[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After seeing The Force Awakens and Kylo Ren (Ben Solo), I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 1024x768
After seeing The Force Awakens and Kylo Ren (Ben Solo), I was really reminded of Anakin Skywalker which I assume is intentional.

I haven't seen the prequels in a while and watched AOTC and ROTS again last night. I dug ROTS and still don't like AOTC, but I was thinking about Anakin. Why do people hate on Hayden Christensen
but find Adam Driver so acceptable. I really didn't think Hayden was bad as Anakin, I was actually surprised by it. I know we all say the dude was wooden, but I think he shines in a lot of scenes. There are some quieter moments to his performance that I think go unappreciated, pic related being one of them. He has good chemistry with Ewan Mcgregor and, I dunno, he doesn't seem very bad?

Some things that stood out

>intimidating the Jango's female bounty hunter hoe
>the look he gives Padme like, "yeah, I'm gonna get this bitch wet"
>the moment where he snaps when his mom dies and he goes from sadness to rage then to anger
>the scene with Padme before they go into the arena

>the openin of ROTS (pic related)
>he comes with us
>the betrayal on his face when the council doesn't let him be a master
>"goodbye old friend" with Obi-Wan before he leaves
>the silent scene of him looking out the window to Padme from the Jedi council
>swearing oath to Sheev
>I HATE YOU
>the pain and anguish he's in when he's in the prosthetic burns

Gotta say, I don't hate the guy like a lot of you do. I think with better writing and a director he would have been top notch, they all would have been. I like his Anakin Skywaller.

How come people are giving Kylo Ren slack but not Anakin when Driver does pretty much the same shit?
>>
sand
>>
I cant wait for the other new star wars movies to come out so everyone can tell me how good the prequels are now. Then 50 years later we can do this all again with star wars episode X the missa rises
>>
>>63891789

Yeah, that's bad, no doubt about it.

But still, overall I don't think the guy is terrible, hence the thread. Mark Hamill in the Original Trilogy is nothing to right home about, especially in the first one and Empire. Yet his Luke Skywalker is one of my favorite characters.

I think I was too hard on Hayden before.
>>
>>63892018

Most of the problems with his character stem from the script and bad directing. I don't blame the actor so much, but at the end of the day, his character is awful and I cringe at almost every line he says.
>>
>>63891789

Name any actor on the planet who could've done anything good with those lines
>>
>>63892160

See: >>63892082
>>
>>63891681
I've always liked Anakin and always agreed with you.
>>
>>63891681
My first reaction to Kyolo chimping out and bitching was "oh shit I guess he's got those AOTC-era Anakin genes. Han and Leia should have adopted."
>>
>>63892082
"George, you can type this shit, but you sure as hell can't say it."
>>
>>63891681
He did the best he could with the shitty dialogue he was given.
>>
Nobody blames Hayden for George's shitty writing.
>>
>>63891681
>Why do people hate on Hayden Christensen but find Adam Driver so acceptable
The biggest problem people have with Hayden's Anakin is the writing. In the original trilogy whenever Anakin is brought up we're told that he was a great hero that was tragically seduced by the dark side. George fucked that all up in the prequel trilogy. Instead of being a noble, lovable hero he's a whiny psychopath that's tricked into turning to the dark side.
>>
>>63891681
People don't mind Kylo Ren being a whiny asshole because he's a brand new character that has no previously established character traits. Plus he's a villain, we're not supposed to sympathize with him.
>>
great acting and great writing, agreed. only reddit tier folks rag on the prequels
>>
>>63892373

>I'm such a high-brow expert on the art of film making

Fuck yourself
>>
Honestly, I always liked Hayden, the issue with his character was that the dialogue and script was shit. His acting was fine.
>>
>>63894056

Only concern I had with Anakin in ROTS is the shitty character development, his transformation to Vader took like a matter of days.
>>
>>63892018
Hayden in Shattered Glass. Apparently it has a 91% on RT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTeK1v6Qx_I
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.