[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>one of, if not the biggest franchise in American movie history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: JUST.jpg (319 KB, 1820x753) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
319 KB, 1820x753
>one of, if not the biggest franchise in American movie history
>the most hyped film for well over a decade; possibly the most hyped film of all time besides TPM
>opening in over 4,100 theatres over the USA
>playing 24/7 in almost every movie theatre it's being shown in, on every screen
>huge number of presales, higher than any other movie by a substantial margin
>tens of millions of fans across the country
>the biggest marketing campaign of all time
>film's strongest market is by far the USA
>tens of thousands of manchildren seeing the movie dozens of times each over the opening weekend

>STILL can't beat Jurassic World day-for-day domestically, apart from its opening day which is bolstered by cheating Thursday evening "midnight" showings

Am I supposed to be impressed?
>>
I have no idea how Jurassic World did so good.
>>
>>63898869
Dinosaurs have more appeal than space nerd shit
>>
summer movies always do better than winter movies since more people have time off, more people want to go outside and more people are not busy preparing for christmas
>>
>>63898811
>STILL can't beat Jurassic World day-for-day domestically, apart from its opening day which is bolstered by cheating Thursday evening "midnight" showings

Jurassic World had these too, faglord.

it's so hilarious how you manchildren want to label this movie a failure so badly you'll go through the most extreme mental gymnastics to do it
>>
>>63898811
>Am I supposed to be impressed?
Yes. Considering how horrible the movie is, you should be impressed that it's even making money.
>>
>>
>>63898811
Well if you take:
Mass marketing to a criminally high level
Media blackout for people wanting to avoid spoilers
Paid for reviews the day it releases
Nostalgia for the series/setting

And put it all together, flop confirmed. Now that people have seen it's shitty nature for themselves, they won't go back.
I can't believe it failed so hard by playing it safe, but then again with the amount of marketing, we should have known it was shit.
>>
>>63898869
>dinosaurs
>Perfect time to cash in on adults who now have families who were kids when the first came out
>Chris Pratt leading man
>hot redhead

It was really designed to win
and was better than TFA tbqh
>>
>>63899005
How about the rest of the points? Sure, they both had Thursday openings, but why has TFA been doing worse than jurassic world on every day except it's opening day, given all the points in OP?
>>
>>63899147
Summer movies always make more than winter releases.

People are busy as shit around the holidays.
>>
>>63899123
Better than force Awakens.... now that's funny.
>>
>>63899180
The two highest-grossing films of all time were released in December.
>>
>>63899249
It's not that hard this year tripfag
>>
Star Wars had:
>Six theatrical movies
>An animated theatrical movie
>2 made-for-TV movies
>4 animated series
>a Christmas special
>A bunch of Lego cartoons

Jurassic Park had:
>3 theatrical movies

Not to mention the fact that our culture never, ever stopped discussing Star Wars so there wasn't as much to miss. Jurassic Park wasn't really discussed much for the last decade so the excitement of its return was greater.
>>
Heard you talking shit
http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/dec/21/star-wars-the-force-awakens-takes-517m-as-box-office-records-tumble
>>
>>63899553
>An animated theatrical movie
>2 made-for-TV movies
>4 animated series
>a Christmas special
>A bunch of Lego cartoons

Only children and manchildren fanboys saw these things.
>>
>>63898811
>the most hyped film for well over a decade; possibly the most hyped film of all time besides TPM

I thought TDK had more hype, but I might be wrong
>>
>ITT: TFA fags in damage control mode
Just give up already. Facts don't lie. Just your retarded opinion.
>>
>>63899672
>“I don’t think ever in the history of movies has their been more hype leading up to release of a film,” said Jeff Bock, senior box office analyst at Exhibitor Relations Co. “This is a huge, huge win.”
To be honest, The Phantom Menace had greater hype than this steaming pile of JJ shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 600x450
There are people RIGHT NOW that actually think this will beat BOTH of Based Cameron's top films
>>
>>63898923
>summer movies always do better than winter movies since more people have time off, more people want to go outside and more people are not busy preparing for christmas
Yeah? Tell that to James Cameron and his double 2 billion dollar movies.
>>
this new stars wars wont even touch Avatar's box office gross.
>>
File: btfo.png (233 KB, 599x398) Image search: [Google]
btfo.png
233 KB, 599x398
>>63899981
shhh, don't say that out loud. You'll trigger legions of TFA shills
>>
>>63900128
Based Jim can't be stopped by neckbeard nerd garbage.
>>
>>63899147
because the people most excited for TFA went on thursday night. TFA still made more money in the same timeframe. You're moving goalposts because you're so desperate to label TFA a flop.

>>63899303
Avatar and Titanic had really average opening weekends. They made so much money because they kept playing for months.
>>
>>63900270
Titanic managed to BTFO of tomorrow never dies (James Bond movie) in big their opening weekends, that's worth above average merit
>>
this same thread was made earlier.

is this one of those famed 'bot threads' ive been hearing about?
>>
>>63900454
>he says as the 1000th star wars thread is posted on /tv/ today
>>
File: 1418242385198.png (253 KB, 786x715) Image search: [Google]
1418242385198.png
253 KB, 786x715
>>63898869
dinosaurs, faggot.
>>
>>63899147
Summer movie vs winter movie, boy...
>>
>>63900270
>because you're so desperate to label TFA a flop.
I don't think anyone is considering it to be a flop, anon. The fact that its giant marketing efforts still couldn't beat Jurassic World is pretty shocking. If it doesn't pass Avatar, then the marketing was a failure imo.
>>
>>63901041
>Summer movie vs winter movie, boy...
Not him, but it doesn't matter. Winter has had more success than the summer when it comes to billion dollar movies. Just ask James Cameron and his combined $4 billion dollar twins, Titanic and Avatar.
>>
>>63899249
Not really. They're both equally forgettable.

Challenge: quote a line of dialogue (other than TRAITOR) from either film that didn't appear in the trailers in less than five seconds.

Describe a scene from either movie in moderate detail that didn't appear in the trailers. You have, again, five seconds.
>>
>>63901370
Not him but, I remember:

>I'M WAITING FOR MY FAMELIEEH - Rey

and Han "Just Stab My Shit Up" Solo fell down after his son culturally enriched him with his cross lightsaber.

That's pretty much it. The Starkiller base and the final attack went by lightning quick that I don't even fucking remember what happened.
>>
>>63901370
The scene between masrani and wu after indomitus first escapes and masrani tries to play the DINDU NUFFIN WRONG.

That exchange about the canary and the cat and how the dinosaurs were made to cater to human expectations was good. The first act of JW was genuinely good imo. Rest of it is pedestrian action fare.
>>
>>63901309
>The fact that its giant marketing efforts still couldn't beat Jurassic World is pretty shocking

It grossed seven million less worldwide than Jurassic World and it didn't have China, while Jurassic World did. It's doing fine.
>>
>>63901581
>mfw China bombs due to >nigger >female lead looks too chinese when she smiles and not like a real beauty >kylo ren looks like a mexican
>>
>>63901581
>It grossed seven million less worldwide than Jurassic World
Because its box office run didn't even end yet

>China
Someone posted a recent survey and the Chinese couldn't give two fucks about the movie. It's also suffering in Korea.

>It's doing fine.
Good goy.
>>
>>63901370
The kids in the glass ball watching jimmy Fallon be a dork

The delicious sweaty redhead aunt telling the kids to get in the back of the van

The final battle were blue and rexy fight the irex which ends with mosasaur delivering the killing blow

That nanny death everyone got butthurt about
>>
>>63901370
turok dinosaur hunter running from the Irex when it breaks the gate and hiding under the jeep cutting the fuel line to mask his smell. Then the fat guy gets eaten.
>>
why is it so important to you that JW beats SW? do you have stock in this or something? the disney execs are going to make their returns back either way.
>>
>>63902104
The best Waifu should win
>>
>>63902104
Because Disney threw TFA shit at you, left and right, and yet Jurassic World still managed to hang on.
>>
>>63901370

"Do I talk first or you talk first? I talk first?

"Oh really? you're cold?"

Kylo Ren having a tantrum while the storm troopers patrol in and then decide to act like they're patrolling the other way

That bad ass moment where the Mary Sue bumps the Falcon in order for Finn to shoot the immobile turret.

"STAY CALM"
"I am calm"
"I was talking to myself"

didn't see the trailers but the movie had fun with itself.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.