[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is RedLetterMedia and why everyone on this board talks about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
What is RedLetterMedia and why everyone on this board talks about it? Why is it important enough to a video 42 minutes review of them having a sticky?
>>
It's where we get our opinions from.
>>
>>63886481

They do a very good job of explaining important elements of how movies are constructed and portrayed without getting bogged down in technical shit or being pretentious assholes.

They're also pretty funny.

And also achieved infamy on here and elsewhere on the internet by ripping into the Prequels to explain why they're terrible, so people were really looking forward to what their reactions to the new Star Wars movie were going to be.
>>
File: Sequelitis_4335.png (59 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
Sequelitis_4335.png
59 KB, 350x200
What are some more video series like RLM's Mr. Plinkett and Egoraptor's Sequelitis?

Genuine, thoughtful criticism mixed with comedy. Ideally about films because fuck video games.
>>
>>63886481
>Why is it important enough to a video 42 minutes review of them having a sticky?
money
>>
Why is wizard in that picture and jack excluded? I haven't seen wizard do anything lately, save for the few shots of him watching the movies in best of the worst.
>>
>>63886572
Yourmoviesucks
And now come all the replies accusing me of being Adam
>>
has redletterememe even mention /tv/ before they seem to be its biggest fans
>>
>>63886481
We had stickies for all Plinkett's reviews.
Only newfags just finding about them hate them.
>>
>>63886807
They probably hate /tv/ tbqh.

/tv/ is the originator of the Mike is racist meme and the dumb AIDSMoby nickname.
>>
Who is OP and why everyone on this board replies to his thread? Why is it important enough to make a new thread instead of asking in the sticky?
>>
>>63886602
what about Jessie, you sexist nigger?
>>
File: Przechwytywanie.png (15 KB, 278x172) Image search: [Google]
Przechwytywanie.png
15 KB, 278x172
>>63886481
They're youtubers that are popular among redditors.
>>
>>63886602
Because aidsmoby is cancer and they know it

They keep him around out of pitty because he can't do anything by himself
Have you seen his solo stuff?
>>
>>63886481
They have a lot of the same sensibilities that people on this board has.
>>
I use them as an honest to god friend simulator.

My actual best friend died of a prescription pain killer overdose in 2008. Probably suicide.

So Mike Stoklasa, Jay Bauman, and Rich Evans will have to substitute in his stead.
>>
>>63886572
Egoraptor is retarded.

Ocarina of Time video:
>why do they have these spike enemies sliding in circles that you can't see? it's so dumb!
>they should have had more varied enemies, like for instance an enemy that should slide around the edge of platforms!

These two statements happen within 30 seconds of each other, mind you.
>>
File: reddittheboard.png (232 KB, 670x545) Image search: [Google]
reddittheboard.png
232 KB, 670x545
>>63887003
and among 4chan
>implying there's a difference
>>
File: 0000000000.jpg (18 KB, 354x342) Image search: [Google]
0000000000.jpg
18 KB, 354x342
RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, /tv/, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.
>>
>>63887235
I get what he was saying but I don't see any way they could have made that work. Maybe if the camera angles were designed around those enemies being there, or something.
>>
>>63886481
What is google ?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.