[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone explain something to me? so in the original trilogy,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
can someone explain something to me?
so in the original trilogy, we were presented with an incredibly obnoxious character. he was entirely superfluous to the plot, had an obnoxious voice, did nothing but whine and complain, and somehow was one of the main characters.
his name was C-3PO, and people seemed to love him...so much so that he cameoed and made full appearances in every star wars movie, even when it made no sense, as well as the clone wars and many, MANY tie-in novelisations.
then in the prequels, we were presented with an incredibly obnoxious character. he actually contributed to the plot, had an obnoxious voice, didn't just whine and complain, and was a side character, not a main one.
people insist he was the worst part about one of the blackest stains on any franchise ever, and you can't hear someone bring up the phantom menace without taking the time to bitch about him: Jar-Jar Binks.
he was so hated, he made only a few cameos in the clone wars, despite belonging far more than C-3PO, and aside from a gungan added into the SE of episode VI, neither he nor any gungan has been featured in an EU novel or other star wars media.
why do people give C-3PO a pass but hate on jar-jar?
>>
People complain about Anakin, but Luke was annoying whiny teen as well.
>>
C-3PO was annoying but not an idiot, and everyone treated him as annoying in the film.
>>63888267
Luke whines a bit but he isn't a petulant child with no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>63888127
C-3PO isn't a slap stick dumdum who steps in the poopoo. Also, you can understand what he says.
>>63888267
Luke was a whiny teen for about 30 minutes, than that stopped and the movie moved on.
>>
>>63888794
>C-3PO isn't a slap stick dumbum who steps in the poopoo
no, instead he's a slap stick dumdum who bitches and whines constantly, then gets taken apart by ugnaughts.

>>63888566
>annoying but not an idiot
but he was exactly that.
>>
File: autism chart.jpg (63 KB, 800x499) Image search: [Google]
autism chart.jpg
63 KB, 800x499
>>63888127
Autism: The post.
>>
>>63888127
Let's be honest, if R2-D2 could talk, C-3PO would have no reason to exist at all
>>
because C3PO's suffering is funny
>>
>>63888127
Did you even watch the movie? Jar Jar was literally a racist charicature
>>
>>63891299
so was 3PO
>>
File: Sad1.gif (875 KB, 288x294) Image search: [Google]
Sad1.gif
875 KB, 288x294
>>63889521
>tfw i have half of these symptoms
>>
>>63891369
Correction
I have 11 of them.
>>
>>63891369
If you weren't diagnosed as a kid, you probably don't have autism. You're just shit as socializing
>>
>>63888127
fine, ill take the bait.
bc C3PO always had a foil in R2D2. he was one of a pair of opposites. ppl like that stuff.
>>
>>63888127
>he was entirely superfluous to the plot

He was worshipped by the Ewoks, and had them free Luke and the others.
He convinced Luke to buy R2.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.