[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So was Rey trained by Luke or the Knights of Ren? Luke wiped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 3
File: Rey.jpg (434 KB, 600x875) Image search: [Google]
Rey.jpg
434 KB, 600x875
So was Rey trained by Luke or the Knights of Ren? Luke wiped away her memories, right? Probably because he loved her as a daughter and was devastated by her turning to the darkside?
>>
She was not trained by anyone. She learned everything on her own, apparently.
>>
>>63901322
'no'

Too much foreshadowing and hints imply her past isn't what she says/thinks it is
>>
>>63901607
Then what is her past?
>>
>>63902234

She might turn out to be one of the kids that was being trained by Luke. After that went to shit, maybe she was mind-wiped and dropped off on Jakku.

I hope she doesn't turn out to be a Skywalker. I'm tired of watching movies about Skywalker personal drama.
>>
>>63902234
we don't know yet shit lord. but they alluded to it way too much for it not to be relevant
>>
>>63901238
They ruined the whole movie with her character. It took Luke three movies to achieve a lot of what she did in the first hour. Trash.
>>
She kinda fought like Sheev did with a light saber.
>>
>>63902420
Maybe she's just that much better than her father. U mad?
>>
>>63902503
Well that is the point of Mary Sue characters. They are better then everyone else.
>>
File: cantpeavethesheev.png (756 KB, 1200x816) Image search: [Google]
cantpeavethesheev.png
756 KB, 1200x816
Did you notice the stabbing motion she kept making when fighting Kylo, where she pulls the hilt near her cheek and lunges forward? I just rewatched the movie and noticed she did that three times in the fight.

Know who is famous for that EXACT technique?

Sheev

It's clear that after Snoke, who is zombie Sheev who survived with the power of the dark side, stole Luke's prize pupil (and his other pupils as well) to create the Knights of Ren, Luke stole Sheev's young pupil, Rey. He erased her memory and left a trail to him on Jakku and inside R2D2 so she could return to him, with no prior knowledge of her training under Sheev.

She magically knows how to fight with a lightsaber, beats a powerful dark jedi (though he was hurt) and she uses Sheev's signature stabbing technique THREE TIMES. It's obvious that he trained her.

Remember when zombie Sheev says "bring the girl to me". He wonders if this mysterious girl who resisted Kylo's legilimency could be his lost apprentice.

Screencap this post for when the next movie drops
>>
>>63902669
Snoke is Plaguies though.
>>
The vision when she touches the sabre shows she was left by her family when she was a little girl. She wasn't trained, she just felt the Force when Kylo Ren tried to read he mind and she turned it back on him.
>>
>>63901238
Why would the Knights of Ren train her then try to kill her?
>>
>>63902597

No one will ever out Mary Sue ep1 Anakin. Created 3PO & R2. Built his own pod racer and won with it. Accidentally single-handedly destroyed that stupid blockade ship over Naboo. Everyone loves him.

Skywalker hero ranking:
Luke=Rey>>>>> Anakin
>>
I love how /tv/ are now trying to defend ReySue because RLM loved her, but their cognitive dissonance means the only way they can do this is to literally invent her backstory based on zero evidence.
>>
>>63902818
For some reason /tv/ is obsessed with this mindwipe nonsense
>>
>>63902712
I guess Plaguies could've taught the stabbing move.
>>
>>63902788
>Luke=Rey

why
>>
>>63902712
Considering Disney wants a wide audience for these films, it seems much more likely that Snoke is Sheev, rather than a character only mentioned once in the films. Though I would be impressed if they did bring in Plagueis.
>>
>>63902788
>Everyone loves him.
We all know how much everyone loves Anakin from The Phantom Menace. Especially critics like RLM and other youtubers. They cannot stop saying great things about him.
>>
>>63901238
she's is for sure a mind wiped former jedi/dark jedi. The visions were her memories coming back to her and it explains her advanced jedi skills. basically they ripped off the idea from KOTOR
>>
>>63903059
So if she a fully trained Jedi at five does that mean we can look at Anakin killing the Padawans as self defense since they would all be bad ass Jedi then?
>>
>>63901238
Why isn't she holding BBC?
>>
>>63903189
That comes in episode VIII. That she needs training for.
>>
>>63901238

So I take we don't find anything about this staff right?
>>
>>63903173
the little girl memory was implanted.
>>
>>63902669
I am so fucking glad that another anon noticed this. I was sitting in the theater watching it for the first time and I notiched she pulled the Sheev Stab about 4 or 5 different times. there must be some kind of connection there
>>
>>63902960
We are talking about in-universe here, dummy.
>>
>>63902669
I rather have her being Sheev's pupil than Luke's. At least that'll make for SOME internal conflict and hopefully it will not solve within the same movie.
>>
>>63903368
Sorry, didn't mean to get your fanboy star wars underoos all in a bunch there.
Course that's not true either. A lot of people in-universe didn't really care for him either.
>>
>>63903333
So Rey was never a little girl. OK.
>>
Just watch, they'll make her better than Anakin even though he was created by the Force itself.
>>
>>63902753
Kylo wasn't trying to kill her. He was toying with her. He was trying to bring her to the dark side.

Kylo is very manipulative. Just look at what he did to Han.
>>
I rolled my eyes so hard at that hypnotic suggestion scene in the prison cell with her and the stormie.

I thought they were just going to do that funny gag callback from A New Hope, and the guy would just scoff and walk away, but they kept trying at it. She has to be mind wiped, otherwise that was some fucking bad character progression.
>>
>>63903731
>Kylo wasn't trying to kill her.
>Just look at what he did to Han.
But, uhm... He killed Han.
>>
>>63903564
stop playing dumb, faggot. she was not a little girl when she got left on jakku. she was much older and her visions are a combination of implanted memories and real memories coming back. that's the theory anyway
>>
>>63903791
But he was manipulating Han into believing there was still hope for him just so he can buy time as the sun drained. It was a genius move because creating misdirection was the best thing to do because Kylo knows how powerful Rey is. He wanted to distract her with Han.
>>
>>63902669
I think that's based on her being more used to fighting with her staff.
>>
>>63903780
Helllllloooooooooo Reddit!
>>
>>63903849
Did you watch the movie you dumb shit? She was a little girl when was left on the planet in the flashback she saw.
>she was much older and her visions are a combination of implanted memories and real memories coming back. that's the theory anyway
Just because you like your fanfic doesn't mean its a fucking theory.
>>
She's naturally really strong in the force and has daibo skills from shooting wombats in her t-16 back at home or something.
>>
>abandon daughter to go on a pilgrimmage to prevent dark jedis

Naw, he was just a shitbeat dad. He INCREASED the chance of her being dark jedi by leaving her to her own devices.
>>
>>63903882

What the fuck movie were you watching?
>>
>>63904024
Rey was watching the altercation between Han and Kylo. If Kylo tried to kill Han too soon, Rey would have jumped down and try to kill him.

Kylo is a genius manipulator and he will manipulate Hux and Snoke soon too.
>>
>>63903909

Fuck off shitposter
>>
>>63901238
They specifically had Ewan McGregor come back to voice the line "these are your first steps" during her vision.

This automatically invalidates the theory that she had any prior Force knowledge.
>>
If she is so powerful in the force, how could she get mindwiped in the first place? She should be able to remember everything because even the most powerful force user couldn't keep her memories hidden from her.
>>
>>63902788
While you're not wrong about Anakin being a 9 year old Jesus Christ, he didn't build R2.
>>
>>63904149
That would be great if somehow they can shoehorn a youngish Obi Wan in. Force is magic and everything.
>>
>>63901238

You've been playing too much KOTOR.
>>
>>63902332
>tired of skywalker stories
>watches star wars
>>
File: 1450241912251.png (223 KB, 493x440) Image search: [Google]
1450241912251.png
223 KB, 493x440
>>63903896
>I'm so used to stabbing people with my staff.
>>
>>63902788
Anakin was a mary sue, and yet they did out mary sue him
With rey
>>
>>63902450
>>63902669
>>63903336
Ugh, you people.

>getting her ass beat by a badly wounded Kylo
>The Force is mentioned
>she stops and begins reading Kylo's memories
>begins using Sith attacks on Kylo

Shit's self explanatory.
>>
>>63904301
>pulled a fighting style from a sith that doesn't use it

yeah nah your a cunt
>>
>>63903984
If history has taught us anything it's that the Skywalker lineage is more susceptible to the dark side if trained from a young age as opposed to fully grown.
>>
>>63904407
>Kylo is a Sith
>Kylo could easily use the saber on cheek stabbing motion with his cross-guard

Get your head out of your ass and look at the obvious, instead of your dumbass theories, bitch.
>>
>>63904556
Kylo very clearly used a broadsworded fighting technique.

lol
>>
>there are still people who look into the paper thin lore this movie produces

For fucks sake, star wars is trash. Just watch the movie and enjoy it nerd. Read non fiction and think about shit besides these cartoons
>>
>>63903956
Theory: an idea or set of ideas that is intended to explain facts or events
: an idea that is suggested or presented as possibly true but that is not known or proven to be true

You seem upset.
>>
>>63904654
>Making up shit out of your ass is now a theory.
Its OK, being a fanboy defending a shitty script is hard.
>>
>>63904149
I'm not taking any sides here but, could it be that these are the first steps into the path of the lightside?
>>
>>63901238
bitch a toddler when she got abandoned. luke saved her ass. she has no training. shes le ebin sronk woman and thats all she'll be unless she turns to the darkside.
>>
>>63904301
She uses the Sheev technique before she stops to go super saiyan or whatever, and also Kylo doesn't use the technique so I doubt she got it from his brain. She seems to have been trained to fight that way and that's just how her motor skills work despite the fact that she doesn't remember being trained.
>>
>>63904635
No.
>>
>>63901238
My theory is that she is Skywalker kid.
>Kylo kills all the Jedi luke is training
>Gets to his little cousin she is like 4-8
>Cannot bring himself to kill her (even I'm in the movie he is conflicted about killing relatives)
>He mind wipes her, drops her off on a remote planet, and calls it good.
>Luke returns, sees every one is dead, training ground absolutely destroyed, assumes daughter is dead, leaves in despair.

This explains Kylo's reaction to the news that 'some girl' helped Finn abd the Droid escape jakoo. He knew that is where he left her.
>>
>>63905065
I'm still not sure why Kylo kept looking at Finn and mentioning force awakening and all that.

If it was for Rey shouldn't she have already been force aware to a point? It wasn't until she gets mind molested it becomes a thing.
>>
>>63905198
Wasn't it smoke that brought up that he could feel the force awakening and asked if Kylo could feel it as well? The mind wip/block could of been inhibiting or limiting her use of the force, but after getting captured and mind fucked the barriers were weakened? Kylo's initial probes seemed to work easy, but as he went on she resisted more and more until she was reading him, as if the mind interigation was making her stronger.
>>
>>63905401'
Maybe.

But that doesn't explain him constantly eyefucking Finn? Unless it was only because he didn't shoot some villagers? But that's a weird ass thing to pick up on with the force.
>>
>>63905712
Kylo is a big believer in the cause of the empire, the dark side, and snoke. To the point t where he even kills his own father. The fact that Finn betrayed that cause is a reason for him to hate finn. But yeah in the opening scan where he looks at him I just assumed he sensed the strong emotions from Finns fear, remorse, whatever.

Hard to say tho.
>>
It could all be a red herring, but she really does hit the Skywalker beats that both Anakin and Luke did with incredible aptitude for the force, a natural affinity for machines, and great piloting skills out of the box.
>>
>>63905198
Pretty sure Finn is going to be Force Sensitive too, during the big blow-up-ALL-the planets scene you can see him react like he hears all the screams of the dying, and the clutch shot he pulls off while escaping Jakku seemed like some kind of Force-Synch tag team thing with Rey

Rey will probably be the force prodigy super Jedi while Finn will be the second banana
>>
>>63907128
It would make sense.

I thought it's really hard to use a lightsaber at all if you're not at least force sensitive.

...or whatever the fuck grievous was.
>>
>>63902669
Shee is Sheev's daughter.
>>
>>63904927
That, or the Sheev Stab is just an instinctive lightsaber technique when you're drawing on the Dark Side.

It's been discussed a few times already, but it's worth repeating: Rey's defeat of Kylo was Dark Side as fuck. Not only does she pull out the Sheev Stab, but she hammers him down in a way that's a lot like Luke unleashing his hate and battering Vader in ROTJ. Not to mention once she's cut him and brought him down it looked like she was going to kill him.

Isn't there some EU shit that talks about how Sheev didn't really have a fighting style, he just sort of gave into the Dark Side and let it fight for him?
>>
why didnt ghost vader visit kylo and tell him to stop?
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.