[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: John_Williams.jpg (785 KB, 1144x1400) Image search: [Google]
John_Williams.jpg
785 KB, 1144x1400
what went wrong?
>>
rey's theme was good.
he's not really a consistently great composer. phantom menace had a good score, but clones didn't. sorcerer's stone had a good score, but chamber of secrets didn't etc
>>
>>63894413
To be fair, this isn't the first time Williams has made a forgettable Star Wars score. Everyone faps to The Phantom Menace's score but no one ever talks about Attack of the Clones's score.
>>
>>63894611
Excuse me uncultured faggot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEaoh_NeZV8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J26dg1FhtuI
>>
>>63894513
>>63894611
fun fact: aotc' score and chamber of secret's score sound almost exactly the same
>>
>>63894513
so is he a hack now? i only did liked rey's theme that's the only memorable piece of new star wars music that stuck to me.
>>
>>63894413
Characters were bland and so was the score.
>>
>>63894513
TPM had Duel of the Fates, from AOTC I remember the Kamino theme, Anakin/Padme theme and that music in the only scene with Palpatine as Darth Sidious.
>>
>>63894413
The orchestration on this one wasn't done by Williams but by some Chicago hack. He has only written the suites and conducted them. Obviously the new dude wanted to emulate Williams's "richness" that he's known for, but still ended up with a very sterile and a little bit clunky, subdued composition with little dynamics.
>>
>>63894779
yeah in fact it's the only score that isn't done by the London Symphony Orchestra, so that's disappointing. I wonder if it's Disney fault
>>
>>63894413
J U S T
>>
File: marky_mark.jpg (37 KB, 420x600) Image search: [Google]
marky_mark.jpg
37 KB, 420x600
Step aside, Little Willy, the Snow Man's here to keep things cool.
>>
>>63894674
I always thought his score for the first two HP movies mostly resembled TPM. Especially the Hogwarts theme which resembles the theme of the Gungan city and some other piece of music in TPM resembles the spiders' theme in CoS.
>>
>>63894779
>>63894911
Interesting
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.