[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled this movie is trash right? watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 71uKIe1RokL._SL1500_.jpg (179 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71uKIe1RokL._SL1500_.jpg
179 KB, 1500x1500
Now that the dust has settled this movie is trash right? watched it 4 times. 1st i liked. 2nd i loved. 3rd i hated. 4th i hated.
>>
I'm just pissed that literally none of the actors were actually playing their instruments.

I'm tired of fucking Hollywood being so god damn lazy that they just cgi faces onto musicians rather than making the actors learn how to play.
>>
>>63877668
I watched two times and liked it. It's fun to see a military musician giving orders.
>>
>>63877709

Miles know the drums, don't he? I saw in a interview.

And fuck you OP, this FILM is great.
>>
Not my tempo.
>>
Basically a sport movie, with music instead of physical prowesses.
>>
fuck this movie
>his hands bleed every time he works hard
>thinking the audience is so stupid we need a fucking visual for when the character is in pain
>cant have a relationship because music is so important hurr
>oh your an athlete well im better than you cause music is so important hurr
>>
>>63877709
The screenwriter apparently has experience jazz drumming, though. You can't have everything, anon. The point of film isn't to ape reality as accurately as possible, either, unless you're some kind of new-school hyperrealist or something.
>>
>>63877915
BACK IN MY DAY IT WAS JUST CALLED BEING AUTHENTIC
>>
>>63877884
>imagery
>the point is that his drive to succeed as a musician is destroying him. maybe he COULD have balanced a serious career in music with a normal life, but he didn't feel that way.
>the scene is his family not giving a shit while fawning over his normalfag brother. you can argue that it was condensed into one scene because there wasn't time to characterize his family, so it came off a little flat yeah. other than that it was believable.
>>
Great movie, mostly due to the editing, soundtrack, and J.K. Simmons. Chazelle is a talent to watch.

8/10
>>
The depiction of jazz as a challenge to be overcome and art or self expression was a bit silly to me but otherwise I liked it

>>63877709
>expecting an actor to learn to play advanced drum solos in the 4 months between casting and production starts
And no, they shouldn't have cast an actor based off their drumming ability, that stuff ultimately doesn't matter.

Unless you're actually complaining about the music being dubbed over, then you're complaining about something even dumber
>>
>>63878092
>imagery
every fucking time he picked up his sticks he started bleeding
>>
I watched it 5 times

first i liked it
second i really liked it
third i loved it
fourth i really really liked it
fifth i realized it was complete plebeian trash
>>
>Movie called Whiplash
>He gets whiplash in the car crash
>The song is called whiplash
Such Depth
>>
>>63877709
They did play them though in short segments stitched together
>>
The most fascist dreck in years, no wonder reddit sucked it up
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.