for Rey
> Finn gets blown the fuck out
> Rey lays on his body weeping
> Rey kisses his forehead when she leave...

etc. etc.

I can guarantee that JewJew wanted her to kiss him on the lips but got shot down by Disney...

and you faggots act like there wasn't propaganda...

shilling faggot disney marketers
>>
>>63907784
Before the events of the movie you dummy
>>
>>63907831
because he helped him escape from a hopeless situation. idk i'd like someone if they did that for me
>>
>>63907797
Finn is the basic good-guy who's been there for her choice

Kylo is the redeemed-bad-boy choice, tried to tempt her to the dark side, probably the next movie they'll face off again and she starts him back on the path toward the light.

It'll be one of these two mark my words.
>>
>>63907754
You're right. After watching this film I want to have sex with black people
??????
>>
>>63907142
I agree
>>
>>63907751
Is this bait? Like, did you actually write that and think "Yeah, that that's the way things are"? Is that genuinely your worldview? Because that's absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>63907831
the whole movie had this issue

why did rey like finn so much?
why did han like rey so much?
why did finn like rey so much?
why did rey like han so much?
why did finn like han so much?
why did leia like rey so much?
>>
>>63907481
>oh, FUCK no

Spotted the sewage filled slit.
>>
>>63907830
But BB8 was fun.

>>63907831
Bros, man.
>>
File: 577.jpg (68 KB, 632x470) Image search: [Google]
577.jpg
68 KB, 632x470
>>63907846
>>
>>63907807
>>>/co/mblr
>>
>>63907830
I've heard he's meant to be cute in-universe and uses it to it's advantage.
>>
File: download.png (10 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
download.png
10 KB, 209x241
>>63907882
>i know why
>>
File: guy fleegman.gif (930 KB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
guy fleegman.gif
930 KB, 200x133
>>63907835
>>Phasma doesn't bother to turn the shield back on after the protags leave.
>Yeah, not like she got thrown in a trash compactor or some shit.
>>
>>63907526
> implying Finn didn't save Rey's life by dueling Kylo when he knocked her out

Rey also would've never escaped Starkiller without Finn and Han's rescue. She would have died with Finn in that wintery forest if not for Chewie's rescue. She failed to get a full portion either time she tried. She was easily duped by Finn pretending to be Resistance. She called the Falcon garbage when it was still a damn good ship. She ran off like a baby when her Force vision scared her. Kylo at full strength easily immobilized, mind-read, and knocked her unconscious, carring her away like a classic fainting damsel in his arms.

You turds are not even looking for times where she failed. Probably because you'd have to admit she did fail and give up this marysue faggotry for a thoughtful analysis.
>>
>>63907829
>Snoke seems just like Thanos in the marvel movies. Generic big baddie that sits on his throne while the heroes easily overpower his underlings

So he's the emperor? We saw that cunt out of his chair twice in the OT
>>
>>63907831
Not like he saved his life or anything and completed his mission...did you watch the movie?
>>
>Not having any capital ships or snub fighters patrolling surrounding space or the atmosphere
>not having anything, even fucking radar, keeping an eye on the skies above your mega-weapons only weakness that they tell every janitor about.

Also how in the name of unholy fuck did somebody who was raised in Stormtrooper culture his entire life, was molded to be the perfect stormtrooper his entire time in the First Order just decide to start waxing his fellow stormtroopers without any problem?

That pilot guy with the dumb name literally shoots his friend or comrade and he dies in Fin's arms. Fin's reaction? Join up with the guy that just shot his friend and start slaughtering his other friends and comrades he has spent his entire life with. What the fuck JJ. This really bothered me.
>>
>>63907636
Why are you rating it higher as a Star Wars movie? Or is this just due to the shitfest of the prequels? Because as a SW movie it lacked a lot of the music, pacing, dialogue and character moments that made the originals so great, it turns into fucking generic blockbuster battle by the end.
>>
>>63907821
BEEP BOOP BEEP BOP

Oh space Jesus, it's this piss colored faggot again.
>>
>>63907934
Sheev actually had a sense of humour. He was that big baddie except he wasn't overly dramatic and boring like Snoke is.
>>
>>63905137
None of this matters to TFA. In the TFA she is and always will be a mary sue. That doesn't mean fan theories or any other possibilities in the sequels can't have her be a better character but it does mean they have no bearing on TFA.
>>
File: 635573357.jpg (125 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
635573357.jpg
125 KB, 600x350
>>63904914
"Do you have a boyfriend, a cute boyfriend?"
>>
>>63907784
She's a fucking force sensitive, either she sensed it or she just made the connections that it was Leia.
>>
File: 1380826567792.jpg (50 KB, 302x400) Image search: [Google]
1380826567792.jpg
50 KB, 302x400
>mfw all these redditors on /tv/ defending master jedi mary sue
>>
>>63904914
Nope, hologram was dope.
>>
>>63907831
He saved his life and got in a firefight. That makes people bros.

Honestly, I'm glad people are actually happy to see each other and like each other in this movie. What's wrong with things being happy sometimes?
>>
>>63908013
I don't get why Finn liked Poe so much. See>>63907962
>>
>>63907800
JJ said it was due to BB8 saying it had a piece of the map and wanted to know if R2 had some off the map too.
>>
>>63907854
Not implied
Or is that "a story for another time" too?
>>
>>63907962
it's not like storm troopers were a fuckin college frat

they were probably all brainwashed assholes and he managed to keep some sort of morality despite all their weird training shit

they obviously all treated him like shit also
>>
>>63907965
Look, I just got out of an abusive relationship of ten years with Lucas. A competently made movie looks good to me at this point.
>>
>>63907862
get to it, then.
>>
>>63908026
He literally saved his life. What's not to get?
>>
File: 573357.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
573357.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>63904914
1) Han Solo fucking dies and literally NO ONE CARES. Leia looks constipated for a second and then what does she do? HUGS NEW GIRL OVER CHEWIE? Fuck that. I literally groaned out loud at that.

2) As stated above there was NO chemistry with Dindu and StronkWomynz. The race mixing agenda was so obvious it was disgusting. Dindu even asks her, "Do you have a boyfriend, a cute boyfriend." and it was meant to be funny. Everyone in the theater sat stone faced at that shit.

3) Arbitrarily finding Luke's older saber again and "Its a long story" yeah one that is probably more interesting than this shit movie.

4) Moved so fast I couldn't connect with anybody, not that I even wanted to.

5) Muh courageous black man versus muh evil white man. Fuck that. Its like they made the First Order purposefully over the top evil and retarded, but also comically shit even though they have all this money and backing to destroy ENTIRE SYSTEMS. Its like some SJW wet dream circle jerk fantasy.

Fuck this movie
>>
>>63908027
But BB8 was already there with the recovered map way before that scene
>>
>>63907807
> reddit
>>
Don't believe anyone mentioned this, but I see everyone complaining about Rey being able to use the lightsaber without issue. You all saw the same movie I saw, right? Because Rey was already really good with that pole weapon of hers, and that was a two handed weapon. Can't imagine a lightsaber is that much harder for someone with experience.
>>
>>63908000
there are people who will defend any "badass female character" for no reason other than that character being a badass female character

doesn't matter if there is 0 explanation like in this, she's super cool and the best at everything because of the force or something lol shut up misogynist

>>63908051
lets be real mate this movie isn't anything special, you can't judge one thing by another thing being shit
>>
>What I did like
Realizing that all the storm troopers recognized Finn as a janitor with no real combat experience, and that they could realistically kick his ass, fancy sword or not.
>>
>>63908037
You're right they're a military unit made up of children raised from infancy to be stormtroopers. The US Marine Corps successfully brainwashes people in 13 weeks. They piss EGAs and tell anyone who will listen that they are in fact Muhreens. Imagine that but you were raised from infant/toddler age to be a stormtrooper and love the First Order. How are you going to just start waxing your fellow Stormtroopers, much less run up and start being buddies with the dude that shot your friend that died in your arms. Makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>63908076

>5) Muh courageous black man versus muh evil white man. Fuck that. Its like they made the First Order purposefully over the top evil and retarded, but also comically shit even though they have all this money and backing to destroy ENTIRE SYSTEMS. Its like some SJW wet dream circle jerk fantasy.

You might he actually disguised your bait if you didn't include this.
>>
>>63907520
Dude its a star wars movie
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.