[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post at least three (3) scenes from TFA that might become iconic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: the force awakens.jpg (528 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
the force awakens.jpg
528 KB, 1536x864
Post at least three (3) scenes from TFA that might become iconic (or memetic) at some point in the future.

protip: you really can't
>>
Kylo freezing the blaster shot.
Kylo freezing Rey.
Kylo killing Han.

Kylo Ren is already the most iconic character this decade. He resonates with me so much. I love him.
>>
thats not how the force works

kylo kills han

stormtroopers turn around when kylo has a tantrum
>>
>>63875987

Poe and Finn's escape from the Star Destroyer was a lot of fun and was the point where I REALLY started getting into the characters and plot.

Kylo Ren's mental showdown with Rey marks the point where he really starts breaking down emotionally and where she accepts her Force abilities for the first time.

And then Kylo Ren's meeting with Han on the bridge and him going full blown Dark Side.
>>
>>63876080
Subtle bait
7/10
>>
>>63876080

1 and 3, definitely.

2 though? Eh, not really that iconic. It does seem that a lot of the most memorable moments in my opinion come from Kylo Ren's character though. His internal conflict is the most interesting part of the movie in my opinion.
>>
>>63876080
like myself, he is cynical and nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor
>>
Kylo freezing the shot
TRAITORRRR
Kylo killing Han

Some other ones not involving Ren may be Finn and Poe's escape and Rey's mind trick, might be at the level of death sticks guy

Oh and Kylo talking to Vader helment
>>
>>63875987
The final scene is already enormously iconic, it's getting memeposted everywhere
>>
>>63876134
>scenes

I think Han's death was the only moment that even really had the POTENTIAL to be iconic, because the story has so few original moments. I personally thought it was done quite flatly, there wasn't a huge amount of artistry to it, although the acting meant it definitely wasn't a bad scene.

Perhaps the duel in the snow could have been iconic if it had been directed really well and Rey's character had been more well-written (she spends the movie trying and failing to use the Force, then succeeds only at the end). One weird thing about the duel is that it never moves around - it's all in the exact same forest with no changes in terrain that aren't for the plot.

Otherwise, I got nothing.
>>
>>63876134
I've yet to see the movie, going on Wednesday, but all this talk about the tantrums has really got me excited. Tell me, how many of them are there? What are they like? Is he complaining about shit like no one taking him seriously?
>>
>>63875987
Kylo killing Han is a definite
Rey seeing Luke for the first time (even though it was poorly done, it will definitely be remembered)
The Millenium Falcon appearing and being chased on the desert planet
Han Solo and Chewy walking in for the first time
The First Order surrounding the Resistance members including Han Solo and Chewy and the battle that ensues, especially with Finn using the lightsaber against the swinging storm trooper
Poe and Finn's escape at the beginning of the movie, probably one of my favourite parts
Kylo freezing the blaster shot

That's most of 'em.
>>
>>63876502
There's I think three. They generally happen whenever the main cast foil his plans or something isn't going the way he planned for it to go
>>
>>63875987
BB-8 trying to set Finn on Fire

Kylo kills Han

Traitor

Kylo takes off his mask revealing his dumb face
>>
File: traitor2.jpg (129 KB, 1400x585) Image search: [Google]
traitor2.jpg
129 KB, 1400x585
>>63875987

TRAITOR
>>
>>63876502
There's two or three, I think
He does it because First Order troops are written to be terrible
He's also a bitch
>>
TRAITOR
>>
I liked the escape from the star destroyer with Finn and Poe, the link they had to break, destroying the cannon, finally getting hit with by a rocket.

Also the first Falcon flight with Rey being a shitty pilot and Finn shooting tie-fighter down with a broken gun.

There were too many good sequences in this movie in my opinion, that's the problem, nothing really stands out if you take it all at once. But it doesn't really make them worse, just less impactful.
>>
>>63875987
The movie was so garbage it can't even produce a meme.
>>
>>63875987
Finn himself is the biggest meme tho.
>>
>>63876568
>BB-8 trying to set Finn on Fire
Oh god, how could I forget that. And his thumbs up.

That's one of those moments the kids that grow up with this will never forget
>>
File: TrayTor.png (215 KB, 538x540) Image search: [Google]
TrayTor.png
215 KB, 538x540
>>63876572
>>63876568
>>63876585
>>63876532
>>63876351
>So it's treason then
F
>>
>>63876678
>tfw all the young kids who watched the movie will realise in 10 years that BB-8 was actually a white supremacist
>>
>>63876618
well memed my friend xD
>>
>>63876678

You know what, this isn't a bad movie to have for fond childhood memories. There's a lot of good characters and fun moments. It can appeal to kids without talking down to them.
>>
OP has a point, there's like one real scene and a joke that's iconic:

1.Han death
2.Millennium Falcon reveal
3.Literally nothing else

In ten years time no-ones going to think back and say "Wow, remember that time Kylo Ren froze the blaster shot with the force?" Its not memorable. There's no trench run or "Do or do not there is no try" just fucking 'XD comedy' and bland post 2010 action scenes.

I blame the jews
>>
File: funnybanana.jpg (9 KB, 229x250) Image search: [Google]
funnybanana.jpg
9 KB, 229x250
>mfw thumbs up scene was the best scene
>>
File: 1437354700572.jpg (54 KB, 744x419) Image search: [Google]
1437354700572.jpg
54 KB, 744x419
>>63877239
>In ten years time no-ones going to think back and say "Wow, remember that time Kylo Ren froze the blaster shot with the force?" Its not memorable.

I don't know about you, but I fucking will. Just that one moment was probably the most impressive thing I've seen done with the Force in any of the movies.
>>
>>63877291

The theater I saw it in was pretty quiet for most of the movie, but that got a big laugh out of the audience.
>>
I think people will remember the part where Rey first finds BB8. Something about coming over the hill of sand, just seeing this weird creature, really caught my attention for some reason.
>>
>>63875987
Han's death
The star destroyer eclipsing the planet (surprised no one mentioned this)
Luke removing his hood
>>
>>63877756
>The star destroyer eclipsing the planet (surprised no one mentioned this)

I was expecting some sort of riff on the original shot of Episode IV, but I was not expecting THAT.

Really creative way to pay homage to it, I was impressed.

>Luke removing his hood

My first thought was "holy shit he looks like a legit Jedi Master now". It was funny comparing that appearance to his Trickster that was on the Flash series just a couple weeks ago.
>>
>>63876333
and is a whiny little cunt that cries all the time?
>>
>>63876080
Most of the other great scenes have already been mentioned, but I also really liked Rey's intro scene where she was scavenging the rusting star destroyer. Very cinematic, reminded me of nausicaa.
>>
>>63876678
>>63877291

>thumbs up.
I thought she was giving him the middle finger.
>>
>>63876844
> It can appeal to kids without talking down to them.

I felt like this movie was meant for adults. This movie had a lot of nostalgia, with all the cameos and references. Kids wouldn't appreciate episode 7 as much.
>>
Nothing original really comes to mind thinking about it but the voice they did with Ren and maybe his blaster freeze. The rest was already done in A New Hope.
>>
Seriously why hasn't anyone mentioned the escape from Jakku. That shit was cool as fuck.
>>
>>63878583
Nothing special, just another bog-standard chase scene with quick cutting and lots of blur.
>>
>>63875987
The fucking climactic lightsaber duel between Kylo and Rey culminating in a stalemate as the ground breaks away between them followed moments later with the whole fucking planet exploding.
>>
>>63878893

Kylo is going to have a wicked sweet scar across his face that he's going to obsess over in the sequel, just watch.
>>
"Move, ball."
>>
>>63877817
>Really creative way to pay homage to it, I was impressed
Yes, in fact I'd say it's the best opening shot since the original. It makes the star destroyer look huge and threatening but in a totally new way.
>>
>>63879008
This actually seemed like an origin film for him. This is when he truly abandons any good and gets some horrible scars that will no doubt be a big part of his look.
>>
>>63875987
TRAITOR
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6319517
TRAYTOR
MARTIN
>>
>>63876502

He basically snaps and goes apeshit with this lightsaber and tears shit up.
>>
>>63879805

I really hope he gets his shit together and starts developing the skills and power to be a legitimate threat without hiding behind his mask for the sequel.
>>
When the resistance first showed up. All the xwings over the water was cool.
>>
>what shall we do with her?
>*looks at the camera* they got a trash compactor in here? *half smile, wink, laugh track*
>>
Luke and Rey on the island. The whole camera rotating around them could totally become a thing
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.