[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In early drafts of Attack of the Clones, the name of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
>In early drafts of Attack of the Clones, the name of the Jedi who contacted the Kaminoans was Sido-Dyas, and was originally a false identity for Darth Sidious—Obi-Wan Kenobi claimed to have never heard of him, and Mace Windu confirmed no Jedi of that name existed. The spelling "Sifo-Dyas" appears in one draft as a typing error that Lucas preferred to the original name;[5] thus the scenario of the Jedi's identity was rewritten.

>Sido-Dyas
>Sidious
>No one can work out the connection
>This only got fixed because Lucas made a typo
Jesus Christ
>>
Nobody knew the name Sidious until Dooku told him on Geonosis.
>>
>>63877698
Sidious first appears in TPM when Nute Gunrays talk with Sheev
>>
>>63878096
I meant the Jedi. Obviously those working with him knew it.
>>
>>63878096
Are you fucking stupid? None of the Jedi have any contact with Sidious until episode 3.
>>
Wait wait. So is it canon that sidious ordered the clone arny then?

Prequels are so deep I never picked up on this before
>>
>>63878282

That is if you don't count the Clone Wars series.
>>
>>63878349
>Wait wait. So is it canon that sidious ordered the clone arny then?
>Prequels are so deep I never picked up on this before

please tell me this is a joke
>>
>>63877664
no joke i thought que gon ordered them, huh...
>>
There may have been a real Sifo-Dyas, but it was clearly a pseudonym for either Dooku or Sheev. Obi-Wan says Sifo-Dyas died before the clone army could have been commissioned, and Jango Fett outright says he's never heard of Sifo-Dyas and he was contracted by a "man named Tyranus".

It's just that the Clone Wars cartoon is retarded and literally made for babies so they didn't understand that
>>
>>63877664
Execute order 666
>>
>Jedi never investigated the clone army any further

They literally dropped the entire thing when the war started and never once wondered who made a republic army before the war started
>>
>>63880390
they did in the canon disney TV show
>>
>>63877664
This is sort of my real beef with the prequels. The timeline in AotC for the Clone army order presented a really cool opportunity that was thrown away and the story presented was a mess.

So we have Count Dooku who was Qui Gon Jinn's master. Qui Gon Jinn was very shaky on his support for the Jedi Council. Apparently so was Dooku, who left the Jedi order at some point.

Around the time Qui Gon Jinn dies, someone places a large order for a Clone army. Subsequently Count Dooku starts a separatist movement that enlists the various Guilds and Federations and their droid armies.

Then it turns out the person responsible for both was Darth Sidious, and he just wanted a war to give him special authority in the government and then take over. He was in charge of both armies.

But I think that making Count Dooku a Sith was a bad decision. The Separatists should have been the good guys(in retrospect).

Imagine if Dooku wasn't Sidious' apprentice but a guy who saw what was going on in the Republic and saw the Jedi Council was oblivious and decided to do something about it.

His former padawan Qui Gonn is killed by a Sith with no real repercussions from the Jedi, which makes him decide to leave the order and oppose the Republic. He teams up with the Trade Federation who were betrayed by Sidious and oppose the Republic. They find out about the Clone order and start building an army to counter the Sith-infected republic.

Sidious was thus still responsible for the war, but didn't need to be in charge of both sides.
>>
>>63880987
The guy who did "what if the prequels were good" also thought this. Difficult not to agree.

Dooku was completely mishandled
>>
File: 1397005469721.png (142 KB, 570x319) Image search: [Google]
1397005469721.png
142 KB, 570x319
>>63880300
>It's just that the Clone Wars cartoon is retarded and literally made for babies so they didn't understand that
>The show that couldn't move a fucking pebble in the clusterfuck that is the SW lore without George fucking Lucas and his team of canon experts giving it the green light is to blame for this
>>
>>63877664

>Darth Sidious
>subtle

How about Darth Evilguy or Darth Villanos?

The fuck.
>>
File: 1450586344610.jpg (69 KB, 376x304) Image search: [Google]
1450586344610.jpg
69 KB, 376x304
>>63878390
>tfw shitty cartoon is canon
>sheev duel wields
>maul talks and has a mustard brother
>>
>>63877664
I always wondered what the fuck this was about.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.