[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm still salty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 542x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 542x359
I'm still salty
>>
It was all Michael Pitt's fault. I'm not sure of the details, but apparently he's impossible to work with and the show runners just wanted to get rid of him. Same happened on "Hannibal." Shame too because he's a good actor
>>
>>63882527

Where did you read that? I didn't see that anywhere.

He was on Hannibal?

He's so talented. That character was made by Pitt. That might explain why he's done like nothing else
>>
>>63883175

Just google "Michael Pitt leaves Boardwalk Empire" or "Michael Pitt leaves Hannibal," there are several interviews and statements about it, but always very vague, they just cite that he's "difficult." Unsure if it's an ego problem thing, like Edward Norton, or a drug problem
>>
>>63882396
You fucking won, Jimmyfaggot. Get over it. The writers pandered to you and Richard Harrowfaggots until the very end. Meanwhile us Van Aldenfags and Doylefags got screwed.
>>
>>63883282

But both those characters are so unlikable
>>
>still the only viable Billy the Kid
>>
File: doyle.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
doyle.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>63883454
Fuck off. Doyle was GOAT
>>
>>63883175

Yeah it was a big deal at the time. Apparently he was super difficult to work with, couldn't get along with anyone and constantly got into arguments and fights with crew and fellow actors.

They wrote him off the show in desperation to get rid of him, otherwise he probably would have been around right to the end.
>>
File: image.gif (943 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
943 KB, 500x281
>>63883487

What do you mean by that? Like as an actor choice? That's a fuckin great idea
>>
If they stuck to just the gangsters the show could have been amazing. Remember that Margaret plotline about breast milk that went nowhere?
>>
>>63883636
Yeah.

He's only got a few years left to pull it off.

>total r rating
>total blood and guts
>>
>>63883524

nehehehehe
>>
>>63882527
>>63883240
>>63883596

The show lost a lot of its glamour when they had to kill off Jimmy—his ascent OWNED the story.

I really hope he matures because he's got phenomenal acting ability. From Funny Games to Hannibal/BWE to dreck like Criminal Activities, he's a magnetic presence. Hopefully he'll go the way of Norton and rebound nicely.
>>
Even in death I'll still be mad. After how shitty S3-4 I went full jimmyfag mode.
>>
>>63883927

Wait what? Which season?
>>
File: image.jpg (258 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
258 KB, 800x600
He's not the only Jimmy to get kicked off a show too soon
>>
>>63884389
probably 3
>>
>>63882396
Jimmy was an ungrateful, uppity little cunt who got what he deserved. I'm just glad it was Nucky who pulled the trigger.
>>
Jimmy is still my favorite written character in anything. You do not get more fleshed out than that.

That final scene in the trenches made me choke up. I can't recall that ever happening from a movie or show.
>>
I was sad that he died but his death came as a real shock which increased the quality of the 2nd seasons and the newer characters that were introduced, such as Gyp Rosetti, were really fantastic in their own right
>>
>>63883282
Van Alden had the most glorious ending.
>>
>>63884874
Van Alden killing shit is always the best.
THOU HAS FULFILLED THE JUDGEMENT OF THE WICKED
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.