[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people like this show? What is the actual appeal of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 3540682.jpg (67 KB, 665x375) Image search: [Google]
3540682.jpg
67 KB, 665x375
Why do people like this show? What is the actual appeal of it? It's shitty, un-British toilet humour that is even below being called Reddit tier and is more LADbible tier, a title which is the equivalent of being diagnosed with AIDS.

Please tell me why you regard this show about a bunch of DUDE AWKWARD LMAO teenagers making sex and fart jokes for half an hour to be as good as, if not better than, Alan Partridge, The Office, Father Ted, Peep Show, The League Of Gentlemen, Nathan Barley or The Fast Show. Go ahead.
>>
>>63883218
>Why do people like this show?

Because humour is subjective.

/thread.
>>
Do you have to post the same fucking thread every hour?
>>
So how are your teenage years going, OP? Seeing as you don't relate to this show
>>
>>63883218

It was just a fad when airing, I mean I had it on as background when it was on but I never genuinely laughed at anything.
>>
>>63883218

Are you really a socially awkward faggot or just shilling for Channel 4/E4 since they're running a marathon of Inbetweeners tonight?
>>
>>63883218

Are you just shilling for Channel 4/E4 since they are running a marathon at the moment or are you really just socially awkward?
>>
File: alanpartridge-lovelystuff.jpg (197 KB, 620x827) Image search: [Google]
alanpartridge-lovelystuff.jpg
197 KB, 620x827
>>63883218
>Please tell me why you regard this show about a bunch of DUDE AWKWARD LMAO teenagers making sex and fart jokes for half an hour to be as good as, if not better than, Alan Partridge, The Office, Father Ted, Peep Show, The League Of Gentlemen, Nathan Barley or The Fast Show

What if I told you I'm a fan of all those shows AND The Inbetweeners?
>>
>>63883218
Its a show about friends, if you never had friends of course you wouldn't like it. I think its a great show but that's only because I had friends during school. But for you op who obviously never had friends you would hate it.
>>
The Inbetweeners is the GOAT teen comedy though.

>Please tell me why you regard this show about a bunch of DUDE AWKWARD LMAO teenagers making sex and fart jokes for half an hour to be as good as, if not better than, Alan Partridge, The Office, Father Ted, Peep Show, The League Of Gentlemen, Nathan Barley or The Fast Show. Go ahead.

Literally nobody does this.
>>
File: 84074860.jpg (48 KB, 662x495) Image search: [Google]
84074860.jpg
48 KB, 662x495
>>63884095
>>63884151
>>
>>63884253

This guy. This guy gets it.
>>
Skins was a show about what British teenagers wished their lives were like.

The Inbetweeners was a show about what British teenagers are actually like.
>>
>>63883218
How can you not like this show, the whole joke with the pedo teacher liking neil and trying to get him drunk on the field trip and molest him is comedy gold.
>>
>>63884226
Lots of people are. It's just this small group of autists who can't handle that concept. I don't believe OP actually has a sense of humour. I wouldn't be surprised if he just looked up a list of acclaimed British comedies to sound like he's 'in.'
>>
>>63884413
>Skins was a show about what British teenagers wished their lives were like.
>The Inbetweeners was a show about what British teenagers are actually like.

This. I fucking hated Skins. I think of the Inbetweeners as a kind of anti-Skins shows.
>>
>>63883472
>>63884095
>>63884253
So The Inbetweeners is the only ever show to be made that focuses on a group of friends, and if I don't like it, then therefore I can't relate to it, and therefore I had no friends in school?

Maybe I just think it's shit tier humour for people who use terms like 'epic bantz', 'cheeky nandos' and 'pulling top gash.'
>>
>>63884734
>Maybe I just think it's shit tier humour for people who use terms like 'epic bantz', 'cheeky nandos' and 'pulling top gash.'

I think you're looking at it from completely the wrong angle. All that "epic bantz" LADSbible shit just copied phrases from the Inbetweeners because it got really popular because it was actually good.
I don't think the show itself was ever actually directed at that very precise demographic. If anything I would have imagined the IT Crowd and Mighty Boosh fans would have been predicted to be the more likely audience.
>>
>>63884462
If that was the case then obviously I would have namechecked Blackadder, Only Fools And Horses and Fawlty Towers, since all those shows are always near the top of Greatest British Comedy Lists.

They're still good shows, just not my personal favourites.

But still funnier than The Inplebtweeners. Just face it, the only people who think your shitty LAD Bantz show is good are cheeky Nando's manchild gimps who think HURR SEX DURR jokes are funny.
>>
>>63884734
See its not that you don't like it, it comes across like you are mad at the show. Like watching a group of friends have a good time gets you this mad.

Thats why I guessed you didn't have friends, its ok to not find it funny but I have no idea how you can watch this show and be as angry as you are. Unless I had no friends and watching the show just shows all stuff I missed out on.

I find the show very funny and have never in my life used those terms, the terms aren't funny you dumb ass its the kids trying to be cool by using them and failing.

Its the exact same as the office, say something unfunny trying to act cool. Its not the line or the terms itself but the situations they try to use them in.
>>
>>63884970

You do know that the show is liked by most people, not only fucking Dapper Laughs fans?

It's actually funny and relatable. Where do you get this idea that it's for "TOP BANTZ M8" twats? Is it because sayings like "bus wanker" took off?

I've seen those kinds of people quote Alan Partridge for fucks sake yet I'd hardly class that as a LADSBIBLE show. Stop disliking something just because people you dislike enjoy it. Be yourself.
>>
I thought it was OK. It was like Peep Show crossed with Skins.

I rewatched the first episode of Skins recently and it wasn't as terrible as I remembered. People treated it like this serious drama at the time, but it's like a Viz comic or something. A lot of wacky events and outlandish characters, it's like what teenagers think/wish their lives were like.
>>
>>63884970
>the only people who think your shitty LAD Bantz show is good are cheeky Nando's manchild gimps who think HURR SEX DURR jokes are funny

I think a big part of the show's appeal was mocking how pathetic that kind of humour is. In your 20's/30's you watch the Inbetweeners thinking, Oh god, we used to be like that
>>
>>63885225
>I rewatched the first episode of Skins recently and it wasn't as terrible as I remembered.

I watched the first episode of Skins when it first came out and I fucking hated it. I might rewatch it again one day. It wouldn't be the first time that I've done a 180 on something after a few years.
>>
>The Wire is shit
>The Inbetweeners is not

/tv/ truly is a cancerous board
>>
File: inbetweenersjay364399085.jpg (12 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
inbetweenersjay364399085.jpg
12 KB, 300x225
>>63885249

This. Maybe he thinks it's meant to be a drama show since there's no laughter track to tell him it's a comedy. And he thinks Jay is the relatable character for the target audience.
>>
>>63885338
Who on planet earth has this opinion
>>
>>63885403

Well I've not seen The Wire yet so hold out.
>>
>>63885338
>>63885443
Everyone here thinks the wire is a good show the disagreements spark from some people saying its the best show ever and they argue over that. No one flat out thinks its a bad show.
>>
>>63885287

I hated it too, but I watched it because everyone else did.

It seems to make more sense as an adult. It's like some weird fantasy comedy, not the "omg it totally gets us!!" drama that teenagers thought it was at the time.
>>
>>63885348
>The Inbetweeners is a high brow show that only intellectuals get

Yeah, no.
>>
File: kes.jpg (16 KB, 208x300) Image search: [Google]
kes.jpg
16 KB, 208x300
What are some films/series that get teenagers right?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.