[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
V > IV > VII > VI > III > I > II dispute this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10
File: 1425933612363.jpg (65 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1425933612363.jpg
65 KB, 750x600
V > IV > VII > VI > III > I > II

dispute this
>>
I see no need to dispute this.
>>
IV > VII > V > VI > III > I > II
>>
You're 100% right senpai, despite what the contrarian edgelord memers will say

If you unironically think TFA is worse than any of the prequels you should kill yourself
>>
>>63889015
>dispute this
Why? You're absolutely right m8.
>>
VI>VII
Otherwise correct
>>
Seriously, I know people are butthurt about the ewok after all these damn years, but the throne room scenes, the space battle, all the father son stuff with like and vader, and any scene with luke was GOAT
>>
>>63889015
this is as right as you'll find on this site.
why do so many contrarians say
III > VI
or even
III > IV
ROTS is unwatchable.
>>
File: EmperorThroneRoom.jpg (58 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
EmperorThroneRoom.jpg
58 KB, 852x480
>>63889127
I'm sorry, but we can't retroactively edit the whole movie to be as good as pic related.
>>
reminder that this is exact order is the one shills post, theres already a couple in the catalog
>>
>>63889015
From most enjoyable to least
>empire
>original
>revenge of the sith
>jedi
>new one
>attack of the clones
>phantom menace
redditors might have a problem with me putting one of the prequels so high up, but they're all just popcorn flicks when you think about it and if you care that much about them you should probably kill yourself desu
>>
>>63889326
I really don't think the ewok stuff drags it down at all. It had super dark serious shit but also lighter stuff. It's like Temple of Doom, it felt more all encompassing.

Honestly, whenever I see any none OT film above jedi, I find it about as ridiculous as people putting crystal skull above Doom
>>
>>63889326
The strength of those scenes still makes the movie better than TFA
>>
>>63889015
For me 5>4>6>7>3>1>2

1 had the best OST thats why its better than 2..

Also why did they watered down this song in the sequel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmWzXCTrTXY&feature=youtu.be&t=2m3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNiM0JZSPFE
>>
>>63889127
It was originally supposed to be on Kashyyk, so all the scenes with Ewoks could have been 9 foot tall wookies. The scene where one of the ewoks is shaking another dead ewok durign the battle of Endor seemed really out of place.
>>
>>63889508
These are my rankings too

Although sometimes I switch 4 and 5, simply because 4 is just so satisfying to watch.
>>
>>63889508
2 was a stinking pile of shit, that's why it was better than 1. Absolute garbage. And those haircuts...
>>
>>63889015
agreed
>>
File: 1448454383411.jpg (219 KB, 475x665) Image search: [Google]
1448454383411.jpg
219 KB, 475x665
OP here,

I'm going to change to dispute my original post and say

V > IV > VII = VI > III > I > II
>>
You have a small budget and are tasked with making any one of the prequels good. What do you do?
>>
>>63889015
AOTC was better than TPM.
>>
>>63889015
I can't because you seem to have good taste
>>
6 >5>4>7>3>2>1

Screw the Rules
>>
To start with, ANH > ESB.
Furtheremore IV > V > VII = III > VI > I > II
>>
>>63889228
Ep I is better than III. At least is has the more interesting fight of the PT and relatively decent practical sets.
>>
>>63889771
easy

rewrite and reshoot all the love scenes between Hayden and Natalie so they have actual emotions.
>>
>>63889015
A perfectly reasonable list, but personally the highs of ROTJ rank it higher
>>
File: georgelucassouthpark.jpg (20 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
georgelucassouthpark.jpg
20 KB, 600x449
Phantom Menace always needs to be last. Anyone who says it is better than Clones is bandwagoning hard and has no opinions for themselves. Clones isn't very good but it's better than Menace in every conceivable way.

Menace has the podrace scene, Duel of the Fates, great sound, creature, and character design. That's it. It has absolutely no redeeming qualities other than that.

Clones is way better paced, and actually has main characters. The Coruscant chase scene, the cantina, Obi-wan's detective noir story, everything on Kamino, the coliseum scene. Great musical cues such as the clone army being shown for the first time and the moment Anakin's mom dies. And of course the top notch sound, creature, and character desing once again.
>>
>>63889771
Put all the money in an interest earning swiss account and flee the country.
>>
IV>V>VI>III>VII>II>I
>>
>>63889015
Checks out. Move along.
>>
>>63889944
The bad in phantom menace makes the "good" in phantom menace stand out more. Attack of the clones was identical to phantom menace, except without as much bad. So with no contrast, the result is the most boring and ugly movie possible.
>>
So, can anyone help me out?

I grew up with the prequel trilogy and loved the movies as a kid. Nowadays I pretty much hate them except for some parts of I and III.

But why is V so beloved by everyone? I seriously and unironically think that IV and VI are better movies. Why is V so popular? Did I fuck up because I knew the twists when I got into it?
>>
>>63889944
TPM has baby Anakin, podracing (and we spend forever on Tatooine) and of course Jar Jar.

Meanwhile in AotC we've got more Obi Wan who has some pretty all right detective subplot. I mean all right for this series. I like Kamino and his fight with Jango Fett. And there's Christopher Lee even if he's underused.
>>
>>63889015
Nothing to dispute, anon.
>>
File: 187.gif (885 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
187.gif
885 KB, 500x267
>>63889757
Much better
>>
>>63889015
100% correct
>>
>>63889853
>Revenge of the Sith better than Return of the Jedi

Oh lawdie...

V > IV > VI > VII > I > III > II

This is my 100% correct opinion.
>>
>>63889783
It was the worst by a mile. Your opinion is officially garbage.
>>
>>63889015
I can't
>>
>>63890071
Dagobah, for starters. Basically every one of yoda's lines is solid gold. But then you have this contrast to the idea hes completely good, because hes telling luke to let his friends die to complete his training. So it added a concept that complete devotion to either side was insane.

Then han and leia's stories were pretty much gold.
>>
File: blackguyredshirt.gif (1 MB, 466x350) Image search: [Google]
blackguyredshirt.gif
1 MB, 466x350
>>63890184

>I the best of the prequels
>>
V>IV>VII>VI>>>HUGE POWER GAP>I>MINORGAP>III>II
>>
>>63890194
Attack of the Clones was the worst film. Empire Strikes back was the best. The prequel trilogy has to be behind the worst movie of the original and Force Awakens. Other wise you can argue about the order.
>>
>>63889015
I'm ok with that. My list is almost the same
V > VII > IV > III > VI > I > II
I don't like ANH that much because I only watched it after the prequels and it feels to dated and it has a bad pacing imo.
I also hate VI that's why I put III over it, cause III is at least fun.
>>
1. ESB
2. ANH
3. TFA
4. ROTJ
5. TPM
6. ROTS
7. AOTC
>>
>>63890268
considering EP1 is the one that felt most like an actual movie, with semi-competent editing and structure, sure
>>
>>63890194
Proper Obi Wan, street Coruscant, Kamino and Christopher Lee beat the hell out of 4 hours we spend on Tatooine in TPM.
>>
>>63889127
well the ewoks were awful but it had other issues too
>the plan to rescue han is completely nonsensical
>han's dialogue seems off
>han and leia romance is boiled down to a few lines
>vader just dies for whatever reason
it's a shame because palpatine's plan is actually pretty good and makes sense but it gets ruined by stone age teddy bears
>>
>>63890071
V felt like a more complete movie compared to 4 and 6
in 4 the pacing is weird and spent too much time in one place for a rushed finale, same with 6
>>
>>63890270
>>63890314
based rankings
>>
>>63890268
Consider its like deciding which of your three most recent bowel movements taste the best, you can't really fault anyone's ordering of the prequels.

TPM has a very high "seemed like a good idea at the time" factor, 2 and 3 are just 4 hours of being reminded that, no, this was not a good idea, at all.
>>
>>63890371
He does because he was already beaten to heavy breathing by luke AND got his systems shocked by sheev
>>
2 > 1 > 6 = 3 > 4 = 7 > 5
>>
>>63890371
I literally just rewatched the movie a week ago and this pretty much sums it up.
Han just seemed off in this movie, and Luke looked REALLY old compared to the last two
>>
>>63890268
I fully believe it. Here's why.

- Liam Neeson

- It felt different from typical Star Wars, and they failed a lot in this, but I still commend the effort

- I enjoyed the more subtle political intrigue at play with Palpy engineering the invasion with the trade federation to put the senate into chaos, etc. It was just cool to see how the seeds were planted for the rise of the Empire and stuff like that.
>>
2 is the best prequel

The pod race in 1 is cool but thats it

3 is too edgy and boring. I've never cared for the emperor character
>>
>>63890572
>subtle
>>
>>63890709
>more subtle

As in, relatively speaking
>>
V = VII >> IV > I > VI > III > II

this is objectively the order of goodness
>>
V>VII>IV>VI>III>I>II
>>
>>63890071
I agree, V is my least favorite in the OT with VI being my favorite. I just feel like its the least interesting of the three.
>>
>>63890826
you fell for the hype

enjoy your jewish overlords, sheeple
>>
>>63890071
IV starts off really bad and has a rushed ending, and VI has the terrible start and middle point, but a great ending.

V has perfect pacing, and has Yoda which is a great character. Luke's duel with Vader is fucking great too.
>>
>>63890826
Literal Shit list you got there
>>
>>63889015
You know I've having trouble.
I think the real contention (or at least something new to talk about) is RotJ vs TFA, which is funny because they both end with other deathstars and TFA takes some of RotJ and improves on it.

Jabba's palace and the final lightsaber duel are some of the highlights of the entire franchise. The Ewoks and Han standing in front of a door for 30 minutes are some of the lowlights of the OT.

TFA used Han better, I think we can all agree. TFA was also even more derivative of ANH than Jedi was. Jedi is a conclusion to a story so that helps it too while TFA is just the beginning.

I need to see TFA again before I can really decide, but I know it's better than the special edition of Jedi.
>>
>>63889127
>but the throne room scenes, the space battle, all the father son stuff with like and vader, and any scene with luke was GOAT
So true. Too bad it amounts to such a small portion of the movie.

Those scenes along with some of the Jabba scenes, mainly the battle on the sail barge and even the speeder bike chase are all pretty great. Also the Luke/Leia scene, even if it does feel kind of forced. All great.

But Jabba's palace scenes go on far too long and all the Ewok stuff really starts to drag after a while. It's also such a departure from the tone and feeling of Empire.
>>
>>63889944
>Clones is way better paced, and actually has main characters.
AOTC has the worst pacing of all the Star Wars movies. Soooo much boring Coruscant political crap, walking and talking snoozefest. Finally it gets going with Obi-Wan looking into the clones stuff but keeps getting dragged down by an abysmal attempt at a love story.

TPM is pretty slow at times but the action is better and not bogged down by a terrible romance. Also Qui-Gon is the main character of TPM along with Anakin, Padme and Jar Jar. Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padme are the leads of AOTC. I understand the complaint though, but it doesn't really hurt TPM.

You're right about all the other positive aspects of Clones though.
>>
>>63889944
phantom menace is literally the 2nd best star wars movie

you tried
>>
>>63889015
V>IV>I>VII>VI>Holiday Special>III>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>II
>>
Are we finally at the stage where people are admitting III isn't as good as they thought?
>>
>>63889015

Nah, this is pretty much on point. And I liked RotJ best when I was a kid.
>>
>>63890071
It's the pacing and tone that make Empire the common fan favorite. There's always something going on and constant change of scenery. IV and VI both spend too much time with all the characters in ONE location. V starts on Hoth but quickly gets everyone moving and constantly changing location. It does the best job of conveying how diverse the galaxy can be.

It's also darker and has some amazing new characters and quotes and of course the amazing music. The plot twist helps but that's just one of the many things that makes it stand out.
>>
>>63889015
>dispute this
But I agree with you.

I'd actually been debating where I place it. I couldn't decide if IV > VII or if IV = VII. I mean they're practically the same movie but they were both good.
>>
>>63892858
Is this bait? How do you rank I so high but put III below the fucking holiday special?
>>
5>4>6>3>7>1>2
>>
>>63893047
>I couldn't decide if IV > VII or if IV = VII. I mean they're practically the same movie
I was thinking the same. But I personally came to the conclusion that since VII drew so heavily IV that it would be wrong to rank it higher. I mean, it's the original we all know and love. VII may be fresher and more exciting from a modern viewpoint but I feel the need to give credit where credit is due.
>>
>>63889060
perfect
>>
>>63893091
HS is the most immersive star wars movie
>>
>>63892943
You kidding? They're doubling down on the "The prequels weren't THAT bad" thing.
>>
no need. Your list is valid OP, and the prequels are where they should be.
>>
>>63889015

>IV >V >VII >VI >III >I >II

Only correct answer.
>>
File: 1391500259597.jpg (8 KB, 212x218) Image search: [Google]
1391500259597.jpg
8 KB, 212x218
>>63889015
For once I see one of these rankings that I 100% agree with. My nigga OP.

>mfw people seriously try and claim I was worse than II
>>
>V>IV>VI>I>III>VII>II

This is my 100% correct opinion. anything else is wrong.
>>
>>63893276
It was. I wanted to get off that fucking desert with its fucking podracing, fucking kid, fucking useless boring Obi Wan and fucking Jar Jar so badly.
>>
>>63893982
And a villain who wasn't Christopher Lee.
>>
>>63889015
i cannot dispute that shit.
>>
>>63890071
>I seriously and unironically think that IV and VI are better movies.
It's okay. At the time of release, people tended to think The Empire Strikes Back was a weak sequel to a great film.

I understand everyone's complaint about ROTJ's Ewoks, and honestly the whole bit with Jabba feels like its own thing. But the final encounter with Luke, Vader, and the Emperor was so much more intense than in ESB.

I also understand that ESB's middle stuff can be a bit dull and disjointed. That's at least how I felt when I was younger.

But I was pleased later in life with how deep some of it was. Yoda's teachings, Luke's vision in the cave (less about Vader being his father, more a warning of falling to the same fate if he doesn't watch himself).

Lando is one of the coolest additions to the cast, and the carbonite scene is great. In spite of preferring ROTJ's duel, ESB's is still intense and the reveal is obviously one of the most iconic moments in the whole series.

The romance was also better handled than the fucking prequels. Also ROTJ's reveal was far more hamfisted, especially with the previous tension between Luke and Leia. Fucking awkward.
>>
>>63893180
>immersive
Immersion in shit.
>>
V>IV>III=VI>I>VII>II

My humble opinion
>>
>>63889015

V > IV > VII > I > VI > III > Bantha poodoo > II
>>
That's pretty indisputable
>>
File: YErTzPb.gif (838 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
YErTzPb.gif
838 KB, 500x281
>>63889015
I'd have to see VII again to decide if it's better than VI or not. Apart from that we good, family.
>>
>>63889015
I'd maybe switch IV and VII, I really did enjoy TFA a lot, but other than that you got it perfect.
>>
File: Triggorilla.gif (1004 KB, 297x196) Image search: [Google]
Triggorilla.gif
1004 KB, 297x196
>>63889944
Kid Anakin is nowhere near as soulrendingly horrible as teenage edgelord I KILLED THEM ALL I SHOULD BE INVINCIBLE CUDDLE ME PRINCESS Anakin

eugh

actually having flashbacks now, literally triggered
>>
>>63894259
Switch Sith and Jedi
>>
5 > 4 > 6 = 3 > 1 > 7 > 2
>>
5>7>4>6>1>3>2
>>
>putting I in front of II
Every fucking time you faggots do this.
>>
>>63894805
Yeah crazy how consistent objective truth is
>>
>>63894704
Objectively the best ranking.
>>
>>63889979
This
>>
Can anyone even name a single good scene from III?
>>
>>63895355
I AM THE SENATE

DON'T MAKE ME KILL YOU

MY LITTLE, GREEN, FRIEND

GENERAL KENOBI

YOU FOOL, I HAVE BEEN TRAINED INN YOUR JEDI ARTS BY COUNT DOOKU

I've been waiting for this!

You have hate, you have anger, but you don't use them!

KILL HIM, KILL HIM NOW

UUUUNLIMITEEEEEEED POWAAAAAAAAAH

III was very memorable, much more so than TFA.
>>
>>63889508
The only right one
>>
>>63895432
Those are just examples of awful dialogue, most of them not even memorable.
>>
>>63889757

This is the correct order.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.