[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /tv/ think there is possible potential in a 40K movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
Does /tv/ think there is possible potential in a 40K movie?
>>
>>63873700
There is, but if they make it everyone will think it's a gears of war rip off, plus the budget would be off the charts
>>
YES
But no competent screenwriter or director will go near it because its not really a mainstream IP
>>
>>63873700
Perhaps after the Warcraft movie, we'll see an interest for this.
I want nothing more than a really good WH40K film series.
>>
File: Horus-Heresy-Art-2.jpg (868 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Horus-Heresy-Art-2.jpg
868 KB, 2560x1440
How would you Direct a 40K movie?
Would base it around the Horus Heresy?
>>
>>63873899
I guess, with a good long introduction, from the dark ages, through the great crusade and into the 31st millenium. Propperly introducing the Emperor and the Imperium of Man.
>>
>>63873700
With its deep lore? An HBO series with about 5 season would be just enough to tell a rich story.
>>
>>63873700
Who would be the cast for the empire/chaos/whatever?
>>
>>63873899
>that faggot fulgrim chose pink as his color

No wonder he wanted to get fucked in the ass by Slaanesh's barbed dick.
>>
>>63874067
it's all he wanted tho
>>
Theres no potential in warhammer video games but they keep making them. Im sure some fat glasses & mom jean keith apicary's will eat it up
>>
>>63873700
Maybe one centered in the Imperial Guard against Tyranids or Orks, pure slaughter until arrive the Ultrafags
>>
>Super grim-dark
>Graphic violence
>Lore exploration and portrayal
>FOR THE EMPEROR
>>
Who are your favorite 40K race /tv/?
>>
>>63874012
I wish casting autists could somehow be banned from the site.
>>
Of course there is.

The main problem?

Too much focus on the Astartes.

I want a Last Chancers book.

I want to see Fifteen Hours.

I want to see Double Eagle.

I want to see Dead Men Walking.

Shit, if they want something a bit more optimistic or funny, go for the Ciaphas Cain novels.
>>
>>63873899
I had an idea of trilogy, based around Blood Ravens being finally revealed to be descendants of Thousand Sons, and getting possibly seduced by Arihman, MC would be a Librarian. Then I understood it was too fucking reminiscent of Soul Drinkers book.
I think movies should go hand-in-hand with advancing the storyline. Wanted to both Magnus and Leman Russ appear in the third one, to square once and for all. Magnus would be a tragic character, only looking for redemption, and would die in one-on-one combat.
>>
File: 1443208997574.png (86 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1443208997574.png
86 KB, 510x546
>>63874509
>Anyone but Orks
>>
>>63873899
>Would base it around the Horus Heresy?
If just one or two films, I would probably look at adapting Eisenhorn or Gaunt's Ghosts, although latter done right would work better in mini-series format or a full series consisting of several seasons.
If cinematic universe, just a shitload of anthology stories. Maybe with some loose connections here and there like a recurring character or mention of events in the other movies. But this way you could make everything from a horror movie with guardsmen and tyranids (who said Alien?) or a wacky space comedy starring some lunatic orc warboss.

But it doesn't matter. It would take an enormous amount of money to do anything justice. The sets and costumes alone would take a fortune. And it's to edgy/grimdark to break into the mainstream I think.
>>
File: 1436904505687.png (227 KB, 501x538) Image search: [Google]
1436904505687.png
227 KB, 501x538
>>63874509
Tau, i like to dakka dakka
>>
File: 1409264418501.jpg (1 MB, 1280x797) Image search: [Google]
1409264418501.jpg
1 MB, 1280x797
>>63874509
As boring as it sounds I love the Imperium of Man. Specifically the Imperial Guard.
>>
To be good, such movie would have to be graphic (meaning severe age restrictions), heavy on CGI, and explain fuckton of stuff to a random moviegoer who know nothing but giant shoulderpads. A lost cause for producers, if we're talking Space Marines, and even less of a chance to get something else.
Maybe a TV series about Inquisitor would work. It won't require much, just gloomy sets representing Hive City, some cultists to hunt, moral dilemmas, etc. Shove in some melodrama and get in on CW for all I care.
>>
>>63874807

>moral dilemma
>do I exterminatus this world or do I merely burn 9/10 of its population
>>
>>63874925
That's a pretty lopsided opinion about Inquisitors, they come in all sizes and moral values
>>
>>63873899
>Horus Heresy movie
>not high budget TV show
>>
>>63874981

I know, I'm just presenting an outsider's perspective on them.
>>
File: 1403788864338.jpg (113 KB, 684x626) Image search: [Google]
1403788864338.jpg
113 KB, 684x626
All I want is a movie or mini series about orks.
>>
>>63875015
film series.
tv series still doesn't have the budget a 40k series would need.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.