[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars coherence discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: sw7.jpg (270 KB, 1716x1200) Image search: [Google]
sw7.jpg
270 KB, 1716x1200
Just saw the movie for the second time.
Here's some questions that popped up in my mind:
>How can Rey understand BB-8?
>How did Maz end up with Luke's / Anakin's Lightsaber after it was lost on Bespin?
>Why does it take Han roughly 40 years to figure out that a Bowcaster is a pretty cool weapon?
>How can Han then use the Bowcaster when it was often described as a wepon too heavy to be wielded by anyone but a wookiee?
>Why does Vader's mask look like it was molten / exploded when it was just burned?
>How can the hero party watch as the hosnian system is destroyed thousands of lightyears away in the sky above them?
>What power source did Starkiller Base use for the first shot when it needs a whole sun to charge?
>How can Rey understand Chewie when Finn cannot?
>Why does General Hux refer to Kylo as "Ren" in front of Snoke when all Knights of Ren take that name?
>Jumping to lightspeed out of a hangar in outer space, ok. Jumping out of lightspeed by hand below a planetary shield? I think not.

discuss
>>
Here's something that popped up in my mind:

"CULTURAL MARXISM: THE FILM, IN SPACE"
>>
The second question sounds like it will be a spin off or a feature in a future production desu senpai when Maz said "it's a story for another time"
>>
>>63890014
Luke could understand R2. We can only assume that certain droid groups speak a universal language that can be learned in some short time, like morse code.

>What power source did Starkiller Base use for the first shot when it needs a whole sun to charge?
They never really said that it needed the whole sun, if I recall, Finn says it 'drains the sun's power'. Maybe it drained this specific sun twice? The first time just withering it slightly. Dunno',
>>
>>63890110
didn't she get killed in the attack?
>>
>>63890192
>Luke could understand R2
no. He had a translation screen in his X-Wing, same with Anakin in Ep1, but on other occasions there was either 3PO to translate, or people were just figuring out what he could mean by the sounds he was making.
>>
>>63890323
Ah, I got it mixed up, you're right. Though I do seem to recall not luke, but anakin talking to his droid without a translator in some scenes. Might have to wiki that.
>>
1. She's a scavenger and dismantles electronics for a living. Clearly she learned robot talk in the process.
2. Scavengers I assume.
3. I admit, this upset me.
4. Not canon.
5. Plastic melts when burned.
6. Magic.
7. It's stated they already soaked up some of the sun for the first shot.
8. Lives on random ass planet, implied she learned alien languages while Nazi Finn only speaks english.
9. Kylo is Ren, the Knights of Ren are his knights.
10. Didn't bother me.
>>
>>63890851
>5. Plastic melts when burned.
I figure he didn't have a plastic helmet.

>7. It's stated they already soaked up some of the sun for the first shot.
Was that in the scene where they discuss the battle plan? I only recall Finn saying that the weapon sucks up the sun "until it's gone".
>>
>>63891051
I think the implication is that it's plastic-y hence the melting.

And it's clearly implied that they pre-charged it for the shot.
>>
>>63890323
That was only when R2 was, you know, OUTSIDE OF THE X-WING.
>>
The movie definitely would have ended better if they just left Starkiller intact with the main weapon system down, and then in movie 2 they have to go back and try and finish it off.
>>
>>63891204
so where did they get the energy to pre-charge it? haul in a bunch of big ass power cells?
>>
>>63890014
Is a movie fucking fag
>>
>>63890014

She grew up as a scavenger, she's been around droids for a long time

>Why does Vader's mask look like it was molten / exploded when it was just burned?

Fire will weaken it structurally which lets it be deformed easily. His shit was probably buried somewhere which also fucked up the mask over a couple decades

>How can Rey understand Chewie when Finn cannot?

Empire/New Order fucking hates xenos and doesn't have a lot of them in the rank and file. Rey likely would've encountered a bunch of different languages doing trade with the junkyard, Finn wouldn't have that experience
>>
>>63890014
>>How can the hero party watch as the hosnian system is destroyed thousands of lightyears away in the sky above them?

Because as evidenced by the destruction of Vulcan in Star Trek, Jayjay has no clue about the vastness of space, distance or physics.
>>
>>63891584
>Jayjay has no clue about the vastness of space, distance or physics.

And neither of scale.
>>
>>63891775
>>63891775
To be fair, a lot of sci-fi writers don't.
>>
>>63890192
luke used a readout in his fighter the other times he was talking to himself
>>
>>63891460
>Base blows it's load and then is useless

Pretty sure they could move the thing around
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.