[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watching The Force Awakens >sitting next to old ass man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: bb-8 star wars.jpg (438 KB, 996x1333) Image search: [Google]
bb-8 star wars.jpg
438 KB, 996x1333
>watching The Force Awakens
>sitting next to old ass man with his grandson, son and daughter in-law
>cute 20 something girls going out in a group together, all of them have skimpy star wars clothes
>mfw the old man burst out laughing and started applauding to any throwback to the old movies.
>6 year old kid says "Look Grandpa, a Star Destroyer!", little ass kid recognizes all the old cast/creatures.
>his son and his son's wife laugh out loud at "That's not how the Force works!"
>everyone in audience is shocked and gasps when Rey gets the saber
>standing ovation for a solid minute after the movie

what was your experience like? On top of enjoying the movie I thought it was kind of remarkable how there were peo
>>
Everyone quietly enjoyed the movie, giggling at some scenes IE "That's not how the Force works!".
>>
>>63888644

Combination of young couples on dates, fat neckbeards and parents with kids. Pretty quiet audience overall, they laughed in all the expected places, but no big gasps or rounds of applause in other parts of the movie.
>>
cheering when star wars logo and han appeared. applauding with credits. massive laughter with the BB-8 lighter thumbs-up
>>
Nice blog post
>>
>clapping after a movie
but why would you even do this? clapping because the guy in the cinema managed to project the movie onto the screen?
>>
>>63888812
I thought the lighter was BB8 threatening Finn if he was lying
>>
>>63889254
reflex from the theatre days
>>
>>63889254
It's more or less a show of approval to other audience members. It's a group thing.
>>
>>63889336
either way, it was funny
>>
>>63889254
Ameritards
>>
>>63888812
lighter = fuck you
>>
>a dude sitting behind me telling his daughter or wife or someone the entire plot of episodes 4-6 so she doesn't get lost when the movie starts
>people taking pictures (with flash) of the opening crawl
>an entire row of little kids in front of me texting throughout the movie

Surprisingly, no clapping throughout the movie. Just at the end.
>>
Pretty tame aside from faggots posting the LuscasFilm logo/opening crawl on Snapchat. Fucking faggots.
>>
>standing ovation for a solid minute after the movie
can we go back to the clapping meme
it was much better
>>
>>63888644
Laughed at Finn saying use the force before all the plebs "got" the joke at Han's line
>>
>>63889471
Oh, and lots of people wearing the same Force Awakens shirts to the movie that they may or may not have seen yet.
>>
i fucking hated it

people were applauding and wooping this terrible rehash cashgrab. I was visibly shaking by the last 20 minutes of the film, i felt like screaming and pulling my hair out but i was jsut muttering "this is reddit, this is memes, this is videogames, this is memes" under my breath.
>>
>>63888644
>Went with platonic ladyfriend
>Know manager and concession workers, get in for free
>Get tub of popcorn and drinks for free
>Get essentially a private showing, only 10 or so other people in the theatre

It was the fucking prime movie experience.
>>
>>63889336
I've heard it was a middle finger, but that seems more like a thumbs up.
>>
Some idiots sat next to me and got drunk and rowdy through the entire movie.
They were my friends and I
>>
>>63889578
You're probably joking, but that would actually be a reasonable response. I was just pissed at everyone around me. I was very eager to leave.
>>
>>63889602
That sounds fun as fuck. Had a similar experience with The Martian, but I'd seen it 2 other times by then.
>>
Brit in USA here. I was taken aback by the applause the audience gave when the credits started. I thought such things only happened on my Chinese imageboards.
>>
>>63889578
This is what a life of the party looks like.
>>
>>63888644
I caught my mom's boyfriend cheating on her with some older lady, so that kinda ruined the experience for me
>>
>>63888644
same m8
group of high school girls wearing skimpy costumes

ended up fucking a girl in an R2 costume in the mens room, missed a chunk of the movie
>>
>>63889578
Im literally shaking right now!
>>
>>63889661
you sat next to yourself?
>>
>>63889661
you're doing it wrong

the only movies worth heckling while blasted are bay films; literally no one cares.
>>
>>63889764
He was beside himself.
>>
>sitting next to literal retarded girl in a wheelchair
>she claps and laughs with the audience
>I pull my fedora over my eyes and groan

This world wasn't really meant for me
>>
>>63888644
No one clapped in my theater. In fact, many stormed out of the theater, including myself, after that shitty helicopter shot at the end.

Bravo JJ, bravo
>>
something about falcons and showers and shooters and crablegs lel memes
>>
>>63889755
Did she make this noise when she came?

http://youtu.be/B6mh45mA_JY
>>
Went with wife who is huge star wars fan. Had assigned seats so no lines, just went in. Trailers were shit but everyone burst laughing during Zootopia.
Movie begins, crowd goes crazy.
As movie goes on, the beats that should have got reactions didn't. I sat thinking, they really didn't add any flare to this script. Movie ends and not only was there not applause, everyone was just silent and mumbling.
General consensus was that the movie was ok with some good parts but had a lot of wasted potential.
>>
>>63889764
I meant my friends and I were drunk.
>>63889789
That was probably the most fun I have ever had watching a movie at the theater, if I'm doing it wrong I don't want to be right.
>>
It felt to me like the audience enjoyed the movie more than I did both of the times I saw it.

I'm thinking it probably is a good movie it's just not for bitter cynical fucks like us

>>63889640
in some cultures it has the same meaning
>>
>>63889839
wow, you "stormed out" when the movie ended?
you must be sooo cool
>>
>this whole thread
since when did reddit invade?
>>
A great big fatty kept waddling to the toilet every 15 minutes
>>
>>63888787
Same here

There was a smattering of applause when it ended but it wasnt very enthusiastic.
>>
>>63889873
i went with my wife and her boyfriend i really enjoyed it but they spent most of the time in the bathroom..
>>
>>63889948
About ten years ago.
>>
American cinemas sound horrible. Do people really whoop and holler whenever something happens? How rude.

My experience was good. Great seats at one of only 2 or 3 laser imax screens in the country and a packed but quiet theatre.
>>
>>63889978
I went with my wife and when that joke was funny and it turns out it never was.
>>
>>63889978
kek
>>
>>63889971

I think part of it was that all the diehard enthusiastic fans had seen it already on Thursday or Friday, and it was 10:00pm at night.
>>
>>63889578
>>
>>63889807
Underrated post
>>
>>63890026
>Do people really whoop and holler whenever something happens? How rude.

Generally those are only opening night showings where people are super fucking hyped to be there. After that it calms down a lot and you don't get the same amount of applause and outbursts.
>>
>>63890026
We've got nothing on the Poo in Loos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvwxLjpouGE
>>
>>63890172
Oh, can you imagine the smell
>>
I live in a fairly small town and I went to the smaller theater rather than the big multiplex thing, so it was just me and my pals sitting at the back and basically other folk I sort of know in the rest of the cinema. We all had fun so it was a pretty good viewing experience overall
>>
>>63890086
I actually heard a lot more audible reactions from the saturday showing audience than from the wednesday diehards. They even clapped at the end and this isn't murica.
>>
There was a woman in my theatre who laughed every single time Chewbacca made a noise.
>>
File: nigri.jpg (110 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
nigri.jpg
110 KB, 640x640
Why do girls pretend to like Star Wars?
>>
File: 1410526887032.png (248 KB, 336x346) Image search: [Google]
1410526887032.png
248 KB, 336x346
>>63889928
I'm slowly starting to feel like that's it. It's so fucking happy and the humor is all up in your face just like Bing bang theory shit. They'd add a laugh track and it would almost fit right in there.

Han solo was pretty weird too. That black guy was always so goofy and retarded and then solo went "I REALLY LIKE THIS GUY" and all I could think of was "fuck no what the hell are you doing".

The whole part with Rey resisting Kilo Ren I could almost hear a "THERE YOU GO GIRL" in the distance. The way she learns about the force and her powers was also poorly executed. "omg she's trying to do the same thing that bad guy did!!11!, omg that trooper is doing what he says hahaha"

It really felt like it had reddit all over it. Everyone around me at least enjoyed it in a way but I always felt like the movie took me for a retard.

Also. the fact they showed kilo ren's face was a very poor choice although I can understand them wanting to make it more personal between han solo and him. The thing is the events in the movie were so rushed and random that there was little time to actually care about any of them.

Am I just an asshole or was the movie really just that bad? The critical acclaim seems to be almost unanimous.
>>
>>63890408
So they can get the D of one of the three attractive supernerds in the planet. Or, ideally, one of the actors.
>>
>>63890408
maybe they do? star wars is pretty accessible
>>
>>63890408
>Pretend

My female roommates and me (also female) in grad school were all massive Star Wars fans and we marathoned through the entire Original Trilogy in one night with a drinking game whenever stupid CGI edits from the Remastered version popped up. Was a lot of fun, but I can't handle my alcohol well and had to drop out about three-quarters of the way through ESB
>>
>Scotland
People were clapping and laughing
>>
>>63890528
halfway through the film I was prepared to complain that the only scotsman in space was a hardman crim. But then one of the xwing pilots had a scottish accent too, so we're ok
>>
>>63890524
>and we marathoned through the entire Original Trilogy in one night with a drinking game whenever stupid CGI edits from the Remastered version popped up

Hahaha you guys sound so quirky :)
>>
File: 1408255468716.gif (128 KB, 728x426) Image search: [Google]
1408255468716.gif
128 KB, 728x426
>>63889839
> many stormed out of the theater
>>
>>63890524
Hi girl
I noticed you
I also noticed you are a girl
You are special
>>
>>63888644

Everyone seemed pretty bored. Smattering of applause at the end.
>>
>>63888812

Exactly the same for me.
>>
File: 1278440058963.jpg (52 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
1278440058963.jpg
52 KB, 600x480
>>63888644
>what was your experience like?

Saw it at a black theater.

>whooped and stomped at every joke
>threw popcorn and trash at the screen every time the villains appeared
>gunshots were heard, at least twice
>Ren pulls off his mask..."Nigga, put that shit back on, you's ugly!"
>girl delivered a baby in the aisle around the point where Maz Kanata first appears
>niglets running up and down the aisles continually
>took photos of the screen with perpetually illuminated smartphones the entire movie
>women bitching about "dat nice black man" flirting with that "skinny ass cracker girl"
>credits roll, they rip out the seats, start rioting in the street, chanting "Black lives matter!" as they loot an adjoining appliance store
>riot cops show up, which is when I broke for the bus station...my car was upside down and in flames

All in all, typical night at that particular theater. Normally, wouldn't have went there, but shit man, the crowds every place else, you know?
>>
>>63888644
my theatre clapped when it came to the opening sequence.
>>
>>63888644
that guy u were sitting next to wasnt that old
>>
>>63891274
>>Ren pulls off his mask..."Nigga, put that shit back on, you's ugly!"

I said the same thing in white speak, no laught tho
>>
File: 1448742958320.jpg (56 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1448742958320.jpg
56 KB, 342x342
>>63889698
I bet your britbong theatres don't even serve crab legs >>63889744
>>
>>63888644
>Film starts
>People talking
>People start shushing them
>They shut up
>Everybody sits in silence watching the film
>Everybody laughs when something funny happens
>Hear some scattered gasps when Solo dies
>Exited murmuring when Luke appears at the end
>Film ends
>Happy chatter all across the theatre

It was perfect and was as it should be, giving a standing ovation and cheering a screen is fucking stupid.
>>
>>63891274

I wasn't aware Spike Lee owned movie theatres.
>>
>>63889578
i was slowly whispering to myself at this horrible movie "this is reddits fault" by rubbing my step-sisters cunny in the dark. i wanted to reeee so bad.
>>
sat with some 3 year old girl directly behind me that cried multiple times during the movie and most notably shouted out "IS THAT HIS MUMMY" when the rolling robot met R2D2
>>
>>63889602
>went with the love of my life who friendzoned me
ftfy
>>
>>63888644

>went to a movie
>saw a movie
>left the theater
>talked with friends

you amerifats really should learn how to behave in cinema
>>
>>63891380
Well that's embarrassing.
>>
>>63891274
>>girl delivered a baby in the aisle around the point where Maz Kanata first appears
Fuckin' kek
>>
>>63890460

No, you're just a whiny faggot.
>>
>>63891629
>still believing in the friendzone
>>
I really enjoyed the movie.
Its definitely different from the original trilogy.
It seemed to want to be a bit more humorous, but I enjoyed it, and it wasn't too ham fisted.
I didn't think I'd enjoy Finn as a character, he looked like some MUH HONOUR guy from the trailer, but I'm glad he turned out to be some pussy who has a good heart.

I also enjoyed the major twist where Rey was the one who was the Jedi. It was kind obvious early on, but we went in expecting Finn to be the hero, so that was cool

My biggest complaint is Captain Phasma I was really hoping she'd be the next Jango or Boba, but she barely had any screen time and just dies off screen

I watched it with my brother, who isn't really a star wars fan, and he wouldn't stop talking during the first half. After a while I just told him to shut the fuck up. He kept looking at me to see my reaction throughout the movie, but I just ignored him.

Caught it in IMAX 3D, no claps were had because Canada. Someone tried to start a thunder show during the title screen, but no one was having that shit.

TL;DR
Definitely my favourite of the franchise, and I'm very optimistic for the next one. You guys are too cynical.

Just looked it up, apparently Phasma is confirmed in the sequal. Good.
>>
>>63890172
Holy shit, it's like a rave in there.
>>
There was clapping for the following

>Lucasfilm logo
>Title Crawl
>Millennium Falcon reveal
>Han Solo Reveal
>C3PO Reveal not leia kek
>When rey force grabbed Luke's lightsaber
>Credits

Last few movies I saw this year there was literally 0 clapping. What the fuck?

Also during the credits some hipsters were taking selfies of themselves infront of the screen holding their snuck in craft beer for fb or instagram.
>>
>>63892007
>My biggest complaint is Captain Phasma I was really hoping she'd be the next Jango or Boba, but she barely had any screen time and just dies off screen
So almost literally Boba, save for the offscreen death.
>>
Do you think Hux and Kylo ever practice kissing for when they get girlfriends?
>>
File: 1449707251885.jpg (46 KB, 630x405) Image search: [Google]
1449707251885.jpg
46 KB, 630x405
>>63890172
>>
>people of all ages
>laughing at the funny parts
>otherwise quiet and respectful
>except some fucking preschool kid somewhere near the end, holy shit this is PG-13, leave your fucking brats at home you cunt
>nobody clapped
A better audience experience than Jurassic World overall. Fucking applauding Blue running in to save the day.

(Are spoiler-tags still necessary for other movies? I'm going to pretend they are.)

>>63892007
>dies off screen
Is that even confirmed? We don't see a lot of things happen.
>>
>>63892107

>having a compliant, rank-hungry giant at your beck and call
>having to practice kissing

Not so much.

This is why Hux, Kylo and Craigtrooper didn't take turns gangraping Rey when they had her tied down...but you'll get Rule 37's of that within the week, guaranteed.
>>
>>63890172
>>
>>63892090
>So almost literally Boba
I guess you have a point there, expanded universe kind of spoiled me I guess, read all the books on him and what not.

>>63892270
>Is that even confirmed? We don't see a lot of things happen.
Nah, it isn't, I found an interview stating that Captain Phasma will be in the next movie, so she obviously lives
>>
Opening night was a literal clap fest
>>
File: 61.jpg (28 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
61.jpg
28 KB, 200x200
>clapping at the scroll
>clapping at frozen bolt
>clapping at the Falcon
>clapping at BB8 flip off
>clapping at Han
>guy behind me says "that was really bad" while everyone leaving
>>
>>63890528
>>63890660
I felt embarrassed when people clapped at the end, it was a good movie and all but clapping just reminds me that a good deal of what makes Americans so disgusting is inherited from their Scottish (and Irish and German) ancestors.
>>
>>63892448
Yeah, I assumed anyone named that you didn't explicitly see die got off safely. I mean you never see Ren get off the base but I doubt he's gone.
>>
>>63892475
>clapping at BB8 flip off
It was a thumbs up.
>>
was struggling not to cry at some girl with snowman commercial that played before the movie.

i hope no one noticed.
>>
File: 1350353846868.jpg (50 KB, 384x494) Image search: [Google]
1350353846868.jpg
50 KB, 384x494
>>63888812

It's extremely rare you get to hear clapping and laughter for a movie where I am, but surprisingly enough, everyone did those, and laughter were had several times
>>
>>63892561
>I mean you never see Ren get off the base but I doubt he's gone

Supreme leader Snoke specifically said "get ren and take him with you to come see me and finish his training", so we are lead to believe he got off safely.

I just assumed Phasma was dead because they locked her in a trash compactor and then it blew up. It was certainly ambiguous, but I assumed death.
>>
File: 1411805679697.jpg (58 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1411805679697.jpg
58 KB, 400x300
>>63890524
>Not watching the remastered original cut
>Even owning the Special Editions

You're enabling the casuals you lightweight beta.
>>
>>63889807
kek
>>
File: 77.png (117 KB, 639x829) Image search: [Google]
77.png
117 KB, 639x829
>>63892568

He doesn't have thumbs.

He does have a flip lighter, thus he was flipping him off.
>>
File: 1448056978579.jpg (683 KB, 2469x3600) Image search: [Google]
1448056978579.jpg
683 KB, 2469x3600
>>63888644
I ate a pot brownie with a friend, then ended up sitting with some guy from highschool in a chance meeting.

People clapped and cheered at the Falcon's reveal, and Han's appearance. That was it, though there was laughs at all of the jokes.

Then it started. This fucking guy starts snoring. Like, stereotype of loud snoring, and every 10 minutes he snores a snore so loud it sounds like bass for the film.
Nobody kicks his chair. Nobody jostles him awake. No one throws shit at him or tells him to shut up.
Ruined a few good quiet moments, I swear if he was near me I'd peg my ice at him. Fucking turd payed $10 to sleep in a dirty chair.
>>
I never watched the first six episodes or whatever and i thought this was going to be a reboot or something and just tagged along because why not.

At least I stayed awake the entire time.
>>
>>63892735
>pot brownie
kill yourself degenerate
>>
>>63889254
happened when i saw star trek 2009 in scotland, never experienced it before.
Only ever heard it happening during the original Star Wars.
>>
>>63892730
Dude, it was a thumbs up
He convinces BB8 to lie for him, and then gives him a thumbs up. BB8 sizes him up, and then returns it with a happy beep
Why would he flip him off?
>>
>>63892854
Weed should be illegal, but I won't refuse ways to get fucked up if they present themselves to me. Hence I'm a raging alcoholic who fancies cocaine. At least I can still function.
>>
File: 1450618938164.jpg (8 KB, 209x233) Image search: [Google]
1450618938164.jpg
8 KB, 209x233
>>63892730

Please pay attention to context when watching movies, K?

>Finn talks BB-8 into going along with his ruse of being with the Resistance
>gives him a thumbs up
>BB-8 gives a thumbs up in return
>later, Han warns Finn that "women always find out the truth"*

*Holy shit, it just hit me...Han and Leia broke up after she found out about his chocolate common-law wife...maybe Finn was his son...
>>
>>63892716

I grew up watching VHS box set of the original cut but it was back at my parents and we were using one of my roommates' blue-ray copies. They weren't mine.
>>
>>63888644
>Americoons actually clap during and after films
I thought this was just a meme. My sides will never be the same
>>
File: 1448629881789.jpg (54 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1448629881789.jpg
54 KB, 640x360
>Scene where Rey meets BB-8
>25-30ish WASP woman directly behind me thinks BB is soooo cute and starts doing her impression of the beep boops
>feel annoyed but figure it will be an isolated incident
>a couple of scenes later she starts doing it again
>from that point she does her cutesy little beep boops loudly every single time BB-8 gets significant screen time
>mfw a full-grown woman literally did something a 3-year-old would do for two thirds of the movie

I mean what the fuck? Did she think her impression was endearing to her date or the people around her?
>>
>>63893014
just kill yourself already.
>>
I had a shitty angled aisle seat where I could see the whole theatre and I knew the big death spoiler and when it happened I saw the entire audience collectively reel their heads in shock. it was hilarious.
>>
>>63893159
Were you in Chicago because this may have been my roommate's new girlfriend that I hate.
>>
>>63892654
No body, no death.

Same for the niggas from The Raid
>>
>>63891957
>what is unrequited love

I love how suddenly everyone decided the concept doesn't exist after it became associated with neckbeards
>>
>>63893287
Yes
>>
File: 1359331861186.jpg (238 KB, 550x840) Image search: [Google]
1359331861186.jpg
238 KB, 550x840
>>63893159

She was trying to get your attention, idiot.

Those same lips that made made beep-beeps could just as easily wrap themselves around your manhood.

>lrn2womansthinking
>>
>>63893287
nope
>>63893377
not me
>>
File: 1446420877210.jpg (58 KB, 851x233) Image search: [Google]
1446420877210.jpg
58 KB, 851x233
>Take my seat
>Didn't know it at the time, but two things had happened. I'd sat down in the couples area by mistake, and the couple behind me (A pair of fags) were getting ready to fuck up my shit
>Engrossed in the film, trying to ignore the weird looks from the couples either side of me
>Obvious that I came alone, there is an empty seat beside me
>Suddenly hear laughter from behind, look around at the fags are giving me weird looks
>Whatever, I turn back around and watch the film
>Feel some trickling down the back of my neck
>Reach around, feel sticky clear shit on my neck
>Move hand up, its fucking everywhere
>The two niggers behind me had spit mouthfuls on mouthfuls of gob juice into my hair
>Run out crying behind the end of the flick
I wonder how it ends.
>>
>>63893173
Nah, I have stuff to do still, and I still love getting fucked up.
>>
>>63888644
>people behind me kept on nudging my fucking seat
>2 kids behind me kept on repeating literally every fucking line in the movie
It took their parents an hour to tell them to shut the fuck up
>>
>>63888644
Jesus Christ what is wrong with you people?

As I'm from England not some retarded country, we sat and watched the film in peace and quiet.
>>
I dropped acid with my friend before going inside

Was fucking spectacular
>>
>>63893015
Leia knew about her before ESB
>DID YOU EVEN READ THE COMICS?

besides Finn is clearly a mistake child from Jabbas palace
>>
>>63889873

>no one is clapping so this means the movie isn't good

jesus fucking christ, americlaps everyone
>>
>>63893473
Real pro about going to the cinema in the UK. We have to put up with curry though.

>People bringing home cooked curry, stinking the entire place out
Sand niggers played a real big role in my Star Wars experience.
>>
>>63893398
Autism is thinking that one persons actions to an entire theater is directed at you.
>>
>>63893498
>dropping acid before going inside
>not doing it an hour or two before so you're peaking with the film
>>
I have to say, the pre-movie advertisement's were pure cancer and made the entire experience worse. I would have been fine if I didn't know everyone was gunna be clapping every minute, but the advertisements informed me that I was surrounded by bottom barrel bazinga theory watching fake nerds that.
>trailer for new harry potter
>gasps, someone shouts no way, deafening roar from hoots and hollers

>trailer for the furry movie
>deafening laughter at the sloth, and every little thing the sloth does

>trailer for the new X-Men
>some dude dressed as Chewie is going nuts at the front literally running around in anticipation, nonstop clapping for a straight minute when Professor X is shown in the wheel chair

>clapping during the entire opening crawl
>literally screaming when "May the force be with you" was said

i fucking hate Orlando some times
>>
>>63893324
Believe me, I'm all too familiar with that idea. I totally believe in the concept, but calling it the "friendzone" gives it a negative stigma, as though it's something you're owed.

I deal with that shit all the time, doesn't mean I'm gonna be a dick about it.
>>
>live in japan
>everyone is well mannered and quiet throughout the entire movie.
>american walk in judging by their haircuts from one of the military bases.
>they're the only ones talking throughout the movie.

it was pretty good besides that and that i went to the 4d showing. it was fun but not recommend for the first viewing.
>>
>>63893577
We took a dose 2 hours before as well
>>
>>63888644
the whole theater clapped every time an old character was introduced. and the fat guy next to me was breathing heavy in delight
>>
>>63893398
I was there with my boyfriend so she probably wouldn't have decided to ruin the movie for a dozen or so people for such a small chance.

However she did seem to fit into that suburban bourgeois gender role where all women's actions are frivolous and meant to garner male attention. But that's just how she was raised to act, she wasn't consciously trying to attract someone to fill her womb with beautiful WASP babies.
>>
>>63890408

Gee, dunno, maybe they just fucking like Star Wars?
>>
>>63893531
>>People bringing home cooked curry, stinking the entire place out
i refuse to believe that

how do you even fucking eat curry in the dark of a movie theatre
>>
>>63889578
You are literal autism.
>>
>>63893498
Sounds fucking neato.

Bet you were glad you weren't peaking during the El Motze Massacre at the start though
>>
>>63889578
Autismus Maximus
>>
>>63889862
underrated post
>>
>>63893819
Refuse to believe all you want, happens all the time in this Muslim ran piss hole.

I don't go the cinema much anymore because I can't stand the smell of a 100 sand niggers eating their fucking dinner like they are at home above the corner shop they own.
>>
>be Australian
>one literal retard in a wheelchair making screaming noises during quiet parts
>staff member told some Asians to give up their Maccas or get out
>no one dressed up except one teenager in a kylo ren mask (everyone went quiet when he walked in expecting him to start stabbing everyone)
>one or two people tried to clap at the end and everyone laughed at them "who are your clapping at cunt?"
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6322927
>>
>>63890408
Me and my friend like Star Wars. I was raised on it as a child though. But there are a lot of people who pretend to like Star Wars, in both men and women.
>>
>go with my wife
>get there early for prime seating the row in the middle with no seats in front of us.
>theater fills eventually a college age couple sits behind us
>girl is decked out in Star Wars shirt pajamas and r2d2 flip flops
>it's 27f degrees here.
>girl complains about her feet being cold but that she had to show off her stormtrooper pedicure
>7/10 girl but I catch a glance at 10/10 feet when she sets them on back of my wife's seat
>spend all of previews creeping on her feet
>meet eyes with the girl and she gives me a sly knowing smile
8/10 movie
10/10 feet would receive footjob from while watching again.
>>
i live in a mid-EU country but i usually go to an "english theater" that shows movies in their original languages because i'm a fucking snob and that's the way i like it.

it never occured to me it's an american thing but yeah, people there applaud the screen like idiots when anything remotely funny or exciting happens. must be children of US diplomats or something. what's the fucking point? no one can hear you. the director definitely isn't sitting behind that screen and the cast is probably busy snorting coke off hookers on the beach in honululu or something.

stupid ritualized subservience to an idea
>>
>>63894000
Wow, I actually had a hard time voting. All the characters were actually likeable this time around.

I went with Rey.
>>
>>63889755
>ended up fucking a girl in an R2 costume in the mens room, missed a chunk of the movie
this didn't happen
>>
>>63894000
Motherfuckin' Poe Dameron.

If only because of Inside Llewyn Davis
>>
>live in Scotland
>no cringey clapping or cheering
>only thing out of place was when one of the actors were Scottish some people made a noise
>people laughed at expected bits
>no clapping at the end

Damn, it feels good to not be American.
>>
Everyone was very respectful and left looking disappointed.
>>
>>63894072
>>it's 27f degrees here.
>>girl complains about her feet being cold but that she had to show off her stormtrooper pedicure
I'll never understand this mindset
>>
Been looking for a torrent all day. This is the closest I've gotten a linik posted in the comments section.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAneGta2ros
>>
>>63888644
>>63888644

people clapped at the end, first time i've ever seen that happen irl
>>
File: 9QzkAr7.png (208 KB, 336x355) Image search: [Google]
9QzkAr7.png
208 KB, 336x355
>Why are people expressing human emotions?
>>
Quiet for the most time except the occasional laughs in the BB8 lighter thing. People murmured a little when Kylo Ren revealed his face.
I live in Spain. Have in mind I saw the movie today and the screening started at 22:30, so no kids or fuckers to make any sound. There were some yong couples, old couples and groups of friends, no onw under 18-17.
I love going to the theater late in the night
>>
>>63889578
Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>63888644

Pretty standard viewing experience, people loved BB-8's little thumbs up and Han got the most laughs overall. A lot of people got the various call backs.

One of the few films where I had the theater clap at the end.
>>
File: demolition_man-sandra-bullock.jpg (140 KB, 550x523) Image search: [Google]
demolition_man-sandra-bullock.jpg
140 KB, 550x523
>>63889578
>people don't know this is tasty pasta
>>
>>63889807
Top kek
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 1200x600
How am I supposed to take this guy seriously now?

Trained since he was a small child by Luke himself, then trained by the "Supreme Leader", then got his ass kicked by some dessert dwelling marry sue who hadn't even known about the force or ever held a light saber, or even played imaginary sword fights in her entire life, until less then 24 hours ago?
>>
>>63894573
He hasn't been trained by Snoke entirely and the training by Luke probably wasn't entirely combat. You are thinking to much of the prequels where Jedi could literally show up and kill thousands of Droids by themselves. Also, he did fight the Marry Sue, doubt anyone could have stood a chance against her.
>>
>>63894573

I agree with you, but keep in mind that he did take a direct hit from a bowcaster in the previous scene, I assume that would severely limit his fighting ability.
>>
>>63889254
I applauded when the film came on because the cinema I went to has shit projectors that could not get the licensing to work so we watched the village scene as a skewed stretched mess until they stopped it and restarted the whole thing.
>>
>>63890408
Of course they do, anon.

No matter how much you love Star Wars, it is entry-level nerd stuff, and women always gravitate towards trendy, easy and digestible fiction.
>>
>>
>>63894631
>stood a chance against her

Why? I could believe that she has good tech skills, maybe even had some hand to hand or bow staff experience from her time in the dessert, but bad asses are MADE not born, is a basic premise of the hero circles journey.

>>63894672
Good point, but I'd still at least expect a draw or plot device rather then a ass whooping before the girl is even trained.
>>
>>63894573
He was severely injured. He took a direct hit from chewbacas gun which took out like 4 stormtroopers in one hit. Plus I thought he was holding back since he was trying to get her to turn to the dark side not kill her.
>>
File: 1448369227714.jpg (60 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1448369227714.jpg
60 KB, 500x370
>>63894000
POE STRONK
>>
>>63888644
>audience silent during most of the movie
>most people got the fuck away just after the end, awkward silence
>biggest laugh was when Finn said he was called FN something because I'm french and the FN is a historically racist political party
>>
>>63894938
if anything the Mary Sue is closer to the Prequel Jedi that were literally war machines capable of everything. I'm not defending it, im just saying how it was.

>>63894672
He also brings up a point which you addressed, he was critically injured at the time of that fight. Bowcasters are 1 shot one kill most of the time and you could see that he was bleeding all of the place and kept hammering his armor into the wound with his fist. if anything Kylo would have been able to take the fight, but there were just too many variables involved. He just killed his father, was probably emotionally comprised and severely injured while the base and everything he worked for was blowing up around him.
>>
>>63888644
I saw it last night and some weird 30 something year old man sat next to me. When han died he started to cry. At the end of the film he turns to me and says "It was better then the prequels". I just kinda said yeah and left quickly
>>
>>63895375
Well that could justify the situation, but poor story telling is bad story telling.

Next movie, the antagonist will pose no real credible threat that the suspension of disbelief can cover.
>>
>>63889372
It's an idiot thing. What the fuck does it matter if the asshole four seats down from you or three rows up knows you liked a particular scene?
>clapping at the Millennium Falcon reveal
Yeah, great job genius, you got the fucking reference.
>>
File: 1450582618164.jpg (78 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1450582618164.jpg
78 KB, 560x560
I thought it was a great movie.
>>
>>63891629
Nah nigga I'm not interested in her like that. Sometimes it's nice to have a great friend who's a woman and I don't want to fuck. Not everyone goes full spaghetti around every vagina they're close to.
>>
>get to theater at noon
>take little brother
>get tickets for 12:30
>a lot of people near the entrance
>took like 2 minutes to get tickets
>take elevator upstairs
>packed as fuck concessions
>it took 30 minutes to get popcorn
>im not exaggerating since i checked my ticket stub
>ticket bought at 12:04 and register receipt 12:38
>missed the first few minutes of movie

this was my biggest complaint desu. the crowd was chill. no excessive clapping or talking. but im mad the theatre was undermanned for this.
>>
>full ass theater full of costumed assholes
>have seats in the back corner, but can see everything
>lights dim
>think, 'great, here come the faggot wails'
>quiet
>Lucas logo
>quiet
>Long time ago blahblah
>Nothing
>Star Wars logo with music starts
>No claps or wails just a couple of hushed murmurs
>laughed when it was funny
>few gasps when death
>Movie ends
>Everyone's happy and saying how much they liked it on the way out

I wanted to hate the people there, but I think I ended up hating myself a little more
>>
>>63889254
When people do it here people look at them funny and I always point out how retarded they are loudly while walking out the door.
No one clapped for the force awakens though. One kid cheered for the title crawl.
>>
File: 1394267799258.png (462 KB, 4167x4067) Image search: [Google]
1394267799258.png
462 KB, 4167x4067
>>63895878

>having women friends
>good
>>
>>63891274
Fucking Magic Johnson theater. Every fucking time.
>>
>>63889471
>2015
>people texting during a movie or previews
>Not covering them in soda, liquid butter and popped corn, a modern day tar and feathering
>Going to a theater that tolerates that shit and doesn't immediately remove them without refunds
>>
>>63896104
What are you implying? I suspect you aren't even capable of such a thing.
>>
The movie was okay, I thought it was an unoriginal rehash of A New Hope. Also that nigger only had one facial expression the entire movie, why didn't they cast a better actor? Don't regret paying for it though, but it is not the movie I was expecting.
>>
>>63896205

Can you even into green text?
>>
>>63888644
>Standing ovation.
I fucking hate Americlaps.
>>
>>63896254
>Implying I'm a newfag

Whatever mememaster. You can't manage regular friends, let alone female ones.
>>
>>63896334

>female friends are worth more than male friends

lel, have fun carrying her purse
>>
>>63896375

You saying they're not? Fucking memeshitter. Post your facebook so we can see how many friends you got.

Oh that's right, you can't even handle that much. Pathetic. Get fucking schooled
>>
>>63896375
>implying you have ANY friends

If you even saw the movie I'll bet you went alone.
>>
>>63896425

wew lad
>>
>>63888644
>go opening night
>no line, buy ticket
>theatre has maybe forty people
>watch movie
>no noise from crowd
>go home
How is this not what happened to everyone else?
>>
I just love everyone sharing the little feels they got from this life changing experience.
>>
>>63896425

Literally cringed
>>
>>63888959
Worst kind of reply, consider suicide
>>
>>63896497
same except I cant stand cinemas, every time there is a quiet moment or anything funny I cringe thinking I want to kill myself right there and then. So I ran out half way through the flick
>>
File: ufokinwot.jpg (50 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ufokinwot.jpg
50 KB, 1920x1080
>>63897080
>>
>Everyone clapping when Lucasfilm's logo appeared
>Everyone clapping when Star Wars logo appeared
>Everyone clapping when any old character appeared except when Luke appeared for some reason
>Everyone clapping at the end
>>
File: 14589339123.png (347 KB, 628x477) Image search: [Google]
14589339123.png
347 KB, 628x477
>>63889839
>I stormed out of the theater at the end.
>>
my experience was greatly improved by a group of dumb chads in college sitting behind me, their commentary made the movie hillarious
>>
>>63893588
we got deadpool, captain america and Warcraft. basically the "omg games and comics" stuff
>>
>>63889839
I stormed out as soon as it ended too but it was because I wanted to get to my parking space and leave before the wave of family vans clogged up the car park.
>>
>>63894000
None of the above
>>
>>63890086
Just curious, do americans really clap at the end of a movie? I live in central Europe and have never witnessed this kind of behavior in one of our theaters.
>>
>>63888644
I went to the midnight showing, but luckily i'm English so people tend to be more reserved and quiet.

There was a few murmurs of excitement during the opening credit crawl, and some asshole shouted HEY LOOK IT'S GANDALF!! when Luke showed up at the end in his robe.

But that's it
>>
>>63892107
>Le eeeevil anti-Semite space Nazis

I fucking hated this stupid-ass movie. Jew Jew Gaybrams just took Episode 4, overhauled the "evil white men", pumped up the girl powur, changed a few lines and these cheesedicks are losing their tiny minds over how ARRRSUM it is.

Will a smart sci-fi movie ever get made?
>>
>>63898534
>Will a smart sci-fi movie ever get made?

If you went into bloody Star Wars expecting a "smart" movie you're doing it wrong.

Go watch some old Star Trek, or at least something that tries to be smart like Moon or Interstellar
>>
People laughed and exclaimed at various points, me and a few others clapped (it didn't work.) Not sure of the general impression. I really like it though.
>>
>Australian
>realise Star Wars is out, had somehow got it into my head that it was being released the day before
>mum gives me a free ticket
>accidentally end up at opening night
>get there twenty minutes early
>about ten people in the theater, I sit in the middle to the left, right next to the exit
>prime view + escape route in case of mass stabbing
>the only people that dressed up were two 8/10 girls wearing Jedi robes that came in with one guy, they sat a few seats down from me
>he places all of their food on one seat, then sits so that there's one free seat between me and him that no one takes because it looks like we're waiting for a friend, and most people came in twos
>people laugh softly at the funny parts, me included
>no applause whatsoever
>didn't die
>8/10 experience
>>
>>63893588
I'd think this was a fakepost if you hadn't mentioned it was in Florida.
>>
>>63898534
There are tons, try Gattaca.
You're an idiot btw
>>
>some claps when Han Solo appeared
>some claps when the movie ended
>theater was relatively quite besides some laughter during funny scenes
>>
>>63888716
this
sounds like OP got the american experience
>>
>after leaving the theater, a guy behind me says he was waiting the entire movie for someone to spout "May the force be with you" and he thought it was "sick, bruh" when Leia said it
I was legitimately confused. Do normal people pay this much attention to irrelevant shit?
>>
>>63889967

>Wearing all black?
>>
>>63895025
>>63894573
He also got hit by Finn in the shoulder before he disarmed him.
>>
>>63894573

Chewbacca's bowcaster was blowing giant holes in stormtroopers and he shot this guy in the dick. Anyone would lose after that.
>>
>>63896171
This.
American movie watching sounds like a disgusting experience.
Fucking selfish, obnoxious pigs
>>
>>63889640

I thought it was a middle finger too

it wasn't?
>>
I had to pee about 30 minutes in but I held it
>>
I was at a 7:30 showing on Thursday, and everyone was hyped. People were reacting to everything they could. Even when the Millenium Falcon would scratch again shit people were audibly cringing.

It was pretty fun tho
>>
File: image.png (648 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
image.png
648 KB, 500x700
>>63888644
My dick exploded when Rey was shaking the water bottle in her face in the beginning
>>
File: 1303183777769.gif (2 KB, 210x187) Image search: [Google]
1303183777769.gif
2 KB, 210x187
>>63889602

>Went with platonic ladyfriend
>platonic ladyfriend

Can't you just say friend like a normal adult?
>>
>>63889839
whoa there Kylo
>>
>>63894573

You're not supposed to, not yet anyway.

The whole point of his character is that he's a tryhard, he wants to be hardcore but the force won't let him.

Killing his father was a major hurdle for him in that regard, though, and now he's off to "complete his training", so we'll see how evolves in the next one.
>>
>>63898181

I've only seen people clap during a movie a couple times, and I've lived here in the States my entire life.
>>
File: natalia.jpg (53 KB, 502x496) Image search: [Google]
natalia.jpg
53 KB, 502x496
>>63889943
>>63890696
>>63897861
>>63898042

whoosh
>>
File: 1450666566653.png (86 KB, 244x252) Image search: [Google]
1450666566653.png
86 KB, 244x252
>>63890768
>Literally Why Don't Girls Like Me: the Post
>>
>>63901016

What a sweetie pie.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>63901109
It's his fuckin' ladyfriend, man!
>>
File: Spaceballs The Reaction Image.jpg (31 KB, 499x268) Image search: [Google]
Spaceballs The Reaction Image.jpg
31 KB, 499x268
>>63901216
>Kylo Ren comes back as a legitimate, brutal threat in the sequel after continuing his training under Snoke
>>
>>63888644
never once have I seen someone clap at a movie in a theater and I live in America
this has to be a fucking myth
>>
>>63901806
I've seen it happen

in Canada
>>
>>63895810
but not you anon, you don't do that stuff because you're better than them
>>
File: 1436740085485.gif (708 KB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
1436740085485.gif
708 KB, 352x240
>>63893588
>trailer for new harry potter
Wait, what?
>>
>>63890524
tits or gtfo
>>
saw it twice

first showing, fucking people actually clapped for every little fucking thing. "Lucasarts" title card, clap. Opening dialog scrawl, clap. Millennium falcon reveal, clap. han and chewie show up, clap. It was fucking disgusting.

Second viewing was silent, couple laughs like when BB8 did the thumbs up, "thats not how the force works" etc. little girl to my left cried when han solo died
>>
Brother if you're reading this you know.

Sat next to two old japanese women that wouldn't shut the fuck up and stop speaking their moon language. Literally had to react to every lil fucking thing

Gotta watch the movie again, didn't enjoy it
>>
File: 1331524407492.jpg (80 KB, 443x388) Image search: [Google]
1331524407492.jpg
80 KB, 443x388
>>63893588
>>some dude dressed as Chewie is going nuts at the front literally running around in anticipation, nonstop clapping for a straight minute when Professor X is shown in the wheel chair
>>
>>63893624

And of course none of those nip cowards had the balls to do something about it
>>
File: tumblr girl lol.png (711 KB, 600x813) Image search: [Google]
tumblr girl lol.png
711 KB, 600x813
>>63895673
>he picked the manchild adjacent seat
>>
>>63892651
>laugher and clapping at a cinema
>comfy

Either shill who never lurked, retarded ameriburger or dumb kid trying to fit in
>>
>>63888644

It was pretty quiet in bongistan. The droid got a few laffs when it gave the thumbs up and zapped the black man (police arrested 3 of the loudest for racism).

The very end of the film got a clap when Luke helped Rei deposit that dangerous saber into a knife bin.
>>
>>63901620
>>63890524
>>63893031

This is bait, no way a landwhale bazinga cunt would be stupid enough to try and post here for attention.
>>
File: clap clap.webm (472 KB, 396x800) Image search: [Google]
clap clap.webm
472 KB, 396x800
>>63901806
I live in Canada and we do this on opening nights frequently. A lot of loud applause and people shouting GOJIRAAAAA in the theater when I went to see the new Godzilla, same kinda thing with Jurassic Park and this movie.

people applauded at least 6 times during the movie and during the ending during the thursday previews. a lot of manchildren fully dressed as Kylo too. one fucking nerd actually bought the kylo saber (as well as the mask and outfit) and lit it up in the theater as soon as the kylo vs rey fight started.
>>
>Go to 9AM screening today
>Friends got there early and saved me a seat
>sit down next to pair of obese elderly nerds
>obese-wan next to me is too fat to put the armrest down, spend entire movie with arms folded in my lap
>his fat fuck friend pulls out a fucking tablet halfway through the movie to do something
>they say things like "she's using the force" and "that's one of those walkers from the second movie" throughout
>at end of movie when rey is walking up a bunch of stairs they have an animated conversation about how much they dislike the idea of stairs
>>
File: sensible chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensible chuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>63902290
Oh Britbetastan, never change.
>>
>>63888644
>the opening line appears
>everyone on the edge of their seats waiting for that iconic music
>so quiet you could here an angel standing on the end of a pin
>"This isn't fucking Alvin and the Chipmunks, what the fuck?"

I can honestly say I laughed pretty hard
>>
File: phasma, kylo and domnhall.jpg (676 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
phasma, kylo and domnhall.jpg
676 KB, 1200x600
>>63889578
go back to your containment thread, Kylo. >>63885994
>>
>>63901978
Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them

Set in 20's New York, stars I CREATE LIFE and the crying bitch from Inherent Vice
>>
>>63892007
It's hard to know if your blog post is truly shit taste or just an act.
>>
>>63892448
the brienne memestronk character should die since it's a reference to Boba's death too. If she doesn't it's purely for toy merchandise
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.