[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, how exactly did the First Order manage to build this fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: tfa poster1.jpg (144 KB, 715x448) Image search: [Google]
tfa poster1.jpg
144 KB, 715x448
Okay, how exactly did the First Order manage to build this fucking thing?

Everything leading up to the movie's release implied that the New Republic is the central order of the Galaxy at this point and that the First Order is some kind of fringe nation operating far away from the Republic's jurisdiction. The Galactic Empire, which owned literally the ENTIRE GALAXY, took almost two decades to construct the first Death Star. How is some rogue nation able to turn an entire planet into a superweapon with a fraction of the resources and without anyone else noticing?

And why use it on the Republic, again? Starkiller Base managed to destroy one (1) nearby Republic star system. What exactly did they think would happen to them afterwards? That the governmental power which owns the entire rest of the galaxy would not immediately curbstomp them out of existence?

Unless... I'm wrong about all of this, and the First Order actually controls the majority of the galaxy while the New Republic is (was?) just some minor nation, and if that's the case, why even have them there? Why not just have the First Order control the galaxy with the exception of some Resistance sympathizing worlds? Why even have the Republic exist if they don't do or mean literally anything? Why even have "the First Order rising out of the Empire's ashes" at that point, instead of just The Empire (and the Rebel Alliance) still duking it out?

What the fuck...
>>
>>63889618
First Order is just the SS.

The Empire is still fuck huge even with the Emperor and Darth died. Just because you take the British Isles from the Roman Empire, doesn't mean you destroyed them.
>>
>>63889618
It bothered me that we don't know shit about the first order (or the republic, the resistance, or any backstory). How long have they been around? the stormtroopers have been raised by them since birth, wouldn't it mean they've been around for quite a while? If so, why is everyone so young? Are they like neo nazis are actual remnants of the empire? Do they control any planets? If not, where do they get their resources? Is it all from Snookie? Shouldn't this be more clear then?
Obviously the movie didn't need tons of exposition about the political state of the galaxy, but it needed at least a few lines about it to better establish the world. It all felt so shallow. Like they wanted the Empire's visuals and that's it.
>>
>>63890557
The opening scrawl says that the First Order was born out of the Empire's collapse. The Empire's gone.
>>
>>63891032
The new EU lays it out better... but it also doesn't exactly explain starkiller base either or how the fuck they had the manpower to build it.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/the-first-order
>>
>>63891304
Holy shit. They're really pulling no punches with the nazi symbolism. Bravo, JJ.
>>
>>63891032
Yeah that's basically how I felt. Even just a throwaway line or two would have helped.

I just don't understand what the point was of swapping out the Rebellion/Empire for the Resistance/First Order when they fulfill the exact same roles. Like okay they call the Emperor the 'Supreme Leader' now for some reason but aside from that it's the exact same.
>>
>>63891242
Think of it as Soviet Union's transition to Russia. They were a bit off for a while but got their shit together.
>>
>>63891304
Oh so I was right the first time. Again- what the fuck is the point of the Republic, then.
>>
>>63891413
6 billion died on coruscant!
>>
>>63893285
oy vey!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.