[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is the best way to red pill normies on how the force awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: 1450570030536.jpg (69 KB, 730x489) Image search: [Google]
1450570030536.jpg
69 KB, 730x489
How is the best way to red pill normies on how the force awakens is a mediocre movie?
>>
>>63888543
the force awakens is a masterpiece though. it may be the greatest movie of our generation.
>>
TRAITOOOOOOOOOR

literally the best character in the film
>>
A lot of them already think that
You're only seeing plebs from the garbage anti art boards like /co/ and /v/(+ its run off boards) praise it here
>>
>>63888543

If you can't effectively articulate the reasons as to why you don't like the movie, then step the fuck up instead of parroting someone else's analysis of it.
>>
Remind them that they have no high ground to stand on.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6164827

http://strawpoll.me/6164827
>>
>>63888633
>implying

I'm from /m/ and /tg/ and I fucking love TFA.
>>
>>63888626
>literally shot by a sniper round from a cowardly piece of fuzzball xenomorph scum

fuck this gay galaxy
>>
File: images-7.jpg (26 KB, 465x316) Image search: [Google]
images-7.jpg
26 KB, 465x316
>>63888626

Yeah he's epic heh
>>
>>63888687
Is that supposed to be better? You're only a step below those two garbage bins
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 489x436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 489x436
>>63888543
Tell them about the heroics of TR-8R
>>
>>63888687
Fuck off back to your bread and games boards then you oversized philistine.
>>
>>63888543

Every normie I have spoke to said "meh, it's alight but is just a remake of the other films"

Only critics praise it because they are paid shills.
>>
File: 1450603730627.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450603730627.gif
107 KB, 300x300
>TR-8R

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>63888647
>masturbatory camerawork
>cringeworthy, forced attempts at humor that belong in GotG or a marvel movie
>no real sense of dread from the antagonists, gotta keep it family friendly
>unoriginal plot, rips the story straight off of ANH excused by muh nostalgia
>mary sue protagonist who undergoes no character development because that would mean she wasn't perfect at the beginning
>did i mention shitty attempts at humor?
>CGI aliens still look terrible
>>
I convinced my gf it was bad and now I regret doing that. She was so excited for it but I kept pointing out all the flaws until she lost interest. I think we're better off not making others think the way we do because ignorance is literally bliss.
>>
>>63888721
TR-8R was taken into be a stormtrooper at a later age than the others and he also joined willingly and didn't need brainwashing because he was so loyal.
He survived the battle on [whatever the fuck that planet was called] and swore to kill Finn.
As a result he vowed to become just like Finn in order to kill him, adopting the name Tray Torr.

What else should be in his Wookieepedia article?
>>
>>63888543
>redpill

Die in a fire /pol/lack
>>
>>63888721
>TR-8R

Is that his name?
>>
>>63888958
>subjective bullshit

This is pretty much confirmation the movie is a solid 8.5-9. You can't even come up with objective, evidence based criticisms.
>>
>>63889081
>because ignorance is literally bliss.
Yes. Let the sheep enjoy their crap shit. Better that than become jaded like us.
>>
>>63889288

Triggered?
>>
>>63889390
>le superiority complex

*tips*
>>
>>63889288
Kill yourself 2014 shit
redpill was /tv/ before /pol/ took it
>>
>>63889388
you're retarded senpai

it's objectively clear that TFA rips its story wholesale from ANH and no amount of denial will undo that
>>
just remind them of all the constructive and patrician criticism we have come up here like
>muh stronk womyn
>it has a nigger in it
>meme dialogue
>it's reddit garbage
>it was made by jews to belittle white culture and race
these alone should suffice in blowing the fuck out out of normies
>>
ITT: Am I out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong.
>>
File: 1450581568209.png (118 KB, 320x508) Image search: [Google]
1450581568209.png
118 KB, 320x508
Post rare TR-8Rs
>>
File: Ending to Episode 9.png (692 KB, 948x540) Image search: [Google]
Ending to Episode 9.png
692 KB, 948x540
The only thing I have to look forward to is the climactic conclusion to the ongoing feud between the treacherous Finn and the honorable, justice-seeking TR-8R. I could not possibly care less about Snoke or Kylo Ren or Luke or whatever the Mary Sue's name is, my eyes just kind of glazed over whenever she was on screen.
>>
>>63889671
TRAITOR
>>
>>63889671
https://4ch.be/_/search/filename/1450581568209/
Fuck off back to /v/eddit you cancerous pleb
>>
>>63889456
It's not really that superior when it makes me unable to like trash. Liking trash is a luxury.
>>
>>63889651
I kek'd
>>
In time most people will view it as mediocre anyway, you don't have to do a thing.
>>
File: 1450574303348.jpg (128 KB, 1158x690) Image search: [Google]
1450574303348.jpg
128 KB, 1158x690
>>63889743
Don't be a traitor, anon.
>>
>>63888647
That's not what normies will listen to, you need powerful one liners like trump uses to convince their crowd.
>>
>>63888662
webms should have sound globally with an option in settings to mute by default
>>
>>63889743
somebody get this traitor out of here.
>>
LET THE MEMES BEGIN
>>
Why would someone not shoot a man instead of hitting him with a baton?
>>
>>63888543

Killing yourself would be a good start
>>
Hey isn't that le traitor man? xD
>>
Good things about TFA:
>new characters were pretty good
>the tone was spot-on
>good visuals, especially compared to the gaudy prequels

Bad things about TFA:
>plot recycled from A New Hope
>five planets blown up and nobody bats an eye
>Death Star but even bigger oh no

I liked it enough to look forward to the next one, but god damn, JJ.
>>
>>63889263
Though much research, he found that "Spinning is a good trick" and implements it whenever he can.
>>
>>63888543
>red pill normies
fuck off faggot
>>
>you will never be TR-8R

why live
>>
>>63889357
no dumbass

>TR-8R
>treightr
>traitor
>>
>>63889651
>meme dialogue

the fuck does this even mean

did you sit there muttering "this is reddit, this is memes" in the theatre like an autismo or something
>>
>>63890446
it just means dialogue that doesn't really fit the characters or tone of the film and is clearly intended to generate an artificially quotable moment.
>>
>>63889671
TRAITOR
>>
>>63889651
I laughed
>>
>>63889695
"Mary sue" only means "competent female"
The movie is amazing and all of you are just being contrarians as usual. God forbid there is a positive role model for girls out there, we can't have that, oh fuck no!
>>
>>63888543
Using the phrase red pill and the word normies says a lot about you.
>how can I use special or hidden knowledge beyond the average sheep to show that I have better taste than them because I don't like popular things?

You're looking to subvert a popular opinion to seem like you're above the people that hold it. You're trying to derive self esteem with opinions on star wars movies and that's fucking sad.
>>
>>63888775
>>63889671
holy shit ahahahaha
>>
>>63888729
Ha ha ha. Is this the sound of BTFO, defeat and utter desperation? If so, I looooove it. Another /tg/fag here. Just woke up and read the sticky. Glorious Mods hu Ackbar! /pol/ k.u.k.s. finally being betrayed by their own false prophets. Its like you rolled a crit fail. Suck it, you useless spamming whores. Maybe this will teach yoy not to leave your septic cesspool of /pol/.
>>
>>63888958
>cringeworthy, forced attempts at humor that belong in GotG or a marvel movie
Go watch Star Wars again, these movies have little humor moments because they're good.
>>
>>63890710

Yeah, seriously. I mean she was just the best at everything and everyone loved her. That's totally not the standard definition of a Mary Sue.
>>
>>63888626
That scene was funny, but I don't understand why no one else thought it seemed a little odd and out of place. Who is this stormtrooper? How did he know about Finn? Why does he have this weird melee thing (besides the obvious reason: there needed to be a reason for Finn to use the lightsaber).?
>>
>>63890445
This is coming from a franchise that has named its characters "Grievous" and "Savage Opress."

Asking if some stupid pun with a trooper's designation was a legit question.

Do you even follow your own franchise?
>>
>>63888543

Give him a backstory.
>>
>>63889388
Objectively:
The character actions and dialogue doesnt drive the film. Things conveniently happen that lead from one scene to the next.
eg.
>Oh its the Millenium falcon!
>Oh its han solo!
>Oh maz has the lightsaber!
>Oh leia is here now!
>Oh there's rey climbing around!
>Oh R2D2 has the map!

Characters dont grow. Rey starts off perfect. Finn's only motivation for going back to Starkiller is because she's captured and apparently her friend even though there is no reason for them to be friends. Same with Poe and Finn. They are best buds after knowing each other for literally one scene.

The film comes to a halt in places to have pointless action or set pieces.
eg.
>Han and the mercenaries. The whole CGI alien scene is totally out of place
>maz and the cantina scene. Learn nothing. Does nothing. They could have just had Luke's lightsaber at the resistance base.

Shots and editing. Tonnes of close-ups. Far too many than there should be. Strange cut in one scene with leia. Its focused on her, then cuts to a closer shot of her at the same angle for no reason. Amateur.
The weird helicopter shot at the end with Luke and Rey. Totally out of place. Should have been a static shot with the two in frame. (preservation of motion and all that, considering it circle wipes to a still frame of credits.)

Film loses all steam once Han Solo arrives. It becomes 2 hours of pandering to old star wars moments and stops focusing on building the new characters.

etc.etc.etc
>>
File: lupitanyongo.jpg (52 KB, 618x412) Image search: [Google]
lupitanyongo.jpg
52 KB, 618x412
>>63888543
It is mediocre. But like Avatar, I came for the special effects. LucasArts does NOT fuck around visually and audibly.

If you can't appreciate that side of movies, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>63891652
Except the Maz and Snoke cgi looked fucking awful. Everytime Snoke was on screen reminded me of some crappy kid movie villian. Especially all the weird head movements and how his head fills the frame all the time.
>>
TRAITOR
>>
>>63891829
Did not bother me. They developed some cool shit. And I really liked Maz's character. You just aren't going to like it, or the movie.

I'm not going to defend it looking "too cartoony." It's a ridiculous argument. They did a great job and the technology improves with every film and team that works on it.
>>
>>63891156
yeah I do, and the guy doesnt get a name anyway
>>
>>63888958
>no real sense of dread from the antagonists

At the beginning of the movie where we see them slaughter an entire outpost and Kylo Ren stops a blaster shot with the force then forgets about it for a solid ten minutes? Yeah that was fucking intimidating.

I admit it loses some of that towards the end because Ren becomes a lot more pitiable in his characterization and even the characters don't take the "well fuck guess we gotta go blow up the Death Star again" plot seriously,

>shitty attempts at humor

Subjective taste, I liked the humor.
>>
>>63892140
Humor was pretty good. I wish Kylo Ren did more evil shit. I wish they could have made Rei earn her comeuppance.

When you watch a great adventure series like in anime the characters work hard and still get defeated. But when they finally make it, it warms everybody up inside and gets you going. It doesn't matter what gender the character is. Maybe they'll do something better in the next movie. Understandably they have to set the stage for future movies.

Either way great flick, seriously. 90% shitposting and sarcasm. But that's just /tv/ You have to fight to explain what you like, and that's what I admire about this place.
>>
I haven't seen TFA yet but let me take a guess at something it fails to do.

Star Wars
> Inspired by westerns, samurai movies, pulp era serials,
> Comes out of a post- Golden Age of Sci-fi cultural landscape
> ultimately fueled by Lucas's childhood and the many movies he saw as an aspiring filmmaker

The Force Awakens
> Inspired by Star Wars
> Comes out of a post-Star Wars (OT and PT) cultural landscape
> ultimately fueled by the Star Wars brand name and the expectations it harbors both good and bad
>>
>>63892454
>great flick, seriously
Please explain what you liked about it in more detail.
Just came back from the cinema and I feel empty inside.
I can't find any positives to this movie. I did not feel excited for even one second of the movie.

Now that I think about it, the heaviness of the laser bastard sword was pretty cool. And the light side / dark side reversal by Kylo could have been interesting if it was done better. But those are details.
>>
>>63892713
pretty much nailed it

>>63892906
yeah it's really difficult to find the gem in it, since it's become a merchandising device. I am sorry I am unable to go into more detail despite what I said earlier.

It was the atmosphere. I think they did try to keep it as close to the original as possible. That pivotal scene with kylo and solo. It was staged perfectly. All eyes were on them, they had their moment. It's like they listened to some of the criticisms of the first three. It wasn't ALL action, even with a lot happening, you still had pauses. They let you breathe in the world for a while. Like when Rey was plundering the war-torn Tatooine deserts for loot and traversing Luke's sanctum planet. I really hope to see more shots like this in future movies.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.