[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The year is 1999. You have been sent back in time with the knowledge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1441124043467.jpg (127 KB, 283x346) Image search: [Google]
1441124043467.jpg
127 KB, 283x346
The year is 1999.
You have been sent back in time with the knowledge that the prequels will be utter shit. You manage to convince George Lucas that you are from the future, and he will allow you to alter the prequels in any way you like, with the condition that you do not stray from the general plot line of the trilogy.

You can remove characters that are not vital to the plot, add characters, alter dialogue, change character arcs, and add or remove certain scenes, or apply any other changes you deem necessary to transform the prequels from utter garbage to respectable garbage. What do you do?
>>
>>63893829
>What do you do?
Darth Jar Jar.
>>
Episode 1

-Either remove Jar Jar entirely, change his character into an actual capable alien sidekick or at the very least minimize his intrusion into important scenes

-Make the basic droids more intimidating and make the Trade Federation seem less retarded in general

-Flesh out Darth Maul, give him decent dialogue and make him the mediator between the Trade Federation and Darth Sidious

-Change Anakin's character to be a more hardy roughneck kid with street smarts instead of a bubbly bowlcut naivete. He grew up as a fatherless slave on Tatooine for fuck sake, he needs to be Machiavellian but not malicious (at first).

-Show more of Anakin's prodigal talents and latent force wielding potential, maybe make him older too so the Padme shit is less awkward

-Revamp the entire political background. The incredulity of the senate to the Naboo siege is probably the most retarded shit in TPM. Make the Trade Federation an established malign force and have the clones already existent but not the central military yet. The senate is still divided on the matter of utilizing the clones during this age of escalating strife and Palpatine is trying to argue in their favor. Make the republic/senate seem growingly incompetent and unstable.

-The battle of Naboo is more epic and includes clone reinforcements towards the end as Palpatine finally succeeds in passing his legislation using the battle as leverage. Leave the Qui Gon battle the same, have Anakin use the force during the battle also.
>>
File: 1445664288438.png (150 KB, 316x349) Image search: [Google]
1445664288438.png
150 KB, 316x349
>>63893829
more sheev
>>
Darth Jar Jar
>>
>>63893829
Nothing really i mean they are not that bad
>>
more sheev and darth jar jar
>>
I leave Jar Jar in. But make him less annoying.
This: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA
I would have made him use more practical effects.

On the other hand, I feel that the prequels were unnecessary. Darth Vader should have remained as he was presented in the original trilogy.
>>
Make Episode 2 the new episode 1
Add new episode 2
Overall follows clone wars, Obi wan/Anakins friendship, and Vaders admirable past and tragic fall to the dark side
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 320x320
convince him to give Jar Jar and Sheev WAAAAY more screen time

also show some skin on Portman when she was a teenager

Honestly tbqh TPM is a perfect meme film I'm ok with it as it is
>>
File: 1449985591810.jpg (744 KB, 2208x2000) Image search: [Google]
1449985591810.jpg
744 KB, 2208x2000
>>63893941
>>
>>63893888
>>63893902

this
>>
Simple
Michael Jackson is Darth Jar Jar in full costume
Anakin is mostly grown up
the first movie is Lethal Weapon in Space.
Anakin is already a trained jedi , Obi is his old teacher and Yoda sends him to get Anakin out of some wacky situation (like he's in jail about to be executed )
this leads to the bigger adventure of the film
>>
>>63893829
just show him the what if the prequels were good videos
I've pretty much just decided to keep those as my personal canon until something in the new films makes that impossible
>>
Make the "clone" wars already on going (maybe people don't realize they are clones at this point)

Sheev is great...but I don't know making him a Nixon analog is kind of a let down from the original trilogy when he seemed like some kind of evil cult leader.
>>
What the fuck is this Darth jar jar shit posting? I want leddit to leave.
>>
>>63893829
Cast someone as Anakin that can actually act
>>
File: Anakin.jpg (56 KB, 700x401) Image search: [Google]
Anakin.jpg
56 KB, 700x401
>>63894547
This please
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.