[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Bennington/Ron&Fez, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
Thoughts on Bennington/Ron&Fez, /tv/?
>>
>>63896160
Washed up radio jocks.
>>
Gail is a cutie but the show is really boring now, every show feels identical and nobody is willing to stir the pot or disagree with Ron. It was funny the first few weeks with the new content and the flirty dynamic with Gail and Pepper with daddy Ron looking over, but you can't carry a show with that. Now it's like some music show on NPR or something.

I get that Ron never wants on air drama again, though. I don't blame him one bit, and if he's happy then I am happy for him even though I don't listen anymore.
>>
File: agirlistouchinme.jpg (24 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
agirlistouchinme.jpg
24 KB, 600x399
I miss soundboard fez
>>
>>63896303

I'm always doing something else while listening though, so I can phase in and out when I want. I feel like some of the shit is annoying/boring but I like all the people on air, honestly.
>>
>>63896412
I do the same and once I am out of R&F content I might go back to Bangton but for the moment I have tuned out.

Funny, I listened to thousands of hours of O&A over a few years and now I can't even listen to old shows I used to like, I burned myself out on it and now it's just harsh to my ears and I can only listen to R&F. Right now I am going through some of the good playlists on youtube. R&F has a lot of shit content (not a fan of early XM stuff), but once you get on a roll or find a good playlist you're set. Going through Fezzy's Problems right now.
>>
>>63896160
Ron and his yesmen is not great radio. But I can't blame him for doing it, he's gradually passing his career down to his daughter.
>>
>>63896303
Oh wait, let me amend this. Smoking with Chris is the greatest thing ever. I forgot all about it.
>>
>>63896617
Seriously, start this shit at 11:20 and look at this utter savage's life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGfSgAvLUvY
>>
>>63896747
And Gail's fucking tits. drunkposting in my own personal thread at this point I don't even give a fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtosWINAi9o
>>
>>63896303
Yeah. The show is Ron, young female version of Ron, and Pepperkeet. It's infuriating how they all have to agree all the time. They'll have entire segments about film where they even have callers bring up movies and EVERY SINGLE TIME Gail and Ron will agree, and in the rare instance Pepper disagrees he'll just be like "Yeah Ron I'm dumb lol". I mean I guess film conversations in post-Dave and Earl era R&F weren't much different because Fez hadn't seen anything, but it's still less frusterating when it's less people agreeing. And the film thing is just emblematic of the whole show's agreement problem. I honestly would prefer it if they toned down the film and music talk, even though I used to enjoy it on Ron & Fez.

Gail doesn't even really offer a younger or more progressive view on things. She's on the same page as Ron even on things you'd think she would have to be considering the age difference.

I miss the drama and the weirdness of Fez a lot, I never got tired of that like some people. But hell, I'm not even asking for that to come back, I just want someone with a slightly different personality type.

I still don't dislike the show and do listen a fair amount, I just can't listen everyday like I did Ron & Fez.
>>
>>63897026
>Gail doesn't even really offer a younger or more progressive view on things
Well, Gail seems like she definitely has more "progressive" views, but she isn't allowed to voice them because she won't disagree with Ron and she knows he would decimate her in the argument if he was trying. Which is just worthless because even when they do disagree now they don't want to say it. It's fucking infuriating sometimes. I wouldn't hate some kind of politically correct little rant from Gail once in awhile, annoying as it would be, just so that we could get some conflict and arguments going.
>>
>>63897123
But what adult is afraid to disagree with their father? I don't understand it. I mean I know Ron is always going to take control of the room and probably could never have a truly equal co-host at this point, but just the level of disagreement that we used to get from Dave, Earl, or Fez would be fine. Maybe it's that Ron only wants you to disagree if you're someone he can shit on and belittle about it.

I actually miss Molly. She would disagree with Ron.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.