[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come he managed to gain more attention and popularity from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: storm.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
storm.gif
107 KB, 300x300
How come he managed to gain more attention and popularity from the fans than Phasma, Hux and Kylo?
>>
File: 1390764632149.jpg (15 KB, 441x411) Image search: [Google]
1390764632149.jpg
15 KB, 441x411
>>63877520
>/tv/
>"the fans"
>>
File: BIG BLACK STAFF.png (216 KB, 424x365) Image search: [Google]
BIG BLACK STAFF.png
216 KB, 424x365
>>63877520
So, it's because TFA is literally JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63877520
BEcause he deserves it much more. He was the last authentic character in any SW movie. Everything else was made to fit a certain demographic's expectations and likings while he is just an isolated piece of pure in-world cohesion.
>>
>>63877520
he had a simple relatable goal and the dedication to pursue it despite the odds.
>>
Is Baneposting even relevant nowadays?
>>
>>63877520
TR-8R was unexpected and set the tone for hiw the S tormtroopers feel about loyalty. His reaction wasnt typical. It was genuine. He truly felt betrayed. He felt it so strongly, that we the audience felt it, and it was real.
>>
>>63877520
With one word he conveyed more emotion, than other charcter do in a whole conversation. Also all of First Order badassness was poured in this guy, shame he died so fast.
>>
>>63877577
>Aldnoah.Zero is the shit
>Guilty Crown complex
>Claims to be some kind of expert in anime

Seriously??
>>
It is weird. They could so easily have made Phasma more important by giving her this guy's scene and having her just get knocked unconscious or something. Instead her only contribution to the movie is getting captured by Finn and Han.
>>
>>63877520
He looks like a videogame character and does videogamey things, no wonder /tv/ loves him so much

TRAITOR XD
>>
>>63877876
The hate towards the anime adaptation has begun converting directly to the novel. However, the general consensus is that the novel is superior to the anime, and I would like to just say that the novel isn't necessarily going to be as 'bad' as the anime. I won't tell you to give the novel a go if you hated the anime however, as it is likely that you will start reading the novel with a biased and negative opinion, which never ends well. Or this could just not be for you. Either way, onto the review:

Sword Art Online. Also known as SAO, this series currently (at the time of this review) stands as the second top ranking Light Novel on MAL, and 11th when including Manga. First published in April 2009, it has continually gained popularity, currently having 10 volumes and multiple side stories which will only keep increasing with time. So why is this series so popular? There is a reason behind everything, and this is no exception.
>>
>>63877909
Fun fact: "TRAITOR" is a meme pushed by Disney to try and be the next Baneposting.
>>
>>63877520
Because some random stormtrooper stood up to a light saber wielder, for all he knew he could have had jedi training or secretly been a jedi.

Jedis and their weapons are so few and mystic, the last guy with one took down the entire empire.

Yet he rises up to this guy, even though hes just a storm trooper and is angry as fuck.

Its kind of a as if Some uber elite general commander is in a mech suit, then some random pissant foot soldier starts fighting him specifically.
>>
>>63877577
Man, I was there when this copypasta was first ironically posted...
>>
>>63877520
>than Phasma

He actually did shit and posed a legitimate threat to a protagonist

>and Kylo

That's debatable. Most people I've seen both here and elsewhere think that Kylo Ren was one of the best characters in the movie.
>>
>>63877759
This.

In general, we actually get to see Troopers as people. Finn, obviously, is the first we get to see doing so, but you can see it in the Troopers backing off during the temper tantrum as well.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.