[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like I should have just stayed home and rewatched Episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: star-wars-family-review-900.jpg (15 KB, 300x220) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-family-review-900.jpg
15 KB, 300x220
I feel like I should have just stayed home and rewatched Episode IV.

The Force Awakens went full poetry, lifting every plot point from the original movie and oversaturating it with cool explosions, snappy dialogue, and boasts of being bigger-and-better, all the while discarding the magic of its predecessor.
>>
>all the while discarding the magic of its predecessor

got any concrete thoughts to back this up? other than you didnt see this movie when you were 5 years old?
>>
We get it, you're a racist and misogynistic bigot.
>>
>>63900527
Hey tumbler
>>
Is Abrams capable of putting anything original in his films?
>>
This movie poetry-ed so hard it doesn't rhyme, it just stole from.
>>
File: phasma about to get wooked.jpg (90 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
phasma about to get wooked.jpg
90 KB, 768x433
BRAVO JJ
R
A
V
O
>>
>>63900512
It's based mostly off what I feel. Star Wars felt like it told a journey of a guy progressing through a fictional world and it felt like he was doing it for a reason. I was excited to explore, discover, lose loved ones and win victories with Luke Skywalker.

This movie felt like it took a blueprint or check-list of the events of A New Hope and just tried to emulate them and surpass them by being bigger and better.

One thing I noticed was that there was no thoughtful, magic scene like Alec Guiness reminiscing about the Jedi and his adventures with his old apprentice and pondered about beginning something new and great. The characters in this movie didn't seem to have that same epic direction, they just seemed to be doing things because they resembled the things that happened in the original trilogy because that's what fans want I guess.
>>
Absolute bullshit

The "magic of the originals" is the only thing this film had in common with Star Wars. Besides the general sequence of events this film easily could have been completely unrelated to Star Wars, it felt more disconnected than the prequels did
And it was STILL better than Return of the Jedi
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 5927x3600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 5927x3600
It's a small scale update of ANH. It demonstrates that the Republic has been morally undermined by the external threat, and it's decision to fund the Resistance terrorists.

The First Order is kind of a reflection of the fact that we see smaller and smaller radicals getting their hands on larger forms of weaponry. The dangers in the sequel trilogy are that much more immediate for that reason.
>>
The originals are unwatchable unless you can find the de specialized.

http://youtu.be/QXifjbxZDAM
>>
>>63900983
Lol no. The despecialized suck shit. The changes Lucas made were kind of shitty, but the specialized versions look way better.

I could not sit through the despecialized versions, the films looked like shit back then.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.