[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody else prefer Friends over Seinfeld?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: friends_h.jpg (186 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
friends_h.jpg
186 KB, 1296x730
Anybody else prefer Friends over Seinfeld?
>>
Only miserable faggots prefer Seinfeld
>>
File: 1299315671087.gif (996 KB, 295x223) Image search: [Google]
1299315671087.gif
996 KB, 295x223
>>63877382
>>
File: 1444879529892.jpg (23 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
1444879529892.jpg
23 KB, 500x800
>>63877382
>mfw thats truw

Friends is the ultimate show for normies
>>
Neither are funny at all, but Friends is more comfy.
>>
>>63877097
friends
i just dont believe those ugly seinfeld motherfuckers got lucky on a regular basis with people way out of their league
>>
File: costanza.jpg (61 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
61 KB, 640x420
>hating on based Larry David
>>
>>63877481
Objectively false.
Nothing in the world beats seinfeld season 1-3 in terms of comfy. NOTHING.
>>
>>63877565
Seinfeld is comfy but Friends is comfy + literally comfy. Half the time they're in sweats and chilling in the apartments
>>
I never understood how anyone could like Friends. It's such a terribly boring show. It's too normal. There's a few token wacky characters, but even they are boring. And annoying. They're all annoying and completely unlikable.

Seinfeld on the other hand is one of the greatest shows of all time because it didn't care so much about realism. Everyone in the show is absolutely insane and getting into crazy unrealistic situations and coincidences all the time.
>>
>>63878066
Also seinfeld doesn't pretend that its characters are good people, like friends does.
>>
There's actually a very obvious reason why Seinfeld is better, and everyone will take 10 seconds thinking back when they hear it:

Seinfeld has a laugh track, but it's ONLY a laugh track. Never in the entire run of the show was there an "awww" moment. The show was comedy, irreverent and absurd, and never pandered to the emotions of the audience.
>>
>>63877545
That's not Larry David, that's Danny Devito
>>
>>63878257
That doesn't make it better.
>>
Will and Grace > All
>>
Seinfeld characters are more enjoyable to watch and I can kinda relate to George a lot

with Friends it's just not believable and there's too much of a focus on the non-comedy stuff
>>
>>63878257
this, fuck the sappy bullshit and romantic arcs in Friends

when George's wife died nobody gave a fuck
>>
>>63878129
That too. They're horrible people because their lives are horrible and horrible things are happening to them all the time. In that way I guess it makes you feel sorry for them and want them to see them succeed.

Which is great. Every time the characters succeed at something, things are fine for a while, but then something comes along to ruin it.
>>
I hope not.
>>
Friends and Seinfeld both portrayed a New York without minorities

Friends went one step further and portrayed a New York without funny people
>>
>>63878592
>I can kinda relate to George a lot

this is the worst feel desu
>>
>>63877788
Kek. Seinfeld is 60 % in apartment + very light dialogue + relatable situations as opposed to friends' superficial and vapid dialogue. Plus seinfeld has no Phoebe/Rachel/Monica.
>>
>>63877097
Yes although it's probably because I grew up with friends and not with Seinfeld.

I tried watching Seinfeld as an adult, it's not that good. Every episode is the same t b h.
>>
>>63878686
>new york

It was Manhattan. There are very few minorities in manhattan.
>>
I watched Friends for a whole season. Then I came to my senses and was ashamed that I was watching an unfunny show just because of Jennifer Aniston's perpetually erect nipples
>>
>>63878129
This, outside from Joey and sometimes Chandler, every character on friends was a terrible person. Narcisistic, stuck up, selfish, pretentious... And there was no realism to it whatsoever: people with such low-paying jobs wouldn't be able to afford such an expensive living in one of the most expensive cities in the world. Besides, I hate to sound like reddit or tumblr, but come on. No black people in a show set in New York? That's pushing it a lot.
>>
>>63878766
>There are very few minorities in manhattan.
You ever heard of Harlem, nigga?
>>
>>63878592

This.
While I've seen Friends a whole lot more than Seinfeld, I like the feeling a lot that Seinfeld is more grounded in reality, bad stuff happens to our beloved characters but we don't mind because we get a laugh out of it. Friends I don't' really enjoy since everything works out far too perfectly for everyone and everything is rather fairy tale esque.
>>
>>63878821
>implying

Firends apartment was in fucking Greenwich village, the last time I was there, I could count non white people on my fingers.

And seinfeld also lived in some nice place.
>>
>>63878860
I agree. Seinfeld is written far more relatably than Friends. Except for Jerry's mediocre ass pulling nines and dimes every week, I think the viewers could see those situations happening to them.
Besides, Seinfeld's writing is far more quotable. The show has been off for almost 20 years, and people still laugh if you make a reference.
Try talking about smelly cats or Ross's monkey, however, and you'll get the side-eye.
>>
>>63878933
>And seinfeld also lived in some nice place.
Yeah, he lived on the upper west side. There were not many black people on Seinfeld, but they were not non-existent like on Friends.

BTW, Seinfeld lived in a nice place, and it was justifiable; he was a relatively successful comic. Elaine was an upper-level executive, and sometimes George was too. I can't explain Kramer living well, but I think that's a part of his mystery. It wasn't like a waitress and a street musician being able to pay their share of the rent on a penthouse apartment.
>>
>>63879211
Kramer was Newman's dealer.
>>
>>63878686
Jews aren't minorities? Jerry was Jewish, and Ross and Monica were both Jewish.

They both had very few black or asian people in them though. It was said of Friends that the only thing in the show that was black was the coffee.
>>
i strongly dislike both shows
>>
>>63879286
>It was said of Friends that the only thing in the show that was black was the coffee.
Rachel and Monica should have had something black in them
>>
they're both shit written for morons by morons
>>
>>63878497
>That doesn't make it better.
That makes it authentic.
You watch Seinfeld because it's entertaining, not because you've been manipulated into emotional attachment to the characters.
>>
>>63877097
I don't know a single person that has watched Seinfield or Fraser, ware they even shown outside NA ?
>>
>>63879211
>>
>>63879286
>Jews aren't minorities?

Depends how you even define minority status. I think a good portion of Jews are generically caucasian, such that they can potentially be viewed as the mainstream group of many countries they visit, whether Netherlands, Libya, (north) India, or Brazil.

I think Jews in the US are only literally a minority, in that 1.6% or so of Americans are Jewish. But if you said "Norwegian people are a minority", you could easily find out that Norwegians make up 1.5% of Americans, while "African Americans" make up 13.6% of the population, but, we recognize the absurdity in calling Norwegians a minority. It's because we decided something about who blends in and who doesn't.
>>
>>63879814
Yes, they were both massively popular tv shows here (Australia)
>>
>>63877097
literally everyone who isn't american prefers friends

even some americans prefer friends unless they're biased

seinfeld is very much average, and constanza is the best part. that's it. friends is top tier
>>
>>63882486

Friends is relatable garbage.
>>
Women and fags prefer Friends
Men and le quirky girls such nerds teehee ^_^ prefer Seinfeld
>>
>>63879938
This was the last season Sempai
>>
>>63879938
Imagine being Schwimmer in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Aisha Tyler, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me."
>>
>>63878686
Jews
Kramers black girlfriend
puerto rican day
poppy got sloppy
babu bhatt
nigerian marathon runner guy
plenty of asian businessmen
Midget dude friend of kramer
Georges ex becomes a dyke
Jerrys russian gymnast girlfriend
illegant cuban imigrants making cigar

Yeh no minorities
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.