[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw thinking about 2001: A Space Odyssey an realizing that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: prometheusopen[1].jpg (1 MB, 2184x1092) Image search: [Google]
prometheusopen[1].jpg
1 MB, 2184x1092
>tfw thinking about 2001: A Space Odyssey an realizing that Prometheus is a hackneyed remake of it

This came on so slowly, so long after the fact, that it fucking hurt. Wow, I didn't like it when I saw it, but this realization is making me question the very fabric of reality.
>>
>>63885041
It's also a shitty copy of At the Mountains of Madness, and stopped an actual adaptation of that story from getting made.
>>
>>63885041
Prometheus has as muchin common with 2001 as it does with The Shining.
>>
So this is Snoke
>>
>sacrifice one of their own to make humanity
>suddenly send an invasion fleet armed with ayylmaos designed to wipe out humanity
>invasion fleet dun goofed themselves

What happened?
>>
>>63885442
the guy had downs
>>
Alien, Aliens and still waiting for a worthy third follow up.
Sorry Prometheus just ruined everything and there's absolutely no sense in making three more movies.
>>
>>63885178
stopping the mountains of madness film alone makes this the shittiest flick ever shitted out.
>>
One sci-fi movie was written by a man whose name is synonymous with sci-fi and another movie took influence from the writings of the man whose name is synonymous with sci-fi? GET THE FOOK OUT OF TOWN
>>
>>63885442
Its implied we killed one of them. After jesus died they wanted to destroy us. We failed to evolve as a race. We are murderous, arrogant, cynical and shallow minded.
We failed their tests.

Soo something happend on their army base. Maybe another race. Maybe one of them had a change of heart and did love us. Maybe they couldnt contain their own bioweapons
.This cancelled their earth exitermination by aliens plan.

Goddammit I cant wait for prometheus 2.
>>
>>63885699
Scott did the same with Aliens sequel if only temporarly. He's a greedy bastard.
>>
>>63885442
Or it was a mistake. They executed the guy and turns out his DNA lives on in all of us.
>>
>>63885645
Ah well.. prometheus and alien is too different. I was dissapointed by prometheus, cause I went in expecting aliens and stuff to happen in the alien universe. After multiple viewings I quite like it now. It's just not really connected to aliens world.
>>
I can forgive even the motherfucking retard biologist but I cannot forgive trying to outrun the rolling ship
>>
>>63885360
underrated
>>
>>63885927
People do crazy things in high stress situations. Some people freeze. Some scream and shit their pants. Some run like headless chickens. Even military training can't fix these responses 100% of the time. She made a bad judgement call in a high stress life or death situation.
>>
>>63886046
Or you could write a sequence which isn't so laughably dumb
>>
>>63885442
toon in next week for L O S T and find out xD
>>
>>63886155
Yeah to us, who don't have to deal with that adrenalin dump, it is a laughably bad decision. I didn't mind it that much. If it was an android doing it, then it would have been terrible.
>>
So Scott wants to have 4 Prometheus movies in total ending in a sort of bridge between the series and Alien which doesn't make sense. Alien as a movie is great but the point is that the story isn't anything special and it's done on purpose. It's a story about space truckers. The movie is so sublimal that the thought that it needs some kind of a grand prequel saga is ridiculous. Scott is so fucking old.
>>
>>63886155
Also, I feel like she's a very physical character, someone that feels like she is the smartest, strongest most motivated around. All her life her mind has been that anything is possible through hard training and discipline. I kind of feel like her mind convinced her that if she'd only run fast enough, she can run fast enough, relying on herself, she would make it.

A self-relient character. Or selfish? A metaphor for the human race perhaps? God is dead, long live science. We humans can do it by ourselves.
What do you think?
>>
>>63885699
I'm glad it did, the script of del Toro's ATMOM was horrible
>>
>>63885178
This x 100000000
>>
>no Engineer special forces killing Predators and xenomorphs
>>
>>63886968
I think its more like a nuke. You're just fucked if you said it off in your own base.
>>
>>63885285
>We see the beginning of Man/Life on earth
>Jump ahead to when man/life is going to the stars
>Following ancient clues left scattered in hard-to-find places
>A crew goes to Jupiter/LV421 on a LONG MISSION
>That crew, stowed away, are watched over by an AI

It starts to break-up, here, with regards to beat-for-beat, but it stays the same, especially when David started doing things specifically to kill the crew, specifically to further his end goal. Then man met god. And it goes the other way, but that's because MAN wanted to meet god. The AI and WOMAN CHARACTER continued on, further and further, to meet god. It's half a remake. The other half is being made right now.
>>
>>63886274
>>63886524
Look Damon, instead of rationalizing your own shitty writing you can opt to not have a giant rolling wheel of a starship which conveniently kills the character you forgot
>>
>>63886968
god damn that would be so based
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.