[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else feel like O&A were at their prime in terms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (116 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
116 KB, 1440x1080
Does anyone else feel like O&A were at their prime in terms of quality right before Ant got fired?

The 2011 - 2014 shows are comfy as fuck, a lot more conversational and a lot better than the show was before, with all the shitty "politically incorrect" stunts and bits.

The 2004 - 2010 period was good and had a lot of great guests, but it's enfuriating to hear them interrupting a great Bill Burr conversation in order to call some midget strippers or whatever.
>>
>>63889922
>none of these "men" are black
>>
>>63890017
Patrice was the only black person allowed in studio and he died so
>>
>>63890080
No wonder CK never came back.
>>
>>63889922

Op, I've listened to every show since 99, and I'd agree with your statement.
>>
>>63889922
>Does anyone else feel like O&A
/tv/ - Drivetime Friend Simulators
>>
Patrice and CK shows were the best. TACS has made me laugh more than O&A ever did.
>>
File: CAZPC8nUcAAd1mV.jpg (38 KB, 600x489) Image search: [Google]
CAZPC8nUcAAd1mV.jpg
38 KB, 600x489
>>
>>63889922
it was the best era because Opie sounded absolutely beaten down.

during the height of the CK/Burr/Patrice era, Opie would ruin everything every time he talked.

later on, Opie became easier to ignore.
>>
>>63890589
it kinda bums me out that this Dani situation is probably going to eat up a lot of TACS show time. or maybe it won't if Ant's lawyers told him to shut the fuck up about it and just let them get the charges dismissed behind the scenes.

Ant absolutely got into a groove, and the show has become good even if he doesn't have a guest comedian.

and all this talk about Opie/Anthony beef and fake domestic violence charges distracts from the most important development re TACS:

EAST SIDE MOTHERFUCKING DAVE STARTS NEXT MONTH DAWGSIES

SUCK AND FUCK
SUCK AND FUCK
SUCK AND FUCK
>>
>>63890690
the dumb "shocking" bits were definitely Opie's idea all the time. There's one show when they do one of his bits while he's away (it's one with Vos and Quinn where they eat animal testicles) and you can tell how much they don't give a shit about it and just want to have a nice conversation/trash Vos
>>
File: opie_brotherman.jpg (49 KB, 720x539) Image search: [Google]
opie_brotherman.jpg
49 KB, 720x539
>>63889922
I agree. That was peak IMHO, but boy is solo-Ant much shittier than solo-Opie, even though at the time just before Ant was so much better on air (albeit he was getting annoying with the daily negro and Republican-talking-point rants).
>>
>>63890589
Of course you did! TACS is known for being hilarious!

Tell me, is Anthony still complaining about how black people are depicted in TV ads?
>>
The show was in its prime before Patrice died.

After Patrice died, Opie progressively resigned himself from the show, Ant stopped reigning in his racism and would talk about gun control or crime for 45 minutes at a time, and Jim starting becoming more healthy and less self-destructive.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.