[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you too blinded by the hype to deny this was terrible casting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
Are you too blinded by the hype to deny this was terrible casting?
>>
reminder

>Before Adam Driver was cast as the villain, Michael Fassbender and Hugo Weaving were considered for the role
>>
Who would you have casted? I thought maybe the older brother from Jurassic world could've done it
>>
>>63881616
Isn't Hugo Weaving in his 50s? How would that even make sense?
>>
>>63881572
He was better cast than Rey.
>>
>>63881631
Ben Foster.
>>
>>63881572
He literally looks like he could be Fords son, if he fucked a puertorican or something not leia.

Unless there were some serious recessive genes becoming dominant.

Go back and look at a new hope, and look at hans face, they look quite simliar a lot.
>>
Are you saying Adam Driver does not look like a whiny spoiled loser bitch?
>>
wtf he looked like he was 24 years old in the movie
>>
>>63881616
Those are terrible castings

>40 and 55 year old sith apprentice

Plus it would mean Han and Lea would have needed to have the kid prior to ROTJ
>>
>>63881572
I think he was more than fine for the character and I understood what they were going for with Kylo.

I just don't think the direction the character was taken in, was a good decision or compelling.
>>
>>63881616
>Hugo Weaving playing Harrison Ford's son
>>
>>63881572

Fuck no, his scenes were some of the most attention-commanding parts of the whole movie.
>>
>>63881616
Captain America finished Weavings villain career.
>>
Great casting and the best new character.
>>
>>63881719
Facial hair
>>
>>63881616
>Hugo Weaving to play Solo's young adult son

Fucking kek anon. Made me genuinely laugh. Imagining Weaving with that Kylo hair.
>>
actually i was pleasently surprised by his performance. and he certainly does have a bit of young harrison ford in him, although much less attractive.
>>
>>63881652
>Han, I AM YOUR BROTHER
>>
>>63881875
Agreed. He's the most interesting new character by far.
>>
>>63881770

This desu
>>
File: fass.jpg (50 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
fass.jpg
50 KB, 620x620
>>63881616
>voluntarily starring in video game shit

Fassbender is done senpai
>>
>>63881572

He was really good.

Now it's even more painful to watch Hayden Shitsenson robotically bumbling his way through the prequels. Both are troubled teenagers that can't keep their emotions under control. Only, Driver actually showed us how it's done.
>>
>>63881572
No, he was a villain with an actual motivation to his "hurr durr muh dark side", and not some hamfisted shit like "the sith lord could save pregnant women from dying in childbirth so you should reject all you have lived for the last decade and kill your comrades".
>>
>>63881840
>>63881724
it would work as long as he didnt take the helmet off

duh
>>
>>63881976
goddamnit
>>
>>63881980
>>63882005
After he revealed his face and his motivations the whole movie turned into an "teen-mall culture" movie
>>
>>63882162

just no
>>
>>63881572
why are people complaining about his looks

he looks completely average
>>
>>63882035
>TAKE THAT MASK OFF

>n-no
>>
>>63882162
>"teen-mall culture"

Did you just time travel from 2002 or something?
>>
File: jesse.jpg (18 KB, 510x381) Image search: [Google]
jesse.jpg
18 KB, 510x381
nah he fits Kylo Ren perfectly
>>
>>63881631

He's too qt senpai I would've been thinking about eating his twink boipussy any time he took his mask off. It would've been really distracting.

Adam Driver looks like a blobfish so this wasn't an issue.
>>
>>63882264
Why did you conclude that? Because I used a term from 2002? Why not use the term if it fits perfectly?

>>63882193
Just yes.
>>
>>63882425
Because who the fuck goes to malls anymore you out of touch old man?
>>
File: 1404258.jpg (190 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1404258.jpg
190 KB, 960x640
>>63881572
is argentinian? he looks like one with that giant honker
>>
>>63881616
weaving was supposed to play the nazi dude not Ben
>>
>>63882457

13-year-old girls in leggings and the 45-year-old men who take pictures of them
>>
>>63881696
And he looks like older Anakin from the prequels too. At least in the makeup he had in the movie.
>>
>>63882457
We weren't talking about anyone going or not going into the mall.
I said that the way his character was portrayed was reminiscent of all those teens from the "mall culture" days, the way they talked, acted and handled things life threw at them.
>>
>>63882457
You know who goes to malls and shopping centres these days? Tall people.

I'm 6'1, went to a shopping centre two days ago (for the first time in forever), and I felt like a fucking manlet. Even the girls are like 6'0. What happened? Why do the tall people congregate there?
>>
>>63881696
>Han Solo's fucked up nose transferred to his son's whole face
>>
>>63882640
I'm just saying the expression is extremely dated if you're referring to Hot Topic kids that listened to Taking Back Sunday and The Used.
>>
>>63881840
Xd xd imagine him with long hair too funny
Would be shit movie
>>
No one is giving me any reasons why he is such a great villain. He is literally an incompetent spoiled baby no diff from Hayden.
>>
>>63881770
Agree with the casting but Poe is definitely the best new character.
>>
>>63881631
>casted
>>
>>63881980
Driver is the best young actor in Hollywood. I had him spotted from Girls where he did an exceptional job while working in very harsh conditions

I haven't seen Star Wars yet but i was sure he'd be good the moment the casting was announced
>>
>>63883464
I think we have a foundation for a great villain that isn't fully fleshed out yet.

>Son of OT characters
>trying to live up to what he believes to be Vader's vision
>betrayed Luke
>Being trained by Snoke
>competent fighter when not battling Mary Sue
>some interesting inner turmoil between Light and Dark
>kills his father

He could end up being a great villain if they build on that foundation properly. I think they got a good start at the end of them film with building him up.
>>
>>63881572
Nah, his casting was pretty good
>>
>>63881572
Are you kidding me? The character was supposed to be a misguided and angsty young men. Driver nailed it.
>>
>>63883464

Anakin was just a whiny little brat that made a series of bad decisions (because OMG I LUB PADME SO MUCH!) and just ended up on the dark side out of incompetence. By the time we get to the original trilogy, Vader is a beaten old dog on the Emperor's leash, and even some of the higher ups in the Empire aren't afraid of questioning Vader. He's basically just resigned himself to being on the dark side, and even tells look "It's too late for me", as if knows Luke is right and appreciates his effort, but he's given up on himself too much for it to matter.

On the other hand, Kylo Ren WANTS TO BE EVIL. Whenever he feels the pull of the light, he seeks to be brought back to the darkness. He might be a little whiny, but he's also short-fused, ill-tempered, wrathful, and conducts himself with a greater violence than Vader, who was comparatively more measured and restrained.
>>
>>63884092
>You don't get it, it's SUPPOSED to be shit
well congrats then
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.