[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT filmmaking by a committee instead of authenticity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1450508872065.jpg (2 MB, 1400x1045) Image search: [Google]
1450508872065.jpg
2 MB, 1400x1045
ITT filmmaking by a committee instead of authenticity
>>
How do you mean>
>>
>>63883056
what
>>
>>63882881

All big budget movies..?
>>
>>63882881
GotG was so good
>>
>>63884204
What do you mean by "committee and authenticity"?
>>
I hated Memedians of the Galaxy, it was painful to watch. It was so unabashedly reddit I was genuinely worried that watching it might turn me into a redditor by proxy.
>>
>>63882881
Every modern movie ever.
>>
>>63882881
Definite "authenticity" and then show me a sci-fi film from the past 15 years that wasn't made by a committee.
>>
>>63884722
agreed
>>
>>63882881
this is how movies have been made for about 30+ years now, chief. the 70s were the end of the era of allowing directors to exercise complete creative control.
>>
File: images.jpg (29 KB, 592x889) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
29 KB, 592x889
>>
>>63884544
Hi, reddit!
>>
>>63885024
>and then show me a sci-fi film from the past 15 years that wasn't made by a committee.
Ironically the prequels weren't
>>
so, every single movie ever made?
>>
>>63885024
The Signal
>>
>George Lucas literally makes Jar Jar Binks to appeal to small children and sell toys
>Somehow /tv/ contrarians think he's the auteur and not the sellout businessman because they actually believe all his complaining over the decades
>>
>redditors can't understand the difference between a corporation making a movie like Force Awakens or GotG and a director putting his love and sweat into his baby and beating all the odds to create a quality movie

This is why the industry deserves to crash.
>>
>>63885024
Pitch Black
>>
>>63885574
To be honest this is a good thing. Directors are fucking retards usually.
>>
>>63882881
Guardians of the Galaxy LITERALLY had more and better worldbuilding and characterization than The Force Awakens.
>>
>>63885574
>>63887704

Hi! You guys making generalizations about directors and film-making over there?
>>
>>63884722
what was memey in it?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.