[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did his character make any sense? >Supposedly "indoctrinated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 14
How did his character make any sense?

>Supposedly "indoctrinated from birth"
>no other FO Trooper as any problems killing or even DYING for the Order
>they also truly believe in the FO cause, as evidenced by "Traitor!"

This is the first problem: Why did the even think of running away, or better yet, why did he even think that killing for the FO could be wrong?
But then it get's worse. As soon as he's fled, he becomes REGULAR WACKY GUY XD who cracks jokes all the time, screams "WOO!" when something cool happnes and is totally committed to fighting for the resistance.
This makes zero sense considering his history.
>>
>>63879878
He's not human, he only looks human.
He's a Dindu from the planet Bixnoodia.
>>
He was also working in sanitation? A fucking janitor is somehow managed to be able to wield a lightsaber and shit and this is all triggered because his friend died and he didnt like brienne giving him penis inspections all the time?

Shit dun make no sense nigguh
>>
HE REALLY SPICED UP THE MOVIE WITH HIS WACKY ANTICS AND CUTE LOVE STORY
>>
>>63879951
it made no sense they took the janitor out into combat
>>
Why do they mention that all of the stormtroopers are clones and then go on to say that Finn was taken away from his family?

Do they honestly know what Star Wars is?
>>
Because he was different than the others? That's really all the explanation you need, for whatever reason the indoctrination didn't quite work on him and so he didn't feel any loyalty to the FO.

>As soon as he's fled, he becomes REGULAR WACKY GUY XD

He may have always been like that, we wouldn't know. Of course, that kind of behavior is probably suppressed by the FO anyway.

>is totally committed to fighting for the resistance.

Not really. For a significant portion of the 2nd act he's just trying to get the hell away from the FO, not really caring about the Resistance until he realizes it will impress Rey.
>>
He didn't fight before, he was just a janitor or something. Consider he probably wasn't used to killing him being shocked made sense.
Why are you so nitpicky about this anyways? General Hitler could just as well have been lying about the indoctrination.
>>
I'm more pissed at the fact that this pussy held his own against Kylo longer than he should have. Is he just that strong or is Kylo just that weak?
>>
>you wouldnt believe the things I have seen!
>ran away after this first battle

lol
>>
>>63880052
come on, he's totally into it. the way he acts with poe shows this , he thinks it's AWESOME to kill for the resistance. but kill for the order? hell no!
>>
>>63880026
You need to listen, m8

Ren says that they should go back to a clone army to stop people like Finn from dissenting and Hux tells him to fuck off
>>
>>63880026
They don't say that the stormtroopers are clones dumbass
>>
File: carlose.jpg (35 KB, 700x514) Image search: [Google]
carlose.jpg
35 KB, 700x514
I guess being a janitor helped him wipe the floor with the guys he fought!
>>
>>63880023
especially on such an important mission
>>
>>63880083
The black man will always triumph over the white weakling baby.
>>
>>63879878
I had the same thoughts. Felt like some bits were missing. I assume his buddy who was shot had some special significance, but it got cut from the film.

We know that First Order troopers aren't soulless machines though, they have friends and probably go out when not on duty. Look at the reaction from those two who walked past Kylo's chambers during his tantrum.
>>
File: 1448961283461.jpg (31 KB, 605x414) Image search: [Google]
1448961283461.jpg
31 KB, 605x414
>>63879878

Is he actually a janitor? Like is that seriously the backstory that they gave him?
>>
did anyone else notice that the only black guy in the galaxy was accused of being a thief sight on scene?
>>
>>63879878
YOU ARE STUPID AS FUCK

STORMTROOPERS ARE INDOCTRINATED AND BRAINWASHED.
BUT.
PHASMA KEPT FUCKING HIM INSTEAD OF SENDING HIM TO THE REHABILITATION CENTER.
DID YOU FUCKING BUY HER LIE TO THE GENERAL WHEN SHE SAID HE HAD BUT ONE MINOR INFRACTION AND WAS RECONDITIONED?

HOLY FUCK NIGGA. IT IS LIKE YOU ARE STUPID AS FUCK.
>>
>>63880226
Well, overwhelmingly they seem to be ready to fight and die for the First Order, they're well drilled too, I mean look at the speech scene.
>>
Why can they use Tie fighters without space suits?

Why does Chewy's weapon fire red lasers instead of green?
>>
Y'all dumb as fuck. Seriously.
>>
>>63880141
>come on, he's totally into it.
Yes because he hates the military organization that has been making him kill civilians. Imagine some German in WWII that really hated the Nazis but was forced into conscription. He sees the horrors of the camps and one day gets the opportunity to defect and join the Allies on a raid of an SS camp... he would love to do that.

It's not about "killing for the resistance", it's about getting back at the FO for doing fucked up things. Maybe it's not perfectly rational behavior but it fits the character..
>>
What was even the point of making him a Stormtrooper ?
>Didn't even shoot his own gun once
>Didn't kill, injure or was otherwise rude to any civilian
>Worked as a janitor, the most harmless profession in the entire evil army business

He didn't even provide valuable insight on the First Order's military strategy or something
>>
>>63880226
>I assume his buddy who was shot had some special significance

I don't think it was meant to be his "buddy", he was just horrified at seeing some guy he worked with being killed. It wasn't about the personal drama of seeing a friend die, but the traumatic experience of battle for a rookie.
>>
I tend to agree, although I think his character didn't make "no sense". There were some holes, obviously some stuff was cut and his backstory ended up being a little short, but I felt like his character was at least consistent, even if it didn't really fit what some of the other characters said about troopers.
>>
>>63880408
>"WOO!"
>>
>>63879951
>>63880060
>>63880233
>soldiers don't have to cook their own meals, perform maintenance on their own weapons, dig their own latrines, etc

His being a glorified janitor while stationed on a giant super secret military base as a low-tier cannon fodder grunt is one of the most believable parts of the movie
>>
>>63880233
They gave him 2 conflicting back stories,

One he was taken from his parents and raised to do one thing. implying kill for the First order, then later in the movie he says he just worked sanitation.

None of the character developments in this movie made any sense.

Also the constant incompetent white knighting of fins character, Fin should have taken a fedora from po instead of a jacket
>>
>>63879980
Well he did. The most memorable thing about Captain Chrome was Finn going all Rush Hour on her. That shit was hilarious.
>>
>>63880371
>He didn't even provide valuable insight on the First Order's military strategy

He did that a couple times actually

Once when he told Rey to fly low because it messes up the TIE Fighters tracking systems

Another time when he gave some bit of information about the Starkiller base
>>
>>63880411
NOT A FUCKING PLOTHOLE. DID YOU MISS HIS FUCKING EXCHANGE WITH PHASMA FUCKING DUMBASS?

>Soldier, why did you take off your mask?
>Soldier, report to my barrackments, k bye

LOVE
>>
>>63880307
That speech scene was way out of tone with the rest of the movie
>>
>>63880477
What are you even talking about? How does this one exchange explain anything?
>>
>>63879878

It would've been more interesting if the First Order weren't written as mustache twirling villains and maybe add some potential redeeming qualities about them.

It would've been interesting if Finn and Captain Phasma and/or TR-8R were comrades and bought into the First Order's cause for whatever seemingly legit reason, but are eventually placed in a situation where they have irreconcilable differences. Finn joins the rebellion or whatever, but feels conflicted about fighting his old comrades. Shenanigans ensue.

It would've add some depth to the Empire side of things.
>>
>>63880451
>then later in the movie he says he just worked sanitation.
I just took it as "Yeah Stormtrooper kids have to do chores on the First Order's bases when it's summertime" or something like that.
>>
>>63880477
He was being disciplined you fuckstick
>>
>>63879878

Clearly force sensitive. Kylo Ren detected it.
Does nobody understand the force permeating everything.
>>
>>63880498
Had to cram some nazi imagery in there just so the audience knows who the bad guys are.

bravo hollywood
>>
>>63880451
>then later in the movie he says he just worked sanitation.

nah

he says that his role on THAT SPECIFIC BASE was sanitation, we were to assume that he had other jobs during his days as a stormtrooper
>>
>>63880281
Do you mean sight unseen or are you a diamond dozen kinda guy ?
>>
>>63880500
Subtext
>>63880546
Indeed, he got disciplined later on in the night.
>>
>>63880475
Yeah but thoses were relatively basic advices that any tech-savvy guy in the SW universe could've said.
>>
>>63880593
The Subtext of your post doesnt explain anythig, unfortunately.
>>
File: quentin-tarantino.jpg (43 KB, 930x516) Image search: [Google]
quentin-tarantino.jpg
43 KB, 930x516
>Crafts a masterpiece for the ages
>Its all but ignored because of some stupid popcorn flick about kids in space
>DVD Screener is leaked
Will he finally do it?
>>
>>63880083
Kylo had been shot by Chewie's bowcaster, a gun that the film took about six opportunities to show us was really fucking powerful.

Hell, he should have been blasted clean off his feet and down that chasm.
>>
>>63880468
it was out of place and fucking stupid

congratulations, you are part of the demographic that made jj think all this avengers-tier "humor" would fit in nicely into this movie instead of trying to create some actual situational or character based humor once in a while instead of that bullshit

god what a cringe scene, it ruined his character whenever they tried to make him funny
>>
>>63880620
If a girl, who is clearly using her position to dominate you tells you

>Come to my place tonight

What are you supposed to infer from that?
>>
>>63880608
Well he was a pretty low ranking stormtrooper so it would've been silly if he knew much more than that
>>
"HA! I GOTCHU PHASMA! *SMACKS LIPS* WUT! WUTS GOOD! SQUARE UP NIGGA, WOOOOO!"
>>
it would have been so much simpler if all they did was avoid putting in that bit about raised from birth

either that or made finn a rebel spy...at least it would have made more sense how he could give them an entire schematic for the starkiller
>>
>>63880644
>Out of place
>When he fucking got his revenge on the girl who harassed and raped him

Bro.
>>
>>63880644
>it ruined his character whenever they tried to make him funny

I disagree but I wasn't expecting some edgy, grimdark star wars
>>
>>63879878

>is totally committed to fighting for the resistance.

The guy was about to leave them all just to get as far away from the first order as possible to save his own hide. The only reason he comes back to fight with the resistance is because he cares about Rey.
>>
>>63880624

I heard it is kind of long and dialogue-y. I'll wait for ID2 instead.
>>
>>63880661
lol look guys, someone is going through puberty
>>
>>63880633
>Implying he didn't have better armor than the junk everyone was wearing
>>
>>63880633
Yeah and Kylo kept punching the shit out of his wound for some reason. It confused me
>>
>>63880023
>>63880176
He even said it was his first time in combat. Why would they just send some literally who into a mission like that?
>>
>>63879878
movies full of Mary Sue and plotholes
>>
>>63880477
How many times did Finn explore Phasma's holes tho?
>>
>>63880759
>implying armor means shit in star wars
>>
>>63879878
He's force sensitive and resisted indoctrination. How hard is it to comprehend this?
>>
>>63880734
His story turns out to be more about how powerful the pussy is when you are a virgin
>>
>>63880752
>I missed the obvious subtext of the scene
>Which explains why the stormtrooper wasn't just a stormtrooper
>Makes weak fuckign attempt

Holy shit, is it because she was female and him, a male that you didn't get it?
>>
>>63880624

>tarantino's white guilt and cuck fantasy film
>a masterpiece for the ages

I hope he does.
>>
>>63880670
Which is my point, ultimately him being a Stormtrooper is useless and completely shoved away halfway through
>>
>>63880226
The guy that was shot was part of his squad, he sucked ass so Finn had to save him all the time in the training simulations.
>>
>>63880545
it just seemed like they were trying to make him as incompetent as possible through out the whole movie at every opportunity. partially to contrast with how "awesome and perfect" Rey is
>>
>>63880841
Why would the force make him resist indoctrination?
>>
>>63880841
>Resisted indoctrination
>DIdn't undergo it in years since being put under Phasma's wing
>>
>>63880721
i'm not the guy you are responding to but his character went from
>shell shocked trooper with a conscience
to
>comedy relief wisecracker

it doesnt have to be grimdark but his character had the potential to be something interesting then just became incredibly generic
>>
>>63880782
Fear, Anger, Pain are of the dark side. He was using his pain to fuel himself. It's an uneven exchange and he would have collapsed eventually (he pretty much already was) but it was keeping him on his feet where anybody else would probably be dead. Also the pain was probably keeping him from passing out. He felt himself going numb and he whacked it before it went black.
>>
>>63880894

Because the force is magic now, rather than an entity with rules and limitations.
>>
>>63879951
>on? A fucking janitor is somehow managed to be able to wield a lightsaber and shit and this is all triggered because his friend died and he didnt like

>working for sanitary services
>knowing every part of a secret weapon that never fired before
>>
>>63880707
It's not out of place for him to be excited about getting revenge, his tone and they way he acted was very "modern" though.
>>
>>63880644

The thing is a lot of the humor is completely character driven.
>>
>>63880961
>Not getting he was brought to the quarters of a high-ranked stormtroopers pretty fucking often
>>
>>63880914
I don't see why he can't be shell shocked and funny
>>
Finn is Lando and Leia's son who will eventually kill Kylo.

What a tweest.
>>
>>63879878
>As soon as he's fled, he becomes REGULAR WACKY GUY XD who cracks jokes all the time, screams "WOO!"
Yes it's almost like him breaking away from the behavior modifying totalitarian military regime allowed him to explore his emotions more. He wants to fuck Rey at first, something I doubt the Stormtroopers are all about. Then he gets pumped up while fighting for his life in two ships fights. He's trying to look out for himself up through the bar scene. That's immaturity anon. He's catching up on his emotional development and by the end of the movie he's a bit more mature by wanting to rescue Rey but also with room left to grow since he's a deceitful shit.

It's part of his character arc about being trained to fight but not having a cause, then self preservation, to fighting for something.
>>
>>63880894
Personally I don't even think he's force sensitive but it would help resist indoctrination the same sense that only the weak-minded are susceptible to jedi mind tricks.

>>63880943
the Force was magic in the OT
>>
>>63880942
I guess that makes sense. I thought he was using some weird dark side force trick to heal himself
>>
File: jj abrams.gif (14 KB, 256x300) Image search: [Google]
jj abrams.gif
14 KB, 256x300
>>63881044

Perfect.
>>
>>63880158
You know it's a really bad one when no one even tells you to shut up
>>
Is Kylo kill? Unless I'm missing a scene he was last seen wounded in the middle of a collapsing forest on a planet that exploded.
>>
>>63880191
Not once in human history has this ever happened.

Running fast is literally the only category where Jamal tops white men. (And it is a useless category unless you are among the .0000005 who play basketball)

In a thousand other categories you get trampled.

Enjoy the gift of Finn we've given to you. Maybe one day you'll build something epic and parcel out pieces of it to other races (but I doubt it.)
>>
So was the sanitations thing supposed to be a dumb joke? If he was sanitations, why the fuck would he be down with the First Order murdering the settlement?
>>
Episode VIII Kylo and Finn meet up again at the end of the movie and looking to battle. Kylo calls him a traitor again for leaving his brothers behind. Finn gets upset they dual and you wonder how he is able to keep up with Kylo. During fights he starts having flashbacks. He isn't just a stormtrooper he was actually the second in command of the Knights of Ren behind Kylo. He just couldn't take it after all the slaughter he performed and wiped his own memory with the force.
>>
>>63881084
The force wasn't limitless, though. It's going to be used to explain every supernatural thing in VIII and you know it
>>
>>63881070

Definitely feels like Finn's immaturity is a good foil to Kylo Ren's.
>>
>>63879878

>Maced Dindu has an illegitimate son
>it's Findu Nothin
>force sensitive
>>
>>63881197
He does both
>>
>>63881168

The last scene we see with Hux he gets told by Snoke to grab Kylo and come to him. So those two almost definitely both survived.
>>
>>63881182

You forgot the most important aspect.

Penis size.

Stay mad whiteboi while I fuck all your women.
>>
>>63881197
because the resistance is trash
>>
>>63881238
So he's a janitor sometimes, but then they also took him down for his first combat assignment on a super important mission?

I really liked Boyega's acting, but Finn felt too inconsistent of a character for me to really get into. I do like his overall arc, but it really felt like JJ didn't want to commit to a direction with him.
>>
>>63881028
>and Leia's son w

he was a shitty soldier...he probably just cleaned toilets...

btw sure... they were telling him the weakpoints of their secret base...
>>
>>63879878
>or even DYING for the Order
Phasma sold out the entire first order to save her own skin.
>>
Why would they send a janitor on a mission with Kylo Ren to slaughter a village of people?

How did he know who General Solo was,yet not even know about the Jedi?

In the words of Mr. Plinkett: that just don't make no sense.
>>
>>63881321

>a super important mission

It's not like they were facing an army, they were just searching a town. He was a grunt and he spent most of his time doing a shitty job. I have no idea how people think this makes no sense.
>>
>>63881327
No, he simply knew a lot about Phasma.
>>
>>63881321
It's not like they needed super soldiers for that mission. They were slaughtering defenseless villagers
>>
>>63881362
Soldiers often take duties like that when not deployed in combat

There's a reason why he had stormtrooper armour and not janitor overalls
>>
I thought the Empire got rekt at the end of Jedi? Why are the rebels now the 'resistance' and not the legit government?
>>
>>63881274
The ones who would fuck you are the ones we turn down.

Fat girls with mustaches.

You can have 'em Tyrese.
>>
>>63880707
>>63880721
>>63881016

the situation was fine, him getting back at a captain who (although we never saw her being anything but fair to her troopers) was probably really hard and demanding once he was in a position of power is understandable.

but the way boyega acted it was ATROCIOUS. and that stems from the dialogue rather than the situation
>>
>>63881445
That doesn't explain why out of the millions of Stormtroopers, they would chose a janitor?

That's like sending the janitor of Fort Hood to fight ISIS.
>>
>>63881418
how is it related with the fact that he knew how to explode a secret base?
he was in the lowest tier level...if even him can know about that it means that in the first order are a bunch of retards
>>
>>63881523
Janitors have keys to all the rooms m8
>>
>>63881517
His primary role isn't a janitor, he's a soldier

He cleans shit up when he's not in combat. Is this really that hard to understand? It's a job someone has to do
>>
>>63881523
He knew because he was obviously in charge of cleaning the fuck out of the oscillator room.
>>
>>63881446
The resistance is a state sponsored insurgency in first order space.
>>
>>63881457
Keep telling yourself that, pencildick.

All your women(and most of your men) crave the BBC.
>>
>>63881563
When did he say that? All he said was that he's in "sanitation." He also said that he's "never killed anyone. That was my first mission."

What? This doesn't make any sense. Surely, if you're going on a secret mission with Kylo Ren to slaughter a whole village, surely you don't bring the part time janitors?
>>
>>63881517
you're not quite getting it

He is a stormtrooper that does normal stormtrooper stuff

When you're not out raiding villages or hunting down fugitives, you're back at the base

Since you're a grunt they don't just let you lay around all day, so everyone has assigned chores/duties. Finn was an apparently shitty stormtrooper so he got the worst assignments back at the base.

The fact that he was a janitor doesn't contradict the fact that he was a soldier
>>
>>63881198
>Kylo gets mad that Finn is a traitor to the FO
>when he himself is a traitor to the Jedi and to his family
Smh desu senpai
>>
>>63881614
this kind of thing is confirmation of all that we say, I hope you have enough braincells to perceive that. In other words, it's not like we are missing the mark but have instead driven right to the heart of the issue. Were it otherwise you would not perceive the meaning therein, yet you do.
>>
>>63881681
Actually, it was his first mission, so we don't know if he was shitty. That doesn't make any sense though. Kylo Ren is going to a village to slaughter everyone to get the map, and the janitor goes with you?

Why not pick a more experienced guy or maybe a guy who's job is "killing expert" or "weapons specialist" and not the janitor?

It's not like they were lacking on storm troopers. The clearly had thousands of them

Some of them even had huge club things, like TR-8R
>>
>>63881671

>Surely if all you need is a few soldiers to kill defenseless villagers you don't bring some random low tier soldiers, right?
>>
>>63881799
For a very simple reason. PHASMA WAS IN CHARGE. SHE TOOK HER FUCKTOY WITH HER.
>>
>>63881799
Knocking over a little village is probably a better first mission than an assault on a Resistance base.
>>
>>63881799
It's an easy first mission desu. Shooting a bunch of villagers. Probably a good mission to integrate the new guy
>>
>>63881671
>we stole this baby and raised him in our special stormtrooper baby facility so he could fulfil the sole role of being a janitor

You're dense as fuck. It was his first mission. His duties when not in combat is to clean toilets. This nitpick is quite genuinely retarded
>>
>>63881446
in that big speech the first order go on about destroying the republic. so they have set up a government but just killing 2 leaders and taking endor doesn't magically get rid of an empire spanning across the universe. im pretty sure the people in power in the empire are reluctant to give up their power.

For example, if the us were to kill al bagdadi and who ever is number 2 in isis and take over one part of syria. isis wont just pack up and go home.
>>
>>63881817
>>63881853
>>63881867
>>63881871
If it was a simple mission,why was Kylo Ren there? The bad guys devoted their whole time to finding the map. That guy with the anti-light sabre weapon looked pretty skilled. Why not just bring a battalion of expert storm troopers with Kylo Ren?

Surely there were storm troopers with other duties better suited for stealthy night time combat missions with your very important Sith leader?
>>
>>63881799
They didn't need elite troops for that mission. It was your basic "go fuck up a civilian village because they have something we want" stormtrooper mission.

You also keep calling him a janitor, which is misleading. He's a stormtrooper who gets assigned to clean the toilets. It's like calling a soldier in the army a shoeshine because he gets assigned to clean everyone's boots back at the base, and then saying "wtf why are the sending the shoeshine out on combat missions???"
>>
>>63882018
explain what part of that mission was "stealthy"
>>
>>63882018
>your very important Sith leader
Nope. He wasn't even the most high-ranked official there. You're autistically nitpicking about irrelevant shit. What if he came simply because he wanted to? After all, Luke was his uncle.
>>
Why is sanitation unimportant.

He was cleaning the most vital part and probably only weak point of the most important weapon in the empire.
>>
>>63882019
>in the army a shoeshine because he gets as
he got raped by a random stormtrooper
so he is a failure of a soldier...cleaning toilets is the best he can aim for
>>
>>63882018
>stealthy

lol what film did you watch? They went in to blitz a little village and capture a rebel agent, nothing about this implies it's a highly skilled mission

Hux even accused Kylo of being far too personally involved in all of this, it makes sense that he went given his own complusion to get the map
>>
>>63882019
Then why send Kylo Ren?

You keep talking about his job. Okay. He was a janitor and also a soldier. Why take him then out of thousands of other...better suited soldiers? Like the soldier who's also a part time martial artist trainer? Or a machine gun expert?

Obama didnt send the janitor to go capture Bin Laden. It's the same concept.

>>63882057
Night time

>>63882077
Really? Kylo Ren seems important. He's constantly talking to Hux and Snoke. People call him Sir.
>>
>>63882120
I don't even know what youre trying to say with this post
>>
>>63882120
>random stormtrooper
Captain Planet isn't just some random storm trooper.
>>
>>63882019
Kylo was there to get the map. The troopers were there to kill the civilians
>>
>>63882248
>Captain Planet
that he is a janitor send to his first mission
not a trooper send to be a janitor
>>
>>63882228
>Night time

Yeah you don't understand what "stealthy" means

They charged in and started setting things on fire and killing people. That is not stealthy.

>>63882228
>Obama didnt send the janitor to go capture Bin Laden. It's the same concept.

No, it's not

This was not a "difficult" mission that required the use of anything more than a basic stormtrooper.
>>
>>63882228
>He's constantly talking to Hux and Snoke. People call him Sir.
Assuming he's like Vader to the emperor he's got a lot of authority, but he's outside the chain of command.

On the death star vader does what Tarkin says, because even though he's there at the behest of the emperor he still has to work with and respect the mechanisms to get shit done.

In empire he's in command of his task force, and then in Jedi, he's at the emperors side.
>>
The assault on the village was Finn's first combat mission, right? Perhaps he'd just reached the minimum age or training level to be allowed on combat missions. Prior to that he'd pulled guard duty in the sanitation department, before that he was in the academy, or something.
>>
>>63882228
Hux kept bitchslapping him throughout all the fucking movie.
>>
>>63882321

failed the quote..
wanted to quote

>>63882230
>>
He only worked sanitation when he was based at the Oscillator, the base was freaking huge and he had obviously had more than one job/deployment.
>>
>>63882228
Its nice having the satifiscation that as autistic as I am, I'll never be as much of an autist as this guy
>>
>>63882329
Did we watch the same movie? The bad guys spent all their time and effort trying to find the map piece. Getting that piece was pretty important. I imagine Kylo Ren doesn't go on every mission?
>>
Ren was a fucking loser who was an asset to the First Order simply because he was Force-sensitive. He was trying so hard to be a badass wearing the mask, cloak and crackly lightsaber, shooting up his school and hating his dad, yet he was just a scared pasty nerd who kept fucking things up for the First Order and who got his ass kicked by a girl.

He'd literally what would happen if you gave an autist a lightsaber.
>>
all you guys talking about logic and why did this happen it doesnt make sense.

Do you realise you are watching a Star Wars movie?

The answer to all your questions and complaints is easy...

DA FORCE
>>
>>63881749
Calm down he's just a eurocuck
>>
File: TRAITOR.jpg (218 KB, 784x904) Image search: [Google]
TRAITOR.jpg
218 KB, 784x904
>>63879878

TR-8R did nothing wrong. Finn sold out his own brothers and sisters in arms because he felt a bit squeamish about what they were doing. These were people he was raised alongside, people he broke bread and bunked with, people he had known since he was a child. They were supposed to be comrades, and on his first real mission he committed treason and got dozens upon dozens of them killed, some of them even by his own hand (well, blaster).

What Finn did was far worse than betraying some military hierarchy. He betrayed his family.
>>
>The force is strong in my family
>My father had it
>I have it
>My sister has it

So Rey is Luke's daughter, right?
>>
>>63882713
How could he betray them like that?

He spent his time literally wading in their feces, nothing builds stronger bonds than bathing in the excrement of your peers
>>
>>63879878
>ape-like black won't kill because he has so much empathy
He's not supposed to make sense, he's a magical nigger inserted into the movie to push jew jew abram's agenda.
>>
>>63880362

That would make sense, if he wasn't raised in that life since he was a child. How did he never foster any kind of camaraderie with his fellow stormtroopers? Why did none of the conditioning take for him specifically, and why did nobody notice it hadn't?
>>
>>63879878
I wonder if john will leave the spartans and fight for the covenant in the new movie Alien covenant.
>>
>>63881085
could it be that kyle can regenerate organic matery? or even resurrect dead? just like shevs master?
>>
File: 1448580471232.png (23 KB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
1448580471232.png
23 KB, 500x209
>>63879878
>you got a boyfriend
>you got a cool boyfriend
That line killed any respect I had for his character
>>
>>63882713
That's something that bothered me as well. He went on his little tirade about not wanting to kill people, and then 30 minutes later he's giggling and shouting "WOO" as he kills his former comrades left and right.
>Wow, I'm getting good at this XD
Annoyed me in particular.
>>
>>63879878

Except he wasn't the only trooper having those problems, since Phasma said there are others that needed to be reindoctrinated.
>>
File: Traitor Dance.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Traitor Dance.gif
107 KB, 300x300
>>63882982

SO IT'S TREASON, THEN.

But yeah, his character felt all over the place. They shouldn't have even made him a stormtrooper if they weren't actually willing to explore what it means to be a stormtrooper at all and then vilify all the other ones in the movie. They didn't humanize stormtroopers so much as they just portrayed Finn as being "the only good one".
>>
>>63880362
Allies killed all SS camp personnel, shitty analogy.
>>
>>63882980
I thought he said "cute boyfriend"

I also thought it was funny
>>
File: CaptainPhasmaTrailer.jpg (64 KB, 860x500) Image search: [Google]
CaptainPhasmaTrailer.jpg
64 KB, 860x500
>>63882905
>Be a ranking officer in a fanatical military unit where member are expected to die rather than surrender
>A traitor waves a gun in your face and tells you to lower the shields so that the entire facility can be destroyed
>Do it without a second thought

fucking
>>
>>63879878
>the Drizzt Do'urden effect
>>
>>63882998

I wonder if Finn killed any of those other ones in his bid for freedom.
>>
File: 1421263734568.gif (1 MB, 446x469) Image search: [Google]
1421263734568.gif
1 MB, 446x469
>>63883152

What was even the point of this fucking useless character?

Wait, I already know the answer to that one: to sell toys.
>>
Ever since Gears of War came out the media has tried to make every black character a carbon copy of Cole Train
>>
>>63883152
Did she die when the Death Star was destroyed or did she escape?
>>
They really needed to extend the film 10 more minutes to explore Fins time as a storm trooper, maybe set up and characterise some of his comrades so there's greater emotional impact when he watches them gun down civvies

Hell the film already has hamfisted Vietnam war imagery with the tie fighters flying towards the target with the sunset ala the hueys in apocalypse now, they could have easily fitted in one of his comrades gunning down some moisture farmers with a laser machine gun from one of the dropships
>>
>>63883276
>They really needed to extend the film 10 more minutes to explore Fins time as a storm trooper

could've easily made that work by cutting off the entire Luke sequence at the end
>>
>>63883152
JUST
>>
>>63883276
>extend the film

It was already too long
>>
>>63883269
Even if she escaped from the trash compactor and then somehow got off the planet, she couldn't really turn up for work again the next day having sold her comrades out like that.

Hopefully we'll never see or hear from her again, but I have a feeling she's going to show up in the next movie.
>>
>>63880752
he was the only black guy in a galaxy and you know whats the only thing they have bigger that whites?
>>
>>63883343
And get rid of more fan service? I don't think so
>>
>>63883381
If she died it would seem like a waste of a character, right?
>>
>>63883378
>can barely sit through a 2hr 15 min movie

God bless America
>>
>>63882982
theres a big difference between wiping out unarmed villagers and arguably bad people trying to kill you.
>>
>>63883502
It was a complaint about all the filler content not the length you retarded autist
>>
so they can sell his toy with a rebel get up and a stormtrooper get up
>>
>>63879878

He resisted the indoctrination because he's good at heart and Star Wars has (in the original trilogy) always been a good vs evil story structured like a traditional fairytale where good and evil clash, but good always triumphs. So he has some inherent "Good" in him that trumps the "Evil" the FO tries to put into him.
>>
>>63883606
It's 2 hours 15 minutes, can't you sit through that without throwing a tantrum, spergy?
>>
>>63883666
Depends on what you put into that time period m8000
>>
>>63883661
So you're saying its magic?
>>
>>63882383
this
>>
>>63883276
It's Disney

I was surprised they smeared blood on his Helmet
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 500x375
>>63883152
>see that scene
>expect her to yell "FUCK YOU NIGGER!" And hit the alarm button
>she actually does what he asked with a meek "m-muh troops will come and kill you, you know...!
>>
>>63880624
>implying people only go to see one movie a month
>implying no one on this board will see it
>>
>>63883152
I still don't get why she bothered lowering the shield for them. Their threat was literally:
>If you don't put down the shield, something which will inevitably lead to your death, we will kill you.
>>
>>63883977
She probably escaped the death star
>>
>>63883514
It was arguably bad people that he grew up with and should have had an emotional connection with though. He doesn't even pause for a moment when he starts fighting them. He fires at them with gleeful abandon, like they were a bunch of womp rats.
>>
>>63880782
>>63880942
Fucking what. Im no medical fag but your nerves have different gates that only work one at a time or some shit. So his wound probably hurt like hell so he smacked it to feel that "pain" instead. Its the same principle with scratching an itch, you make your nerves feel something else.

You guys kek me up sometimes.
>>
>>63883755

Yes, essentially.
>>
>>63883977
>If you don't put down the shield, something which will inevitably lead to your death

She clearly didn't believe that, because she said their efforts were pointless anyway.
>>
>>63884048
nigga u dum af
>>
Stood there staring around with his gun in his hands while all of his co-workers got the job done. Pretty sure J.J. nailed this one.
>>
You're imagining stormtroopers as shallow robots. They're not.
>>
>>63883817
phasma is actually a submissive qt waifu, you know.
>>
>>63883502
It was like 2 hours of action and 15 minutes of dialogue
I know they want to keep the speaking to a minimum so they can reach international markets, but the pace was so fucking rushed
>>
>>63882982
he gets off on fighting for the resistance
>>
>>63884242
Shiiiiiiiiit tyrone I aint no got damn nursing major nigga I just a street bitch
>>
>>63879922
Finn is only his last name. His full name is Dinduna Finn.
>>
>>63885055
>Isn't my meme so clever?
>>
>>63880052
>Because he was different than the others? That's really all the explanation you need, for whatever reason the indoctrination didn't quite work on him and so he didn't feel any loyalty to the FO.

>Be black stormtrooper
>Become self-aware
>Indoctrination into a Nazi analogue stops working

I mean, this makes perfect sense to me. There's not much you could do to convince me to fight for Texas or Alabama.
>>
>>63879951
>A fucking janitor is somehow managed to be able to wield a lightsaber and shit
And still had more training than Rey, go figure.
>>
>no foreshadowing why this stormtrooper gets confused
>out of nowhere decides to save Poe who should have tons of guards and fucking cameras on him
>Risks everything to save some guy because 'it felt right'
>turns into some street kid full of joss whedon quips
>somehow moment of crisis of leaving rey because he doesn't want to be near the First Order despite the fact he fucking risked everything because 'it felt right' now its 'self preservation'.

This character was all over the fucking place, from his acting, his motivations, the script.
>>
>>63880788

well anyone has to start somewhere, in ww2 for some soldiers Stalingrad was their first combat or think of freaking DDay... it wasn't like this was some super tough job or spec op shit, they literarly just went to burn down a village with zero resistance...
>>
>>63883814
>red lines differentiate finn's helmet
>red lines differentiate between OT and new tie pilot helmets
>red lines differentiate between repainted old tie fighters and new two seat ones
>a red line differentiates han solo's spine
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
>>
>>63886179
>>63886179
>out of nowhere decides to save Poe
he needed a pilot, this is explicitly stated by poe and finn
>>
He wasn't indoctrinated from birth. He remembered being taken from his parents and that's why he vowed to never kill for them. It's not like every child soldier ends up being loyal in real life.

How did he resist the brainwashing? The Force.
>>
>>63880788
>>63880176

The mission consisted of storming in and killing everyone in a small village incapable of fighting back, while being backed up by Vader 2.0. It's EXACTLY the kind of safe and simple mission you'd bring along your new recruit so he'll get bloodied and you can see if he's ready.

Same reason he'd spent time as a janitor. Because that's the kind of duty you put kids on while your indoctrinating them to serve your order until their training is completed and they're ready to be field-tested.
>>
>>63883384
Criminal records?
>>
>I can't kill these people....
>But I can kill my own Brothers in Arms without a second thought!
>>
>>63884046
>implying the stormtroopers wouldn't be indoctrinated to not give a shit about each-other, and not only the officers/Empire
>>
>>63886179
He never went out of his way to save anyone,he needed a pilot to escape the Order himself, you dense motherfucker.
>>
>>63880451
>They gave him 2 conflicting back stories,
You're a fucking idiot
>>
It's like y'all niggas think there's no soldiers on cleaning duty in pretty much every military base. You don't bring in some mexican maid to scrub the toilets of your top secret military installation.
>>
>>63880782
Why do you grit your teeth during a severe toothache?
>>
>>63883152
I had no problem with there being a strong female main character and a black main character. The only things that bothered me are that Kylo Ren was played by some dorky looking jew who looks nothing like Leiah or Han and that Phasma was a woman.
>>
>>63879922
Looks human?

He literally looks like a Gorilla. No joke.
>>
>>63887069
>fellow Stormtrooper dies in front of him
>engages shellshock.exe
>trained to not give a shit about his fellow Stormtroopers
I don't think so, anon.
>>
>>63888249
That was his girlfriend, bro.
>>
>>63879951
>He was also working in sanitation?

Oh fuck now I know why they called him a medic in the german dub.
He is saying sanitation and it got mistranslated due to "Sanitäter" (meaning medic) sounding a lot like sanitation in english. Fucking hell what a joke.
>>
>>63880633
>be injured and in pain
>better start sword-fighting with the dindu for 5 minutes when you could kill him in 2 seconds using your powers
>>
>>63888556
Star Wars has always had a bad habit of forgetting the Force exists once the light sabers come out. That's why when Yoda fought Duku and Palpatine they made sure to show that neither could kill the other with just the Force before they whipped out the light sticks.
>>
File: TRAITORRRRRRRRRR.jpg (69 KB, 730x489) Image search: [Google]
TRAITORRRRRRRRRR.jpg
69 KB, 730x489
>>63879878
He's just there so TR-8R can have a nemesis and further expand his arc
>>
File: 1435902711307.png (229 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1435902711307.png
229 KB, 900x900
>>63879878
Nux did it better.
>>
>>63888703
And that's why it doesn't make sense here. He fought against a former stormtrooper and a chick he froze in place earlier in the movie.
He could have ended both fights in a matter of seconds.
>>
File: 1446161541188.gif (497 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1446161541188.gif
497 KB, 245x200
>>63885055

Underrated as fuck
>>
>>63879878
The FO troops still have personalities. The propaganda since birth etc just made them super loyal to the FO. Remember the two troopers that changed walking direction when Kylo was freaking out? Theyre normal dudes
>>
>>63879878
>they sent a fucking janitor to attack a village
>>
>>63889633
I assumed he had too little control over his emotions in the moment. He had just killed his own father and taken a blaster bolt to the stomach. Im surprised he was able to continue fighting. He also probably wanted Finn's death to be more visceral since he was a TRAITOR.

They did a REALLY good job of not making any of the characters look weak in that final fight. Finn held his own. Rey beat Kylo, but Kylo was fucking bleeding out the whole time so it made him look strong that he was still winning nearly the entire fight.
>>
>>63880321
>Why does Chewy's weapon fire red lasers instead of green?

Chewbacca's bowcaster has always fired red bolts and made the same sound as a blaster in the movies.

every other (and I mean EVERY OTHER) time a bowcaster is shown firing in the EU or video games or whatever, it has green bolts and sounds more mechanical than pew pew
>>
>>63879878
Poe and Finn were one character split into two.

maybe they'll do something interesting with these two characters that will make more sense. Finn's character just felt ridiculously unnecessary though, and he never seemed like he belonged in the star wars universe. He also doesn't really act like a person who was taken as a child and forced into military life for the entirety of his memory. He seems more like a hoodrat, and this isn't a fault on his appearance or race. They just didn't write him very convincingly or very well for that matter.
>>
>>63890281
He was still a trained soldier. it just said that he worked sanitation on that particular station. In the military they give you different jobs. Even in the US military the infantry are the ones picking up the trash on base.
>>
>>63880083
Kylo was toying with him senpai

Moment he scratched Kylo Kylo knocked his saber away and slashed the fuck out of him. Instantly. Kylo was toying with him
>>
>>63883152

I was kind of expecting Phasma to be the one doing the fighting while Kylo Ren would be the commander, for most of the movie at least. Instead, Ren spends the whole movie getting his hands dirty which leaves her to be a background prop, and she only has 5 lines, half of which were
>m-my troopers are gonna get you!
>pls dont shoot me

it was pretty fucking sad, I was at least expecting her to curse Finn out or something less pathetic
>>
>>63886929
I agree with you, except they did fight back, they all armed themselves and set up defences within moments of spotting trooper ships

They were presumably a resistance sleeper cell, they weren't civilians they were dirty insurgents

Makes them getting executed a bit different
>>
>>63888335
Coulda been. Source?
>>
The fact that his first battle involved murdering innocent people pushed him over the edge, rather than him being slowly exposed to it.
>>
>>63890680
>Poe and Finn were one character split into two

Rewrite TFA without Finn:

>dashing ace pilot on secret mission
>gets captured, makes wisecracks in the face of death, tortured and eventually caves
>escapes captivity by own guile, steals ship on his own and escapes
>heroically goes back to the planet instead of fleeing because the mission comes first
>tracks down his droid, meets babe, they get attacked
>he's the ace pilot so he flies the falcon, while she shoots (one less Mary Sue point)

I got bored but this is already better than it was
>>
>>63891235
now combine poefinn with ray
>>
Everything that was written in this thread is wrong, 240 posts of retarded opinions.

It's literally the first 10 minutes, he's guided by the force, Kylo Ren notices him, it's the whole reason why he has the force has awakened dialogue with Snoke later on and why he remembers his name.
>>
>>63891322
>Finpo steals ship and escapes
>Heads down to his planet for his droid
>Crash lands on the wrong side of the planet instead of within a couple of miles which is ridiculous
>Can't find droid, no ship, so lives in wrecked ATAT waiting for someone from the resistance to come and pick him up
>Earns living scavenging derelicts

There, Finporay. The rest is him/her/it finding out it has magic powers and doing everything right first time
>>
>>63879878

Worthless character killed the entire fucking movie.

Bo the pilot should have been the protagonist.
>>
>>63879922
>Dindu from Bixnoodia

my sides have gone the way of the death star
Thread replies: 246
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.