[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kylo Ren's Lightsaber
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
So, what was up with the design of this thing from an in-universe perspective?

The blade is all crackly, and popping and doesn't to work right compared to others we've seen.

Two theories

>Ren has intentionally edgelorded up his design by making the blade overpowered and nearly out of control. The overdesigned crossguard blades fit nicely into his immature world-view.

>Ren doesn't actually know how to properly build a lightsaber and has had to reverse engineer some of the design or make guesses. This is why the blades only half-way work

This is also a good explanation to add to the others for why he didn't do so well in the lightsaber duels. His blade is no match for the real thing.
>>
poor containment field, probably real dangerous and unstable, perfect for an edgelord.

but i like that theory about him building a half assed lightsaber
>>
>>63877154
>Ren doesn't actually know how to properly build a lightsaber and has had to reverse engineer some of the design or make guesses. This is why the blades only half-way work

I think this is the actual canon explanation. Ren is kind of a shit who gets by on intimidation because he's got a lot of raw power, and the same goes with his lightsaber. It looks fucking powerful, but in reality it's really fucking unstable.
>>
I would say that he doesn't know how to sith properly because the rule of the two was broken when Vader killed Sheev before dying himself and leaving without an apprentice.
>>
He's using a cracked lightsaber crystal for whatever reason
>>
File: 1450480031518.jpg (207 KB, 1280x578) Image search: [Google]
1450480031518.jpg
207 KB, 1280x578
RedditletterMedia kinda put it pretty well, he doesn't really know what the fuck he is doing. He tried to make one and be a badass so its all sketchy
>>
>>63877154
He's a grimdark edgelord all angsty because mommy and daddy broke up.
>>
>>63877202
POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>63877301
That's really all there is to it in the end.
>>
I think the canon artbook says that his lightsaber's crystal is cracked
>>
>>63877608
>>63877247

Is it the crystal from Darth Vader's 2nd lightsaber?
>>
>>63877226
The rule was actually broken before that when Darth palageius survived an assassination attempt
>>
It's because his lightsaber is shoddily made. The crystals needed to make one are hard to come by these days, especially for siths since the jedi were the ones who had most of the crystals or knew where they were.

His crystal is shitty and faulty which is why his blade is a little distorted and wacky, and why he also needs the exhaust ports just to make the blade somewhat stable.

I think it actually gives it a really cool effect.
>>
>>63877154
his lightsabers design is meant to be a replica of one from thousands of years ago but because the crystal is cracked, the power overload mixed with the design makes it all weird and shit
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kylo_Ren's_lightsaber
>>
No need for theories, that's one of the things we know for certain.

He used a cracked crystal which leads to unstable energy flow and needs "vents" for the extra exhaust.

that was nerdy as hell
>>
>>63877742
>Darth palageius survived an assassination attempt
>Source: your ass
>>
>>63877993
You know it to be true
>>
>>63878059
He might be a Darth Maul as well.
>>
Its just the jew director saying Christians are evil. Typical kike shit.
>>
>>63877868
>so nerdy lol XD
Another trip for the filter>>63877993
>>
edgelord white guy trying to own up to the genocidal mandate of his grandfather ignites crusader style sword in a time when whole generations of white people are floundering, torn between giving in to the new era of DIVERSITYAY and honoring their heritage as evil fucks

when movies get too real
>>
>>63877742
His new name is Jar Jar. Episode VIII ends with Jar Jar killing off Snooky.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.