[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, so I gotta ask, I know there are some women on here so...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 255.jpg (7 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
255.jpg
7 KB, 299x169
Ok, so I gotta ask, I know there are some women on here so... how do you deal with the fact that most movies have a male lead? I mean why not a bourne movie but with a female? Why not a Die Hard with a female lead or a good Tomb Raider ?

I mean im not a SJW but I can see why most women I know dont give a shit about movies in general because you only get romantic comedies and to me thats bullshit.

SJW should actually try to make more movies with female leads instead of bitching and moaning about irrelevant shit.

You know for a while I thought the movie industry was shittier and shittier but couldnt pin point why exactly until today when I was watching Sicario...it suddenly hit me..this is what the world cinema needs MORE FEMALE LEADS... I was spellbind...Blunt's acting was amazing....finally a real woman...but then you forget about the woman and its about the character and the emotions.

Stop and think about it for a second, your first reaction will be to laugh but think about it, its time we explore new things in cinema.
>>
Men generally live more interesting lives.
>>
>>63902817
The problem isn't female roles, it's that they're pandering.

Sarah Conner and Ellen Ripley didn't spout "Looks like this is a job for a GIRL!" They just did what they had to do. Emily Blunt embodies that today.

Unfortunately most of today's films pander too much, so instead of a bad ass soldier who happens to be a girl, a female character is presented as a girl who happens to be a bad ass soldier.

Feminism is a mrketig tool at this point.
>>
>>63902898
not anyone on /tv/ tho
>>
>>63902817

If you need a movie to exactly emulate your life, and every character focus to be a reflection of yourself to be able to relate to and enjoy a story, then you have some actual problems. I'm female but I grew up heavily into sci-fi and fantasy books and video games which were at the time (and still are to a degree) aimed at a male audience and written from a male perspective with male focus characters.

But we're all human, we all have common aspects of humanity to bind us together and relate to. If you can't step out of your own mind to understand and get to know another person's character, then grow the fuck up and start learning how to actually empathize with others.
>>
>>63902817
Female protagonists don't tend to be written as well as men nowadays because there's an added focus on being 'progressive.' So I'm fine with movies having male leads even if I'm not male, the characters tend to be better and I can relate to a good character whether they're male or female. Hopefully the SJW craze will die down soon and women can start being written well as characters.
>>
>>63903017
I wish I could stamp this on the inside of everyone's eyelids.
>>
Little boys play with soldiers, little girls play with dolls
Boys want to project into a male lead kicking asses
Girls want to project into a female lead being mistreated by a rich douchebag
A girl often watch an action movie because she finds the male lead attractive

We're just monkeys after all. We do what we're told to do.
>>
>>63902963
>Emily Blunt embodies that today.

In what other movies besides Edge of something? I know she did some lifting, so that is great. Yes, i'm looking at you, mother of dragons.
>>
>>63902817
If I lived in a world where 90% of the movies and books made were made by women, and had women leads, I wouldn't care, since it's the fault of men for being shittier writers. It's just reversed nowadays, and instead of just making more movies written by women they hamfist female leads where they don't belong, which makes everyone else hate them.
>>
typical male jobs that you encounter in society:

-blue collar worker
-white collar worker
-CEO/president of a company/some kind of business owner
-soldier/spec ops
-cop/SWAT/FBI field agent/CIA clandestine operative
-firefighter
-doctor/scientist
-high power lawyer or politician
-engineer of any kind

typical female jobs that you encounter in society:

-white collar worker
-hairdresser/nail salon worker
-teacher
-stay at home mom
-mid level lawyer or politician

Which one offers more opportunities for good movies? would you watch a movie with a female lead who plays a hair stylist that works part time during the week and then goes to the club on friday and saturday nights for 10 years straight?
>>
>>63903240
Women are doctors and scientists too....

And you totally wrong with jobs having anything to do with movies. This board, man, i swear...
>>
As a woman, I find I like good male-lead movies to see once and good female-lead movies (which I'm starved for) to see more than once. Favorites this year have been The Martin and Mad Max.

Men are perfectly able to create movies with compelling female characters. They just are more interested in writing about themselves most of the time. Can't say I blame them.

SJW's write criticism, not fiction. They should stay far far away from the creative process. The Room is an example of a screenplay by an actual female writer. I'd like to see more like that, not some agenda-motivated tripe.
>>
>>63903323
> The Martian
Sorry. My post was bitten by autocorrect.
>>
>>63902817
I kinda liked tomb raider
>>
File: 1425153019751.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1425153019751.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>63903312
>Women are doctors and scientists too....
>>
>>63903017
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>63903134
Sicario.

To be fair, she's hasn't done many...Charlize Theron and Lena Headey are good at it too.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.