[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mike liked it It's over.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 290x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 290x320
>Mike liked it

It's over.
>>
>Ironically

>>
>>63902998
They've always eaten up this blockbuster suchanerdlolll marketing movies, for some fucked up reason. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, these dudes have shit taste and/or are shills
>>
He liked a new hope so of course he liked it.
>>
they can't hate the tentpole nerd releases. they know their audience. youtube channels die if they ever alienate their core
>>
>>63904055
Exactly.
>>
>>63904055
>>63903608
you fanboy Redditlettermedia cĂșcks will defend anything they do. if they said transformers were the best movies of the 2000's you would find a way to agree with them.
>>
>>63904055
Then why even take their opinion on anything seriously? They're dishonest.
>>
>>63904324
What. I fucking hate ecelebs I don't know where in your add addled brain you parsed that I was a fan of their from my post but ok anon keep hitting that post button.
>>
>>63904055
So what about the first Captain America and both Thor movies?
>>
>>63904509
The consensus is okay with that. those movies are deemed unlikable.
>>
>>63904594
>Thor 1
>deemed unlikable
lolno.
>>
>>63902998

> There won't be a Plinkett review now

It's over. Fuck these hack frauds
>>
>>63904055
I unsubscribed. They've been going downhill for a while now.
>>
>>63906274
>critics known for saying exactly how they feel about movies said something that didn't pander to me specifically so i unsubscribed
lol
>>
File: 1299531654546.jpg (54 KB, 344x505) Image search: [Google]
1299531654546.jpg
54 KB, 344x505
>Avengers style action movies are worthwhile/memorable

yeah, nah

dropped
>>
>>63906375
Sorry mike, you really have been going downhill. You liked trash like Jurassic World.
>>
>>63902998

STOP LIKING THINGS REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1448162785964.gif (2 MB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1448162785964.gif
2 MB, 400x267
>>63902998
>Liking Jurassic World
>>
TFA is wrought with implausibilities, so much so that it becomes retarded. If Mike/Plinkett applied the same standards to episode VII as they did to the prequels, they would absolutely ravage it.

One TIE fighter can get away from a star destroyer. And disable it's main gunsby itselfwithout dying.

Somehow, Poe survived the crash but didn't at any point run into Fin in the only tiny ass town where he could have gotten to and survived.

A lone scavenger who has to scrape for food rations still somehow has the free time to learn to astromec, wookie, and how to fly the Millennium goddamn Falcon.

An ex-stormtrooper is proficient with a lightsaber combat.

An ex-stormtrooper janitor knows exactly where to go to shut off a planet station's shields.

Phasma doesn't bother to turn the shield back on after the protags leave.

An entire planet's worth of TIE fighters+surface guns can't destroy a few dozen X-wings.

There are others, but you get the idea. TFA is ass for those reasons, and plenty of others.
>>
>>63906719

Agree with the rest but;

>An ex-stormtrooper is proficient with a lightsaber combat.

If he has learned how to wield a melee weapon he could use a lightsaber, you don't need to be force sensitive to use one, you just press the button.
>>
>>63906719

you missed the point.

them joking about plot holes was just them doubling down on the shitpile because it had no soul/emotional core. TFA does.
>>
Mike is a fun guy but he's always had shit taste. I just enjoy his jokes and listen to Rich or Jay's opinions.
>>
>>63906719

>Finn
>proficient in ligthsaber combat

He got his shit ruined by TR-8R though.
>>
>>63906891
>them joking about plot holes was just them doubling down on the shitpile because it had no soul/emotional core. TFA does.

I didn't really sense any core

it was an awfully paced mess
>>
>>63906964
jay's opinions are even worse tbqh
>>
>>63906891
TFA had no soul, it was a procedurally made action blockbuster.
>>
>>63906891
How does it? It just tries to rip off A New Hope but BIGGER AND BETTER, it all feels so hollow.

>We have a Death Star too!
>It's not a moon, IT'S A PLANET
>It doesn't just shoot one planet, IT SHOOTS FIVE

>Your protag lost his family? Hah! Ours never had one lmao

Pardon the spoiler use, I don't post on /tv/ much, so I don't know the etiquette.
>>
>>63907107
we're past the point of spoilers for this movie

han solo dies etc
>>
>>63906719
>Phasma doesn't bother to turn the shield back on after the protags leave.

are you retarded?
>>
>>63902998
>liked TFA
>jesse no longer appears
>fatter than rich
>baneposts
>still alcoholic
>associated with racism because of gilchrist and /tv/
How do we save him?
>>
>>63907032
I think not de-limbing yourself with such an outlandish weapon in the first few swings is pretty damn impressive. Beyond that he even holds his own against Kylo Ren for a time, who is actually trained in the Force. Finn's performance with a lightsaber wasn't perfect sure, but for someone who probably hadn't even heard of one before, he does way too well to be believable. It reeks of plot armor and took me right out of the film, or it would have if I was still invested at that point.
>>
>>63906436
Yeah, IDK how he liked that one.

I'm glad Jay decided to not fully endorse Jurassic World.

So, did Jay really not recommend the movie? Was he legit pissed at "plot holes"?
>>
>>63906964
Pretty this.

I wish they would've gone after the character of Finn more.

Fucking quipping inappropriately, with 0 reason to make a ridiculous fucking escape attempt with a random dude that happens to be the best pilot but was for some reason a spy. No history of misbehaving as a storm trooper buT UPS LETS ESCAPE A STAR CRUISER AND HAVE NO PROBLEM LOLOL
>>
>>63904055
>4chan
>Doesn't donate to their Patreon
>Doesn't buy their merchandise

>Reddit
>Does donate to their Patreon
>Does buy their merchandise

Gee, I wonder whose opinion are they going to pander

Either way their humour is stale and their reviews biased
>>
>>63907397
The scene with the massacre at the village & Finn refusing to take part was all the motivation I needed to buy it.
He did kill a lot of stormtroopers immediately though, maybe he could have said something but I do think it makes sense overall. He might have never been on a combat mission before, he said he was on sanitation; he might have just been a plumber for the most part
>>
>>63907069

The pacing/plot had tons of problems I'll admit.

But the characters were believable and real. Finn, Kylo, Han, BB-8, Poe... they all had clear motivations desires and limitations.

>>63907107

Yeah most of the plot of the last 1/3 of the movie was pretty fucking stupid I can't argue that.
>>
>>63907397

tbqh the vast majority of inappropriate quips were done by han
>>
>>63907578
You mean Poe.
>>
>>63907107
This was the worst thing for me. A THIRD death star blow up climax is unforgivable. What was JJ thinking?
>>
>>63906719
>An ex-stormtrooper janitor knows exactly where to go to shut off a planet station's shields.
i thought they explained this somehow but i don't remember what it was
>>
>>63902998
Mike has to get views and likes from the reddit demo.
>>
>>63907543
>Spends entire life training to be a Stormtrooper
>Conditioning, etc.
>In his first combat scenario decides no
>He has no quarrels killing the people he's spent his entire life with

Finn is the character I have the most problems with.
>>
>>63906719
Finn holds a dying comrade in his arms and decides that he will defect because he doesn't believe in the senseless violence...
Minutes later he's blowing up dozens of stormtroopers "YEAH! DID YOU SEE THAT? HELL YEAH!"
>>
Mike is kind of boned. It's actually possible his recommendation of J J Abrams influenced Hollywood! What was he going to say? "Oh whoops it looks like I was wrong and he had no idea what he was doing lmao"?

>>63907543
>Finn, Kylo, Han, BB-8, Poe
kek someone is missing
>>
>>63907400
>>63907746
This.

This can be seen in the Krampus review where he says Ghostbusters is a perfect movie but in the Ghostbusters II commentary track he said he has some problems with the first movie. He's more honest in content that will be viewed by less people.
>>
serious question

why do you shill you're stuff here? cant you find a larger audience elsewhere?
>>
>>63907400
>4chan
>Doesn't donate to their Patreon
>Doesn't buy their merchandise

we openly pirate our shit, we use adblockers everywhere and generally we don't give money to sit.

So, why the fuck do they keep sending shills?
>>
How can RLM hate Ghostbusters II because it's the same shit, but love Force Awakens?
>>
>>63907765
>>63907779
Is it maybe because they were trying to kill him and it was life or death for him?
>>
>>63907943
it was just done a bit hamfistedly. honestly I think Finn is the part of the movie that works the best, to the point that he nearly winds up seeming more like the main character than Rey.

they just had to have some kind of smooth transition into him just blithely gunning down his former comrades. Just have him be like Arnie in T2 and shoot their legs while he's escaping maybe.
>>
Well they filmed it literally right after watching it at 1:30AM.
His opinion might change as he digests the movie.
>>
>>63902998
Of course he liked it. Didn't you see his review of star trek by jj abrams? He couldn't stop jerking off to it.
>>
>>63908165
he was absolutely correct that the first Star Trek reboot suggested Abrams would be perfect for Star Wars. unfortunately everything else in his career wound up being a more accurate predictor of the film he wound up making.
>>
>>63906719
I agree.

Mike and Jay didn't just "like" the movie. They literally disregarded all criticism and things they picked Lucas apart for in the past.
>>
>'tfa will suck, heres the reasons why'
>all of their predictions come true
>'no but we love it, all of it is great'
hack frauds

honestly i think what some other guy said is true, theyre scared to lose part of their audience by saying out loud what pieces of shit tfa or the avengers really are
>>
Mike just loves 80's style simple stories 80's style static cinematography
>>
>>63906719
>Point 2
Post crash Finn travels to the main town, immediately meets Rey, and they're immediately pursued by the storm troopers and leave. There is no night shot, presumably this all happened in the same day. Poe explains he woke up at night.

>Point 4
Proficient is pushing it pretty hard. In his first fight he skewers some random storm trooper, then in his fight against the guy with the mallet thing he get saved by Solo. In his second fight against Ren he swings 3 times, only one of which connects. The rest of the time he's running/blocking, and within a few minutes he gets his shit packed.

>Point 6
They put Phasma in the garbage disposal. They talk directly about this.

Rest of your points have merit.
>>
IIRC, obi wan explains in ep4 the force and the lightsabers. without using the force, lightsabers are pretty much useless and dangerous.
also fuck the force in ep7, the idea that somehow the force needs to be awakened is laughable midiclorian tier shit.
>>
>long list of problems
>8/10 its good

why do reviewers do this?
>>
>>63902998
>complains about the prequels reusing imagery and situations from the OT
>goes as far as comparing things like Anakin jumping off the flyng car to Luke falling on Bespin
>loves TFA
>>
Disney money speaks loudly. These fuckers are bought.
>>
>nobody mentioning that Luke and other jedis train extensively over a long period of time.
>WOMAN JEDI learns how to use the force within 1 day

woa she must be a natural.
>>
>>63909135

Luke trained for like a fucking week if that with an old senile yoda and the prequels are shit and don't matter.
>>
>>63907217
have you ever held a sword?

did you immediately "de-limb" yourself?

idiot.
>>
>>63904055

what do you mean by "tentpole nerd"
>>
They like capeshit too. Can't we just recognize RLM as cancer already? I hope for their sake they are being shit due to Disney money.
>>
I think we can expect a Titanic-style Plinkett review, both admitting that there is a whole lot of good in it, while also throwing in too many pandering references, containing glaring plot holes and doing a lot of boring retreading (Death Star III). In the end, he'll say on balance it's fine, since it's not Attack of the Clones.
>>
>>63909183

de-limbing yourself with a lightsaber is super easy

I always thought light-sabers are the jedi weapon and they do those crazy spinning moves because they have total control over their bodies via force which they were trained in since childhood but then time and again in the movies people pick up being Jedi like overnight

Even Luke is shit not a true Jedi Knight, he spent like what, several months with Yoda? People trained for being a Jedi for years, any republic padawan would wreck his shit
>>
>>63909200
Star Wars is a Tent-pole(movie industry term meaning Billion Dollar Toy Advertisment) Nerd(audience demographic) release(theater premiere) by the Disney Corporation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tent-pole_%28entertainment%29
>>
>>63909381

ty
>>
>>63902998
Whats wrong with liking Krampus?
>>
>>63909183
Well you see the difference is a lump of metal is not the same as a sword made of pure light that can slice right through steel with the slightest touch like it was nothing. I can rest my hand on a sword without cutting my arm off. I can't rest my hand on a lightsaber without losing it.
>>
Nothing wrong with liking TFA it was a good movie

Liking Jurassic World was a much bigger blunder

Plus for being Episode 100 it was very barebones and by the book
>>
>>63909609

>Liking Jurassic World was a much bigger blunder

I agree with this. Judging even by the standards of formulaic hollywood blockbusters Jurassic World was extremely underwhelming. Don't know why he enjoyed it so much.
>>
>>63909641

But then again, I'm not autistic enough to care about what some hack reviewer thinks about a subjective medium. I just enjoy his insights for what they are.
>>
>>63903639
Lay off the salt, hothead.
>>
>>63909183
the blade of a lightsaber is completely weightless and its way more dangerous than normal blade which is why only force attuned people can handle it with any finesse without killing themselves
>>
>>63909967

>the blade of a lightsaber is completely weightless

How do you know? That's not movie canon.
>>
>>63909991
nigga 95% of SW is not movie canon
>>
>>63909609
>Plus for being Episode 100 it was very barebones and by the book
4 am
>>
>>63910025

Exactly, it's all made up nerd shit that's irrelevent. lmao
>>
why did they pretend like people dont know theyre horrible sellouts
>>
>>63910035
Nobody forced them at gunpoint to do it then and there
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 576x583) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 576x583
>>63902998
>caring about a Idiotic Fat Drunk's opinion
Even then, Mike isn't really a reviewer. He's an entertainer (like Yahtzee). You shouldn't take what he says serious.

You should listen more to actual Intellegent people like Max Landis who have written movies (movies like American Ultra and Chronicle) and know about film-making. Heck, Max Landis is the Citizen Kane of writers and wrote the best movies of this Century.
>>
>>63910162
Washed up nobodies just attract each, huh
>>
Rich fucking hated it. Mike and Jay thought it was okay. All three of them inflated their opinions for the review.
That said, they're all cynical pricks who wouldn't have liked it no matter what was released.
>trailer reaction parodies
>star wars clickbait parody
God forbid somebody enjoy a fucking movie.
>>
>>63902998
It was over when he liked Jurrasic World and The Dark Knight Rises. Anyone who takes this fat retard's word seruously is a bigger retard.
>>
>>63910283

You do realize that holding a summer blockbuster to the same standard as an art house movie is asinine, right?
>>
>>63910132
>implying autists wouldn't fill their twitter and facebook with cries of 'when, you hack frauds?'
>>
>>63910263
I thought Rich thought it was okay, Jay disliked it & Mike loved it.
>>
mike and jay have seen maybe a dozen black-and-white (non-mst3ked) films in their lifetime combined, and there's 0 chance any of them had subtitles. look to them for laffs not for opinions on cinema.
>>
>>63910173
>Max Landis
>writer of American Ultra, Chronicle, and Victor Frankenstein aka the greatest movies of this century
>Nobody
Go back to Tumblr, Mike
>>
File: mike2.jpg (52 KB, 532x520) Image search: [Google]
mike2.jpg
52 KB, 532x520
>>63907184

we don't
>>
Something I was surprised didn't bother Jay was the fact that The Force Awakens does not feature a single Jedi knight.

Luke is in the final 20 seconds and doesn't speak a word, or influence anything at all.

Rey is not a Jedi. She just found a lightsabre and magically learned how to use the Force (woa must b natural)

Finn is the other character to weild said lightsabre and is a former stormtrooper turned rebel, not a Jedi.

How can you write a Star Wars film and not feature any Jedi at all?
>>
>>63910309
>I-I-I-It's okay to eat poop! T-T-There's nothing wrong with consuming it!
Please go back to Reddit, pleb
>>
>>63906375
Mike, you cant criticize movies that are generic, cashgrab one dimensional and then like them just because of money.
It's ironic. I haven't watched RLM in 3 months now because their conclusions aren't even honest and it's always "It's ok, I mean they just wanted money so what they are doing is ok since they are selling it to normies"
>>
>>63910316
/thread
>>
>>63910316
Mike doesn't even like Alejandro Jodorowsky
>>
>>63910386

>He doesn't understand the point of criticism

You're the redditor my friend.
>>
>>63907164

>released 3 days ago
>we're past the point of spoilers

I hope you're severely beaten when you try to apply this logic after you shout this to the line of blue collar mexicans and their horde of children waiting for the 9pm showing.
>>
>>63910365
Star Wars is not about the damn jedis, it's about the fucking war
>>
>>63903639
>for some fucked-up reason

hint: visit their page w/o an adblocker. you'll get the picture.

mike seems like these days he's mostly in it for the dole, although jay just seems like a dreamy gay leprechaun who simply loves to talk about movies.
but since he's into buff dudes from L.A. he probably gets pushed over by mike and just goes along with his money-making-schemes to have an outlet.
>>
>>63910403

ok
>>
>>63910540

>hint: visit their page w/o an adblocker.

I just did and I saw two small ads.

Wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>63907779
He didn't want to kill innocent people you fucking retard, I keep reading this stupidity

He's like a fucking sandnigger who leaves ISIS because he doesn't like to kill fucking french kids and then goes and kills terrorists, it's completely logical

My god you're a bunch of autists who love to pick things apart and you only fail at doing it
>>
>>63910536
The war between....

>PT is about the fall of a Jedi knight
>OT is about the rise of a Jedi knight
>bu-but JJ said Star Wars isn't about Jedi...
>>
>>63910536
>A New Hope
>Luke Skywalker joins forces with a Jedi Knight, a cocky pilot, a wookiee and two droids to save the universe from the Empire's world-destroying battle-station, while also attempting to rescue Princess Leia from the evil Darth Vader.

>Empire
>After the rebels have been brutally overpowered by the Empire on their newly established base, Luke Skywalker takes advanced Jedi training with Master Yoda, while his friends are pursued by Darth Vader as part of his plan to capture Luke.

>Return of the JEDI
>After rescuing Han Solo from the palace of Jabba the Hutt, the rebels attempt to destroy the second Death Star, while Luke struggles to make Vader return from the dark side of the Force.

>hurrrr it's not about the Jedi
>>
>>63910647
Except if he's supposed to be sympathetic because he was stolen as a child and brainwashed - why doesn't that same sympathy apply to all the stormtroopers he butchers?
>>
File: 1448369227714.jpg (60 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1448369227714.jpg
60 KB, 500x370
>>63910536
It's a space soup opera my friend.
>>
>>63910472
>it's okay to like eat shit and not criticize it
Just please do the world a favor and kill yourself.
>>
>>63902998
He also liked Jurassic World and Battleship

Fucking Battleship.
>>
>>63902998
At least now everyone fucking sees that his reviews of the prequels were just 3-hours long "NOT MUUUUUUUUUUUHHH!!!".
Also, Ep2 is the best.
>>
File: tears.jpg (31 KB, 299x403) Image search: [Google]
tears.jpg
31 KB, 299x403
>>63902998
>liked it so much there were tears in his eyes from being so happy
>>
>>63902998
So, no "what's wrong with your face" jokes about this one.

fucking sellouts
>>
>>63909319
>People trained for being a Jedi for years

That is prequel and EU shit.

This is not true anymore.
>>
got it
>>
>>63910474
>Caring about the folk on the other side of the wall.
>>
>>63910945

those tears could have also been from trying to stay awake at 4am
>>
>>63909319
In the OT it was less about training super secret techniques and more about just learning to let the Force in and guide your actions. Which is why Luke defeated Vader with such minimal training.
>>
>>63910953
They made fun of Carrie Fisher's face.
>>
>>63911136
>spending time on Dagobah with the greatest Jedi mentor who ever lived
>minimal training

I can't wait for this meme to end
>>
>>63911212

>minimal training

Yeah doing a few handstands with a senile Yoda really compares to the actual lifetime of training literally every other jedi gets
>>
>>63910365

>rey
>not a jedi

This meme needs to end. It's the same epic tweest as KOTOR, she has already been at least basically trained at Luke's academy and left when Kylo went on his rampage (knowing JJ I'm going to guess this was probably even triggered by her being better than him and him looking to the dark side to compensate)
>>
>>63911307
Complete speculation
>>
>>63911240
>few handstands

Because there's no way the film is just showing an abbreviated version of his training
>>
>>63911373

Absolutely agreed but there's some serious backstory that TFA already established is going to be addressed at some point and I would bet my house it is going to include some sort of Jedi shit
>>
>>63906719
He was just using at as a normal hand to hand weapon, not like he was jumping and spinning and whatnot. He still served in the armed forces and received combat training.
>>
>>63911438
i remember some piece of star wars media saying that lightsabers were incredibly light, and if you didn't use the force to control their movement you would just chop your head off
>>
>>63911469
Idunno about that but we have a lot of non-Jedi/Sith characters using lightsabres.
>>
>>63910832
He also like The Dark Knight Rises and Interstellar
>>
>>63911535
im probably retarded then
>>
>>63903639
>They've always eaten up this blockbuster suchanerdlolll marketing movies, for some fucked up reason.
Yep. After watching the Plinkett reviews, I expected them to be critical so I tried watching their other reviews. Turns out that unless it's the Star Wars prequels, which have a bad reputation that resonates with others, these guys won't dare criticize a big budget blockbuster movie. The best they can do is shit all over some 80s B movie. Even in the Plinkett reviews, they tore apart all the TNG movies but praised JJ's Star Trek, even though they admitted it was something nobody wanted. I thought First Contact was a lot more fun than Star Trek, but apparently Jay and Kike disagree.
>>
>>63903639
>if you enjoy simple, entertaining blockbusters you are a shill and have shit tastes
Literally autism incarnate.
>>
>>63911598
Pretty sure Rich was the real genius behind the Plinkett reviews. Mike is just the pretty boy with the voice.
>>
>>63911598
They hated the Amazing Spider-Man movies and Man of Steel.
>>
>>63902998
That's the only review I waited for, seeing mike happy is so off putting
>>
>>63910953

RLM don't do 'repeated phrase' running gags
running gags like jay being gay are a concept that is brought up in different ways each time
>>
>>63911469
Han Solo uses one in Empire to cut open a Taun-Taun.

Greivous isn't force-sensitive or whatever the fuck they call it either.

When you look at it, in general it would be pretty easy to kill yourself with a lightsaber.
>>
should I try to convince my brother to take me to see star wars for a Christmas present?
>>
You know what bothered me? Why did they only send x-wings at was was clear to be w mile wide target that their blasters wouldn't even dent? I remember the rebellion having quite a few different types of combat ships that could have fit the role better, like actual bombers. What happened to Y-wings? That's not even EU stuff there.
>>
>>63911762
They do love fart jokes though
>>
>>63910945
those are the eyes of people using alchol
>>
>>63911786
Just wait for the video release
>>
>>63910720
>why aren't all of the characters in a fictional universe as noble as the protagonist

So you must be wondering why aren't all the smugglers like han
>>
>>63906719
>One TIE fighter can get away from a star destroyer. And disable it's main gunsby itselfwithout dying.
Maybe because that was an incredibly unexpected occurence, so it took them some time to react

>Somehow, Poe survived the crash but didn't at any point run into Fin in the only tiny ass town where he could have gotten to and survived.
What makes you think there weren't other outposts in other directions than Poe could have gone too?

>A lone scavenger who has to scrape for food rations still somehow has the free time to learn to astromec, wookie, and how to fly the Millennium goddamn Falcon.
She literally spends her time dismantling spaceships and mechanical shits, of course she'd know about those things

Stormtroopers are trained to fight sincethey were kids, and that includes melee combat. Also while he seemed to know at least a bit what he was doing with the lightsaber, he still got BTFO by everyone else.

>An ex-stormtrooper janitor knows exactly where to go to shut off a planet station's shields.
He literally says in the film that he lied about the shields thing because he only cared about getting Rey.

>Phasma doesn't bother to turn the shield back on after the protags leave.
She got thrown into a trash compactor

>An entire planet's worth of TIE fighters+surface guns can't destroy a few dozen X-wings.
It's Star Wars you dumb fuck, most of this shit is about surpassing incredible odds. I mean that scene is literally a carbon copy of the Death Star scene in Ep 4, so if you want to nitpick about something, nitpick about this.

It's like you didn't even see the movie.
>>
>>63911798

Also slide whistle punchlines
>>
>>63910162
This
>>
>>63910162
I was there in that thread, Max.
You're a hipster fuck but you know what?

I'd let you suck my dick if you washed your mouth out and bought the condom.
>>
File: Mike.jpg (326 KB, 854x1440) Image search: [Google]
Mike.jpg
326 KB, 854x1440
>>63910945
>>
>>63911738
Hating Man of Steel is a meme. Meanwhile they eat all the Marvel movies and backpaled on TDKR.

They also said that people that laugh at fart jokes are stupid and then proceeded to laugh all the time and praising Thunderpants during a BOFTW
>>
>>63911902
Feels like some pretty thick sarcasm from this pic.
Was he being serious?
>>
>>63911947

The pic is deceptive, he doesn't actually look at the camera after saying it
and his voice genuinely breaks as if he's tearing up when he says 'it was everything I hoped it would be', he's not speaking in his usual deadpan
>>
>>63911972
Fuck. It really is over.
>>
>>63911947

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvsiJppCdmk
go to 2:50 to judge for yourself
he sounds more genuine than just about anything else he's said before
>>
How the fuck did they find the blue lightsaber?

Luke lost it in 5.
>>
>>63912109

>A good question, for another time

aka it's not important unless you're autistic, it wasn't worth wasting time in the movie on exposition
>>
>>63911996
What's your problem man?
>>
>>63912126
I wish I was autistic but I watched the original trilogy days before TFA and this bothered me the most beside the mary sue Rey.
>>
>>63912109
Movie was decent, i can live with something liike that. Especially compared the infinitely compounded Logic fallacies of the prequels. OT had them too. But the OT had more going on infront then absolutely nothing, so you could overlook it
>>
>>63912167

is it that hard to fill in the blanks and derive that somebody found it in cloud city in a maintenance chute or whatever and over the course of 30 years it eventually fell into Maz's hands?
>>
File: 1435530431481.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1435530431481.gif
1 MB, 280x210
>>63902998
>itt people who disliked tfa and dislike anyone who disagrees with them
>>63907184
>jesse no longer appears
What the fuck even happened to her? I don't obsess over their videos, and never thought she was funny, but she literally just vanished,

Did they split?
>>
>>63912109
They'll explain it in Episode 9. I think Bespin and the retrieval of that saber and what happened to Lando will be touched upon then.
>>
>>63912252
>What the fuck even happened to her? I don't obsess over their videos, and never thought she was funny, but she literally just vanished,

Did they split?

Apparently meme lords got obsessed with her or pretended too and she got creeped out. Like an entire Subreddit dedicated to her type of shit. Can't blame her.
>>
>>63911947
he just wanted to sleep

It was 4am, he didn't give a flying fuck about reviewing fucking star wars
>>
>>63912252

Isn't she preggers with mike's kid or was I memed on?
>>
File: ff4.jpg (23 KB, 500x444) Image search: [Google]
ff4.jpg
23 KB, 500x444
>mfw delicious RLMfag tears

Either that or they backpedal on the TFA is shit line.
>>
File: 1439645405719.jpg (42 KB, 741x486) Image search: [Google]
1439645405719.jpg
42 KB, 741x486
>>63912311
Oh well that's disappointing, people can be assholes.

>>63912345
That wouldn't explain why she isn't in it anymore though

>>63912109
I bet Lando will be in one of the sequels, he'll give an exposition dump about what happened to the Falcon and his city. It probably got ransacked by the empire because they were TR8RS

Billy was at the premier in LA, so he's probably involved or is in contact with Disney. They wouldn't just completely drop him.
>>
>>63912608
>he'll give an exposition dump about what happened to the Falcon

But Han and Rey explained what happened to the Falcon, Han got it back off Lando after Jedi but then it got stolen and passed ownership through a bunch of people until han stole it back before dying, now I guess chewie owns it unless they're giving it to rey which is possible
>>
>>63909158
still, a week with an old master against 30 seconds of just holding the saber.
>>
>>63904408
Holy fuck the damage control.
>I WAS PRETENDING XDDD
>>
Newsflash EUdiots: the only "jedi warrior" training you need is to let go of your preconceptions, clear your mind and feel the force.
>>
The movie will be better if they add +1 hour in some cutting room.

Like, when mr han hit the bucket, they say "I KNOW THIS IS HARD ON YOU, HE WAS LIKE THE FATHER YOU NEVER HAD" after just meeting the guy.

The whole movie was like this. The characters being "best friends" after just having met.

The whole film was "paced" too fast imo. Feels like all of it happened within the span of one day.
>>
>>63912781
>no omg you need to be trained from when you are a baby to be able to even pretend to use it.
>who cares if a long afternoon and night is all Luke Needed to kind of hold his own against Vader
>>
>>63912781
that won't help you win a light saber duel and seriously it takes real masters of qigong decades to master their art. It's not just okay I give myself to the will of space Jesus and now I can do backflips
>>
>>63911830
his character does not at ALL seem the kind to be so jubilant about mass murder of people he's spent nearly his entire life with. if he was shown to be a bit more fucked up mentally, it would have been much better
>>
>>63912798
>The whole film was "paced" too fast imo. Feels like all of it happened within the span of one day.

To Abrahams credit, he had to Both Re-establish Star wars, do fan service AND Set up a new story. Leaving some things out and building on them later is a much better idea, I can never-mind Pao Spalunking Finns Mocha Mudd hole if we see more bonding later. Like Luke and Han got, rather than just

>remember when we did something important?-Anikid Poopcrapper
>>
>>63912841
>It's not just okay I give myself to the will of space Jesus and now I can do back-flips

But they got rid of all of that. They made the raw power of the force. more a highlight than the Saber fighting, any asshole can swing a sword, granted Jedi Reflexes make it far more an appropriate weapon in their hands. But only the ones with the force in em can throw people around
>>
>>63912841
You're saying that if I give myself over to the will of Space Jesus, I can get my X-Wing out of the swamp? Master Yoda, it would take me decades to master this Jedi skill!
>>
>>63912711
you don't even know what he's talking about, do you?
>>
>>63912843
This isn't Evangelion.
>>
>>63906719
Phasma got thrown in the trash compactor
>>
>>63913307
I think it was a throwback line to ANH
>>
>>63913371
Does the fact that it's a callback to ANH somehow negate the fact that she was thrown into the garbage chute?
>>
>>63909967
Except when stabbing someone, then the blade seems to hold the victim against its weight until retrackting, instead of effortlessly cutting the victim in half vertically and making a gruesome messy gore out of protagonist characters.
I fucking hate Star Wars physics.
>>
>>63912162

I can't relate to someone who's not perpetually miserable
>>
>>63913511
You are just overthinking it anon, suspension of disbeleif
>>
>>63906719
I didn't even really like the movie but these are the worst attempts at picking the movie apart possible.
>>
>Plinkett will never mercilessly pick TFA apart
>>
>>63913844
i think He will he did it to Star Trek (2009) And he still thought it was pretty alright
>>
>>63913572
>enjoying Star Wars requires that you turn your brain off
Has science fantasy gone too far?
>>
>>63914033
Give it a good month. That's about when the majority of people realized that Phantom Menace wasn't the second coming that they hoped for.
>>
>>63914033
The cartoons, games, and movies are filled with Deus Ex Machinima, plot holes, and logical fallacies. Getting to pick and choose which ones upset is your fault anon
>>
>>63914033
>I've never seen the original Star Wars movies
>>
>>63914090
>Deus Ex Machinima
>Machinima
>>
>>63914033
TFA has destroyed this board. Shit like this is the fire.
>>
>>63914107
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina

#howiknowyouareunderage
>>
>>63914138
So what is deus ex machinima?
>>
>>63914138
Read his post again.
Who the fuck misspells "machina" that badly?
>>
>>63914167
better spell it out for ya A plot device that solves 'unsolvable' problems
>>
>>63914198
No, that's deux ex machina, you illiterate.
>>
>>63914198
>he literally can't spell
>>
>>63914177
>>63914167
Fuck my life. my bad
>>
>>63902998
The fact they hadn't even discussed Whiplash last year still pisses me off.
>>
>>63910333
checked
>>
>>63902998

I still like RLM, people have different opinions than me and that's fine I guess.
>>
>>63910333
I know you're not Max, but I'm sure he appreciates that post.
>>
>>63903990

>being this edgy
>>
>>63907101
So is any Star Wars movie
>>
>>63914252
Hey, we'll always have their Boyhood and Grown Ups 2 reviews.

I really fucking hope he was fresh out of the theater and what he just watched was still sinking in when they made this. Not the first time he backpedalled his review.
>>
>>63906719
>nitpicking plot details qualifies as film criticism

Hi Confused Matthew!
>>
>>63906719

You morons really need to stop pretending that Star Wars isn't classically 90% conveniences.

They get pulled into a random hanger in the death star and are within walking distance of Leia.
>>
>>63910162
>Max Landis calling someone else's work fanfiction

Oh that's rich
>>
>>63914302

they explicitly stated that they did that review at 4 am because the only showing they could get with good seats was at 1:45 or 1:15. I personally love it when they tear shit movies apart but only when they really deserve it.

What's funny is that I was in a similar situation when I got home from the theater last night, but I honestly liked the new star wars.
>>
>getting this mad over someone not agreeing with you

When did /tv/ become worse than /v/?
>>
>>63914098
the originals were never taken this far

Another thing that rustled my jimmies:
What is the purpose of robots not speaking in a comprehensible human language? Oh nevermind, anyone can understand droid whistles now, just as well as wookie roars, they must be taught as a second language in school. This idiotic infantilism just hurts my brain.
Also the whole concept of droids is plain stupid.
>Star Wars universe is sooooo advanced
>capable of extracting the entire energy of a sun and blowing up multiple planets
>most advanced method of data transfer is building a 40+kg machine only to function as a pendrive
They target audience is really expected to be braindead.
Remind me, why aren't cinemas offering frontal lobotomy to improve the movie experience?
>>
>>63914406
>I can't connect with emotions: the post
>>
>>63906719

ANH is wrought with implausibilities, so much so that it becomes retarded. If Mike/Plinkett applied the same standards to episode IV as they did to the prequels, they would absolutely ravage it.

Why didn't the imperial officers just blast the escape pod when they were clearly aware that the stolen plans could have been in them

Why did they fly to the hidden rebel base while they knew they were being tracked?

Why does Luke Skywalker leave R2D2 unattended in the Death Star, even though R2D2 is the droid everyone's looking for. Why doesn't anyone in the empire get the memo of the missing droids?

In fact, why did the Wise ben kenobi leave the droids unattended in Mos Eisley which was crawling with Stormtroopers?

How did Han arrive exactly at the right moment at the right time to exactly save Luke, when all the other fighters needed to fly through that trench first?

There are others, but you get the idea. TFA is ass for those reasons, and plenty of others.
>>
>>63914406

I liked the new movie but I honest to god thought that the huge planet busting laser that split into several lasers to destroy like 5 separate planets was really dumb.

But I think with starwars as a whole it's filled with ridiculous bullshit but you just have to enjoy the ride, similar to james bond.
>>
>>63914033
It's a fantasy tale, logistics aren't what's important. It's escapism, fantasy. Only complete autists try to overthink the logic of fantasy universes. In the end it's about the mythos, characters, and the universe.
>>
>>63914435
What is it about my post that has to connect with emotions?
>>
>>63907779
Niggers tbqh.
>>
>>63914495
I don't fully agree with that, the original trilogy was at least more or less consistent with itself, Luke needed Thripio or jis ship translating to communicate with R2D2 and only Han could understand what Chewbacca said.
>>
>>63914447
You are forgetting one gigantic fucking flaw in your Argument. This film had likable characters, no shit love scene, over use of effects or Shit dialouge
>>
Pretty glib review tbqh.
>>
>>63914635
Referring to ANH in this post. TFA Is this to a lesser extent. Still liked it though
>>
>>63907032
please tell me that's not really his name
>>
>>63914495
Autists... or people with a minimal sense of logic and some taste..
>>
>>63914727

It is, but there's a neat way he gets his name so it's okay that it sounds kind of dumb.
>>
File: hello reddit.jpg (27 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
hello reddit.jpg
27 KB, 600x400
>>63906719
>>
>>63914727
>please tell me that's not really his name
Who Finn or TR-8R?

Finn got it from a Storm Trooper call sign. Kylo just screams 'TRAITOR!' at him before their short saber fight
>>
>>63908746
The Force is awakened within Rey, you dolt. Not as an entity.
>>
>>63914793
No, people who watch a fantasy movie and then complain about the logic in it. That's autism pure.
>>
>>63908366
>>63914066
>>63914266
>>63915066
sheev's presence is strong in this thread. have you felt it?
>>
>>63914495
You need a sense of scale for space opera though.
>>
>>63904509
Don't mention that anon, it completely shoots down neo-/tv/ arguments
>>
>>63914282
>a new hope is a finely tuned blockbuster

No faggot.
>>
>>63902998
People actually believe Mike liked it and didn't just say he did because he doesn't want to make another Plinkett review.
Kek
>>
>>63904324
cuck
>>
File: tomoko smells herself.jpg (11 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
tomoko smells herself.jpg
11 KB, 221x228
This is my first time visiting this board just to discuss Star Wars, and I am pretty surprised so many of you guys are shitting on it, I mean, it was an enjoyable movie overall. Yes, it was very similar to A New Hope, so what? Don't tell me A New Hope was bad, because it wasn't.
>>
>>63915542
just curious, what board are you from so I can laugh at you and your board for having shit taste
>>
Literally autism: the thread.
>>
File: 1392416139815s.jpg (3 KB, 116x125) Image search: [Google]
1392416139815s.jpg
3 KB, 116x125
>>63915451
RLM fanboys everyone
>>
>>63909183

Because the weightlessness of the blade fucks with your awareness of it, and it wounds at the slightest touch, anywhere on the blade.
>>
>People not realizing that RLM has been full of sellouts since 2012
>Pretending to like TDKR
>Just keep on throwing in more and more people that we don't care about on HITB and BOTW
>Mike is still the only interesting person, but just phones it all in now.
If you were ever dumb enough to sign up for their patreon, now would be the time to pull the plug.
>>
>>63911774

Han was using it as a tool, not a weapon.

Grievous could have had his arms calibrated do to never intersect his body or some other bullshit.

A lightsaber could still be used as a weapon by a normie, but trying to use any finesse or fast, complex movements would be very dangerous.
>>
>>63915906
This entire discussion is fucking retarded. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.
>>
>>63911469
that's just EU shit.

Thank God it's all in the trash now.
>>
>>63915861
You know if they really wanted to "sell out," Mike would have just churned out Plinkett reviews endlessly, right?
>>
>>63902998

But the new Star wars basically took every criticism he had about the prequels, even the director he picked and made that into a movie?
>>
>>63916036
But that would be work. Editing and creating content. It's so much easier to sit in a chair and drink beer and have Rich Evans laugh like a retard at all of your jokes instead.
>>
>>63916108
He didn't suggest JJ Abrams as a criticism. What are you even talking about?

Also
>likeable characters with clear motivations
>practical effects and believable environments
>comprehensible storyline

That is all the exact opposite of the prequels.
>>
>>63916194
>durr Half in the Bag and Best of the Worst don't require lighting, filming, sound mixing, or editing
You clearly have no experience with video production

>inb4 "it only counts as "real" content if it's what I personally want"
>>
>>63916302
Dude, it's low grade shit that you could set up in your garage.

Filming you and your friends sitting around isn't difficult work.
>>
>>63916365
You should do it then. I bet the technical quality and quality of the discussion would be great and you'd make $100,000 on patreon!
>>
>>63916440
I would do it, if I had friends.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.